Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

How long has the varmint rifle been $72 in online? Since launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

How long has the varmint rifle been $72 in online? Since launch?

Yep. Should be your second buy, after the horse brush.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know if when you’re crouching and hidden on the minimap, if you’re hidden from players on the regular map?

Edit: fuckin autocorrect

Ultimate Shrek Fan fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 8, 2018

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I just had a mission in online totally poo poo its pants. Kill Them, Each and Every One. We got to the fort, but didn't get the cut scene with the goofy helmets or whatever--everybody just started shooting. We ended up cleaning out the whole fort, and then... nothing. No follow through, no quest markers, no cut scenes, just me, one other guy, and an empty fort. I think our third bailed early. We ended up dragging Horley off his horse, hanging him from the balconies, and tossing him in the campfire toward the back of the camp. I eventually got bored and quit to free roam.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are they still sending out the free thank you money? I didn't get it yet but I definitely played before yesterday.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
How did Five Finger Fillet make it but Liar's Dice didn't. :cripes:

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Anyone know if when you’re crouching and hidden on the minimap, if you’re hidden from players on the regular map?

Edit: fuckin autocorrect

You are not, sadly. I think itd be a nice addition but probably too abusable.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

How did Five Finger Fillet make it but Liar's Dice didn't. :cripes:

For dominos!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Hurray getting the god drat server error any time I try to do missions

Some bullshit I have a free weekend for the first time in forever :blastu:

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Do payouts on on-call missions stop if you do a lot of them?

It happened to me; wondering if it was a glitch for me, a bug for all, or simply lovely policy.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

ICMB posted:

In GTA IV, if you crouched, your name would stop appearing over your head. You would still appear on the map or according to whatever map settings the host set.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Vox Nihili posted:

Yep. Should be your second buy, after the horse brush.

I just assumed the brush wasn't in the online part because people wouldn't want to rub dust off their horses or some poo poo. I'm assuming a general store has it?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I just assumed the brush wasn't in the online part because people wouldn't want to rub dust off their horses or some poo poo. I'm assuming a general store has it?

You guy buy drat near anything with the catalog.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I have to level up twelve more times to buy an awful dress that looks like complete rear end. This is depressing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Wolfsheim posted:

Bill is absolutely correct that Arthur screws up almost as much as him but everyone immediately gives him a pass whereas they hang it over Bill's head forever

Maybe cuz Bill starts poo poo with everyone in camp and Arthur doesn't.

Depends if you play rear end in a top hat Arthur. :v:

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Hurray getting the god drat server error any time I try to do missions

Some bullshit I have a free weekend for the first time in forever :blastu:

Same!
I realized that a large factor in me getting disconnected all the time is proximity to others pink dots. If I stick to myself in the woods I can stay on for a long time. Return to a town with a lot of activity, I'm out.
Spent hours yesterday on a server with fewer than ten players, no problems. I was roaming the entire map, selling perfect pelts and carcasses (carci? Carkeys?) left and right, from Strawberry to St Denis. Started to think the server problems had been sorted out.
At some point it ticked over, populated the server with a full list and I started getting disconnected again.

They've alluded to a possible fix coming next week, but that won't matter this weekend.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ICMB posted:

That sucks, there’s some real choice ambush spots on well travelled roads.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HORMELCHILI posted:

For dominos!

A game people played before better games were invented! I can’t get past the win without drawing tiles gambler challenge because I would die of boredom.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I have to level up twelve more times to buy an awful dress that looks like complete rear end. This is depressing.

Yeah I appreciate the gold R* dumped on me but all the clothes I want are still locked behind levels. My crazy lady who lives in the mountains look is going to take a while :(

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I can't play dominoes at all. I read the rules and think that I understand it and it seems pretty simple, then I start actually playing and nothing at all matches up with my understanding of it how it's supposed to work. It's like a board game version of Calvinball and it feels like the rules for what pieces can connect to what change every turn.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo, I have 17.6 gold and $800 this morning. It was more like 1.5 and $202 last night.

What should I buy? Got my brush and varmint rifle. I like how fast it shoots so maybe I should get another weapon with a high fire rate? I also would like to be able to blow off people's heads with an arm cannon. One of the rifles maybe?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

KoRMaK posted:

Holy poo poo, I have 17.6 gold and $800 this morning. It was more like 1.5 and $202 last night.

What should I buy? Got my brush and varmint rifle. I like how fast it shoots so maybe I should get another weapon with a high fire rate? I also would like to be able to blow off people's heads with an arm cannon. One of the rifles maybe?

