Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
1.3 new start report: After several hours the conflicts have completely dried up again just like in the previous versions. It looks like there immediatly is a shortage for production facilities and all hostiles that start in sectors get wiped out very quickly (within one hour) The performance is much better now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

1.3 new start report: After several hours the conflicts have completely dried up again just like in the previous versions. It looks like there immediatly is a shortage for production facilities and all hostiles that start in sectors get wiped out very quickly (within one hour) The performance is much better now though.

Sounds like the model starts at zero, then attempts to self-level. It’ll get tweaked a bit more, i’m sure.

Getting the hang of issuing orders via the map and the properties list. Select the property, right click the thing you want it interact with. Looks like it might be viable to train up trade pilots with smaller ships; X3 tactic for training up sector traders.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Slickdrac posted:

Before I go about dicking with it, anyone toyed with putting smaller ships with their mothership sized partners?. L sized mining and transport ships can dock smaller ships, so could I say, assign 40 S sized ore miners to an L sized ore miner and them all move as a group?

I have no idea about this specific scenario, but I do know that ships moving as a group is pretty broken right now. Even if you assign a wing a formation and then give a move order, everyone just heads their at their own top speed, leaving slower ships sectors behind. I'm not sure if mixing Ls and Ss will give different results, but it would be interesting.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I decided to start my game off by buying gas miners. Turns out this was a mistake, they keep mining helium only and giving it away for free! (there is only 1 known helium station to me so far and it has zero demand).

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Found a new bug: I accepted a mission to scan a ship. This turned out to be a xenon ship which was destroyed soon after. This also completely disabled my ability to save the game! I couldnt abandon/cancel the mission at all and now the save button is greyed out completely.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Found a new bug: I accepted a mission to scan a ship. This turned out to be a xenon ship which was destroyed soon after. This also completely disabled my ability to save the game! I couldnt abandon/cancel the mission at all and now the save button is greyed out completely.

Had a similar problem. Go to the full screen briefing for that mission, then collapse it with <. You can also wait for an Autosave, it’ll clear it. While it clears the inability to save, I’m unable to dismiss the mission.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nope, that was over 2 hours ago and even the autosave stopped working. I just closed the game. Some of these bugs are pretty bad still. Lesson learned: dont accept any scan ship missions.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
On the performance front this is one of those bizarre games were fps didnt change but it did get smoother turning the lod settings all the way up. I have a 980 and an amd cpu so nothing fancy so this is kinda surprising. In stations it doesnt have much effect theres still lots of weird hitches but out in space its smoother.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Started a new campaign last night for 1.3

-Xenos attacked me in the starting system and they hurt...a lot.
-I discovered early on that magnetic mines are a thing and it was a painful lesson
-Xeno and Kha'aak (however you spell that) are openly fighting each other in a couple systems I traveled through
-Massive xeno attacks on a station (two capitals and a support fleet) fighting an argon fleet
-Pirate attacked me while I was flying between stations so I shot them a bunch, they bailed out and I stole their ship.

This all happened to me in 2 hours. It's like a completely different game now.

Haven't noticed an impact in performance

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Finally found a shipyard and bought a second ship. Got the magpie because I'll likely be doing mining.

Ship is FAT.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

REDjackeT posted:

I just had an issue where the miners had full cargo but were just sitting there. I removed them from the station, manually transferred cargo, then reassigned them and it was fine then.

Apparently this didn't actually fix them. They still like to sit around like idiots for no reason. I'm on the 1.31 beta. They worked for one cycle and now nothing.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

a mysterious cloak posted:

Finally found a shipyard and bought a second ship. Got the magpie because I'll likely be doing mining.

Ship is FAT.

That is insensitive. The correct word is "thicc"

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I can only get miners to work by making it their default behavior and a single resource.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

xanif posted:

Started a new campaign last night for 1.3

-Xenos attacked me in the starting system and they hurt...a lot.
-I discovered early on that magnetic mines are a thing and it was a painful lesson
-Xeno and Kha'aak (however you spell that) are openly fighting each other in a couple systems I traveled through
-Massive xeno attacks on a station (two capitals and a support fleet) fighting an argon fleet
-Pirate attacked me while I was flying between stations so I shot them a bunch, they bailed out and I stole their ship.

