Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Churchill posted:

That's cool, seems like Rockstar are (well in a sense at least) on top of things balance and exploit wise. Although those things probably should have been in the game from the start.

literally what a beta is for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The varmint rifle is incredibly good because it has the highest accuracystat of all the beginner guns, and most guns I think. Only the bolt action is more accurate but it's also extremely slow and holds 5 bullets. Accuracy is the most important stat in pvp currently because it determines how quickly your aim cone gets smaller, which is important for instant headshots

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

varmint will be nerfed into oblivion with the first balance patch

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I drop people with the bolt far more than varmint. Sniping people with the scope outside of auto lock range is really common, people think they're safe

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Donovan Trip posted:

I drop people with the bolt far more than varmint. Sniping people with the scope outside of auto lock range is really common, people think they're safe

anything that does not exploit the game's autoaim and instagib headshots objectively cannot be m e t a

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

what if they nerfed headshots

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nerf headshots, boost dickshots

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

meatsaw posted:

Had just gotten on and joined a (newly formed) posse that was trying to walk me through the first missions. I was really green to the online mode, but there was a gang in Blackwater with rolling block rifles that kept sniping all of us before we could get anywhere near there or the mission point. I eventually made it in and got the cutscene started which apparently made me not a target anymore while they continued to get sniped, but it wasn't the most fun time. As soon as the cutscene ended I was sniped, but we were able to roll out from there. Given there wasn't much else we could do until I finished that it wasn't the most fun I'd had online, and took a lot longer than it should have.

Other than being in a posse, the right response to this is just to hop to another server. I pretty much do it as soon as anyone griefs me and you just get away from them, and they lose any fun they get from harassing you.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

ICMB posted:

Other than being in a posse, the right response to this is just to hop to another server. I pretty much do it as soon as anyone griefs me and you just get away from them, and they lose any fun they get from harassing you.

Thank you, def do that next time I'm solo. It became clear they were just sniping us whether we were responding or not, I'd gone into menus and kept getting struck - as soon as I'd respawn they'd hone in on me and I'd die again without even moving. I assume a posse can't move together and have to "pull" each other to the new server?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I saw a sheep with a bouquet of flowers on it, so i shot it. It had a gold wedding ring attached to it too. Whoops

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

Davies Bros. aren't set up to buy horses yet, but in the tutorial they say they will be soon

I watched a buddy make a character and do the intro stuff tonight. (story mission complete spoiler) I forgot that Mrs. LeClerk shows you 4 cards of people on her poo poo list. We only get the lowest on the totem, the gunman. So maybe three more installments in this storyline

She also explicitly says 3 more at the end of the last mission, I know you have seen this cutscene seven thousand times because pubbies NEVER loving SKIP CUTSCENE

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On the gunslinger side missions. I made it to the final part of that...

When you have a showdown with the guy you're doing all this work for (connelly?), do you have to kill him? I tried to shoot his gun out of his hand but panicked and shot him in the knee instead which proved deadly. Got his gun. But is there a way to end that differently?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

titties posted:

She also explicitly says 3 more at the end of the last mission, I know you have seen this cutscene seven thousand times because pubbies NEVER loving SKIP CUTSCENE

As someone who just started playing online last night, I am not going to skip the cutscenes on the first viewing.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

On the gunslinger side missions. I made it to the final part of that...

When you have a showdown with the guy you're doing all this work for (connelly?), do you have to kill him? I tried to shoot his gun out of his hand but panicked and shot him in the knee instead which proved deadly. Got his gun. But is there a way to end that differently?

Don’t think so. I’ve tried that so many times the game offered to skip it for me lol

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Roman Reigns posted:

Don’t think so. I’ve tried that so many times the game offered to skip it for me lol

Same, I tried to shoot the gun out of his hand like you could in red dead 1 but it didn’t like that either.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Fool posted:

As someone who just started playing online last night, I am not going to skip the cutscenes on the first viewing.

And you shouldn't have to but by the time you've hit level twenty or so there's no way you haven't seen all the cutscenes a lot of times and clearly they and I are just grinding the missions over and over and I would like them to skip the cutscene, they do not need to watch it but clearly they intend to watch it but I do not want to watch it very much at all

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

I saw a sheep with a bouquet of flowers on it, so i shot it. It had a gold wedding ring attached to it too. Whoops

Same. From what I gather it's just some red neck sheep fuckers wife anyway.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A fella was making outlandish claims that he was the mayor of saint denis and if you had a problem with that your fists could do the talking down at the saloon. And Big Mae Suggins says no sir you ain't the mayor. Ain't got no tophat or nothing. Big Mae calls you a liar. He says Big Mae can have the first swing.

I press the punch button and then the block button as this helped a lot in single player. Instead of a haymaker, a prissy two handed shove comes out. And instead of blocking, he grabbed me and executed me with his fist. I had 9 health, full health, and a gold heart core, and he punched me to death with one punch. What the gently caress do words even mean anymore.

Is there a card that lets you execute people with one punch? What the gently caress is even the point of having a brawl system if a full health level 9 health lady can be punched to death by one punch.

I never loving won a brawl with one punch in single player. Why the gently caress would I eat it after one punch in multiplayer?

titties posted:

Is there a way to do missions, or help people do missions, that you've already done? or are you just bailing out and never completing it so that you can rank up faster?

e: Also the only place in lemoyne where beaver used to spawn is now a camp, even if you aren't camping there, so, gently caress! How am I gonna pay off this varmint rifle now?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 7, 2018

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Krinkle posted:

A fella was making outlandish claims that he was the mayor of saint denis and if you had a problem with that your fists could do the talking down at the saloon. And Big Mae Suggins says no sir you ain't the mayor. Ain't got no tophat or nothing. Big Mae calls you a liar. He says Big Mae can have the first swing.

I press the punch button and then the block button as this helped a lot in single player. Instead of a haymaker, a prissy two handed shove comes out. And instead of blocking, he grabbed me and executed me with his fist. I had 9 health, full health, and a gold heart core, and he punched me to death with one punch. What the gently caress do words even mean anymore.

Is there a card that lets you execute people with one punch? What the gently caress is even the point of having a brawl system if a full health level 9 health lady can be punched to death by one punch.

I never loving won a brawl with one punch in single player. Why the gently caress would I eat it after one punch in multiplayer?

Is there a way to do missions, or help people do missions, that you've already done? or are you just bailing out and never completing it so that you can rank up faster?

Yea you can go into a queue for being on call for story missions. It’s in the online menu when you press left on the dpad.

In true rockstar menu fashion, that particular menu is very similar but slightly different than the Online menu that you get from pressing options.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

And you shouldn't have to but by the time you've hit level twenty or so there's no way you haven't seen all the cutscenes a lot of times and clearly they and I are just grinding the missions over and over and I would like them to skip the cutscene, they do not need to watch it but clearly they intend to watch it but I do not want to watch it very much at all

I might've been level 20 when I did the last mission.

Also pubbies don't skip cutscenes because they're the perfect break to catch up on texts, yell at your wife/gf about the baby, and/or get in another massive bong rip.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Am I right in assuming that for at least one person in that lobby, they have never seen this cutscene before? And you want them to skip it for some reason?

It's pretty goddamn presumptuous to think they owe you a skip cutscene click. Of course now that I know I can farm them I'm going to try to skip cutscenes and they probably never will skip and I might think differently but as someone just recently attempting to pay attention to the story calm down on the instant "gently caress this poo poo" triangle button.

Also I was hoping that the next guy to kill was level gated but apparently he's just not in the game yet so whatever.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Donovan Trip posted:

literally what a beta is for

True, however there's beta and then there is "beta", rdo being the latter. My comment should also be taken within the context of gtao, in the beginning poo poo took ages to be balanced and properly reacted to compared to now.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

The point of beta was to apply patches and updates without having to get them licensed and tested through Xbox Sony PC w/e.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If I remember right you used to get a lot of mileage out of car dupe glitches or other exploits because it would take Rockstar a week or so to get a patch out. I imagine this time around they want to be able to fix them before they get too known.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just finished Chapter 6 and started the epilogue. drat. My only complaints about the end of Chapter 6 are that your horse dies in a cutscene, which is bullshit, and that the game forces Arthur's gambler hat on you in an attempt at poignancy. I only wore hats made out of animals I hunted, dammit! Chapter 6 has probably the strongest writing in the game (so far). It really showcases how Rockstar's writing has improved since the first Red Dead. As well rounded and likeable as Marston is, the rest of the cast of characters in RDR1 tended to be cynical or over-the-top caricatures rather than believable people. There's almost none of that in RDR2, with the exception of maybe three minor characters. There are characters in RDR2 with a quiet dignity or decency to them that was mostly lacking from RDR1.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I will say im glad to have it confirmed that Bill Williamson was always an idiot

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ZeusCannon posted:

I will say im glad to have it confirmed that Bill Williamson was always an idiot

Bill's bank plan worked :colbert:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone gotten their gold yet?

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Ever since the economy patch my RDR2 crashes every time I try to load into online. Happening for anyone else? Base ps4.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

ZeusCannon posted:

Bill is absolutely correct that Arthur screws up almost as much as him but everyone immediately gives him a pass whereas they hang it over Bill's head forever

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Donovan Trip posted:

Anyone gotten their gold yet?

Yeah mine popped the second time I logged in yesterday. Stranger missions are worse than before now, not had a single one actually activate. Gang hideouts are a crapshoot on them activating or not as well.

At least story missions pay more.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Wolfsheim posted:

Bill is absolutely correct that Arthur screws up almost as much as him but everyone immediately gives him a pass whereas they hang it over Bill's head forever

if bill would gun down 100 policemen to escape a town, maybe people would cut him as much slack as arthur

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Seriously, how do you one punch man online. How do you kill someone instantly with your fists. Did I get criticaled? Do random critical hits exist?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Bag hat = best hat

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

marshmallow creep posted:

The economy in particular is one of the big concerns my friends have about the game before any of us consider getting into it, so I'm curious to hear what the changes ultimately are.

Right now the changes are still in favor of premium currency. They upped cash earnings but lowered xp. So it takes even longer to get to the level where you can buy-with-cash thus encouraging you even further to purchase gold bars to beat the wait.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

The varmint rifle is incredibly good because it has the highest accuracystat of all the beginner guns, and most guns I think. Only the bolt action is more accurate but it's also extremely slow and holds 5 bullets. Accuracy is the most important stat in pvp currently because it determines how quickly your aim cone gets smaller, which is important for instant headshots

okay so that explains why people have been using it and wrecking me so quickly

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Finally finished chapter 6. My daughter, husband and I played it together. We all teared up at the end. Godspeed, Mister Morgan.

What a good game. drat. My kid hasn't played RDR so she is hopeful that John and his family live a long fulfilling life :(

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Krinkle posted:

Seriously, how do you one punch man online. How do you kill someone instantly with your fists. Did I get criticaled? Do random critical hits exist?

someday you'll learn: you just can't fight city hall

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
I am really liking this game. I am on a mission in chapter 3 where I am challenged to a possible game of cribbage in the future. It is to good to be true if that was a minigame!

PS I love cribbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

mcbagpipes posted:

I am really liking this game. I am on a mission in chapter 3 where I am challenged to a possible game of cribbage in the future. It is to good to be true if that was a minigame!

PS I love cribbage

Crib is my favorite card game ever but don't get your hopes up, it's not actually in the game.