Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

imgay posted:

I found a piece of the shikan jewel in the last piece of cheesecake.

Yeah Naraku is a good substitute for eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Um... I don't think cheesecake will help us catch the monster...

Plus, I don't even get the reference.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Of course cheesecake would help us catch the monster. If you don't know this, then you ARE the monster.

##vote Toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I don't get it! Not at all!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

But how would someone know that cheesecake would catch the monster unless...THEY'RE the monster :thunk:

##vote yami

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote imgay

For eating the cheesecake I baked for everyone.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hello I am playing mafia

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (1): A Sometimes Food
Yami Fenrir (1): IcePhoenix
Toalpaz (1): Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (9): 28766f69642a2930, b-minus1, GulagDolls, imgay, Infinitum, Podima, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

The sky suddenly darkens, the sun replaced with the moon.

The day has been cut short by anomalous power.

Flips incoming, flavor to follow.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The monster grins, from its chains. It didn't expect this, but somebody is resourceful.

A scream erupts from Melody, as her chest suddenly explodes in a fountain of crystalline splinters and gore.

The Heart is wrenched from her by an unseen force.

Toalpaz, Magical Girl-Aligned Heart, Loved, has been plurality lynched!

You are Melody! You are Magical-Girl Aligned! You've received the power of the Heart, and are the initial position of it- you are Loved, and it takes one extra vote to execute you. Your win condition is for the Magical Girls to be in control of the Heart after four days.

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: Yami Fenrir

This same force pushes the heart into the chest of Alma- and pushes it all the way through, so for a moment she is suffused in magical power, and in the next moment she's run through- the life leaves her eyes as the Heart replaces her heart, and then is launched right out of the back of her, not even stopping its momentum.

Yami Fenrir, Magical Girl-Aligned False Heart, Heart, has been plurality lynched!

You are Alma! You are Magical-Girl Aligned! You are the False Heart- you are a Rolecop! If you are rolecopped, you will show as "Heart". You are also always in the masonry! Your win condition is for the Magical Girls to be in control of the Heart after four days.

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: IcePhoenix

In the calm that follows, for a short breath, a quiet moment, it appears it is over. There are three reddening stars in the sky, however- and after the Heart makes its flight, Cecily collapses, her heart stopped, appearing almost purely out of malicious spite. The Monster has crushed her heart, on a whim, through the suspicions laid upon her. It's another pointless death, her candle snuffed all too soon, and for what?

imgay, Magical Girl-Aligned Versatile Backup, has been plurality lynched!

You are Cecily! You are Magical-Girl Aligned! You are the Versatile Backup- you are given the option of inheriting any nightkilled role (and one other, secret role). You CAN refuse to take an offered role. Your win condition is for the Magical Girls to be in control of the Heart after four days.

The monster smiles, from within its prison. It delights in suffering.

It must be stopped, before it comes back.

It is now Night 1! Deadline is in 24 hours, or whenever everyone gets their orders in.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The night after a short day feels even longer than it was. There are even some doubts as to whether or not the sun will ever come back.

It does come back, but...

Emma's missing.

One of you finds a drop of blood. Then another drop, in a trail. Then a splash. Then a torrent.

Emma's body is in a dark alleyway, heart callously torn from her chest. This was just malicious.

Nobody speaks, on finding the body.

A cold wind blows. Somebody sobs softly.

Making the bargain to be a magical girl might have been the worst deal you ever made.

And this deal's getting worse all the time.

B-minus1, Magical Girl-Aligned Wildcard, was murdered Night 1!

You are Emma! You are Magical-Girl Aligned! You are the Wildcard- you are a natural Nexus! Any abilities targeting you, other than kills, will be randomly redirected. You can also be a Lightning Rod and draw all targeted abilities to you, and then randomly redistribute them- this will kill you, however, no kills will be redirected to the Heart when you do this! Your win condition is for the Magical Girls to be in control of the Heart after four days.

It is now Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (8): 28766f69642a2930, A Sometimes Food, GulagDolls, IcePhoenix, Infinitum, Podima, SalTheBard, Tobbs Gnawed

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 13th, 2018 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If we could please not end a day super early like that again I would really appreciate it!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
P sure that was an OP scum ability

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Suss on IP for dropping the 3rd single vote before ability use. Also doesn't he have heart? If he's town why not kill him?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Meguca

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

If we could please not end a day super early like that again I would really appreciate it!

