Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Please do not waste a night action on me.

I am going to bite you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Like, it would be hilariously foolish to try.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m a PGO

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

We'll find out, then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

This sounds rather suspiciously like you're hinting that your power targets two people at random.

I meant no one on N1, and no one on N2

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Another experiment I recommend trying at some point;

Have enough people vote Humalong so that a normal player would be lynched, and see what happens.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

I've been re-reading D2 with Scum-Sal in mind and I just cannot fathom or comprehend posting THIS as scum, directly to my scumbro who is equally at risk of a lynch.

Like, the part of me that enjoys playing scum is just like "no no no no no what the gently caress are you doing"

I understand what you are saying, but you being so stuck on Sal being town is weird as gently caress. If we are to trust your role/what you've said: you are town, you have 0 investigative powers and you are not in a masonry. I don't see how in the world you can be so convinced of anyone else's allegiance.

The case against Sal is pretty big (to me):

- Sal had a number of scum posts in D1 and D2 (there was a reason he was an option for lynching yesterday), which I'm not going to highlight all because well I'm too busy and you're not even bothering to read D1. But some of them will be noted below.

- Sal claimed first that he was Vanilla Town and then that he was uncreative with his role. He then followed up with a role that was all but uncreative and which had conveniently both his brother and the brother killer's dead. Sal specifically claimed that he could not kill now since his brother was dead.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

This role description, specially the "I get a juggernaut kill which if guess incorrectly fails" and "can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro". Sal didn't conceal information, he lied about how his role worked whilst being on the chopping block. He is not town.

- B- literally did not vote for Sal despite the fact that Sal was ahead of him in votes and B- vote could have helped lynched Sal. In Day 1 when it was B- vs imgay, B- voted imgay solely because it was a me or him scenario. It makes NO sense for B- to not vote town Sal and buy himself a day. Any town lynch is good for scum regardless.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to make a leap here and trust that MMT is being truthful about what pere said in their masonry.

- Solus was part of the MMT and pera masonry. Sal knew this and made a scum slip posting it on the thread. He claimed that he meant to say pod, but I find it very suspicious that pera was the name that he confused it with. I obviously put pere's name on lower case on the quote above, and I hope everyone forgives me for this. She's been traumatised enough for it, me thinks.

Now reading ALL of the above, do you really think that your case on bif (who with 2 anon posts is way too easy to lynch) is stronger than that? If not, please go ahead and give us a stronger case on someone to lynch today.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Another experiment I recommend trying at some point;

Have enough people vote Humalong so that a normal player would be lynched, and see what happens.

I'd be willing to try this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Kit that fact that you even cite a joke as a reason I'm scum just really reinforces my scum read on you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The more I read "your case" the more I laugh. You don't have a single original or insightful point. If I wasnt so convinced about KB being scum you would easily be #1 with a bullet.

You cite a joke and understandable gently caress up (pod vs pera)

It's a good try though. Come back with a case you actually wrote next time.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Kit that fact that you even cite a joke as a reason I'm scum just really reinforces my scum read on you.

Make your case against me then.

And thank you for picking one sentence out of the entire list and not bothering to address anything else. In particular the point on why you clearly lied about how your role worked while under the pump. You didn’t neglect one piece of information, you completely rephrased the way your role supposedly worked. I don’t see town doing this.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

The more I read "your case" the more I laugh. You don't have a single original or insightful point. If I wasnt so convinced about KB being scum you would easily be #1 with a bullet.

You cite a joke and understandable gently caress up (pod vs pera)

It's a good try though. Come back with a case you actually wrote next time.

This post had a condescending tone that I do not appreciate. I’ve always treated you with respect, so please do me the same courtesy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

I obviously put pere's name on lower case on the quote above, and I hope everyone forgives me for this. She's been traumatised enough for it, me thinks.

Also for this: double gently caress you because it's not like I did it on purpose. Obviously if I had known this was an issue I wouldn't have done it. I understand this is a game and I don't do things on purpose so I reset you loving trying to portray me like a Goddamn monster because I capitalized someone's name.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Also for this: double gently caress you because it's not like I did it on purpose. Obviously if I had known this was an issue I wouldn't have done it. I understand this is a game and I don't do things on purpose so I reset you loving trying to portray me like a Goddamn monster because I capitalized someone's name.

Stop putting words onto my mouth. I was not accusing you of being a monster. I was mentioning the many many times that post got quoted (including me) which led to the misspelling being repeated and pera being upset. I believed you didn’t know, I didn’t either until it was explained to me. I just wanted to use the quote but felt bad leaving it there. I don’t know why you’re making me out to be an rear end in a top hat and I do not appreciate it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Kit I don't know you, as far as I can recall this is our first game together. I'm loving tired of dealing with this game I truly am. I was serious when I said I don't have the mental or emotional energy to deal with another 48 hours of bullshit.

If my post came off as condescending I apologize.

