Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I hath been summoned to duty, in pursuit of an excellent and comfy throw blanket at dope cost, upon request from thy fellow laborer in Secret Santa exchange, and knew at once the Sherpa Ultimate Throw was thou fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testifeye
Sep 24, 2004

maroon moon

Chrs Gry posted:

Are the sofa pillows at Costco any good? Looking to buy new ones

Yes I'm super happy with them and of course the price can't be beat. Soft enough to take a nap, and enough heft for good back support. A++ would buy again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

testifeye posted:

Yes I'm super happy with them and of course the price can't be beat. Soft enough to take a nap, and enough heft for good back support. A++ would buy again.

Excellent! I’m gonna get a pair

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There was only one vacpac with a single salmon fillet in it but it didn't have a price tag on it so I made them put a price tag on it then I bought a single salmon fillet haha take that motherfuckers I got away with half the fish you were trying to get me to buy and I was smug about it and at checkout it was super busy but they opened a new Lane and I sniped it what's it feel like to get hosed by a real man ahaha

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Costco? More like Costho

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The best containers ever at Costco were the metal ones with a plastic lid that keep your drink cold for hours, they just say 'reduce' on the outside. I could make an ice water in the middle of the summer, and if I forgot about my cup it would still have ice in it the next day.
Plus plastic containers make water taste weird over time, metal ones never do that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

The best take and bake is the Mac & Cheese.

Its 2 Billion calories and its amazing.

its.. fine? mac & cheese is really just so easy to make it at A+++ tier tho, and they sell Tillimook cheddar, the white cheddar 2013 reserve in particular is loving addicting and i can just a block of it by itself. make sure to get it if its at your store. and also make mac and cheese with it with some heavy garlic :discourse:

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I am a Costco virgin, what is PBUC?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

ballistics statistics posted:

a hot dog and some odd power fantasies involving small budgets

edit not edit: also a drink

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

sandball posted:

a hot dog and some odd power fantasies involving small budgets

edit not edit: also a drink

I think I'm missing something.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Serious(heh) answer: It is our acronym of praise for Costco.

Praise Be Unto Costco.

Usually uttered when you leave the joint with a cart full of goods at a deep discount and a scary cheap hotdog. (Has anyone eaten more than one in a sitting?)

Always ask for the kraut, they have it behind the counter.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

pnumoman posted:

(Has anyone eaten more than one in a sitting?)

Problem is that it's hard to get that free refill when you have 2 cups. Or so I've heard.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tnega posted:

Problem is that it's hard to get that free refill when you have 2 cups. Or so I've heard.

There have been a couple of times when my wife couldn’t finish her dog, so I’ve had to eat one and a half. It’s a lot of dog.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I’m a veg so I can only speak to their pizza but it’s always real loving good.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

why are all the paper towel rolls individually wrapped :saddowns:

so much plastic

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Development posted:

so much plastic

I love that they are individually wrapped. I can pull them all out and arrange them however I need to in order to fit them into the closet instead of needing a big free rectangular area.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

GI_Clutch posted:

I love that they are individually wrapped. I can pull them all out and arrange them however I need to in order to fit them into the closet instead of needing a big free rectangular area.

Or you could just arrange *gasp* unwrapped single rolls. Paper towels don't go bad. It's super wasteful.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I took two of the large contigo insulated bottles to Singapore earlier this year.

Would get the hotel bar to fill them with ice and water in the morning, and they’d be barely drinkable in the evening as it was still that cold.

Which was great. Sensitive teeth be damned. I’d take dry ice intravenously if it would cool me down there.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Development posted:

so much plastic

I noticed that the other day myself, very wasteful and inconvenient to unwrap them as well.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Or you could just arrange *gasp* unwrapped single rolls. Paper towels don't go bad. It's super wasteful.

If you're already buying a Costco sized pack of paper towels waste is probably not a big concern of yours

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

That picture of a hotdog inside a chicken bake.

Pbuc

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Costco should have some competitions in there sometimes

LIke "Who can throw the basketball the furthest inside the Costco"

Or one where they get some contestants and they weigh them before they get let loose in the bakery section and then after and the assembled horde can back their men and the contingency that comes out with the biggest swing each get a free muffin

Most Costco hotdogs eaten by people who don't have their upper front incisors (not just children but they can do it too)

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I dont disagree, but it's less plastic covering all of those paper towels than one single heat sealed clamshell/blister pack at the dollar store.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I highly recommend getting like two dozen bleachable cotton kitchen towels. I haven't bought paper towels in years. It's saved me a lot of money. Can used paper towels even be recycled?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fart store posted:

I highly recommend getting like two dozen bleachable cotton kitchen towels. I haven't bought paper towels in years. It's saved me a lot of money. Can used paper towels even be recycled?

Washing stuff sucks!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

fart store posted:

No paper towels can't be recycled but they can be composted as long as they don't have harsh cleaning chemicals on them

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

fart store posted:

I’m going to switch to reusable towels after we finish our stash of paper towels. Do you have a brand or style of towel that you like best.... and did you buy it at church?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

raton posted:

It's time to rotate out ravioli lasagna for something new
If they could rotate the chicken quesadillas and/or the stromboli back in, that'd be great.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

durrneez posted:

I’m going to switch to reusable towels after we finish our stash of paper towels. Do you have a brand or style of towel that you like best.... and did you buy it at church?

You want a mix of bar towels and (lintless) tea / "flour sack" towels

Traditionally the towels that belong to the kitchen (in a restaurant) have a blue stripe down the middle. The plain white ones are for the bar or elsewhere where the customers might see them, although many places don't differentiate this way.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-16-x-19-blue-striped-32-oz-100-cotton-bar-towel-pack/167701BRTBLS.html

https://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Craft-Flour-Kitchen-Napkins/dp/B00S5Y5184/

raton fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 10, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I got 3 chicken Cesar salads from the foodcourt for my work lunches this week. Glad they got their romaine lettuce back. :)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

I got 3 chicken Cesar salads from the foodcourt for my work lunches this week. Glad they got their romaine lettuce back. :)

U eatin half a costco salad a day god drat

It's hard to get fat eatin lettuce but god bless u for tryin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

raton posted:

U eatin half a costco salad a day god drat

It's hard to get fat eatin lettuce but god bless u for tryin

i only use half the dressing and i burn around 2500-2800 calories a day with my gym routine so its perfectly healthy for a lunch

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

i only use half the dressing and i burn around 2500-2800 calories a day with my gym routine so its perfectly healthy for a lunch

How big your shits

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_0-PvaxzvE

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

raton posted:

How big your shits

BEEFY. My current diet is:

- Coffee and protein shake for breakfast. Maybe an apple.
- ~500-800 calories for lunch. No carbs.
- ~1000 calories for dinner. Usually beef or chicken of some type and veggies, non fat cottage cheese. No carbs.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I eat bread because it makes me a cock.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My current diet is mostly leftover pizza.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sorry I forgot to add that I eat 1 carne asada burrito and one Costco hot dog + soda (with refill) on the weekends. Gotta stay true.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

ShortyMr.Cat posted:

BEEFY. My current diet is:

- Big rear end cup of Coffee. 1 Boiled Egg
- ~???? calories for lunch. All carbs.
- ~A bowl full of garbage calories for dinner. Usually beef and chicken of some type of Hot Cheetos , cheese. No fiber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

durrneez posted:

These are the ones I have
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JCG1V42
e: and I like 'em just fine.

I didn't get them at costco. I just go to costo with friends who have memberships. I've got a buddy who'll split a beef primal with me and I break it down and vac pac the steaks in exchange for the opportunity to get cheap meat.