This all happened to me in 2 hours. It's like a completely different game now.

Haven't noticed an impact in performance

Welcome to the Khaak pit

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

FrickenMoron posted:

When this happened to me in 1.0, setting the mission inactive let me save again, but could never get rid of the mission completely. As I recall, if I tried to abort it again, saving would be disabled until I once again activated and deactivated it.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 8, 2018

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Turned off auto-save because of instabillity, played for two hours, entered a section with green glowing stones, exploded. Time for a break.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

REDjackeT posted:

Does the station have a manager? You need a manager assigned to the station or nothing will work. That was my first road block, as the manager I assigned kept not wanting to get off the ship when I undocked until I tried it a few times. There will be a mission under "upkeep" if there's no manager assigned.
Yup this was the problem. I can't believe I missed that step. Thanks again it just kills me I wasted so much time when I've put together a few stations before and this is the only one I did that with.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

FrickenMoron posted:

Do security slicers etc. actually do anything or can I sell those?

AFAIK you can't even sell the slicers. My black market buddy won't buy them.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
10 hours into a newly started game from the 1.3 patch it's the same as my previous one. All hostilities have ceased, the only fights i see are some small khaak squads spawning in. Everyone's dug in with little ship production going on. Basically all wharfs have missing parts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

FrickenMoron posted:

10 hours into a newly started game from the 1.3 patch it's the same as my previous one. All hostilities have ceased, the only fights i see are some small khaak squads spawning in. Everyone's dug in with little ship production going on. Basically all wharfs have missing parts.

Sounds like market niche to fill.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

pixaal posted:

Sounds like market niche to fill.

The issue is that the same problem appears to hit the xenon and khaak as well.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I just had a ship try to land on me while I was landing. It was interesting.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've already set 3 autotraders to only buy and sell hull and engine parts to help out a bit at least.

Edit: also no ship can beat the Perseus vanguard, over 500 speed normally and 8.6k travel speed tops makes it by far the best exploration ship.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

FrickenMoron posted:

All hostilities have ceased...little ship production going on...all wharfs have missing parts.

The game is working perfectly fine for player economy, wars will continue as soon as supplies are delivered. The Xenon and Khaak are screwed* though. HOP will have fights with ANT and PAR pretty regularly if you keep them supplied. Xenon will rarely launch attacks every once in a long while. Teladi and Argon don't really have much threat or anyone to fight, but with their location, they keep the pirates at bay easily. The more I work out strategy and faction layout and future play styles with the map, the more I see that they really screwed the pooch on it. Argon are at war with...no one next to them except that Xenon pocket. Teladi are in the same situation. ANT and PAR are okay bordering one enemy. HOP are at war with everyone, which is puzzling to me so far, the HOP seem like nice Paranids, and PAR are your normal scorched earth type ones, should be the other way around I would think. But HOP are surrounded by threats, are tied with ANT for least space, and none of their sectors are resource rich. Right now with no ability to produce your own ships, most fun domination playstyle seems to be to partner with them, since they already are willing and able to join in on invasions of neighbors (though you'll need to cede the sectors to them so they stay bordering.

*Xenon still work, just far slower because they have 1/2 sectors in each pocket of theirs, they need more stations or to just cheat. Khaak are just broken, they have no means to produce more ships or gather resources.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah I've decided to visit the xenon in faulty logic, I saw a K and a couple of fighters guarding the jump gate but as soon as i went through a huge HOP fleet also went in and obliterated the K. in X3 when you entered a xenon sector you knew you were in trouble cause you had dozens of fighter craft homing in for you as well as some capships.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slickdrac posted:

The game is working perfectly fine for player economy, wars will continue as soon as supplies are delivered. The Xenon and Khaak are screwed* though. HOP will have fights with ANT and PAR pretty regularly if you keep them supplied. Xenon will rarely launch attacks every once in a long while. Teladi and Argon don't really have much threat or anyone to fight, but with their location, they keep the pirates at bay easily. The more I work out strategy and faction layout and future play styles with the map, the more I see that they really screwed the pooch on it. Argon are at war with...no one next to them except that Xenon pocket. Teladi are in the same situation. ANT and PAR are okay bordering one enemy. HOP are at war with everyone, which is puzzling to me so far, the HOP seem like nice Paranids, and PAR are your normal scorched earth type ones, should be the other way around I would think. But HOP are surrounded by threats, are tied with ANT for least space, and none of their sectors are resource rich. Right now with no ability to produce your own ships, most fun domination playstyle seems to be to partner with them, since they already are willing and able to join in on invasions of neighbors (though you'll need to cede the sectors to them so they stay bordering.

