Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fairy Coldmother needs to be a recurring character somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Phylodox posted:

Fairy Coldmother needs to be a recurring character somehow.

I didn't think Pee-Wee Herman would be, but combining those two could be amazing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ApeHawk posted:

Some of you may have missed this, but thanks to Closed Captions, I saw Nate (Custodian of Chrono) say "Bet they're gonna swap costumes or something this year" in reference to the crossover.

HARD PASS.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Surprised no one's posted this yet.

https://twitter.com/james_eagan/status/1072358719839748096

"Days of Future Cats" is such a good name, I wish we got that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So is Mona dead now?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

The Spectacular Meow is incredible

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

So is Mona dead now?

TIMEFORCE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

“Plaque Buildup”. God drat the writers on this show are great.

I really wish we saw Nate and Hank’s ill-fated battle with that garden gnome though...

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The loving demon face made me recoil HARD. GAH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zari continues to be loving amazing.

"YOU DICKS."

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

TwoPair posted:

This episode was a ton of fun but I feel like it was trying to make me like Charlie, which it failed to do in a big way.

Gotta agree here, the ground hogs day episode completely sold me on Zari and this did nothing of the sort for Charlie.

It was still an amazing episode, just like this whole season, though.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

TwoPair posted:

Talking Elseworlds is such a hilarious name for an episode that has nothing to do with the crossover I truly wish they'd used that...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GLOSS posted:

Talking Elseworlds is such a hilarious name for an episode that has nothing to do with the crossover I truly wish they'd used that...

What Else Worlds is also a great choice just for it's multiple meanings.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that may be my stealth favorite.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I need all the Zari Kitty gifs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mona instantly being on board for turning into a cat was great.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
John just deciding to cuddle Zari as he lost his poo poo was probably my favorite moment, followed by everyone just being able to speak cat.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Not only did they not end up with the best title, none of the better ones even seem to have made their shortlist. Plaque Build-up is clearly the best, but Time Crimes, What Else World?, Talking Elseworlds and Days of Future Cats are all better than Legends of To-Meow-Meow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mulva posted:

John just deciding to cuddle Zari as he lost his poo poo was probably my favorite moment, followed by everyone just being able to speak cat.

You're so soft.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

great big cardboard tube posted:

Gotta agree here, the ground hogs day episode completely sold me on Zari and this did nothing of the sort for Charlie.

It was still an amazing episode, just like this whole season, though.

Those groundhog day episodes always have a wacky element but focus on the character's emotional and psychological stress of it all. This episode didn't really give Charlie a ton to go through. The focus was mostly on the wacky parallel timeline hijinks. And to be honest I'm not even sure Charlie's ultimate actions were selfless and not just her trying to get to a timeline where the Legends/Custodians/Sirens weren't trying to kill her.

But it was a fun as hell episode on its own. I don't need to like Charlie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I can't think of any other show that consistently tops itself season after season. I'm glad we're in the timeline where the CW didn't listen to all of us talking about how garbage the show was during season 1 and cancel it.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I love this show so much, and it just has so much room to keep growing without growing old. This cast and writing is perfect.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I need all the Zari Kitty gifs.

Favourite space-faring cat since Oedi from Dreadstar and Company, another wild group.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 12, 2018

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A time remnant Zari-cat should join the team.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So with Crisis on Infinite Earths confirmed for next year, Legends is surely gonna be doing Sliders next season, right? It's gonna be dope and I will get mad if it doesn't happen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also while the Legends were absent from the Elseworlds stuff, Gary made a cameo.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vietnamwees posted:

"Custodians of Chronology?"

"Sirens of Space?"

"DCs Puppets of Tomorrow?"

This show, man. This show...

Requesting an official title change of this thread to be one of these titles that I've posted. We've already got a GIF of the puppets being chased by a zombie, now we just need other GIFs of the other titles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also while the Legends were absent from the Elseworlds stuff, Gary made a cameo.

I'm pretty sure the timeline where Gary was dead was the actual, proper one.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This...

...and this...

... happening in the same episode is why this is the best thing on tv.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

8one6 posted:

This...

...and this...

... happening in the same episode is why this is the best thing on tv.
Also Mike the Spike saying, "You better watch your knees, Sarah Lance!"

So much was happening in this crazy episode. This season's going to be a blast to binge-watch later.

Have to watch again to get the exact quote but Zari and Constantine are talking to each other and I think it's Ava who goes, "I can't take all this timey-wimey stuff" and timey-wimey is a term taken directly and deliberately from Doctor Who.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I do appreciate that Ava’s memorial during the whole “plaque buildup” sequence said “Replaced too soon.” With he implication being that they just went back to Future Vancouver and picked up another Ava from the shop and continued on like nothing happened otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Binary Logic posted:

Have to watch again to get the exact quote but Zari and Constantine are talking to each other and I think it's Ava who goes, "I can't take all this timey-wimey stuff" and timey-wimey is a term taken directly and deliberately from Doctor Who.

Not the first and in no way the last Who reference this show has done.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I thought for sure Rip was going to make an appearance in one of the time lines.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Not the first and in no way the last Who reference this show has done.
It was a particularly appropriate phrase for this episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LakwV3P3qII

I love that the writers have set up the show now so they can pull or make references from anywhere, from cheesy 90 action shows to frikkin' Fraggle Rock to killer unicorns, and everything is fair game within the existing premise.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GreenNight posted:

I thought for sure Rip was going to make an appearance in one of the time lines.

lmao oh yeah i forgot about that guy

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Gideon (Amy Pemberton) also played a companion on Who

as part of their radio play stuff, but it counts.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Logic posted:

Favourite space-faring cat since Oedi from Dreadstar and Company, another wild group.

Reminder that one of the villains of Dreadstar was legitimately, canonically related to Hanover Fiste. :hellyeah:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nooneofconsequence posted:

A time remnant Zari-cat should join the team.
Did they ever explain why Zari was a cat? Did I miss that, twice?
Sure, the timeline was broken in general, but the other changes at least seemed to have some kind of specific explanation.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fairy Godmother turned her into a cat. They didn't fix it til they neutralized the Godmother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I see the new thread title.

Nice.😁