Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

I always love running into Labyrinths. Who cares if they're completely different from the normal playstyle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think Labyrinths need a redesign, not removal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put more monsters in them and give you directional/distance sound cues so you know where something just opened up

has anybody called for directional sound cues for portal vault entrances yet

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

nerve posted:

now theyre getting rid of labyrinths??

about time

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
replace labyrinth wall shuffling w turning walls into (weaker versions of?) earth elementals is still my first labyrinth suggestion

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

The real labyrinth was a palace anyway.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i always thought of the labyrinth being under the palace but idk if the original greek stuff ever mentioned where it was :v

also new feature request: put this in the labyrinth

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like the concept of labyrinths but always found them too long to be honest. They're just kinda boring even if they're cool in concept.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Labyrinths are great and they just needed tweaking but good to know the main-branch continues to Be the Legend and remove poo poo outright because of perceived balance issues.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how hard it would be to make a rare labyrinth algorithm w double-wide hallways for shits and giggles

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Single wide hallways are the best part of labyrinths. Just pre-gen a maze with a path from entrance to exit and disable auto explore if you really want theming.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

No updates this weekend, was busy playing the start of the new Path of Exile league. The new shine will probably wear off before next weekend, so I should have more updates then.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Guess who got their compiler to function again after weeks of frustration? Yep you guessed it, me.

Gooncrawl Windows Tiles Dev build for 11, December 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkikq78rqh05u3y/gooncrawl-win64-tiles-11-12-18.zip?dl=1

Also I've made a folder on my dropbox just to house the current and previous versions of Gooncrawl I've compiled.

It can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u57oafshqi02tqb/AAB66Oo3GG0q0yeUGZsi3EU-a?dl=0&lst=

Just keep in mind I'm using DD-MM-YY format for the dates.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Metoron posted:

Guess who got their compiler to function again after weeks of frustration? Yep you guessed it, me.

Gooncrawl Windows Tiles Dev build for 11, December 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkikq78rqh05u3y/gooncrawl-win64-tiles-11-12-18.zip?dl=1

Also I've made a folder on my dropbox just to house the current and previous versions of Gooncrawl I've compiled.

It can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u57oafshqi02tqb/AAB66Oo3GG0q0yeUGZsi3EU-a?dl=0&lst=

Just keep in mind I'm using DD-MM-YY format for the dates.

God bless

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Came back after a few months away to vanilla Trunk and got told a bat’s thick head wouldn’t let me close a door. Logged back out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Never not play GoonCrawl.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Which webtiles server tends to keep up with Gooncrawl? I'm kinda spergy about playing the latest build.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
I've been playing on https://crawl.project357.org/, and it has v1.0-495-g52d9b3b. It can be laggy at times.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Huh.

That's a pretty nice to have on Lair:2. Would have been pissed if I died before finding that, now I get to die after wasting four acquirements.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl update:
-Re-added Repel Missiles for player casting as a permabuff (in Book of Air, Minor Magic). Be slightly safe from missiles again!
-Changed it so that cancelling a permabuff (recasting the spell while you already have the permabuff) doesn't cost you MP to do so. I wasn't able to do this with any of the Transmutations, but there's an End Transformation button that works just fine for that so whatever.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Torment sucks so hard. Unavoidable, uncounterable. You know they ran out of ideas when you hit branches that spam it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you know me on discord bother me to finish reworking stuff for proper pull requests and also to make the larger species weapons pull request

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Average Bear posted:

Torment sucks so hard. Unavoidable, uncounterable. You know they ran out of ideas when you hit branches that spam it.

Torment fulfills an important role in the game of 'Threatening Damage that is always threatening' (Except vs Torment Immunes, which is quite rare). Now, the implementation of that mechanic that is kinda 'eh', and I wrote a big ol' effort post specifically about Torment some time ago about why it's implementation and usage has much to be desired, but I feel it's important to recognize the meta-importance of its existence in a game where you can be functionally immune to everything that isn't Torment and Hellfire.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Average Bear posted:

There's plenty of ways to avoid or counter torment.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Like: not doing the postgame, I guess???

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

FR: An "altar" within 5 squares of the dungeon entry that's a crusty old explorer who reminds you that 3 runes are enough, more just means you're showing off.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So are fairy dragons supposed to be disgustingly good?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I seem to recall they are supposed to be really good early on but trail off later.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl update:
-Excruciating Wounds is now a permabuff. Torture your weapons indefinitely!

Updates will likely come a lot faster now that I'm on holiday, but not that fast since I had to get a new laptop after the old one died and it runs like poo poo.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Any reckonings on the moving target of late that is bcrawl as the other Lively One alongside Gooncrawl? Or plotting to harvest choice bits from the former into the latter?

https://github.com/b-crawl/bcrawl/releases

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl Updates:
  • Spectral Weapon is now a permabuff (shamelessly stolen implementation from Hellcrawl). I ported over the permabuff mechanics without the balance changes, so everything about it should still be the same aside from needing to hit something first to draw out your weapon.
  • Added an End Permabuffs ability so you don't have to fiddle with armor or recasting everything to drop your buffs.
  • Re-enabled Xom's ability to cast permabuffs now that you can turn them off without the spell.

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Any reckonings on the moving target of late that is bcrawl as the other Lively One alongside Gooncrawl? Or plotting to harvest choice bits from the former into the latter?

https://github.com/b-crawl/bcrawl/releases

Feel free to cherry pick and suggest anything! The only reason there hasn't been another poll yet is because I want this feature list mostly done before calling it good and I update at a glacial pace normally.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Gooncrawl Windows Tiles Dev Build for 24, December 2018.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/th3l9gko43qpxqq/gooncrawl-win64-tiles-24-12-18.zip?dl=1

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl update:
Song of Slaying is now a permabuff. Implementation is similar to Hellcrawl's, in that it will lose bonus over time since the song doesn't end. Left all the other parts of the spell the same for right now.

Only Battlesphere and Ozo's to go for converting and then I can pick something else on the list!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

The holiday update train continues! Gooncrawl updates:
  • Battlesphere and Ozo's are now permabuffs, which is everything that passed the vote! Woo!
  • Trog will no longer accept worship if you are currently maintaining permabuffs. Oops.
  • Shining eyes have had Malmutate replaced with Polymorph. Less strategically frustrating, more tactically horrifying!

I'm gonna keep pushing ahead, but still looking for feedback on details for modifying MP reserved for permabuffs past just reserving their spell level.

Edit: Gonna avoid the triple post since conversation is dead at the moment and just put more updates in this post until someone else posts again:
Dec 28th updates:
  • Re-added Recharging ability for deep dwarves. Burn your MP on shotgun wands!
  • Increased cross training bonus from 40% to 60%, which should be a bit more noticeable.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 29, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when i defeat my depression its all over for you motherless fucks

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
don't talk about my momma like that

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is Depression a permabuff yet?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Which version of LRD is gooncrawl using?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Which version of LRD is gooncrawl using?

The one that still breaks walls.

Edit: Probably not going to be another update until I get back to my main computer, starting to tackle another complicated thing and I'm getting pissed off at this poo poo laptop's speed.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have a stupid idea and that idea is bringing back berserk rage as a spell

a hex that frenzies enemies, berserks allies, and gives you might+mesmerised+confusion lmao