Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Not that strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Isnt that just a headscissors?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Kristian Woodmansee has a mean triangle where he doesn't capture an arm and just puts his own in

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

Kristian Woodmansee has a mean triangle where he doesn't capture an arm and just puts his own in

Whoa...

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

omg chael crash posted:

Wow, now I need to try that

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

is it possible to get like a delayed response to a nose injury? I got crossarmed right in the nose over the weekend. Nose has been sore but now, like four days later, its started bleeding like crazy.

might be the dry air from winter too - try putting some vaseline up there

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I would love to see the setup for this

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Isnt that just a headscissors?

If you figure four your legs then its a triangle.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My instructor does this thing where he puts his own arm in to substitute for his opponent's when someone does that thing where you bury your arm behind the outside thigh to keep shoulder separation.

Knocked me out during a demo once with it because he decided to tell a story with it locked up.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Is there a name for covering your opponents mouth with your hand? I saw Craig Jones did this to Adam Sachnoff at the last Quintet and was wondering if there is a name for this. I thought it was called the exhaust valve or muffler or something like that :iiam:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Is there a name for covering your opponents mouth with your hand? I saw Craig Jones did this to Adam Sachnoff at the last Quintet and was wondering if there is a name for this. I thought it was called the exhaust valve or muffler or something like that :iiam:

Nightmare

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

rocha trains with us occasionally and some team mates have been doing this. we just call it 'the rocha thing' , 'fucker's maneuver' etc

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
smothering

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

omg chael crash posted:

I hope I don't someday get beaten up by a 17 year old

How about your 13 year old daughter? We were rolling and I was just playing, she was being serious. My 10 year old son is only about 40 pounds from dominating me in every roll.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Wangsbig posted:

'fucker's maneuver' etc

Great name for it. I was loving around with a training partner with this today. We both had a good laugh about it. He later asked if we can work the calf slicers again. He said hes not sure they were tight enough and we needed to go over it again :D

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I think Rocha calls it the Python Trap or Python Challenge.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

spacetoaster posted:

How about your 13 year old daughter? We were rolling and I was just playing, she was being serious.

why were you rolling with his daughter :crossarms:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Great name for it. I was loving around with a training partner with this today. We both had a good laugh about it. He later asked if we can work the calf slicers again. He said hes not sure they were tight enough and we needed to go over it again :D

why are you training with satan

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Am I doing this right? I didn't do this last time around.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

I would love to see the setup for this

I feel like this is really similar...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltwtW5MRFtY

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Defenestrategy posted:

My man :hi5:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

why were you rolling with his daughter :crossarms:

We all do mma at our house (muay thai and bjj).

She's been moved to the adult class and doesn't want to roll with the dudes in there yet.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

We all do mma at our house (muay thai and bjj).

Woosh

Defenestrategy posted:

Hardy and handsome gg

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Defenestrategy posted:

garts

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

congrats man! :woop:

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Defenestrategy posted:

The coolest color jujitsu belt. Congrats!

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Congrats!

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Defenestrategy posted:

Congratulations!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Defenestrategy posted:

good jerb

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Congrats

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hoozah

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

willie_dee posted:

How long until my fingers and toes stop bleeding?

Tape, Tape, Athletic Tape. There is no shame in protecting your skin.

On another note, I joined my local BJJ dojo. I had to drop Judo because the classes don't line up with my work schedule.

I'm pretty hyped, though, because I can touch people's legs now without being scolded. Viva La Buttscoot!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks friends, it was because of this and the Martial Arts thread that I started grappling in the first place four years ago while I was down in the dumps about getting dumped.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Congrats mr purple

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Good work

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

Thanks friends, it was because of this and the Martial Arts thread that I started grappling in the first place four years ago while I was down in the dumps about getting dumped.

Nothing fixes a broken heart like broken limbs

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defenestrategy posted:

Congrats!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

also purple belt in four years is a pretty banging pace so good on you for that too

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What's your favorite submission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I really like the triangle choke, it always reminds me of the lady from Goldeneye, although I realize she just crushes that Soviet guys torso with her thighs instead of a choke.

I also like the arm-in brabo choke that you can get after sprawling and stuffing a shot, I once in a while grapple with some high school wrestlers and this always gets them, although it’s illegal I suppose