Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

A lot of people wondered why folks like Shane Dawson, KSI and the Pauls didn't make it into the latest YouTube Rewind, but I don't think people can really wonder about why Felix didn't. loving hell you dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol not even surprised

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Make sure to like comment and subscribe for more hot genocide tips, kids!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

at least he defeated those browns trying to white genocide him from youtube

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ghostlight posted:

at least he defeated those browns trying to white genocide him from youtube

yea thank god this incredibly wealthy neo-nazi supporter was able to triumph over the threat of bollywood trailers making everything all corporate.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pewds also specifically recommended a video essay on netflix death note where the description refers to a black character by the n-word.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Whenever Pewds is on the news all I think of is "what stupid poo poo did this idiot do this time". If the guy manages to get the news for something positive, and its positive on his own terms and not just trying to apologize (see him donating to an Armenian charity after denying the Armenian genocide), I would LP be surprised.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He did shoutout one small lefty channel but that seems to almost be by accident. :v:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can we go back to him screaming rape at the top of his lungs, rather than buddying around with outright Nazis?

Better yet we can line them all against the loving wall.

As the RWW article points out, most of the fuckstain's audience are kids, this is gonna have consequences.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I expect sometime in the near future it's just going to be Pewds singing 'Springtime for Hitler.'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

Can we go back to him screaming rape at the top of his lungs, rather than buddying around with outright Nazis?

Better yet we can line them all against the loving wall.

As the RWW article points out, most of the fuckstain's audience are kids, this is gonna have consequences.

Yea, this is why I was so mad about his Fiverr "prank"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Augus posted:

What’s up Bros it’s your boy [voice goes up 5 octaves]pEEEWDIE!!! And today I’m bringing you my latest Heated Gaming Moment!
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1072220349952069632?s=21

Ah, I see that partnership with Ben Shapiro is working out swimmingly.

SteelMentor posted:

Joke's on them though. Thanks to climate change reaching its point of no return in the next 10-ish years, all the little Gen-Z fuckers folks like Pewds and E;R redpill into Nazis are going to live the rest of their virulently racist, fascist lives in a blazing, flooded hellworld that can't sustain them anymore. So that problem is going to solve itself by the end of the century...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 11, 2018

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dawgstar posted:

I expect sometime in the near future it's just going to be Pewds singing 'Springtime for Hitler.'

And then they're finally able to get him on copyright charges.

Just like they did with that one white-nationalist channel today. Couldn't get McInnes on hate speech, but they got him on copyright.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the complete refusal of tech companies to lift a single fuckin finger to do something about nazis using their platforms is fuckin infuriating

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the complete refusal of tech companies to lift a single fuckin finger to do something about nazis using their platforms is fuckin infuriating

Because the TechBros are all Nazis themselves. Jack Dorsey is not the outlier, he is the baseline.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

At best they love money more than doing something about it, at worst they endorse it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not sure they're literally Nazis so much as they are insanely, pathologically committed to their libertarian ideals of free speech and communication being a net good 100% of the time. There was a Facebook dude a few years back who said something along the lines of "Yeah, we just assumed that the more people used our service, the more problems would solve themselves."

Note that I'm not sure that what they are is really that much better than Nazis, though. They're useful idiots for the cause at absolute best.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nine-gear crow posted:

Because the TechBros are all Nazis themselves. Jack Dorsey is not the outlier, he is the baseline.

i mean, yeah

Zedd posted:

At best they love money more than doing something about it, at worst they endorse it.

i don't think there is any 'at best' scenario here. youtube has consistently poo poo on leftists and lgbtq peeps while doing fuckin nothing to actual nazis, there's no way that's just a case of them looking for profit.

Arist posted:

I'm not sure they're literally Nazis so much as they are insanely, pathologically committed to their libertarian ideals of free speech and communication being a net good 100% of the time. There was a Facebook dude a few years back who said something along the lines of "Yeah, we just assumed that the more people used our service, the more problems would solve themselves."

Note that I'm not sure that what they are is really that much better than Nazis, though. They're useful idiots for the cause at absolute best.

if it was free speech they wouldn't be coming down hard on leftists and the lgbtq community

they're nazis

all libertarians are, in fact

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arist posted:

Again the silver lining to climate change is that Silicon Valley will either be under water or burned to ashes by wild fires by the end of the century, so the TechBro reckoning is coming too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tech companies are founded on the principle that technology will solve problems and as a result they are incapable of contemplating that technology can cause problems it cannot solve. The solution to hate speech is always just one algorithm away, all we have to do is engrave the word in millions of miles of printed circuits.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

☭ Also fascism is an inevitable product of an economic system built on the oppression of others. ☭

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

SteelMentor posted:

Thinking back to the time "Adults React to PewDiePie" was posted, it seemed like that was the absolute nadir of creative output, yet it somehow garnered the majority of YouTube's subscribers. It didn't seem like it could get worse, but here we are...

