Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that set is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Really pulling no punches on this one

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
So happy I made it to that last show last night. It was my girlfriend’s first time and she was laughing at how crazy I was going as the set went on and on. loving perfect show.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Encore:
A Warm Place

The warm place would have been in my pants, ffs they need to tour Australia again :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just realized that last show had nothing from fragile onward on it, and they played nearly all of TDS and broken. i felt like i was in high school again.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Origami Dali posted:

I hadn't been to a show in a long while until tonight and this reality hit me hard. Weirdly, most of them also still dressed like they never left the late 90's.
It's funny, I saw Gary Numan for his Savage tour last year expecting a bunch of NIN-adjacent 90s industrial kids, but it was way more dudes in their sixties who were fans since Tubeway Army than I expected. Actually felt young in a crowd for once.

Leon Einstein posted:

Is he still touring? I saw him a few decades ago.
Yeah, I saw him open for Killing Joke in September. He covered Juke Joint Jezebel.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just realized that last show had nothing from fragile onward on it, and they played nearly all of TDS and broken. i felt like i was in high school again.

gently caress that setlist is madness.

I saw NIN three times in October, yet I still feel like I'm missing out...

Please Trent gently caress he better keep touring in 2019.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Anonymous John posted:

gently caress that setlist is madness.

I saw NIN three times in October, yet I still feel like I'm missing out...

Please Trent gently caress he better keep touring in 2019.

During the encore he said this was gonna be the last tour for a while, but new NIN was still in the pipeline, so hopefully its not another 3 year vanishing act.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

During the encore he said this was gonna be the last tour for a while, but new NIN was still in the pipeline, so hopefully its not another 3 year vanishing act.

Wave Goodbye was going to be the last tour for a while ever and uh we all know how that turned out.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

rock band still making money touring is a hard thing to pull off lately so im sure he'll keep it up
and eventually just do a residence at the hard rock in vegas because he loves that place

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

magiccarpet posted:

rock band still making money touring is a hard thing to pull off lately so im sure he'll keep it up
and eventually just do a residence at the hard rock in vegas because he loves that place

Besides the whole having to go to Vegas to see them, I feel like a somewhat (or wholly) dedicated venue for NIN would be pretty cool. Mostly from the sake of giving them a specific space to plan a stage/light show around. Seeing how incredibly well they can construct a stage on tour I imagine if they had a stable platform they could really ramp it up.

Just the same, Vegas is where acts go to die and put on the same performance 3 times a day (not that NIN could ever draw that) so meh.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!

Molestationary Store posted:

Wave Goodbye was going to be the last tour for a while ever and uh we all know how that turned out.

He actually admitted during that timeframe in certain interviews (in true Trent fashion, he was saying different things at different times) it probably wasn't going to be forever and he just needed a break for awhile.

At this stage I'm guessing last tour for a bit means 2 years. He has four kids and private school is expensive.

quote:

Just the same, Vegas is where acts go to die and put on the same performance 3 times a day (not that NIN could ever draw that) so meh.

Just had the vision of a 70 year old Trent performing for old guys who just came from the buffet table and are going to go to the nickel slots after.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Bonk posted:

Yeah, I saw him open for Killing Joke in September. He covered Juke Joint Jezebel.

That's him singing on the original, right?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

AGGGGGHHGGGHGHGHHHHH

quote:

JONATHAN RACH, (DIRECTOR OF THE LEGENDARY CLOSURE FILM), WILL BE PHOTOGRAPHING NINE INCH NAILS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWENTY YEARS AT THE UPCOMING PALLADIUM SHOWS. LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED PRINTS SIGNED BY TRENT AND JONATHAN WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON-SITE ON DEC. 8, 11, 12, 14 AND 15*. ORDERS FOR THESE PRINTS CAN BE PLACED AT THE MAIN OUTSIDE MERCH TABLE LOCATED IN THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM PARKING LOT, WHEN THE MERCH STAND OPENS ON THE AFOREMENTIONED DATES. ORDERS WILL BE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED AND LIMITED TO 1 PRINT PURCHASE PER CUSTOMER. UPON PURCHASE, A WRISTBAND WILL BE GIVEN TO EACH BUYER AND WILL BE USED AS PROOF OF PURCHASE TO PICK UP THE PACKAGED PRINT. PICK UP FOR THE PRINTS WILL BE LOCATED AT THE SAME MERCH TABLE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE VENUE STARTING AT 9:30PM, AND REMAIN AVAILABLE TO PICK UP UNTIL VENUE CLOSING. ALL PRINTS ORDERED MUST BE PICKED UP BY THE PURCHASER WEARING THE WRISTBAND, NO EXCEPTIONS.
*GUESTS ATTENDING THE FIRST SHOW ON DEC 7TH WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO PRE-ORDER A PRINT THAT NIGHT, TO BE SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR. PRE-ORDERS CAN BE PLACED AT THE DESIGNATED TABLE IN THE EAST LOBBY AS SOON AS VENUE DOORS OPEN. LIMIT 1 PRINT PER CUSTOMER.

But for serious, PM me if you're attending and able to do an East Coast goon a solid.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That rules. It would also rule if this happens to coincide with a new concert film somehow.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I go to Sundance every year and I was looking through the list of this years movies and in the New Frontier section (where the really artsy films go) there was this

The (ART) oF BE(i)NG / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: JB Ghuman, Jr., Producer: JB Ghuman, Jr.) — A visual-sonic journey meant to expand one's consciousness and emotional capacity through hand-crafted art and multi-dimensional storytelling. Cast: Maraqueen Reznor, Jake Shears, iRAWniQ, JB Ghuman Jr., Mayhem Miller, Hillary Tuck.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell yeah, I'm down with new stuff from Mariqueen in any capacity :swoon:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1070334877264801792

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

axelblaze posted:

Mayhem Miller,

wait what

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1071919367489761280

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1072223305300463616

These photos rule.

I hope they're not going away for a while after this tour ends :smith:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/1072223305300463616

These photos rule.

I hope they're not going away for a while after this tour ends :smith:

His speeches at the last two shows made it seem like they're done for a while.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Trent has to go home and read the newspaper and drink milk of magnesia

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

His speeches at the last two shows made it seem like they're done for a while.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Well at least the setlists have been killer recently! I'm sad I missed my chance to see them on this tour, but at least I got to see them last December and they were great then.

Hatman101
Sep 28, 2006
My Cubans!

Likely the drag queen, not the MMA fighter

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Fuuuck, I was gonna try to get rail for tomorrow’s show but I sprained my back.

They did a 90s setlist minus Perfect Drug tonight. Still sad I couldn’t go.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I was trying to make this show work but wasnt able to get a shift swapped. Minus pinion, they played broken but not in order.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was working on finishing up my top albums of 2018 list, and you know, Bad Witch isn't my favorite Nine Inch Nails release but I listened to it a lot more times than other 2018 albums and a lot of it's pretty loving good/memorable even if I don't love all of it.

I mean God Break Down The Door has gotta be in my top 10 songs of the year for sure.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
The Good Soldier without xylophone is just wrong

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was working on finishing up my top albums of 2018 list, and you know, Bad Witch isn't my favorite Nine Inch Nails release but I listened to it a lot more times than other 2018 albums and a lot of it's pretty loving good/memorable even if I don't love all of it.

I mean God Break Down The Door has gotta be in my top 10 songs of the year for sure.

its really great

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/joshfreese/status/1073262560923840512

Awww :unsmith:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That Palladium photo is super cool, would be great if they sold those online.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/_HEALTH_/status/1074025969273364481

Ahahahahahaha :allears:

Go see HEALTH on this tour if you can. I saw them in 2015 and they were badass.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i saw them in atlantic city in 08 and it was basically that same experience

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Now I want the xylophone arrangement for this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFhE8_tyuw

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tour's officially over now. Let's see what that final setlist was li--OH gently caress :popeye:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God loving damnit that setlist.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

That's a "we are not touring for awhile" setlist if I ever seen one God drat

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Wait, they covered Greensleeves? What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Man I want video of those Garson features. :stare: