Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jesus Christ these are the worst business ideas yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
and they are advertising for next year's :cripes:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

22 lmao

Also that has to be the worst winners prize ever ffs

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Next week's prize: 2 for 1 Pizza Express

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
What was the prize? i missed it

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

What was the prize? i missed it
Watching an old film in a park, with a beer/wine.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Camilla is 22....?

Yeah genuinely surprised about that. I guess she is trying to look older?

I was sorry to see the strongest candidate go in Jackie, but I liked her car speech. And I just realised Tom didn't even get his car speech.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rondette posted:

I was sorry to see the strongest candidate go in Jackie, but I liked her car speech. And I just realised Tom didn't even get his car speech.

Yea her car speech felt a lot more...."nice" than others.
Glad Tom has finally been fired.

Camilla is going out with someone my girlfriend knows so I knew she was 22 but she still doesn't look it at all, I'd have put her in her late 20s I think. They also never make a big point of her being young like they do with other people.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

They also never make a big point of her being young like they do with other people.

Like Alex "I'm 24" dude, I wonder what became of him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Khablam posted:

Literally the worst reward yet.
One week they all fly to Glasgow, then there's no budget for the reward to even be a nice meal in a restaurant. That was so strange.
"You've been big shots on the small screen, so you're going to unwind in front of the big screen now, so I've arranged an exclusive screening." Is this portable cinema experience the business plan of a previous candidate?

They're on folding chairs to watch a movie and listen on headphones. The screen showed "Little Shop of Horrors" but it didn't look like the 1986 movie :iiam:
It would have been better if he'd said, "Neither team did well and you only won by $130 so your reward will reflect my lack of enthusiasm for your efforts".

Rondette posted:

n

Tom was dull as dishwater. The problem this week wasn't that Jackie pushed Tom to be project leader, it was that Tom then decided he would be a tv presenter.
At this point I woulon't be completey shocked if Sugar pulled off his mask and it was Ali G.
Jasmine was criticized for being too corporate.
Kayode was fired for not being corporate enough.
Mumpreneur Khadija is too aggressive, puts people off, isn't good at selling - so she stays.
Jackie was fired for being a semi-oak tree. :confused:
"Jackie, I don't like people who shove people into other positions" How can he say it with a straight face when THAT'S THE BASIC PREMISE OF THIS ENTIRE SERIES AND EVERY CRAZY TASK GIVEN TO THE CANDIDATES

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

They were watching the original 1960 (non-musical) Little Shop of Horrors which happens to have fallen out of copyright and therefore is free to show, just in case you couldn’t work out that this was the cheapest possible reward.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Comrade Fakename posted:

They were watching the original 1960 (non-musical) Little Shop of Horrors which happens to have fallen out of copyright and therefore is free to show, just in case you couldn’t work out that this was the cheapest possible reward.
Yes, it's a shame the BBC has such a limited movie inventory to pull from LOL. It's just weird that in the boardroom Sugar made it sound a lot better than what they got. "I've arranged an exclusive screening" turns out to be a gazebo in a public park, an ancient 'cult classic', folding deck chairs, and the world's smallest bottles of champagne.

The Nomad Cinema lists Trading Places in their lineup of films, at least that has a business theme.
http://www.whereisthenomad.com/#features

IMO this pop-up business must have some tie-in to the show; either a former candidate is involved, or maybe the owner applied to be on the Apprentice.

\/ Weird experience indeed. Thematically, Little Shop of Horrors would have made slightly more sense as a reward for the gardening challenge.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 2, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people don't even know there is an "original" little shop of horrors, so it was probably a weird experience for them all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I doubt any of them had heard of the more recent one either.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Binary Logic posted:

One week they all fly to Glasgow, then there's no budget for the reward to even be a nice meal in a restaurant. That was so strange.
"You've been big shots on the small screen, so you're going to unwind in front of the big screen now, so I've arranged an exclusive screening." Is this portable cinema experience the business plan of a previous candidate?

