Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

She cant help it shes a total weapons and assassination nerd

It still is annoying watching a movie with someone who counts all the rounds fired by a gun and points out how many times someone should have reloaded. Not every movie can be directed by Michael Mann.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well this was fast

https://mangadex.org/chapter/497599/1

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

That does feel kinda similar to the Blast Core.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:stare:

I didn't expect the match to be so one-sided! I'm 100% hyped for Fang vs Gensai now, though

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm enjoying Kanoagito's character arc. Shame Sen had to be lying in the middle of the rails when this train came barreling through.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think this was the biggest jobbing since the first round matches. Goddamn, Sen, you got hosed.

Kengan Ashura continues to have relatable characters.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Well then

Fang Vs. Gensai will be good

Ohma is going to win over wakatsuki for sure for plot

But Fang vs Gensai is up in there air, I can't really make a guess as the winner

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress him up Gensai

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fang is going to lose cause whatever the Tiger plot is has to advance.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God we only have 3 more matches in the tournament now right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

God we only have 3 more matches in the tournament now right?

yeah.

gensai and agito both have history with Niko so either are possible. I think it'd be really cool for both Nogi and Metsudo to lose before the final though

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fang sucks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

I think this was the biggest jobbing since the first round matches. Goddamn, Sen, you got hosed.

Kengan Ashura continues to have relatable characters.

No jobbing will ever be worse than the cruel treatment that poor Mockey got.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tonfa posted:

Fang sucks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think the biggest issue is that i don't see how ohma can beat him even though he will. he has most of the downsides that Sen has

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why are you assuming he's fighting Ohma? The Devil Lance pierces plot armor.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:stare: wow that was traumatic.

Still wondering what the deal is with Aigto's "We/Us" gimmick. Is he actually referring to all Fangs collectively when he talks? As if they are one unit working together. Or does he really have multiple sides to his insanity.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I assumed he's referring to himself in a super prideful/noble/royal way in Japanese and the translator gave him the royal we to convey that, but I could be wrong.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

:stare: wow that was traumatic.

Still wondering what the deal is with Aigto's "We/Us" gimmick. Is he actually referring to all Fangs collectively when he talks? As if they are one unit working together. Or does he really have multiple sides to his insanity.

He's using different forms of "I" in japanese. (Watashi, Ore, Boku) however, it's not something the translators could easily convey in english so they used "we" as the substitute.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brought To You By posted:

He's using different forms of "I" in japanese. (Watashi, Ore, Boku) however, it's not something the translators could easily convey in english so they used "we" as the substitute.

They should've went with "THE FANG IS GONNA LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON EVERYONE'S CANDY-ASSES!"

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Suppose it's fair to say that he's making a distinction between Kanoh Agito, human being, and The Fang of Metsudo, avatar of corporate violence, then?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish we could skip the Ohma-Wakatsuki fight and just go straight to Beard vs Fang.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So are we all at the point where most every other fighter is more interesting than Ohma?

I mean yeah he's going to be the new Fang under Kazzy but bleh

OR MAYBE THATS HOW FANGS ARE! REALLY GOOD FIGHTERS BUT pretty meh when it comes to characterization

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

verbal enema posted:

So are we all at the point where most every other fighter is more interesting than Ohma?

OR MAYBE THATS HOW FANGS ARE! REALLY GOOD FIGHTERS BUT pretty meh when it comes to characterization

I mean I'll put chill Ohma above Waka at this point but frankly yeah let's just cut to Fang vs The Best Karate.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Suppose it's fair to say that he's making a distinction between Kanoh Agito, human being, and The Fang of Metsudo, avatar of corporate violence, then?

I think that's fair? One of the forms of "I" he uses is for kids, but the other is the adult form. So there is a distinction being made, I'm just waiting for the translation to catch up to a story point so I can confirm my own assumption for why he does this.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

verbal enema posted:

I don't see Ohma surviving the tournament, honestly. I'm really expecting a "one last good fight and now it's time to die" thing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ohma's a lot more interesting and neat of a character now that he's chill.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I'll take him over everyone left but Gensai.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like Wakatsuki :c his new hair is so goddamn good

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wakatsuki is a little endearing for his relationship with his CEO, but otherwise he's still just a boring strong man. Just because he's less boring than Julius doesn't mean he's especially interesting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wakatsuki is less interesting than julius because he wears clothes. julius is hilarious without even trying.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

Wakatsuki is a little endearing for his relationship with his CEO, but otherwise he's still just a boring strong man. Just because he's less boring than Julius doesn't mean he's especially interesting.

Julius's politeness outside of combat (as shown in the Agnostic Front omake), his insistence on wearing thongs all day every day, his membership in the Foreign Fighters Association and his role as pitchman for the Danberu gym, all make him more interesting than Waka.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Julius is a million times more interesting than Wakatsuki because Julius is initially presented as the Big Strong Idiot Muscle being used as the pawn of the Super Evil Guy and it turns out he's a soft spoken polite smart guy who is genuinely interested in other cultures.

Wakatsuki is a naturally super strong guy who wants to win a fight because vengeance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair, a lot of what makes Julius interesting comes from side chapters and not in the mainline chapters.

Outside of the mainline chapters, he's just arrogant, big, smarter than he looks, and used a loving dude to smack another dude while enraged.

Granted, that last one is pretty good.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

To be fair, a lot of what makes Julius interesting comes from side chapters and not in the mainline chapters.

Outside of the mainline chapters, he's just arrogant, big, smarter than he looks, and used a loving dude to smack another dude while enraged.

Granted, that last one is pretty good.

theres no kengan rule against using the ref as a weapon

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ohma vs Fang is going to be a legendary match of a caliber not seen since Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, the two most powerful and interesting fighters in the wwe

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

After seeing how destructive fighters like Kiozan, Julius and Wakatsuki are I'm kinda having trouble believing that getting hit once by the Fang is liable to break your arm like how they keep portraying it lately. Okubo took his lumps in stride so that didn't help either.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/498088/1

Intimidating Kazzy

E: oh poo poo Setsuna match incoming?

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 10, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

erioh and kazzy have become friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU