Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hows dishonored 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hows dishonored 2?

It never drops below good, and it reaches some amazing highs. A Crack in the Slab and The Clockwork Mansion are two pretty amazing levels that you can replay a number of times in vastly different ways and their respective gimmicks are awesome. You get to choose at the start of the game to play as one of two distinct characters and it is really fun to see how the different ways you act and react as different characters can affect the game/plot/NPCs etc.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Smash is good. Everybody get a Switch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Only if they make another good paper mario

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hows dishonored 2?

it's good. play as the girl

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

jesus WEP posted:

I bought a 3ds specifically for the paper Mario game and wow it stinks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

it's good. play as the girl

:agreed:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
don't forget to buy the remake of Katamari Damacy, which had the misfortune of coming out the same day as Smash. you can get it on Switch or PC. familiarize yourself with the Prince of All Cosmos before he makes his debut in Super Smash Bros.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Smash is a garbage franchise and incredibly unfun.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
:shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

Oh these deluded fans of the unimportant second-tier Nintendo franchises, when will they understand Nintendo doesn't care about them and will never give them what they want? :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm sure we'll get some info on Metroid Prime 4 in 2019.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

agreed about Smash being bad. the bots stink and the story scuks. mario party sucks too. The worst game is you don't know jack where you can't even play it because there isn't another person

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Smash is an incredibly complicated delivery system for getting to have Kirby and Jigglypuff throw hands, which is a noble and good thing. :colbert:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
smash is good because i can make a mii fighter that looks like me and set its level to 1 and then i can play as Daisy and beat up the mii that looks like myself. so it's like i get to experience both sides of my ideal relationship and it really empowers me as i continue searching for love in real life

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They need to stop being cowards and let me kick rear end as Monty Mole in Smash

super mario party is the only Great game of the year, it knows what the people want and that's motherfucking Monty Mole :getin:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dimebags Brain posted:

What a wrong and bad opinion

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smash is good but i miss having trophies that would give little backgrounds or trivia behind them, wish it were incorporated into the stickers/spirits thing.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

STONE COLD 64 posted:

smash is good but i miss having trophies that would give little backgrounds or trivia behind them, wish it were incorporated into the stickers/spirits thing.

Yeah I miss this a lot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for the life of me i cannot beat and unlock the wii fit trainer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is Mr. Resetti in Smash, and is he the undisputed master of reality there too?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Falcon ftw

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

I don't know anything about the newer smashes but they'll never be fun till people get off their no-item fox-only Final Destination bullshit.

That's fine for tournaments but true Smash fun has always been random character, random stage, full-items.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

I always knew I disliked you. :mad:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Competitive Smash has never appealed to me. I don't know if it's how boring I've always found the matches or the garbage people who this game attracts

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

dromal phrenia posted:

I don't know anything about the newer smashes but they'll never be fun till people get off their no-item fox-only Final Destination bullshit.

That's fine for tournaments but true Smash fun has always been random character, random stage, full-items.

Agreed, although there's a couple items that should be left off(really glad there's an option to turn off and on individual items)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I used to play in a group that had some people who were very serious about competitive, but they loved playing one items mode: Items set to high, pokeballs and bob-ombs only. It's a good mode.

I can do the no-items gimmick but not the flat-stages only or battlefield only stuff. I need more variety in my stages. I think Smash Ultimate might have the largest percentage of stages I don't like though, because I've already disabled something like ten stages from showing up in random select for being too big and/or empty to be fun. They're nearly all stages I hated playing in previous games so I wasn't thrilled to see them return. Also the two stages where if you throw somebody off they appear on the other side of the screen instead of dying, that poo poo sucks.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TTBF posted:

I used to play in a group that had some people who were very serious about competitive, but they loved playing one items mode: Items set to high, pokeballs and bob-ombs only. It's a good mode.