They're on folding chairs to watch a movie and listen on headphones. The screen showed "Little Shop of Horrors" but it didn't look like the 1986 movie :iiam:
It would have been better if he'd said, "Neither team did well and you only won by $130 so your reward will reflect my lack of enthusiasm for your efforts".

Tom was dull as dishwater. The problem this week wasn't that Jackie pushed Tom to be project leader, it was that Tom then decided he would be a tv presenter.
At this point I woulon't be completey shocked if Sugar pulled off his mask and it was Ali G.
Jasmine was criticized for being too corporate.
Kayode was fired for not being corporate enough.
Mumpreneur Khadija is too aggressive, puts people off, isn't good at selling - so she stays.
Jackie was fired for being a semi-oak tree. :confused:
"Jackie, I don't like people who shove people into other positions" How can he say it with a straight face when THAT'S THE BASIC PREMISE OF THIS ENTIRE SERIES AND EVERY CRAZY TASK GIVEN TO THE CANDIDATES

:newlol: thanks for posting that. I missed that bit. My god, it's just so grim. Series 1 they were sent on weekends to Monaco. Fuckin hell.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

To be honest I don’t really care about how cheap the rewards are. They’re just holdovers from the US show which had more of a Trumpian “live the life of a billionaire!” theme. I’m not keen on armchair director-generals in the Daily Mail who rage about the BBC spending money on whatever they disapprove of, but if they really splashed out on luxuries for a bunch of the biggest pricks on TV for the purposes of a pretty superfluous 30 second bit on their show I wouldn’t be pleased.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just give them a fair weeks wage regardless of the result, and a bonus if they win. The fired contestant gets a redundancy package too.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Steve2911 posted:

I doubt any of them had heard of the more recent one either.

Given one of them didn't know who Kim Jong Un was this is almost certainly the case.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Comrade Fakename posted:

To be honest I don’t really care about how cheap the rewards are. They’re just holdovers from the US show which had more of a Trumpian “live the life of a billionaire!” theme. I’m not keen on armchair director-generals in the Daily Mail who rage about the BBC spending money on whatever they disapprove of, but if they really splashed out on luxuries for a bunch of the biggest pricks on TV for the purposes of a pretty superfluous 30 second bit on their show I wouldn’t be pleased.

I don't have a problem with, I just find it funny how they've gone from luxury weekend breaks in Rome to watching a film in a park in the rain :newlol:

herself singing in the car and gurning in the boardroom last week is very aware she's on telly isn't she

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the frig is happening

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Okay that looks like some kind of anne summers party booby (lol) prize

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This episode looks like it was shot after the series wrapped. No one is acting like they normally do with one another at all.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Like, this is too much :(

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Buy ours! We'll give you £100k of advertising, for free! A 2500 strong marketing team! No, more! 100 million dollars too!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It's just too farcical now

Just realised the bloke who is left sounds like Ed Milliband

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m the £40 cream tea prize in a strip club basement

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Favourite part of this bizarro land episode: after suffering through the legally mandated no-makeup morning, all the girls reacted by then wearing the rest of the makeup they'd brought with them for the first day.
Also Daniel proudly describing their pitch: "We went in, and then did our dance"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I love how they weren't even criticised for the terrible acting and dancing. Which makes sense, if Lurdsugah lays it on for the teams then they can't complain that it's totally inappropriate for a business pitch...

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

I don't have a problem with, I just find it funny how they've gone from luxury weekend breaks in Rome to watching a film in a park in the rain :newlol:

herself singing in the car and gurning in the boardroom last week is very aware she's on telly isn't she

It's not only the cheapness but that it has nothing to do with anything. As I said earlier, Little Shop of Horrors might have made thematic sense as reward for the gardening challenge. But it's so random to show that particular old movie to a group of people in the midst of striving for a business relationship.

Also the timing struck me this week: they're in the boardroom, then go to the reward, and are back in the house in time for the survivors of the losing team to arrive. There wouldn't really be enough time to watch an entire movie ?!

And my takeaway from this week: Karen has a tough time comprehending human emotion. "Are you okay? There is moisture seeping out of your image receptor orbs perhaps you are undergoing a malfunction"

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 6, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Spent the entire episode wondering how the gently caress the sexy santa chocolate was going to win, because the apprentice edit is always a thing. Reverse-apprentice-edited!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

eating only apples posted:

Spent the entire episode wondering how the gently caress the sexy santa chocolate was going to win, because the apprentice edit is always a thing. Reverse-apprentice-edited!

I mean the show has long since jumped the shark but if this had happened then it would have been shat out by the shark having at a point in between those events been eaten by the shark.

Binary Logic posted:

It's not only the cheapness but that it has nothing to do with anything. As I said earlier, Little Shop of Horrors might have made thematic sense as reward for the gardening challenge. But it's so random to show that particular old movie to a group of people in the midst of striving for a business relationship.

Also the timing struck me this week: they're in the boardroom, then go to the reward, and are back in the house in time for the survivors of the losing team to arrive. There wouldn't really be enough time to watch an entire movie ?!

And my takeaway from this week: Karen has a tough time comprehending human emotion. "Are you okay? There is moisture seeping out of your image receptor orbs perhaps you are undergoing a malfunction"

The one in the blue was really acting up for the cameras and it was doing my head in. I like how it looks like she is desperate to steal a hug and the other one cries when she finally succeeds. I don't even know their names, I'm always knackered when I watch this and I mean I just don't care :/

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

This is entirely what I was thinking as well, it just felt like that's how it always goes.
I was really relieved

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah but the other team's Renoir Chocolat or whatever it was called was totally generic and forgettable. I thought both teams would end up with no orders.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

I mean the show has long since jumped the shark but if this had happened then it would have been shat out by the shark having at a point in between those events been eaten by the shark.

The one in the blue was really acting up for the cameras and it was doing my head in. I like how it looks like she is desperate to steal a hug and the other one cries when she finally succeeds. I don't even know their names, I'm always knackered when I watch this and I mean I just don't care :/

Now that you mention it: in the previous week's boardroom Khadija, (the one in the blue) was criticized for being too cold, too bossy and she rebutted that she's usually perceived as warm and friendly. So that's a great observation, she's probably working at being seen that way. Of course it helps that they won the task.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Since when can they make up complete bullshit in the pitches? A huge marketing push? I mean I guess everyone involved knows this is a fake offer for a fake product on a tv show, but still.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

graventy posted:

Since when can they make up complete bullshit in the pitches? A huge marketing push? I mean I guess everyone involved knows this is a fake offer for a fake product on a tv show, but still.

This season has felt generally more fake than before, like when they're being horrible to each other in the boardroom but the show shows us them saying "Good luck" as they leave, which is what happened on the last one.
Really weird.

Still looking forward to the interviews though. I maintain that Sian and maybe Daniel are the ones that'll get through although Sabrina seems a candidate for that too. It's more because they seem more "normal" and not just there for good TV.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
We've heard so much about loving nut milk that I'll be shocked if Camilla doesn't somehow make it to the final. Sugar is utterly obsessed.

Do we know much about the other business plans? Sabrina is sporty somehow, a personal trainer business? She's escaped a lot of bad situations, I think she's a contender, if it can be called that when it's just Sugar hankering for his favourite new friend.

e: Daniel's going to do a Solomon and fall apart at the interviews. Sian's too competent, probably fired next week. Who else is there? Oh Khadija, I like her. Ideally her and Sabrina in the final but, cocking nut milk.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 7, 2018

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Kind of poo poo of the production team that the contestants had to do pitches like they have a dozen times but this time they had to go to acting workshops specifically so that they would extra humiliate themselves.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of poo poo of the production team that the contestants had to do pitches like they have a dozen times but this time they had to go to acting workshops specifically so that they would extra humiliate themselves.

Yeah even by the usual standards this series feels extra super contrived and it is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'd like to paraphrase Marvin the android from HHGTTG now: Here I am brain the size of a planet and they've got me looking like a bit player on Coronation Street to watch these clowns try to make chocolates. Call that job satisfaction? Cuz I don't.

Comrade Fakename posted:

We call this dance, Surallen's Choco Humiliation