Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, we still gotta deal with Kong.

Also, I am SEEING this movie in IMAX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, I am SEEING this movie in IMAX.

:lol: as if there’s any other option.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't give a poo poo, I'm seeing this in 4D with a chair that rumbles to replicate godzilla actually roaring in my face

Red Pyramid
Apr 29, 2008
Just realized you can clearly see Ghidorah's silhouette in the clouds above the wrecked White House in that early shot.

Red Pyramid fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 10, 2018

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Quoting so it's on this page.

Also, :eyepop:

Violator
May 15, 2003

So Godzilla's marketing was red, Skull Island was yellow, King of the Monsters is blue, I guess GvKong will be green?

A little concerned that it looks like the big monster fights take place in giant storms with a lot of camera shake. It makes sense since each of the titans brings weather effects, but I'm still a tiny bit concerned since G'14 was so good with it's fights. Edit: I don't want anything obscured by rain or crap.

I just realized that in the first movie, Godzilla brought a tsunami when he arrived. Rodan is volcanos, King Ghidorah is hurricane. What's Mothra? Tornado? A tornado of love?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MY KING

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Violator posted:

A little concerned that it looks like the big monster fights take place in giant storms with a lot of camera shake.

The close-ups looked pretty steady with plenty of long shots as well. The only time I had trouble understanding what I was seeing was because the shot wasn't shown long enough, which is obviously not unexpected in a trailer.

How am I not seeing any comments on Mothra looking like a vicious motherfucker?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The definite destruction shown around the monsters simply existing is so loving massive and so loving good.
Femuto broke Las Vegas just strolling through. Whole areas going to disappear with everyone waking up.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Violator posted:

So Godzilla's marketing was red, Skull Island was yellow, King of the Monsters is blue, I guess GvKong will be green?

A little concerned that it looks like the big monster fights take place in giant storms with a lot of camera shake. It makes sense since each of the titans brings weather effects, but I'm still a tiny bit concerned since G'14 was so good with it's fights. Edit: I don't want anything obscured by rain or crap.

I just realized that in the first movie, Godzilla brought a tsunami when he arrived. Rodan is volcanos, King Ghidorah is hurricane. What's Mothra? Tornado? A tornado of love?

Light/life

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:gizz:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

He's so fast!

Godzilla has to be using the same PEDs that Olympic sprinters use. Dude was hauling rear end.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Dude was hauling rear end.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Godzilla has to be using the same PEDs that Olympic sprinters use. Dude was hauling rear end.

Spiderman has already established that having radioactive blood makes you strong, so more rads=more strong.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The uninitiated going "gently caress NO" to King Ghidorah shows how well the design team has done.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Looking forward to the mountain dragon and oil crab, or whatever these mystery kaiju are

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That gave me chills. My body is ready.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Malice given form.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Absolute. Units.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

For a split second I thought he was going to bust out a drop kick. :O

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Tekne posted:

Malice given form.

I hope the movie confirms that Gidorah's an alien so that we can have poo poo like Space Godzilla and Gigan show up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Oh gently caress yes this is my #1 movie of interest for next year.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Long live the King

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Absolute. Units.

Me, watching Godzilla ‘14: “God drat this fucker is the biggest god drat kaiju”

Me, watching this trailer: “look at this tiny idiot in the corner against the main man Ghidorah”

I hope the posts credit scene is Kong watching a news report of the chaos unfolding and going “You know what? I’m good here in Kong Island. gently caress this”

Violator
May 15, 2003

Monaghan posted:

I hope the movie confirms that Gidorah's an alien so that we can have poo poo like Space Godzilla and Gigan show up.

There's a sequence with something huge burning it's way through the atmosphere towards earth. Could be anything like Rodan dive bombing, Mothra doing something, or it could be a flashback to when Ghidorah arrived on earth and killed the dinosaurs?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Heh.
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1072185750286852096

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hmmyes:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wait, on second watch... is the loving Super X of all things making an appearance?

HorribleAvatar
Feb 26, 2012

We're through running form these bastards!

Violator posted:

There's a sequence with something huge burning it's way through the atmosphere towards earth. Could be anything like Rodan dive bombing, Mothra doing something, or it could be a flashback to when Ghidorah arrived on earth and killed the dinosaurs?

Burning godzilla perhaps? Maybe it's after he gets the powerup from the nuke.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope that one coming out of the ground with many claws is a good guy. It's tearing up an oil pumping site and that's a good thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo so this might be a long shot but what if that multi-legged monster is the same monster from the Oppenheimer trailer for G14, and Legendary has been playing the long game all this time by teasing that kaiju way back then?

Also holy gently caress on a rewatch I noticed the people on the ground when Rodan flies by just getting obliterated by the air pressure :stonk:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Jimbot posted:

I hope that one coming out of the ground with many claws is a good guy. It's tearing up an oil pumping site and that's a good thing.

Looked like spider legs; Kumonga confirmed!

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Jimbot posted:

...or he was released by reckless, greed-based drilling/fracking.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I want to be Godzilla's pet.

e: Mothra redesign looks good up close.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 10, 2018

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
how the hell is Kong vs. Godzilla going to live up to this

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This has the same plot as Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. Convince me otherwise.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

IMB posted:

2 hour giant monster punch up, 15 minute plot maybe?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

drat son

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Me, watching Godzilla ‘14: “God drat this fucker is the biggest god drat kaiju”

Me, watching this trailer: “look at this tiny idiot in the corner against the main man Ghidorah”

I hope the posts credit scene is Kong watching a news report of the chaos unfolding and going “You know what? I’m good here in Kong Island. gently caress this”

yup. the last one's best quality was communicating the sense of scale, showing you exactly how massive Godzilla is and how completely hosed we all are just floating around him like little gnats.

and now here's a giant loving dragon to dwarf him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

IMB posted:

It's actually going to be a custody battle over the Mothra Larva ala Kramer vs Kramer.