Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow goddamn we are at LYLO of there are 3 scum. I hadn't even taken that into consideration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s joke looks forced and very soon before the day ended. That’s probably 1 scum vote.

I'm an idiot, I didn't notice 2 people who voted were alive.

Sleep deprivation makes mafia tough.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

You just called Sal out for making a similar post to this.

"Don't end the day early" = "Wish we'd hear from more people"

SalTheBard posted:

Wow goddamn we are at LYLO of there are 3 scum. I hadn't even taken that into consideration

Potentially. Solus reworked the game down from 22 to 12?

I'd go out on a limb and hazard a guess at 2 scum + 1-2 3P.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We also know gently caress all about what happened at the end of D1.

Gun? Bomb? Why was there a kill chain? Why was the heart movement public?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
One other thing I would like to throw out. I understand that this end day early thing might be 1 shot or every other day so throwing votes out willy nilly might not be the best idea.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

P sure that was an OP scum ability

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Y are you not immediately thinking it was scum who offed 3 townies? Feigned innocence?

Conversely, if anyone is town and wants to own up to being the one who's responsible for that moronic usage of a day ability, I can probably help make things better.
---
These are the people who posted prior to the end of D1:
toalpaz (flipped town)
gulag
yami (flipped town)
imgay (flipped town)
tobbs
asf (voted)
icephoenix (voted)
sal

While it's certainly viable that it was someone who DIDN'T post and simply hit the big red button, I think the two living voters are the most suspect but would not ignore gulag/tobbs/sal. (That being said, I strongly feel that Sal would not blow this kind of power instantly on D1 especially after what went down in the CYOR game recently.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Suss on IP for dropping the 3rd single vote before ability use. Also doesn't he have heart? If he's town why not kill him?

It was ASF that dropped the third vote.

I did some thinking over the IcePhoenix dilemma, and either he's scum holding the heart or he's town that got protected last night. I'm not sure there's a great way to resolve that particular dilemma without a protective role claiming, and that feels like a bad idea right now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

K re-explaining

Above post looks fake to me. Was pretty obvious it was a scum masterplay.

Having 3 townies flip D1 with practically no info fucks us pretty bad, so coming in with upbeat commentary like this rings false.

Like, I saw those flips and was thinking "gently caress, we're hosed already." Townie holding heart dead, heart being held by A) scum or B) town who scum knows has it is the worst thing, literally.

Happy to put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Sal

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

Strongly disagree with this, Sal plays emotionally rather than logically and you're reading too much into it as you usually do. Don't get hung up on what you think is a crazy gotcha when it's his first post of the day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Thinking about IP living, obviously there’s a chance that binus sacrificed himself as a lightning rod, but altruism isn’t really how he plays

Gonna claim this since the masonry rotated last night: I am in an unconfirmed masonry known as "best friends" (which is not mentioned at all in my role PM). Day 1 it was me, Yami, Icephoenix, and b-minus. Content was largely nothingburger, other than b-minus engaging in what I had come to believe was his usual townie crackpot theorizing. Yami is still able to talk in the masonry even though he's dead, for reasons unknown (but mod-confirmed as allowed), and if you look back at his flip it does kind of indicate that in a subtle fashion. Nobody has claimed responsibility for this masonry. The members of the masonry rotated overnight - I'm now in there with Gulag, Tobbs, and Yami (still). No conversation yet today.

The reason I bring it up is that I think b-minus would have said something in the masonry if he was going to go for the sacrifice play, and he didn't.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

We also know gently caress all about what happened at the end of D1.

Gun? Bomb? Why was there a kill chain? Why was the heart movement public?

Yikes this is a bad post.

The mod specifically said this:

SolusLunes posted:

The sky suddenly darkens, the sun replaced with the moon.

The day has been cut short by anomalous power.

Flips incoming, flavor to follow.

Clearly indicating someone used an ability that instantly ended the day. 3 people had 1 vote each, and it's plurality voting, so all three were plurality hung.

SolusLunes posted:

There are a few rules: The team who controls the Heart at the end of the game, wins.
This game will last for four days and four nights, no longer.
Lynches are conducted by majority vote- but if a majority is not reached by the end of the day, there will be a plurality lynch. If there is a tie, there will be multiple plurality lynches for anyone tied at the top.
If the player holding the Heart is lynched, it will be randomly distributed among the players who voted for the Heart.
If the player holding the Heart is nightkilled, it will be given to the player who conducted the kill.
If the Heart is shattered... well, don't do that. Trust me.

Admittedly this doesn't specifically say that the heart distribution would be public, but also when there's exactly one vote on the person with the heart who gets executed, it's not rocket science.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Pod were you talking in the masonry before the day ended?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

Admittedly this doesn't specifically say that the heart distribution would be public, but also when there's exactly one vote on the person with the heart who gets executed, it's not rocket science.

when you put it like this voting the heart player looks pretty bad

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

(That being said, I strongly feel that Sal would not blow this kind of power instantly on D1 especially after what went down in the CYOR game recently.)

You are bang on. I would not use this kind of power and then be so brazen as to have the first post of the day chastising myself for using it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Pod were you talking in the masonry before the day ended?

