Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's actually the cat.

Image was put behind spoiler since it's, well, a spoiler.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Never trust a cat.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Jedit posted:

The whole point of the Skrulls is that they're shapeshifters who infiltrate societies as the first stage of their conquest programme. The first half of this is spelled out explicitly at the start of the trailer.

To be clear, I meant a villain character, not a horde. The poster who said they’re trying to hide the twist is likely right, but that likely means an unexplored villain.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ghostwritingduck posted:

To be clear, I meant a villain character, not a horde. The poster who said they’re trying to hide the twist is likely right, but that likely means an unexplored villain.

They gave it away in the trailer along with releasing the casting. However, if you’re not familiar with Captain Marvel then it probably didn’t register.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
man gently caress comic movies i demand more star wars lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Food Boner posted:

man gently caress comic movies i demand more star wars lol

man I wish someone would make a good Star Wars movie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Taintrunner posted:

man I wish someone would make a good Star Wars movie
It has been a while :smith:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

They gave it away in the trailer along with releasing the casting. However, if you’re not familiar with Captain Marvel then it probably didn’t register.

It registered if you've seen a trailer before. Th he famou is actor that is allied with the hero but is antagonistic towards her?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It has been a while :smith:

I mean, seven months isn't that long.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Avengers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Marvel make a Nextwave movie you cowards.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It'd actually be neat if they just called it AVENGERS, but there is a kinda blah subtitle at the end: ENDGAME.

AVENGERS: EFFECTS ARENT READY

edit: Mentioned it in BSS, but it would've been nice to catch a glimpse of the post-rapture world to give more of a feeling than just a few bummed people in their building. Some quick shots of people in cities, memorials, while Johansson is talking, before we see Ruffalo.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 7, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, Endgame is a terrible subtitle. They should've gone with The Quickening.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Avengers Really Bad Day.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Avengers: I Hate Mondays

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

+1 if they just called the movie Avengers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

It'd actually be neat if they just called it AVENGERS, but there is a kinda blah subtitle at the end: ENDGAME.

AVENGERS: EFFECTS ARENT READY

edit: Mentioned it in BSS, but it would've been nice to catch a glimpse of the post-rapture world to give more of a feeling than just a few bummed people in their building. Some quick shots of people in cities, memorials, while Johansson is talking, before we see Ruffalo.

It looks like loving garbage.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It looks like loving garbage.

Other than Hawkeye's (or Ronin, I guess) sword wiping looking a bit silly, there's basically nothing to judge it on other than how sad a handful of people are looking.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

Other than Hawkeye's (or Ronin, I guess) sword wiping looking a bit silly, there's basically nothing to judge it on other than how sad a handful of people are looking.

It looks like Heroes Webisodes.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I like how the trailer for the new Spiderman comes out tomorrow, kind of takes the wind out of Avengers sails a bit.

I'd laugh if they show'd how Spiderman comes back

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It looks like Heroes Webisodes.

That's really really mean lol

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Mentioned it in BSS, but it would've been nice to catch a glimpse of the post-rapture world to give more of a feeling than just a few bummed people in their building. Some quick shots of people in cities, memorials, while Johansson is talking, before we see Ruffalo.

This would require the death of half of all living creatures in the universe to have meaning outside of it representing a traumatic impotence for a dozen or so people.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. Leftovers that poo poo

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Let's just say there's a reason why I still haven't seen the newest Ant-Man movie yet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sir Kodiak posted:

This would require the death of half of all living creatures in the universe to have meaning outside of it representing a traumatic impotence for a dozen or so people.

Half the cars are empty...

Endgame sucks as a title, though it could easily have been the title of an Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade issue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shneak posted:

Let's just say there's a reason why I still haven't seen the newest Ant-Man movie yet.

Because you hate fun?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/SaiyanMemeGod/status/1071124974507712512

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd actually become a Marvel fan if they did that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

now that's a clip i would watch!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ant-Man will shrink and walk all over Thanos' brain, killing him. The next 3 phase will then be about Galactus trying to destroy Earth and Avengers 6 will reveal that is doing it not out of hunger but because Thanos was pregnant with their child.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

can i get an antwobble

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Krankenstyle posted:

can i get an antwobble

Marvel, could you kick up the 4d3d3d3?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
https://twitter.com/JoelVValden/status/1071096698330505216?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6eB0JT1DI4

It’s hilarious how hard it copies the Man of Steel trailer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
WOW you ain't kidding.

Also, gross. "What if Superman but now the immigration metaphor is about xenophobia?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aww, man. This is the movie people were guessing was an adaptation of the Grant Morrison comic, Nameless.
Compare the symbol in the movie (which Gunn had previously posted as a teaser) to this one in the comic:

Actually, in looking up Nameless, I found this interview with Morrison and Gunn in the lead-up to the comic where they talk about possibly adapting We3 (another GM comic.)
https://comicbook.com/2014/10/14/grant-morrison-and-james-gunn-discuss-nameless-and-a-possible-we/
So maybe it's still be a stealth Nameless thing.
In the comic, the symbol was a rune on an evil satan asteroid that turned people crazy and homicidal. The kid could have a chunk of it as a stand-in for kryptonite or some poo poo.

edit:
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1019384549221027840

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s hilarious how hard it copies the Man of Steel trailer.

The whole thing is obviously 'what if superman was a creepy evil kid', so why not?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 8, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A cheapie should be good but there's something very Mark Millar about all this.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

The whole thing is obviously 'what if superman was a creepy evil kid', so why not?
I was like these guys must be exaggerating and then it got to the shot of the swing and I fully understood

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The comicbook.com channel on youtube has a Godzilla 2 trailer labeled "Official Trailer 2" but it's just the first one with like two seconds' worth of fuzzy King Ghidorah clips in front of it, don't be fooled :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, that came out a week or two ago, but I thought we were supposed to be getting a new one sometime today?