Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Caldwell/Beverly has a youtube channel called Drawfee that is also pretty fun, if you're looking for more content (arr).

That's actually how I found out about this show.

They did a video with Justin and Griffin McElroy which got me to subscribe in the first place.

Good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Bumping to remind everyone that this show owns bones. How cool was all that eyeless/faceless Akarot stuff in the last episode? Very creepy and both a cool way to world build and drive the plot.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I still can't get get over Moonshine using an entire rage to gently caress up a punk teen, poo poo had me dying

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

timp posted:

Bumping to remind everyone that this show owns bones. How cool was all that eyeless/faceless Akarot stuff in the last episode? Very creepy and both a cool way to world build and drive the plot.

Listening to Short Rest and hearing them theorycraft this happening some 6 eps. before.

I love this show so much, I think I may do some fan art.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor being a Janissary would make me happy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Balnor being a Janissary would make me happy.

The Band of Boobs keep forgetting is that Balnor is a Halfling. I always picture him as a dadbod human but no, he's a goddamn Hobbit.

Unless WW1 had secret agents from the Shire, he couldn't have been scooped from there.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Inzombiac posted:

Listening to Short Rest and hearing them theorycraft this happening some 6 eps. before.

I love this show so much, I think I may do some fan art.

That'd own and I'd love to see it.

Is there a fan art community already? Its not something I've looked for yet.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
beverly go on chapo

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Inzombiac posted:

The Band of Boobs keep forgetting is that Balnor is a Halfling. I always picture him as a dadbod human but no, he's a goddamn Hobbit.

Unless WW1 had secret agents from the Shire, he couldn't have been scooped from there.

My theory is that Balnor is from the Shadowrun universe since I don't know of any others with both a California and halflings. I mean, unless he's from D20 Modern or something more obscure like a home brew campaign.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ArchRanger posted:

My theory is that Balnor is from the Shadowrun universe since I don't know of any others with both a California and halflings. I mean, unless he's from D20 Modern or something more obscure like a home brew campaign.

It's a safe bet that it's a homebrew situation. Murph has homebrewed this whole thing so far, it would be weird to stop just for this one thing.

I think he's from future Bahoomia (sp?). Hopefully they will drip feed some more details soon. I don't want him to be a child of Bev or anything but maybe a member of the Neo Green Knights.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Reminder for the Patreon folk that Caldwell will be DM'ing a non-boob adventure for the gang today at 1pm pacific.

e: Which is now, turns out. Caldwell is setting up the stream.

ee: It was really good. Emily's new character is amazing.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 12, 2018

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Still playing catchup with NADDPod. Just finished episode 23.

What is with young Bev and mocking gods when they’re all thousands of feet up in the air? Cobb better be okay. :pray:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor being inspired to confidence because Moonshine was dying was pretty funny.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Liv Tyler's Immortal Pussy Juice

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Episode 35: That may have been the most devastating 2 that they’ve rolled yet. I figured there would be an attempt on Gemma’s life, didn’t think it would be the same episode we meet her!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
holy poo poo, the first part of this episode

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I love every time Hardwon talks poo poo about Coldain, because it's impossible to tell how much is good role-playing and how much actual real adult man Jake Hurwitz getting jealous of an imaginary ex's new boyfriend.

Once more, the big treat of the Short Rest is hearing how into it they all are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

I love every time Hardwon talks poo poo about Coldain, because it's impossible to tell how much is good role-playing and how much actual real adult man Jake Hurwitz getting jealous of an imaginary ex's new boyfriend.

as a huge D&D nerd myself hearing how 100% into this Jake is coming from basically zero is genuinely heartwarming. There's a lot of toxic poo poo to deal with in tabletop sadly so it's really cool to hear a group with a brand new guy in it all so eager and happy and having a nice time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

It reminds me a lot of manic Jake from Jake and Amir.
A normally calm dude being super defensive and lovely because he's being slightly criticized.

That opening "fight" in the latest episode made me feel genuinely terrible. He didn't deserve that!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

That opening "fight" in the latest episode made me feel genuinely terrible. He didn't deserve that!

et tu, Penis??

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't think my heart could take it Balnor died...

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’m finally caught up!

Moonshine deciding to kill the giant, and then leaving him on death’s door so she doesn’t have to be the one to deal the killing blow might be the darkest moment yet. And then Bev suffocating him with the Bag of Holding. Holy poo poo. And when the mammoth crit on Balnor and put him down in hostile territory. I thought for sure he was a goner. What an episode to catch up on.

This show owns, easily my favorite actual play podcast now. Time to become a Patreon donor so I can start listening to the short rests!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I don't think my heart could take it Balnor died...

Balnor can't die, it would cause a time paradox.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

Balnor can't die, it would cause a time paradox.

the band of boobs gets balnor back home, but, twist: he's now powerful enough to swing world war I in favor of germany

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Band of Boobs murdering a giant slave to sleep in his guts but then having a moral crisis about releasing some rams back into their natural habitat is extremely on brand.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This show owns and manages to thread the needle of jokes/BSing, getting the story to move along, and not railroading the players down the GM’s clear intended route.

Only bad part: they keep reminding me that P.O.D. was/is a thing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

This show owns and manages to thread the needle of jokes/BSing, getting the story to move along, and not railroading the players down the GM’s clear intended route.

Only bad part: they keep reminding me that P.O.D. was/is a thing.

I refuse to look this up but you’re talking about Puddle of Mudd right?? They didn’t refer to themselves as P.O.D. did they?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

timp posted:

I refuse to look this up but you’re talking about Puddle of Mudd right?? They didn’t refer to themselves as P.O.D. did they?

Nah, different band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKwCvD56kw&t=117s

I timestamped it. Do yourself a favour and turn it off after a few seconds.

e: Unless you have a whopping huge boner for christian nu metal, I mean.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Not Operator posted:

Nah, different band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKwCvD56kw&t=117s

I timestamped it. Do yourself a favour and turn it off after a few seconds.

e: Unless you have a whopping huge boner for christian nu metal, I mean.

Oh yeah, duhh

I totally combined those two Christian Nu-metal bands together in my head!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

There's another Trinyvale stream starting at 3pm PDT.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hot loving drat the climax of this episode

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hot drat, the last part of the purple worm encounter was intense. I thought for sure Moonshine was toast.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does anyone subscribe to DropOut?

I really like all the shows but wonder if they update frequently enough to justify the cost.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I really want to for Dimension 20 and Um, Actually but it's still limited to the US, Canada and Australia.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

NeuroticLich posted:

Hot drat, the last part of the purple worm encounter was intense. I thought for sure Moonshine was toast.

Yeah. I know they've at least said there's not plot armor and that they could roll new characters, but sometimes you come closer to putting your money where your mouth is than others.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He drowned in poo poo, on Christmas!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Farg posted:

He drowned in poo poo, on Christmas!

lil fucker had it comin!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That bird is gonna come back like the dragon in Divinity.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not Operator posted:

I really want to for Dimension 20 and Um, Actually but it's still limited to the US, Canada and Australia.

I am now wrong, Dropout was international as of December 20th.

It has a one week free trial, so you can check it out and see if its worth your money for the low price of a $1 authorization hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Where is the second episode of Trinyvale? The short rest for it popped up, only.