Y are you not immediately thinking it was scum who offed 3 townies? Feigned innocence?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Suss on IP for dropping the 3rd single vote before ability use. Also doesn't he have heart? If he's town why not kill him?

:thunk:

Yeah that's a great idea, let's give the monsters a chance to get the heart off of me by dogpiling the vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Y are you not immediately thinking it was scum who offed 3 townies? Feigned innocence?

I do think it was scum that used that ability. Where did I say differently?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I do think it's possible that people were joke phase voting at that point. Although it could be easy to disguise jokephase votes in with actual purposeful votes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey I'm actually awake while the game is open.
It's a Christmas miracle.

Also yesterday was my day off, so there will now be a distinct lack of poo poo posting from Camp Infinitum as I'll be at work now.

Mayhaps you jerks could not end the day early so I can get some posts in later :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This post stands out. Sal makes no mention of game state, just "please don't loving end the day after 30min"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the hell is this game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mekuga

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to drop a vote on Tobbs right now. When they come to explain their post I'm down to change that.

##vote Tobbs

I feel like that post is a fair bit of projection

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ASF was third vote weren’t they?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF was third vote weren’t they?

Yes it was, but they were about a minute apart

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ASF’s vote is worse because it killed beautiful boy imgay

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

K re-explaining

Above post looks fake to me. Was pretty obvious it was a scum masterplay.

Having 3 townies flip D1 with practically no info fucks us pretty bad, so coming in with upbeat commentary like this rings false.

Like, I saw those flips and was thinking "gently caress, we're hosed already." Townie holding heart dead, heart being held by A) scum or B) town who scum knows has it is the worst thing, literally.

Happy to put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Sal

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

K re-explaining

Above post looks fake to me. Was pretty obvious it was a scum masterplay.

Having 3 townies flip D1 with practically no info fucks us pretty bad, so coming in with upbeat commentary like this rings false.

Like, I saw those flips and was thinking "gently caress, we're hosed already." Townie holding heart dead, heart being held by A) scum or B) town who scum knows has it is the worst thing, literally.

Happy to put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Sal

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

Well no kidding it was scum master play. I never said it wasn't. I think it's worth looking at who voted when and not my "lively post".

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

This post stands out. Sal makes no mention of game state, just "please don't loving end the day after 30min"

If he had that tone I'd be less suspicious. Ask yourself if town would come in after those flips in a good mood. Know who is in a good mood today and feeling confident?

Scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sal did you end the day?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

Well no kidding it was scum master play. I never said it wasn't. I think it's worth looking at who voted when and not my "lively post".

Yeah I tossed out IP as the only living player who voted, and you agreed with me. It's worth considering.

Looked like a secret day action to me. If IP is town, then scum decided to forgo a free extra kill by not voting before submitting the action.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Sal did you end the day?

No

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to drop a vote on Tobbs right now. When they come to explain their post I'm down to change that.

##vote Tobbs

I feel like that post is a fair bit of projection

##unvote

I admit the ! At the end made it more lively than I intended

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thinking about IP living, obviously there’s a chance that binus sacrificed himself as a lightning rod, but altruism isn’t really how he plays

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
huh, if the heart player is nk’d, it goes to the player who did the kill. So scum may not have wanted to out themselves by getting the heart

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

Not convinced you're town yet, but I'd really like to see everyone contribute. I've had my say.

Also looking like a role madness, we may get lucky and someone has an investigator result.

Also also if there are 3 scum (standard for this size game I'd think) then turboing is possible and we are already at MYLO.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

huh, if the heart player is nk’d, it goes to the player who did the kill. So scum may not have wanted to out themselves by getting the heart

That is a good point. With a lead like that it may have been best to play safe (if IP is town).

Still doesn't explain 0 scum voting before using that ability. Then again, a mislynch today potentially ends the game, so IP could have been set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That is a good point. With a lead like that it may have been best to play safe (if IP is town).

Still doesn't explain 0 scum voting before using that ability. Then again, a mislynch today potentially ends the game, so IP could have been set up.

ASF’s joke looks forced and very soon before the day ended. That’s probably 1 scum vote.