Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I also am now truly Vanilla (I may still have 1 shot Bulletproof, I'm not sure how to check that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

If it helps, one of those kills (Rhj) was probably me. I did have one other ability that for reasons, I haven't mentioned. I would also like to say at not point yesterday did I say I was Vanilla Town. I had one shot PGO (if you try to shoot Simon you better not miss because he will come at you hard). I used it last night.

However there is an interesting twist here because Nat20 visited me and he's not dead.

A couple of questions please:

1. Can you explain what does shooting Simon/etc mean?
2. Can you also explain why you targeted rhj when he was defending you hard and you were so suspicious of me and kb?
3. Can you explain why this is the 3rd time you have lied about how your role actually worked?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara posted:

2. Can you also explain why you targeted rhj when he was defending you hard and you were so suspicious of me and kb?
3. Can you explain why this is the 3rd time you have lied about how your role actually worked?

Ignore question 2 because KB just explained to me how PGO works.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

1. Flavor. When the bad guys come at Simon (main character of an anime called Gurren Lagann) he is able to beat them back. Pretty much everything I did was based off of stuff Simon does. Giga Drill Break is Simons ultimate finishing move. He gets injured and heals back (bullet proof).

2. I didn't target Rhj. Thats now how a Paranoid Gun Owner works. A PGO kills anyone that comes to investigate them regardless of alignment. It's possible that Hum bus drove me into Rhj, so thus Rhj died with little to no control over it.

3. This is a bad point. There is no point in laying cards out there fully. Obviously I'm not going to reveal everything, mafia is a game of incomplete information. You might as well get mad at Clord for not explaining how his death proof is removed.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also Rhj could've come to bit me and triggered it that way. With Hums post though I'm leaning towards being bus driven.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

3. This is a bad point. There is no point in laying cards out there fully. Obviously I'm not going to reveal everything, mafia is a game of incomplete information. You might as well get mad at Clord for not explaining how his death proof is removed.

lmao these aren’t even close to the same

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

If it helps, one of those kills (Rhj) was probably me. I did have one other ability that for reasons, I haven't mentioned. I would also like to say at not point yesterday did I say I was Vanilla Town. I had one shot PGO (if you try to shoot Simon you better not miss because he will come at you hard). I used it last night.

However there is an interesting twist here because Nat20 visited me and he's not dead.

Oh Sal. I'm fully embracing the you are town thing for today. So this question is coming from a really good place.

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you think that there was any chance scum were going to kill the person that was heavily talked about and voted for two days running? I'm hoping the answer to that is no. Who would be likely to visit that person? Town investigative roles, right?

So please explain your thought process here. This isn't me trying to catch you in anything. This is me trying to figure out what the heck.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I get that they aren't close to the same. But I have no obligation to reveal everything, just like you don't. I didn't say anything yesterday about being vanilla town. That was something that was inferred, but I neither confirmed nor denied it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh my gooooooooooooooooood

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

The two things are completely different and I hope you can see this. I'm not accusing you, and I'm putting everything else aside. However, look at that particular scenario and note that the two things are not the same. Clord specifically said "this is my role, and there is one information I'm not telling you because it makes me weak to scum". He completely said his truth and told us that there was another piece of information he was withholding.

You have been lying about your role.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

Noting the "However, since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing"

SalTheBard posted:

So I had an ability that I neglected to mention. I basically had a one shot vig that doesn't kill people of my same alignment (IE It wouldn't kill a town player). I tried to vig KB last night because i figured one way or the other I could tell his alignment. As KB is still alive I feel reasonably comfortable saying that I now believe he's town. My vig was juggernaut so I know I wasn't roleblocked.

SalTheBard posted:

Hider - Until bro dies Simon is a coward

1 shot juggernaut loud vig - can only be used once, will not work against same alignment

1 shot bulletproof - Simon can fight through grievous wounds and heal with spiral energy

I will answer b later

But most importantly:

SalTheBard posted:

I can use either bulletproof OR my Vig but not both and not on subsequent nights (tapping into that much spiral energy takes a lot out of me).

So tonight I can do nothing.

So tonight I can do nothing . This was a full on lie, hun. I'm not accusing, I'm happy to vote Yami because I trust my mansory with my pretend life and Yami killed MMT (missing you <3), but I want you to agree that what you did was scummy. Town or not, your lying about your role is scummy as gently caress.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Oh Sal. I'm fully embracing the you are town thing for today. So this question is coming from a really good place.

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you think that there was any chance scum were going to kill the person that was heavily talked about and voted for two days running? I'm hoping the answer to that is no. Who would be likely to visit that person? Town investigative roles, right?

So please explain your thought process here. This isn't me trying to catch you in anything. This is me trying to figure out what the heck.

