Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Props to Hatsumi for managing to interact with Shion for a moment and not piss her off.

And I'm so glad that Mihono's been doing well in gambling so far. I hope that she keeps doing well and doesn't blow it all betting on the wrong guy at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Forget the Kengan sequel, where's the Kure Clan spinoff?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i can't believe how dead setsuna is right now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

RareAcumen posted:

Props to Hatsumi for managing to interact with Shion for a moment and not piss her off.

And I'm so glad that Mihono's been doing well in gambling so far. I hope that she keeps doing well and doesn't blow it all betting on the wrong guy at the end.

hopefully she ends up the tournament the richest person in japan

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh Snapple! posted:

I love the Kures.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I forgot that the semifinals are happening on the same day, that's nuts.

I thought it was strange that the quarterfinal matches weren't as... bloody as the previous ones, but now it makes sense.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The final is also happening on the same day meaning ohmas last fight should really make him too tired to fight again

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So...

Cosmo has "Imperfect Foresight".

Gensai has "Motionless", which is kind of like "Foresight".

Kanoh has "Pre-Initiative", which is also kind of like "Foresight".

Starting to think that Kaneda's gimmick is that everyone steals his gimmick.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

JosephWongKS posted:

So...

Kaneda is meant to be a mostly average dude who was smart enough to figure out how to win fights against guys way more skilled and physically fit than him. It makes sense that true prodigies or masters in the field would be able to pull the same trick. It would be kind of silly to have an unbeatable master fighter like Fang or Gensai who didn't grasp the idea that predicting what your opponent is going to do before they do it is a pretty good way to win a fight.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Something I like about this comic is that it is such concentrated martial arts battle manga bullshit that it almost feels kind of academic in how it demonstrates stuff.

That being said, I have to say, I definitely prefer more out of left field abilities like Doc's body mods and Muteba's Daredevil senses to increasingly granular methods for counters. Realism was kind of thrown out from the moment we had a berserker mode for Ohma, so the more conservative special abilities feel kind of like being lazy in the name of some faulty sense of realism. Either that, or it's all just setup for one big "BUT WHAT IF THE ULTIMATE ABILITY IS BEING TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE?" bullshit, which would also be boring. That was entertaining to me approximately once, in a Deadpool comic from 1997

I'm not saying I necessarily want full bore fighting game insanity but like... okay maybe I want that, but for a slightly less crazy fighting game? Like maybe Soul Edge levels, there were no beams in that and only one 100% supernatural entity

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i want them to explain ohma's iron breaker

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JosephWongKS posted:

So...

I told you guys, Kaneda is this series` Krillin.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

i want them to explain ohma's iron breaker
Tightened muscles + increased torque + "we need the main character to be able to punch above his weight class"

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
This page was great. Just serious mode and showing him as a real person and not a dragonBallesque over-reacting emotions character was shocking and awesome.

not seen behind the calm demeanor: constant hyperventilating and heart attacks

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 10, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Hell yeah we're still getting this fight

https://mangadex.org/chapter/498450/1

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
It's not paranoia if Tokita Niko is out to get you.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Somehow I didn't expect that Setsuna was this coocoo for Cocoa Puffs, but in retrospect I really should have.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Time for the fight we've been waiting for: Ohma Rocket vs. Twister Rodriguez

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So Tokita Niko mastered ancient martial arts of body-hopping? Pretty good for final villain. Hope this misunderstanding between Ohma and Setsuna will get cleared soon. :ohdear:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So that explains why he killed them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lt. Lizard posted:

So Tokita Niko mastered ancient martial arts of body-hopping? Pretty good for final villain. Hope this misunderstanding between Ohma and Setsuna will get cleared soon. :ohdear:

I think the only way Niko died to setsunas master is ohma used the advance against setsuna which distracted Niko

There are a lot of bullshit techniques in this series but I think the rakshasa palm is the most ridiculous

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, wakatsuki's chances just improved dramatically.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I don't know how the hell Ohma's gonna take on Wakatsuki after fighting Kiryu. Maybe we'll finally see our first substitution? (Yes this has been said multiple times before but still)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

blizzardvizard posted:

I don't know how the hell Ohma's gonna take on Wakatsuki after fighting Kiryu. Maybe we'll finally see our first substitution? (Yes this has been said multiple times before but still)

Second.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He's going to stomp kiryu to show how improved he is similar to gensai fighting him

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm starting to get the impression that Setsuna may be not quite all there in the head.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I actually feel a little bit sorry for Setsuna there. Up until the crazy wrapped back around he was really trying to be helpful.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am honestly excited by this twist.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm assuming that Ohma is going to loving destroy Kiryu in a very one-sided way to sell exactly how much he's improved and exactly how much Kiryu has degenerated.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Crazy people do have a pretty poor record in KA.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Twist: Setsuna is 100% sane and Kazzy really is a shapeshifting monster.

... I'd hate that, but it sure would be a surprise ending.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I am honestly excited by this twist.
As it turns out. The 'true rakshasha's palm' wasn't meant for Gensai, but the plot itself.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

blizzardvizard posted:

Because Koyo Academy's fighter caused the situation, they'll have to step up and offer a fighter as a replacement. That's right baby, it's the Wild Tiger vs. the Intelligent Barbarian in the semifinals.

VgameT fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 11, 2018

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Something I like about this comic is that it is such concentrated martial arts battle manga bullshit that it almost feels kind of academic in how it demonstrates stuff.

That being said, I have to say, I definitely prefer more out of left field abilities like Doc's body mods and Muteba's Daredevil senses to increasingly granular methods for counters. Realism was kind of thrown out from the moment we had a berserker mode for Ohma, so the more conservative special abilities feel kind of like being lazy in the name of some faulty sense of realism. Either that, or it's all just setup for one big "BUT WHAT IF THE ULTIMATE ABILITY IS BEING TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE?" bullshit, which would also be boring. That was entertaining to me approximately once, in a Deadpool comic from 1997

I'm not saying I necessarily want full bore fighting game insanity but like... okay maybe I want that, but for a slightly less crazy fighting game? Like maybe Soul Edge levels, there were no beams in that and only one 100% supernatural entity

Personally i think its cool how all the guys with super modes and ultimate finishing moves have lost to people who just have good punching technique and/or can punch really hard

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

halleys comet posted:

Personally i think its cool how all the guys with super modes and ultimate finishing moves have lost to people who just have good punching technique and/or can punch really hard

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

halleys comet posted:

Welcome to the secret of Kengan Ashura, share it with no-one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

halleys comet posted:

How come Gaolang lost to Agito then?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Final Boss right now is literally a dude that's Good At Fundamentals and Can React Real Fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dias posted:

The Final Boss right now is literally a dude that's Good At Fundamentals and Can React Real Fast.

Which one?