I'd said hello but not much else, I was at work and wasn't looking at SA.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Unless they're scum, yes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF was third vote weren’t they?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s vote is worse because it killed beautiful boy imgay

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Thinking about IP living, obviously there’s a chance that binus sacrificed himself as a lightning rod, but altruism isn’t really how he plays

28766f69642a2930 posted:

huh, if the heart player is nk’d, it goes to the player who did the kill. So scum may not have wanted to out themselves by getting the heart

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ASF’s joke looks forced and very soon before the day ended. That’s probably 1 scum vote.

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Birb, why are you pushing the narrative that IcePhoenix is town holding the heart and ASF being scum out of the two living people who voted someone else before D1 ended so hard and from so many angles?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

Birb, why are you pushing the narrative that IcePhoenix is town holding the heart and ASF being scum out of the two living people who voted someone else before D1 ended so hard and from so many angles?

They could both be scum, I had some thoughts about setup predicting alignment but they went nowhere.

I was saying that IcyPeony’s vote made them look scummier to me. Your ‘narrative’ needs work.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

I was saying that IcyPeony’s vote made them look scummier to me.

Sorry, can you clarify where you say this? I may have missed/misread your intent.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

28766f69642a2930 posted:

hmm I thought IP looked scummier if they straight up voted the heart person who immediately died, but rereading the flip post it went to Yami first who also died, and then to IP

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is 287etc birdstrike?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

Is 287etc birdstrike?

no

only hAWKE

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

hmm I thought IP looked scummier if they straight up voted the heart person who immediately died, but rereading the flip post it went to Yami first who also died, and then to IP

Heart was hidden AFAIK. The vote chain-lynch and heart movement were separate, but very lucky for scum.

You read b- flip closely enough to notice he could have drawn the kill to himself, but you missed that?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Heart was hidden AFAIK. The vote chain-lynch and heart movement were separate, but very lucky for scum.

You read b- flip closely enough to notice he could have drawn the kill to himself, but you missed that?

Well yeah, d1 was over by the time I woke up

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sleep deprivation makes mafia tough.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No worries nerdstrike

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Well yeah, d1 was over by the time I woke up

The flips birb, the flips.

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: Yami Fenrir

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: IcePhoenix

It was even bolded.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The flips birb, the flips.

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: Yami Fenrir

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: IcePhoenix

It was even bolded.

comprehension is for scums :sax:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ice Phoenix, if you have absolutely anything useful please claim it now.

##vote IcePhoenix

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote icephoenix

GIVE ME THE HEART

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##unvote i forgot.....the heart i need....is different...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

##unvote i forgot.....the heart i need....is different...

Interesting. Do you mind elaborating at all?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Interesting. Do you mind elaborating at all?

Sal, what do you think about what I posted re: Birb/HAWKE and Icephoenix?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't like the votes for IP. I don't think IP was the scummy one in the group. I found ASF's vote way more scummier.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I don't like the votes for IP. I don't think IP was the scummy one in the group. I found ASF's vote way more scummier.

Can you please explain why with a bit more detail?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

But how would someone know that cheesecake would catch the monster unless...THEY'RE the monster :thunk:

##vote yami

A Sometimes Food posted:

##vote imgay

For eating the cheesecake I baked for everyone.

The two votes, for reference.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
give GulagDolls what he wants imo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Can you please explain why with a bit more detail?

Yes. I felt IP's vote was a D1 joke vote. I mean they were talking some bullshit about cheesecake. Suddenly right after IP's vote, ASF swoops in (literally a minute later) and then 7 minutes later the day is over. I believe that scum were coordinating when to use the "day ends early" ability to maximum efficiency and seeing 3 votes on town players (and thus 3 dead town players) was the ultimate way to do it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. I felt IP's vote was a D1 joke vote. I mean they were talking some bullshit about cheesecake. Suddenly right after IP's vote, ASF swoops in (literally a minute later) and then 7 minutes later the day is over. I believe that scum were coordinating when to use the "day ends early" ability to maximum efficiency and seeing 3 votes on town players (and thus 3 dead town players) was the ultimate way to do it.

So you think ASF had a joke vote saved and constantly refreshed the page so he could post it within a minute of another joke vote?

Within a minute is practically simultaneous. You can't believe what you're saying.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So you think ASF had a joke vote saved and constantly refreshed the page so he could post it within a minute of another joke vote?

Within a minute is practically simultaneous. You can't believe what you're saying.

I am tired so I'm not really at 100% right now, so forgive me. Is your theory basically that IP and ASF are both scum and coordinated together? It would explain why IP isn't dead.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

What makes ASF's vote less of a joke vote than IP's? They both functionally took place at the exact same time (within a minute as you point out) and the day did indeed end seven minutes later.

On the topic of scum coordinating, what do you think of Birdstrike pushing so hard across multiple posts today to get us to vote ASF instead of IP? I quoted them for convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

I am tired so I'm not really at 100% right now, so forgive me. Is your theory basically that IP and ASF are both scum and coordinated together? It would explain why IP isn't dead.

I'm saying it's nonsensical and contrived to look at ASF and IP and say ASF is scummier.