I can do the no-items gimmick but not the flat-stages only or battlefield only stuff. I need more variety in my stages. I think Smash Ultimate might have the largest percentage of stages I don't like though, because I've already disabled something like ten stages from showing up in random select for being too big and/or empty to be fun. They're nearly all stages I hated playing in previous games so I wasn't thrilled to see them return. Also the two stages where if you throw somebody off they appear on the other side of the screen instead of dying, that poo poo sucks.

It does have like 100 stages though, there's bound to be some clunkers.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hows dishonored 2?

Just echoing off of the previous posts, the game is really good. If you're going to play it one time, play as Emily, especially if you played Dishonored 1. Playing Corvo in 2 feels like they tacked it on at the last minute to give you more replayability rather than it being what they wanted for a narrative. But if you've never used Corvo's kit (it's largely unchanged from the first game), it might be worth considering playing, as blinking is a bit "cleaner" than Emily's warping skill.

The only complaint I really have for Dishonored as a series is that if you decide to just kill people, the game is hilariously easy. The only difficulty is found in the stealth gameplay, and even that isn't horribly challenging most of the time. But if you don't care about difficulty and just want to have fun, Dishonored 1 and 2 both have it in spades, imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also don't be scared to play around with the powers, it is pretty easy to lock in to a couple of specific moves you use and that'll work fine, but you can chain powers together into absolutely incredible ways to do some batshit insane stuff, and figuring that out is a lot of fun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Smash. Its a good fighting game for people that are put off by the deep technical nuances of other fighting games. The later iterations close the gap by adding more items. I can't keep track of all the dumb things, geez.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Vaguido posted:

The only complaint I really have for Dishonored as a series is that if you decide to just kill people, the game is hilariously easy. The only difficulty is found in the stealth gameplay, and even that isn't horribly challenging most of the time. But if you don't care about difficulty and just want to have fun, Dishonored 1 and 2 both have it in spades, imo.

See, this is a thing I have always loved about Dishonored. One of my least favorite things about games that try to enforce a moral dilemma between their ideas of right and wrong is the tendency to make them as equivalent as possible so you don't feel like you're missing out on content or experience; paragon vs renegade in Mass Effect, good vs evil in Fable, saving vs harvesting in Bioshock, etc. The whole point of Dishonored as a plot and setting is how people abuse their power for personal gain and disregard the people who get hurt in the process, so after you get endowed with impossible power it becomes way harder to sneak around and keep everyone alive than to just stop caring and murder everyone in your way. It's unusually thematically cohesive for a video game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will say with the fatigue im getting with the spirits mode im really missing a lot of the side features games like melee offered, such as the special challenges/break the targets/board the platforms/other breaks from "just smash some folk". plus having no context for a lot of the spirits and where they come from/who they are feels like a missed opportunity for fun nintentrivia. for single player this really feels like probably a weak entry.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I just started playing New Vegas again and for better or worse I think it’ll always be the GOAT in my eyes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

I like Smash. Its a good fighting game for people that are put off by the deep technical nuances of other fighting games. The later iterations close the gap by adding more items. I can't keep track of all the dumb things, geez.

And yet if you tell people you don't like Smash, they will start nattering on about how it is actually very deep and complex and All Fox No Items Final Destination.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I've never seen anyone say that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I just started playing New Vegas again and for better or worse I think it’ll always be the GOAT in my eyes

Just the base game itself was great, but throw in the DLC (really more like old school expansions) and it really is one of the all time best games ever made.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Just the base game itself was great, but throw in the DLC (really more like old school expansions) and it really is one of the all time best games ever made.

I still jump into this from time to time. I have about 10 mods on it for different graphics and game bug fixes and it runs amazing, saves itself from crashing, and most importantly looks great.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I played Dishonored 2 and got the no killing achievement because I am a good boy who don't harm nobody. it is a very fun game even without using a lot of your powers because there's just so much of it!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

i have for seven years now carried a small but bright torch, and the inscription on that torch reads "Lonesome Road was kind of disappointing," and no one will ever put it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

OWB is one of the best-scripted and voiced things in video games ever, probably the best