Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the invitational thread has been archived...since Smash Ultimate is loving awesome, and everyone loves it, we should organize a tourney for it. smash is a little weird though bc we need to agree on a specific ruleset...here's my proposal

- 1v1
- 2 Stocks
- 4 minutes
- No Items
- Battlefield Random
- Best of 3
- Wobbling is legal
- Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

Thoughts? Interest? I know Smash heads usually go for a small list of allowable stages instead of using the Battlefield variants, so if someone pitches a list we could use that. And for those who want to join, would next weekend work? I lean Sundays on these bc its when most people are around to do it. ill make a sign up page once we decide the rules.

Smash Hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What is Wobbling and Freezing and Infinite Stalling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What is Wobbling and Freezing and Infinite Stalling.

Yeah, alright...you might wanna sit this one out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im enjoying smash so no thanks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1v1 no items is the most shameful way to play this game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wow sounds freaking epic cant wait to see

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my favorite is 2v2 but idk if we would have enough people to fill a bracket.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’m in OP . list of stages would be nice. battlefield, FD, fountain, pokemon stadium 1, clocktower? plus more, those are just off the top of my head

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

b_d posted:

i’m in OP . list of stages would be nice. battlefield, FD, fountain, pokemon stadium 1, clocktower? plus more, those are just off the top of my head

75m

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Playing this popular game the established way the two semi-pro smash players in the forum have done for 60,000,000 hours is not in the spirit of the Invitational if you ask me. Now then... What's wobbling? Sounds like someone complaining about a legitimant strategy to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im gonna come clean...I have no clue what Wobbling or Freezing mean. I'm going to guess Freezing is to run out the time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*disguises voice as Woody Allen* Uhh, I'll ehrrm. I'll play if... If there's a rule, a rule that, you know, that if it's 100 man, uh, FFA, on the biggest possible ehermm, map, and if Wormskull gets a +1000 handicap.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

International Yahtzee Champion: What up! Welcome to the chill friends Yahtzee tournament! No 4's or 6's allowed, 2 rolls only, no Chance.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Wobbling was a thing that involved precise timing where if the Ice Climbers grabbed you you were guaranteed to lose a stock. It's not in this game because Nana does a little cheer when Popo grabs someone now.

From what I gather.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I won’t be participating in any tournament that uses items, or any tournament that doesn’t use items, as I don’t own the game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i recommend 4 player smash, random stage, full items

plopping, the mama mia & flossing allowed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dark Samus Is Banned Due To Her Up Smash Exploit.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rule suggestion: all smash players must bath at least once the week of the tournament

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Dark Samus Is Banned Due To Her Up Smash Exploit.

Thought this went without saying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

rule suggestion: all smash players must bath at least once the week of the tournament

gently caress off.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

gently caress off.

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's fun but it sucks if it's all you play

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*leans back so the nut stink rises into the air with renewed vigor* Anyone know the deets on the map selection yet?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*gets caught on camera rubbing my rear end crack and under my chin and smelling my hand while in training chortles drunkenly*

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im in!!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

*gets caught on camera rubbing my rear end crack and under my chin and smelling my hand while in training chortles drunkenly*

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

*leans back so the nut stink rises into the air with renewed vigor* Anyone know the deets on the map selection yet?

haha

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pubey sideburns guy pausing ZSS crouching: haaa, schwing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I changed my mind I just had to watch 80 seconds of 1v1 at the tail end of a 2v2 match and it made me want to blow my balls off with a 12 gauge. The tourney is cancelled.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I changed my mind I just had to watch 80 seconds of 1v1 at the tail end of a 2v2 match and it made me want to blow my balls off with a 12 gauge. The tourney is cancelled.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make it a 8 player FFA and the last two players have to turn the game off and play ST.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Make it a 8 player FFA and the last two players have to turn the game off and play ST.

This would be cool but you can't do online 8 player games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Da fuq?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This would be cool but you can't do online 8 player games

Thank You Nintendo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm relieved, not only because I'll never learn how to play this in time, but this would be probably the shittiest online laggy whatever game we've ever done, and probably suck rear end.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No items is seriously th most shameful way to play smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

International Yahtzee Champion: What up! Welcome to the chill friends Yahtzee tournament! No 4's or 6's allowed, 2 rolls only, no Chance.