I assumed that if anyone had investigated me they did it on N2. Also before it comes up, originally in my PM I had added a bit about "not using things on subsequent nights". That part was taken out and I just realized that last night. I didn't think anyone was going to come visit me last night.

But also take into account that I didn't need to share this information and I"m offering it up in good faith to help clear up why Rhj was killed.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
O cool Kit please see my most recent post because I figured this would come up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ask yourself: What do I get out of revealing this? I get nothing, however I offered it up to help clear up why Rhj died.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I get that they aren't close to the same. But I have no obligation to reveal everything, just like you don't. I didn't say anything yesterday about being vanilla town. That was something that was inferred, but I neither confirmed nor denied it.

Then please let me re-quote your from yesterday:

So tonight I can do nothing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

lying about your role is scummy as gently caress.

100% disagree. Keeping some cards close to your chest is always worthwhile.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Lying does not equal withholding information. Both bad, lying super bad. Ta.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

Then please let me re-quote your from yesterday:

So tonight I can do nothing

Kit I'm trying to be nice here. Did you read my post where I explained that? Again noting that I brought it up prior to reading your post since I knew it would come up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Also before it comes up, originally in my PM I had added a bit about "not using things on subsequent nights". That part was taken out and I just realized that last night. I didn't think anyone was going to come visit me last night.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

Lmao

SalTheBard posted:

Kit I'm trying to be nice here. Did you read my post where I explained that? Again noting that I brought it up prior to reading your post since I knew it would come up

Lmao

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I assumed that if anyone had investigated me they did it on N2. Also before it comes up, originally in my PM I had added a bit about "not using things on subsequent nights". That part was taken out and I just realized that last night. I didn't think anyone was going to come visit me last night.

But also take into account that I didn't need to share this information and I"m offering it up in good faith to help clear up why Rhj was killed.

Again, this is not me accusing you.

Take a step back and listen to me from a strategy perspective. Who did you think a PGO would kill last night? What actions were you worried about coming to your house?

I'm asking for what you were thinking so I can help mafia dad you. Because your strategy was wrong and I never want you to do this again. :)

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Hey Humalong, can you please tell us your role?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Again, this is not me accusing you.

Take a step back and listen to me from a strategy perspective. Who did you think a PGO would kill last night? What actions were you worried about coming to your house?

I'm asking for what you were thinking so I can help mafia dad you. Because your strategy was wrong and I never want you to do this again. :)

I thought there was a good chance I could trip up a vampire, other than that I honestly didn't think anyone would come knocking. And to be fair nobody did if what Humalong said is true.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I thought there was a good chance I could trip up a vampire, other than that I honestly didn't think anyone would come knocking. And to be fair nobody did if what Humalong said is true.

MMT was visiting you last night. She copped Yami on N2 and we were hoping for a repeat since her ability would work on you unlike gunsmith. Doesn't matter, since she got killed anyway, but if Yami hadn't killed her, she'd ALSO be dead now. We deliberately avoided targeting you directly on an earlier night because we thought it would be too obvious and that if scum still had bus drivers or the like they'd bus you. (if you were town, with scum, and vice versa)

PGO has to be used very carefully. Please take what I'm saying under advisement for future games. If you are under suspicion/being voted regularly at ANY point in the game, and the investigators don't know you are a PGO, don't use the PGO, unless you are scum. Like maybe you won't believe me until after the game when you know for sure I'm town? If so, let me know now and I'll requote all of this and have the conversation again then.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

MMT was visiting you last night. She copped Yami on N2 and we were hoping for a repeat since her ability would work on you unlike gunsmith. Doesn't matter, since she got killed anyway, but if Yami hadn't killed her, she'd ALSO be dead now. We deliberately avoided targeting you directly on an earlier night because we thought it would be too obvious and that if scum still had bus drivers or the like they'd bus you. (if you were town, with scum, and vice versa)

PGO has to be used very carefully. Please take what I'm saying under advisement for future games. If you are under suspicion/being voted regularly at ANY point in the game, and the investigators don't know you are a PGO, don't use the PGO, unless you are scum. Like maybe you won't believe me until after the game when you know for sure I'm town? If so, let me know now and I'll requote all of this and have the conversation again then.

This is my first time with a PGO, advice taken!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Kit - In the spirit of good faith, will you at least let me know that you saw what I posted about my role PM?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Kit - In the spirit of good faith, will you at least let me know that you saw what I posted about my role PM?

I didn't until after I had replied to your last post.

I wish Max and Nat20 were here to comment.

I'm very confident KB and pera are town based on our masonry. We've made ourselves be very active as a way to try catch scum, and I'd be amazed if either of them ends up scum (specially KB. We've talked for hours).

Chaos Lord was cleared based on my role.

Nat20 was cleared too, but it was an odd night investigation while bif was alive so eh...ymmv

Max has been acting so townie.