However that doesn't change the fact that your case is not a good one, it is full of talking points that I've refuted over and loving over.

So when you have some new fresh take, great, otherwise you have literally cobbled a case together from two different people (KB and MMT) and presented it as your own.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SalTheBard posted:

—-

Kit I don't know you, as far as I can recall this is our first game together. I'm loving tired of dealing with this game I truly am. I was serious when I said I don't have the mental or emotional energy to deal with another 48 hours of bullshit.

Calling a quick time out: can we please try and keep this game on a friendly vibe?

I think you’re scum in-game but you’re also my friend out-of-game, those two things shouldn’t affect each other :ohdearsass:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Regardless of what happens here, it won't effect our friendship. But you have to understand that scum has been attacking me for almost 4 straight days and yeah it gets to be a little much after awhile, so if I'm not the normal chipper person I am, there are reasons for that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kitiara posted:

please go ahead and give us a stronger case on someone to lynch today.

I'll address the rest of this when I have a moment, but as to this, here is the only person I'm voting for today, barring something crazy;

KB's scum result.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey I’m scum claiming. Sal is town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lol.

Good morning

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Bifauxnen (3): Yami Fenrir, Anonymous, Anonymous
SalTheBard (3): peramene, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Kitiara, Bifauxnen
Rhjamiz (2): Bifauxnen, Anonymous
King Burgundy (2): Natural 20, SalTheBard
peramene (0): Max, Max, Max, Max

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, King Burgundy, Max, Rhjamiz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Calling a quick time out: can we please try and keep this game on a friendly vibe?

I think you’re scum in-game but you’re also my friend out-of-game, those two things shouldn’t affect each other :ohdearsass:

Echoing this. Lets all take a step back for a moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sal, outside of KB, what else have you found suspicious today?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KB, a lot of your posting completely and utterly assumes that Sal is flipping scum. What changes, in your mind, if he flips town instead?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Maybe Max will do a vote analysis for us tomorrow? I know he's capable and he may be willing.

I'll do this once I've had some caffein and I can grab a free moment. I think it's worth looking back at all that to see how the votes started coming in.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Max posted:

KB, a lot of your posting completely and utterly assumes that Sal is flipping scum. What changes, in your mind, if he flips town instead?

Thank you for beating me to this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes it's a good thought experiment I've tried with people that are tunneling hard on a single person.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(phoneposting so apologies if this was covered)

Sal - if KB is scum, why do you think he claimed deathproof instead of just letting you confirm him as town?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, follow-up: if you’re town who used a one-shot vig and is now vanilla, why is it bothering you so much to be cased? Like if you die and flip town, I feel like that basically breaks the game open (and saves your team the risk of killing a townie with a better ability) - is that wrong?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

Sal, outside of KB, what else have you found suspicious today?

Scum read I posted earlier will answer that question

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

(phoneposting so apologies if this was covered)

Sal - if KB is scum, why do you think he claimed deathproof instead of just letting you confirm him as town?

Nat20 is the one that said he was death proof. Nobody believes me anyways so what does here have to gain?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(I’m really sorry if it seems like I’m being a jerk here, this all just stems from a place of trying to ascertain your alignment)

SalTheBard posted:

I'm loving tired of dealing with this game I truly am. I was serious when I said I don't have the mental or emotional energy to deal with another 48 hours of bullshit.

This fact that you said basically this on d2, but still had the strategic sense to lie about your role, is the thing that I find most suspicious about you at the moment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, follow-up: if you’re town who used a one-shot vig and is now vanilla, why is it bothering you so much to be cased? Like if you die and flip town, I feel like that basically breaks the game open (and saves your team the risk of killing a townie with a better ability) - is that wrong?

How does my death and flipping town "break the game wide open"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Nat20 is the one that said he was death proof. Nobody believes me anyways so what does here have to gain?

You juggernaut vigged him and no one died, that’s not enough to convince you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Scum read I posted earlier will answer that question

I saw kit, I was wondering if there was anything else.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

How does my death and flipping town "break the game wide open"?

Because everyone has taken a stance on you, so it should be pretty easily to analyze d2 and see what’s up.

Like you’re essentially VT now, no? In a CYOR?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Max posted:

He gets to say "Oops lol my bad look at ScumTheBard making me think he was all scummy and poo poo let's move onto the next town target!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

He gets to say "Oops lol my bad look at ScumTheBard making me think he was all scummy and poo poo let's move onto the next town target!"

OK

Unless someone has a result that clears Sal, I think it's going to be better to lunch him today since, as MMT said, everyone has commented on him at this point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Because everyone has taken a stance on you, so it should be pretty easily to analyze d2 and see what’s up.

Like you’re essentially VT now, no? In a CYOR?

Also, if you die and flip town, it’d confirm KB as either town himself or deathproof (and thus almost certainly town because that’d be broken for scum or SK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't wait to see the cavalcade of bullshit that's going to fly when I flip town.

• Locked thread