A bolt action is extremely reliable. Pump shotgun is a good choice.

Always a good and cheap upgrade to go from a cattleman to a Schofield as well.

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

KoRMaK posted:

Lichfield for life.

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010

talktapes posted:

Crib is my favorite card game ever but don't get your hopes up, it's not actually in the game.

drat you R*

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Where do you send complaints to Rockstar? Having made a character with the "Brawny" build I've had so much clipping going on with the clothing in this game and it's only gotten worse when I made my character overweight. The sleeves of my shirt would be visible through my coat sleeves. My gun belt is inside my stomach and the gun in my off-hand holster is inside me too, it's also impossible to make out my belt buckle. One of the guns I put on my back also clips through my character. Many coats also clip through my stomach, so my shirt and suspenders are clipping through the coats.
This is the height of discrimination! Did they foolishly think no one would play a character that is really fat? If they are too incompetent to make the clothes fit right there should be some way to make a new character without losing all my stuff.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Epilogue question: Do you ever get Arthur's satchel back with all its contents? I'd inadvertently fulfilled some of the final hunting requests and I'll be damned if I'm hunting for songbirds again.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Got my money and gold, immediately spent it on clothing and pimping out my Schofield. Money well spent.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Epilogue question: Do you ever get Arthur's satchel back with all its contents? I'd inadvertently fulfilled some of the final hunting requests and I'll be damned if I'm hunting for songbirds again.

Yes, at the end of epilogue 1. Although some people have said it bugged out for them, so make a save before getting to that point in case something goes wrong and you need to reload.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I can't play dominoes at all. I read the rules and think that I understand it and it seems pretty simple, then I start actually playing and nothing at all matches up with my understanding of it how it's supposed to work. It's like a board game version of Calvinball and it feels like the rules for what pieces can connect to what change every turn.

http://www.dominorules.com/introduction

The most confusing thing is "the spinner": the very first tile laid down that's a double behaves like a normal tile at first. When it has tiles coming off both sides of it, it's "closed" and becomes a spinner: now the other ends of it are "open" and can be played on. This is true for *only* the first double.

ex: You put down a double 6 to start. I play a 6:3 on the side of it. You play a 6:2 on the other side of it. Now the *ends* of that double are open and we can play two more 6:* tiles off of it.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 8, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I will say riding along with Bill and Micah taught me something. Im not fond of bill. But ill be sad when he dies. Because he dunked on Micah.

Also gently caress that white hat wearing douuuche

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
turns out getting away with a string of several robberies at a crossroads by throwing the bodies over a bridge before the next passerby sees it is extremely profitable

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I usually vote to skip cutscenes but I don’t mind when we don’t because I can text/smoke weed/pee/get a snack.

If it I want to one of those things I don’t vote to skip. Smoke more weed and chill goons

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is there a goon group on xbone?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh poo poo, just noticed you unlock the special crafted saddles you make in single player in online!

Similar to single player, they're fixed so you can't upgrade the stirrups, but some of them are really good by default and cost $0 if you've crafted them in single player!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you didn't turn in the songbirds already they won't be there. Anything perishable (small animals, skins, meat, provisions, etc) will be gone and all that's saved are the guns, ammo and valuables

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo, just noticed you unlock the special crafted saddles you make in single player in online!

Similar to single player, they're fixed so you can't upgrade the stirrups, but some of them are really good by default and cost $0 if you've crafted them in single player!

Is this every saddle from the single player? I found an alligator one at the stable, but assumed this was some bonus thing along with the arabian horse and the gun.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Just dropping in to say (1) I am drinking this which looks like I found it in a saddlebag

and (2) St. Denis is really the best video game version of a city I've ever seen. They did such a good job of recreating New Orleans it's amazing. The architecture of the city, the houses around it, and the big rear end mansions in the garden district are astonishingly well done.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you didn't turn in the songbirds already they won't be there. Anything perishable (small animals, skins, meat, provisions, etc) will be gone and all that's saved are the guns, ammo and valuables

Yeah, just found out about this. C'est la vie. Pretty impressive how much of RDR1's map you can visit though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol i had to shoot one of those tall hats off a corpse before i could pick it up and the bullet hole is on the front side at the top center so it should be the first thing ppl see when i talk to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gold quests are story quests and I cam just ride around ignoring them and do stranger quest and hunting right? Or is it best to do all chapter 2 stuff first before loving off?