Yami lied, killed MMT, came up as scum on MMT's cop (on an even night while bif was alive). Most certainly scum.

Sal. Discussed hell and back.

Humalong. I can't read him at all. He says keeps going backwards and forwards on his post. I feel like we should all try to lynch him (as rhj suggested), but what if it counts as a no cuddle and we die? But what else could we try?

Humanlong: Do you have the ability to kill? Have you killed anyone? Can you kill yourself? Are you scum? Are you town? Can you please kill yourself?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Alright, well I'm going to bed. As I've said a few times I won't be around much this weekend, and probably won't be super active again until Monday evening.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

Can you please kill yourself?

Could you please not phrase things like that?

Thank you for acknowledging my post!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
(To clarify)

Thank you for acknowledging what I said about my PM, not about the phrasing.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Could you please not phrase things like that?

Thank you for acknowledging my post!

Fair enough. I was trying out a thing where maybe his power would work to specific town requests? :shrug: I'm a bit desperate here, but yes point taken.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kitiara posted:

Fair enough. I was trying out a thing where maybe his power would work to specific town requests? :shrug: I'm a bit desperate here, but yes point taken.

Thanks. I think there is a high chance that Humalong comes into the game when the last scum player is gone. I think one of the games I played in the Godfather was unlunchable until after the rest of the scum team had been cuddled, so could be something like that, but I'm just throwing out :tinfoil: at this point.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I did pera. Are you looking for specific piece of clothing?

HMMMmmmmm. . .

thinking about Nat, and thinking about stripping, and thinking about Huniepop

a simple yes/no on whether or not you received a pair of undergarments (specifically panties? but Nat's character ain't a lady. not that only ladies can wear panties, it's just, i mean who knows) I'm barely remembering someone saying maybe even nat claiming exactly what it is that nat is doing by giving us these clothes. . . but none of this matters for alignment. a simple y/n on whether you got panties will do for me, and then if you should suddenly die perhaps we'll have a thought as to why

SalTheBard posted:

I'll gladly change my vote to Yami, Yami is someone I've been suss on before.

##vote Yami

ah man sal even as town even pursuing yami this is a really weird way to join the train

but just so what I'm saying is clear:

1) unlike with solus - and that does remain an irritant anomaly without answer, this result is unambiguous: yami in the dorms w/ intent to kill mmt and mmt dead in morning.
2) we're nearing the endgame so I want to be crystal clear about this, too - barring some extremely bullshit bullshit, this result isn't the result of redirection or something like that. if yami had entered the dorms "with intent to kill" me, and then mmt had died, I would only know that I had survived and while it'd still look bad for yami, I wouldn't be able to be as sure as I am.
3) the way this played out for yami was the absolute perfect trap, the stars aligned and i get the best possible report i can get.

thinking about it even though i think it's a joke but i do love playing with hypotheticals, if hum were to have mind control'd yami with a kill order and it was ~mind control~, asiina may have had me see that intent instead. buuuut i doubt it? and if that were to have happened, I'd expect to have a report much more like what I had w/ solus

SalTheBard posted:

Things we know today that we didn't know yesterday:
1 Bif = Town
2 MMT = 3p (although I'm sure some knew she was a 3p, I sure as gently caress didn't)
3 Rhj - Town (I was pretty much sure that Rhj was town so not news to me)
4 Yami killed MMT (allegedly)
5 Hum may or maynot have busdriven me into Rhj

(2) MMT claimed 3p survivor explicitly, in the dorms and then (against my recommendation, as many things she does) in thread.
(5) walk me through this hypothetical in super simple language, I can't keep up [and i really wanna crack the hum mystery before we're shown the answer]

chaoslord posted:

Fair enough!

I am The Undertaker, and I, too, am deathproof and town. There is a way to remove my deathproof but for obvious reasons I’d rather not talk about that.

did you breadcrumb this? I think I remember you breadcrumbing being the undertaker and if so i am delighted

SalTheBard posted:

I missed this post, so yeah sorry. I would never have put together Survivor = 3p without it being spelled out.

HMMMMM I'd have believed this of Sal-of-a-year-ago or Death-Note-Sal but I think you'd probably know this by now. . . if seriously not, though, survivors are always self-aligned and the twist is that they can win with any faction that can win so long as they survive to the end. (there are benefits and drawbacks to this for those factions)

King Burgundy posted:

if Asiina actually counts it and calls it a no cuddle.

this would be an acceptable way - from a design perspective - of this going, depending on the specifics of the role an' all but

King Burgundy posted:

We can't attempt to all vote him out at this point, because that gives scum an easy win if the votes get shifted to someone else due to alias, or

I can't imagine ANYBODY running their game so that votefinder technicalities win out over player-vote-intentions unless that was explicit in the OP but especially not "players deserve to know the conditions under which they are playing, pera loving lying to her players and expecting they adapt is awful and i hate it now excuse me while i hurriedly sign up for all of her games" asiina

like i can see her loudly and publicly declaring intent to never play in any mod's game that took votefinder screwiness over actual player intented vote outcomes (especially when said screwiness is the result of player action)

i could be wrong, cyor is as batshit as she gets, but whoa.

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know why she'd be trying so hard to get scum cuddled and to convince me and MMT to vote bminus, etc.

the perfect scum game is indistinguishable from the perfect town game until it's over

you know this better than most. <3

--

as an aside, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with how many assumptions of normalcy are starting to pile up.

SalTheBard posted:

we don't have access to the masonry

(I don't have the ability to invite you, in case it should occur to you and you think it would matter. College registration deadline has obviously passed.)

SalTheBard posted:

If it helps, one of those kills (Rhj) was probably me. I did have one other ability that for reasons, I haven't mentioned.

BRO???????????????????????????

SalTheBard posted:

There is no point in laying cards out there fully. Obviously I'm not going to reveal everything, mafia is a game of incomplete information. You might as well get mad at Clord for not explaining how his death proof is removed.

whether by noose or nk - if you believe you are toast, it is always pro-town to fullclaim. esp in a game like this where the details of your role and the ability to communicate with you about them can give us more information

you are spot on with incomplete information being the name of the game and that assessing danger of sharing is one of the things you have to very carefully do (COUGH if only people would do that in my games the DORKS); as scum players have lots of incentive to manipulate the incomplete information with information that they do have in order to ... well, win -- as town you have significantly less

here's a pretty severe tiebreaker for me - did you claim that you'd given up everything about your role? 'cuz real talk, I haven't, and for good reason, and that's totally okay but note that I'm like... saying it like that

if i were to reveal tomorrow that i had a pgo charge, it wouldn't be as surprising coming from me as this is coming from you - feel me?

more - when folks are casing you and asking you stuff about what you've said or done and telling you why it looks suspicious of them, like... that's never a bad thing. if scum do it, then when they successfully get you axed, they've got an amount of blood on their hands. when town case you, you want to demonstrate your value to town rather than developing this sort of adversarial relationship with the most prolific investigative posters [(especially as someone who, like me, is kinda still learning how the hell casing even works)] like yes okay "babe its a game dont let it rustle you so" but also like... getting cased is a good thing. force the cases to be better cases. at least that's what I've resolved to try to do

not to mafia mama you or anything

Kitiara posted:

MMT (missing you <3)

motion to light up for departed friends :sax:

Kitiara posted:

hey hum, at least she's asking politely

Kitiara posted:

confirming this was a discussed and valid and interesting line of thought and not a causal or flippant reference to suicide

hey hum - what is a man?

SalTheBard posted:

Godfather was unlunchable until after the rest of the scum team had been cuddled

this... is a thing of beauty

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

HMMMMM I'd have believed this of Sal-of-a-year-ago or Death-Note-Sal but I think you'd probably know this by now. . . if seriously not, though, survivors are always self-aligned and the twist is that they can win with any faction that can win so long as they survive to the end. (there are benefits and drawbacks to this for those factions)

I've never been a Survivor, and honestly I was so loving pissed off for 4 straight days that even if I had seen it I wouldn't have made the connection.

quote:

whether by noose or nk - if you believe you are toast, it is always pro-town to fullclaim. esp in a game like this where the details of your role and the
here's a pretty severe tiebreaker for me - did you claim that you'd given up everything about your role? 'cuz real talk, I haven't, and for good reason, and that's totally okay but note that I'm like... saying it like that

I would have to double check, I'm tired right now (trying to go to sleep but can't fall asleep). I don't believe at any point I said I had given up everything. I think it just comes down to me not seeing lying about your role as scummy. For example lets just hypothetically say I said "Look my vig is juggernaut but doesn't work against people of the same alignment." It's easy to bus drive me into a townie so that my vig fails and then that gives me a false reading.

The PGO thing was stupid. I've never played as PGO so it was not something I really knew how to wield.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yep looked through my posts, at no point did I say I full claimed.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:ghost:

I was hoping to live forever but...

...no dice.

:ghost:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh Yo, Sal is telling the truth about his role.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Hey Humalong, can you please tell us your role?

Yeah su—

Kitiara posted:

WOW

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah su—

WOW

would you believe that between the two of them, kit is the 'good cop'

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Oh Yo, Sal is telling the truth about his role.

Can you please expand on this? Can you please full claim and give us an insight on the other investigations? Assuming that Yami is scum, we still have another one to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah su—

WOW

Can't blame me for trying, but let's put this aside for now. Can you please tell me what you have done since the game commenced? What are your thoughts on the remaining scum?

• Locked thread