*Xenon still work, just far slower because they have 1/2 sectors in each pocket of theirs, they need more stations or to just cheat. Khaak are just broken, they have no means to produce more ships or gather resources.

I think I'd read on the official forums from some people digging into the scripts that Kha'ak don't actually need resources or shipyards - they just cheat and spawn them in. They probably do it at a fixed rate though, so it's easy for the main factions to outpace them.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently I don't meet the system requirements but I didn't for Elite Dangerous either and I can run it at 50+ fps constantly at high (no idea how that works). Is X4 relatively the same or are the min reqs really mandatory?

Jeez my PC is old.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

So, lore-wise, what's the deal with the Space Pope and the God-Realm of the Paranid? Is it some kind of civil war? And, if so, why? What's the general flavour for each?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I'm guessing that they were two different states that formed from being locked away from each other for 50ish years when the gates shutdown.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Radio Free Kobold posted:

So, lore-wise, what's the deal with the Space Pope and the God-Realm of the Paranid? Is it some kind of civil war? And, if so, why? What's the general flavour for each?

Gorelab posted:

I'm guessing that they were two different states that formed from being locked away from each other for 50ish years when the gates shutdown.

Yeah they explain it to you when you accept the mission that joins their war effort. Basically when they were all cut off the splinter Paranid realms hatched their own Popes. PAR wiped out all the others (or they voluntarily submitted) after the gates reconnected and HOP is the last one left.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I just noticed one of the ship icons is an arrow through a knee.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

DogonCrook posted:

I just noticed one of the ship icons is an arrow through a knee.

pics please

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
SETA can be used in a space suit! A few missions require the suit, and SETA makes those bearable enough to take. There's a mission to hang around at a station and destroy criminals, but the spawn rate is so low it's intolerable even with SETA

My targeting controls don't seem to work while in the suit?

FrickenMoron posted:

Glad to see the black market access missions are still completely broken. I tried to do one with spacefly eggs, got em later and came back to the station and now the bar is gone.

I only discovered this after I'd found a hundred spacefly eggs for all the caviar they wanted - argh

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I have no idea about this specific scenario, but I do know that ships moving as a group is pretty broken right now. Even if you assign a wing a formation and then give a move order, everyone just heads their at their own top speed, leaving slower ships sectors behind. I'm not sure if mixing Ls and Ss will give different results, but it would be interesting.

I had five little ships set to be my wingmen, but they couldn't keep up with me traveling even though they're in scout ships. I assigned them to protect my UT instead, but they keep giving themselves orders to fly to the next station the UT is due to visit, and they individually radio me to tell me when they've completed those orders, even though they have a default order. It's maddening, I'll have to take them off

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Lunethex posted:

pics please

Its one of the ones you can use for your own ship its near the bottom.next to the smiley. Id take a screenshot but im stumped how to do that bc i disabled steam and it doesnt seem to be bound to anything.

I did run accross a chat window keybind, that sure is interesting.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011
I've seen some people saying that they found things that suggest there might be some multiplayer components either disabled or in the works.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Deuterious posted:

I've seen some people saying that they found things that suggest there might be some multiplayer components either disabled or in the works.

I think that's what expeditions are meant to be.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Ventures. Which they billed as missions into other players games. When I was dorking with the save files, I saw placeholders for up to 100 player entities in a save.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I love X games and Egosoft for even attempting them. But I cannot imagine a multiplayer X game ever working even remotely close to functional.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lunethex posted:

pics please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
soo i had a couple of questions for people to chew on before i go to sleep:

1) Can you salvage shipwrecks at all besides the loot they drop when you initally kill them? Or are they just for chrome?

2)Is there a way to get a mining ship to automatically go and sell their stuff when they're full up? Without any stations of my own yet, mind you.