It also makes the joke name from that old SpeedoSausage animation dunking on him amusingly prescient: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OiMxGwmdto

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

A lot of people wondered why folks like Shane Dawson, KSI and the Pauls didn't make it into the latest YouTube Rewind, but I don't think people can really wonder about why Felix didn't. loving hell you dick

There's also the good youtubers who decided to stay away from it due to the shitshow it was the last few years.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Kim Justice posted:

Speaking of Guru Larry, I should take the opportunity to promote Digitiser: The Show! Of which he is one of the hosts - it's currently halfway through the run and seriously cooking on gas. It's absolutely, gloriously manic. Also, this episode has an arse. But WHOSE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_AkZ9VYVRM

Quoting this oldish post to confirm that Digitiser: The Show is an absolute riot. It's got the same shambolic, matey vibe that I loved from gaming magazines growing up, with a surreal sense of humour. Also it's got a few other UK 'tubers as regulars, including Octavius Kitten and Ashens. I'm sure some people will bounce off it pretty hard, but the friends I've shown it to have loved it. The latest episode features Dan Maher, a game of speed-pictionary shot so that half the drawings are obscured, and a truly unpleasant twist on the classic YouTube staple of "friends grossing each other out with mystery substances".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Bet you always wanted a whole hour dedicated to the Avatar theme park! Well, Jenny Nicholson has just the thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrIxGWterYA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm only twenty minutes in and this is already the best.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Arist posted:

Nazi says to kill all Jews "that's just his freedom of speech". I tell said Nazi "Follow your leader", I get immediately banned for encouraging suicide. The mods know and they are Nazi defenders.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Nazi says to kill all Jews "that's just his freedom of speech". I tell said Nazi "Follow your leader", I get immediately banned for encouraging suicide. The mods know and they are Nazi defenders.

:emptyquote:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Joke's on them though. Thanks to climate change reaching its point of no return in the next 10-ish years, all the little Gen-Z fuckers folks like Pewds and E;R redpill into Nazis are going to live the rest of their virulently racist, fascist lives in a blazing, flooded hellworld that can't sustain them anymore. So that problem is going to solve itself by the end of the century...

Rich white people in northern countries are the people who will be the least effected by climate change

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I found this guy while looking for something new and his vid got me to watch Daria. Which is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZswmxq-K1M

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Andrast posted:

Rich white people in northern countries are the people who will be the least effected by climate change

If the Gulf Stream stops Europe will notice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

If the Gulf Stream stops Europe will notice.

They are still less hosed than the rest of the world

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Terrible Opinions posted:

The latter reduces the amount of engaging content: fewer content creators with "controversial" opinions means less engagement and ad revenue.
The system is rigged in favor of fascism.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

SteelMentor posted:

This is the part that scares me the most - every family gathering I'm trying my best to nod politely while my nephew rambles on for hours about minecraft while also keeping an ear out for dog whistles. He's heavy into gaming, streamers and just started high school, and it worries the hell out of me. His mom isn't going to be much help either.

Arist posted:

So many people are committed to freedom of speech, but don't want to actually have positions on topics or speak actual truth to power, so they just translate that into "freedom to be a stupid edgelord". It's almost like the freedom of speech part is the noble excuse for them to be the shitheads they always wanted to be or something.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Andrast posted:

Yeah let's be real, tech's gonna ride their golden parachutes out and leave everyone else to suffer. They'll hop around as many times as they need to, leaving a trail of "disrupted" infrastructure and communities behind them.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Boogie managed to "both sides" a pregnant women being beat by her gamer husband.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shocking

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dork457 posted:

Boogie managed to "both sides" a pregnant women being beat by her gamer husband.

look it was a heated gaming moment, it happens

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Someone should both-sides him and see if he self-destructs like an evil supercomputer on the old Star Trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Just in case you thought that might be an exaggeration:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1072285499048497152

Boogie feels the need to point out, in the light of a man hitting his freaking pregnant girlfriend, that he thinks the woman shouting and throwing cardboard (clearly a lethal device) with no other context than the clip is also bad, AND believes that the kids should be taken away from both of them (a TRULY fantastic solution Boogie! Really, brilliant. The crimes of the woman are clearly as bad as the man here, ergo they should all go into care - truly a great environment to grow up in, you utter poo poo). Oh, and the man has previous domestic violence arrests from his relationship with his ex girlfriend/mother of the children. And was also caught on stream calling his two year old daughter a oval office for having the temerity to try and get his attention while playing Fortnite.

Another new low for the World's Friendliest Gamer then. Kinda makes me depressed to be honest.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 11, 2018