Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

FrickenMoron posted:

Theres a cheevo for joining the scale plate pact... i guess that's impossible then?

There's an SCA Pirate Base in one of the Hewa's Twins (IV I think?); once you land, someone comms you asking if you're interested in joining and you can pay 50k to get in. They give you guild missions like any other guild except as mentioned previously, completing them doesn't raise or lower your rank at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh my god faulty logic is full of crystals. literally every second asteroid in the middle of the sector has crystals on it, im just ignoring the purple ones since theyre a waste of time.

Good thing those xenons are harmless i guess.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
There's an exploration buffing mod out now. The "Buff" is basically just telling the autoexplore to quit dicking around and get on with it
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/84

The war news just pops up in the bottom left occasionally, but doesn't go into the log for whatever reason :iiam:

I cross posted the weapon stuff over to Reddit and it's been sitting at the top getting some good feedback, so I'll build it out further tonight I guess, at least for M size weapons. I have no idea how I'm going to stably test the L turrets

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

There's a mod up on Nexus that makes Advanced Satellites automatically discover all stations in a sector. I think it's the same mod that makes satellites cover all stations in a sector. I really liked it because seriously why do I need dozens of these things?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Where are you guys finding mods and other paint schemes?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Mods you craft yourself after researching them at the PHQ, I haven't found any pain schemes yet.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Look at all of this wasted money! It turns out that some of the crystal fragments that spawn inside the asteroid are launched outside violently and travel upwards to hundreds of kilometers before stopping.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Last night I figured out how to get autominers and autotraders going on.
I woke up this morning with twelve million credits. Is this what capitalism feels like?

Captain Val Setton interviewed at the opening of his new Spacefuel Factory

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Huh, I ignored the PHQ after I warped it in to focus on my trade empire, I'll have to go back to that quest line while I generate revenue to fund the closed loop microchip factory I'm planning.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

NeurosisHead posted:

Huh, I ignored the PHQ after I warped it in to focus on my trade empire, I'll have to go back to that quest line while I generate revenue to fund the closed loop microchip factory I'm planning.

Yes definitely do the PHQ missions, the teleportation research alone is worth it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I just had my first crash to desktop after exploring the xenon sectors near HOP. Wanted to teleport out and it crashed. There wasnt anything of value there anyways and i had saved after my mining operation. It's really loving amazing how empty/devoid of anything the xenon sectors are.

Edit: Except Faulty Logic 7 is the home to around 5 million tracker mines, which are completely harmless if you fly through them with travel speed!

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think I'd read on the official forums from some people digging into the scripts that Kha'ak don't actually need resources or shipyards - they just cheat and spawn them in. They probably do it at a fixed rate though, so it's easy for the main factions to outpace them.

Hopefully someone makes a mod to increase spawn rate because I can't mod for poo poo.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I think this game officially hates me now. The only NPCs on stations are the ones floating in mid-air where they'd be if they were piloting a ship, and I've yet to find a single vendor/trader/hireable NPC going on 12 stations now.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
another issue: I seem to have turned off the Automatically Aim To Track Target function for my guns and they only shoot straight ahead now. How do i fix that?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Are Teladi stations buggy? I wanted to start a new game in 1.3 and picked the trading start with the station and two ships, but when I try to start the PHQ quest, or go to the nearby trading station for any reason, if I go to the trade hub part my movement controls completely freeze up as soon as the teleporter door opens. The game continues to run, NPCs can run past me and I can talk to them (and change direction briefly) but as soon as I say goodbye, I lock up. Shift-D returns me to my ship and everything seems fine from that point on, but it's going to be annoying if I have to avoid a bunch of stations for fear of getting a quest in one that I can't complete.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

drgnvale posted:

Are Teladi stations buggy? I wanted to start a new game in 1.3 and picked the trading start with the station and two ships, but when I try to start the PHQ quest, or go to the nearby trading station for any reason, if I go to the trade hub part my movement controls completely freeze up as soon as the teleporter door opens. The game continues to run, NPCs can run past me and I can talk to them (and change direction briefly) but as soon as I say goodbye, I lock up. Shift-D returns me to my ship and everything seems fine from that point on, but it's going to be annoying if I have to avoid a bunch of stations for fear of getting a quest in one that I can't complete.

Just the movement controls coming out of the transporter for me. I think hitting escape a couple of times works. Or just hitting the ‘enter’ menu.

Not so much a hang as the movement bindings just don’t work.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just hit an odd issue, pressing M for the map had an image of the last NPC I talked to sitting in a chair. It was in the way of the map, I also could not save, and was only getting 8-12FPS. I remembered something about save compression and turned it off. I was able to save and the NPC sitting down is no longer on my map after the save completed no need to reload. This also brought me back to my normal frame rate.

I'm not sure why this fixed it I was hoping to save and see if a load fixed it, I'm baffled it corrected in game.

Saves aren't too much faster but load time was cut in half by turning off compression. The file size went from 20MB to 200MB, so make sure you have the space. I can't imagine compressing to .gz would result in corrupted data though.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 9, 2018

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've just got a new PC and was looking at this game.
From reading the last couple of pages, it looks like it's in "wait for a couple more patches" state. Is that right?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

I'm under min specs on CPU, I'm still using a i5-2500k (2011), at base clock the game was completely unplayable. Overclocked to 4.8Ghz I get 70FPS in space and 15FPS in sration. You do need a videocard capable of running vulkan since the game uses that instead of OpenGL or DirectX so you will need a newer videocard.

e: I said space twice

Good to know about the CPU, figured the GPU would be my shortcoming but I think R7 280x supports vulkan. I'll give it a shot and hope for the best - else I was due for an upgrade anyway.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Hav posted:

Just the movement controls coming out of the transporter for me. I think hitting escape a couple of times works. Or just hitting the ‘enter’ menu.

Not so much a hang as the movement bindings just don’t work.

This happens while manually docking sometimes too, especially if strafing about a lot. You can spam escape to eventually get back control, or better yet just buy a docking computer and be done with it.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Nick Esasky posted:

another issue: I seem to have turned off the Automatically Aim To Track Target function for my guns and they only shoot straight ahead now. How do i fix that?

There’s an aim assist option somewhere in the settings.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Nick Esasky posted:

That happens to me every once in a while, opening the menu with enter and closing it with delete clears it up for me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

loved the hell out of x3. how will this game perform on my older machine running an i5-4690k, 970 gtx and 8 gigs of ram?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Nice.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Anyone know where a spacefuel station would be found? I'm trying to steal some drat blueprints

e: nevermind found one in Hatikvah's Choice

hitze fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 9, 2018

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I can't download the unpacking tool from the egosoft site.

https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebirth/bonus_en.php?download=589

Keep getting access denied even though I'm logged in. Can anyone else get to it?

Edit: I'm dumb. Had to link my steam account.

xanif fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 9, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

loved the hell out of x3. how will this game perform on my older machine running an i5-4690k, 970 gtx and 8 gigs of ram?

I think you should be okay as long as you can get your CPU to 4.4Ghz+ My 2500k at 4Ghz was playable in space but stations were 5FPS getting it to 4.8Ghz made space smooth as hell and stations as reasonable enough FPS that it's not a flipbook. You have 2 gens on my processor so you should be good at a slightly lower clock. Video card is basically does it support Vulkan?

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

I killed a Xenon M and got 50M credits worth of Foundation X 5 minutes into a new 1.31 beta save. I should get another 30-40M more off of a Xenon / Argon fight I'm sitting on the sidelines for. GOTY

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Apparently the script for building new ships is broken for all factions which is why nothing seems to ever happen?!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

FrickenMoron posted:

Apparently the script for building new ships is broken for all factions which is why nothing seems to ever happen?!

I read on Reddit someone looked into the code and the defending fleet stuff works but the AI is meant to have an attacking fleet as well but currently, it doesn't rebuild it after it gets destroyed so everything just stops.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I decided to hop into faulty logic on my new save, do some crystal mining in my disco because evidently the paranid do not have enough resources to build my goddamn corvette and :stare:

3 Is, couple Ks, and a bunch of other extremely large Xenon ships just chilling doing guard duty. Nnnnnnope.

Good thing Argon Prime is drowning in them, too.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 10, 2018

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>
Anyone else genuinely dig the space bar music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUnqF1ce6o&t=57s

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Dumb newbie question, but now in this terrible world where I can't hire crewpeople off the ships they were working on, where do you actually find these bars everyone's talking about?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
They fixed the nvidium bug for miners where they couldnt sell since it isnt used but, that means eventually the market is gone and it stalls again. The only way to get them going again is dump the nvidium and exclude it from being mined.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

Airspace posted:

Dumb newbie question, but now in this terrible world where I can't hire crewpeople off the ships they were working on, where do you actually find these bars everyone's talking about?

I kinda find them by accident? I haven't found a way to consistently find a bar. A lot of those 'bring me xx inventory items' quests are dropped off at the bartender/a bar patron so keep an eye out for those. As for finding a black market vendor, I have no info on that because I found mine purely by accident.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

When you build a ship you can hire crew, I'm pretty sure you can also hire from the upgrade menu. Since crew now gain skills over time you can just train them up, which is likely the intended route.

If you go to high preset when building you get a higher ranked pilot even if you back everything back down to base model, so at least getting someone that can autotrade is easy enough.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

Anyone else genuinely dig the space bar music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUnqF1ce6o&t=57s

Sounds like a remix to one of his older songs.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mokotow posted:

I've pissed of HAT by doing a random "destroy lasertowers" mission, and now my auto traders refuse to trade. Anyone ran into this before?

EDIT: Actually, all my traders are full of Turret Components and that's why they don't trade, what the christ.
I did this exact same thing when you posted it. Even worse, the faction I was doing the mission for kept docking me for every laser destroyed, until I finally got them all, at which point my rep boosted back up. So silly.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

Thom12255 posted:

Sounds like a remix to one of his older songs.

Someone pointed out that it sounds like a song that plays during a commercial break on a video game awards show, or 2018 phone-hold music

Also has anyone figured out if AI ships benefit from docking software or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

I did this exact same thing when you posted it. Even worse, the faction I was doing the mission for kept docking me for every laser destroyed, until I finally got them all, at which point my rep boosted back up. So silly.

Yeah I had this happen to me too. The faction that hired me got pissed at me attacking the laser towers around their station that they specifically hired me to destroy. I feel like if you get a mission that targets towers that aren't Xenon or Scale Plate Pact or something you should probably just abort it.