Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hiya thread. So, if I have a 64 GB SDXC card right now but want to upgrade to 256, all I need to do is copy/paste the old contents onto a laptop folder, format the new card by slotting the new one into the Switch and formatting it from there (since Nintendo only reads FAT and cards past a certain point aren’t that) in the Switch itself, then copy/pasting the contents back?

Sorry if this gets asked a lot, I just wanna make sure it really is as simple as Google makes it sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Butterfly Valley posted:

I fear the Path of Pain has become a Sisyphean task for me. I don’t remember a time I wasn’t pogoing off saw blades and dashing through minute gaps in contrived seemingly endless thorny caverns. A litany of vanquished foes has faded into distant memory. My only enemy now is myself. It has utterly consumed me.

I jest but it’s actually quite zen for me, which is weird because I absolutely balk at this kind of gameplay usually. It’s both a blessing and a curse that there are fairly regular soul statues breaking up the route; in that it makes the possibility of completion just maddeningly tangible enough to keep me going. My main concern is that until I finish it, it’s literally all I can play on my switch as I can’t quit the game and lose the progress. I made steady progress through about 4 or 5 statues last night until I hit a metaphorical and also physical wall of thorns and blades, which is where I’m still at tonight. The gradual swelling of the soundtrack with additional layers of music gives some impetus and gravitas to the slow progression. Even each failed run doesn’t feel like a loss, as I return with a slightly more honed idea of how to continue, the muscle memory incrementally more ingrained into my hands.

I don’t want to know how far I am or how much is left, I’m avoiding any guides or walkthroughs for this. I just wanted to share where I’m at with it.

Good luck small ghost and godspeed

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Car Quest is 90% off at just 1 dollar on the eShop. It's kinda charming so far, and doesn't appear to be aping 80s nostalgia at all so don't yell at me.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Knorth posted:

Good luck small ghost and godspeed

So I just finished it, I assume, and dropped into a cavern with a couple of enemies. I bounced around dodging their hits and whittling them down, until I was struck and killed in one hit and sent right back to the bench at the start of the whole loving thing. My earlier zen evaporated, immediately supplanted by a core of white hot rage. I wasn’t fully healing because I didn’t expect to run into any fights, and I guess I must have dropped down to 2 health before the ‘succesful’ run.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wasn’t fully healing because I didn’t expect to run into any fights

oh, the game knows

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I checked out Car Quest and realized it's a Edis Brothers game, and that uh, that's pretty weird. I didn't think the freaking Lenny Loosejocks guys would still be making games. Anyways I just tossed them a buck for all the 56k memories.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Is ARMS good. I liked the demo a lot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grouping Smash Spirits together by an arbitrary feature makes some weird lineups

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I just finished West of Loathing and it’s easily the funniest game I’ve ever had the pleasure to play. Battles weren’t grindy, the puzzles are fun, and there’s still a lot for me to do after the main storyline wrapped up.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Carmant posted:

Yes it's awesome, if you have non gaming people locally who can join in, it's even better. It's super accessible and has the best quick match fighting game lobby on the market.

Plus it's the only game on the system with completely customizable buttons, even the ones on the edge of the joycons.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Carmant posted:

It’s a lot of money for not a lot of game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you're not a fighting game fan, get it on a sale, otherwise, you know what you're getting into as far as "content" is concerned.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Gripweed posted:

Grouping Smash Spirits together by an arbitrary feature makes some weird lineups

Is that Dr Strangelove from Peacewalker? In Smash!?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yes. The Peace Walker main theme is in as well.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

:perfect:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'm glad they list where spirits come from because I would probably fail a test of where the hell half of them are from. Like some are easy due to art design matching others or obvious like mega man bosses but I got one from a Famicom murder mystery game I would have never known.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

But no Heaven's Divide :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Stanos posted:

I'm glad they list where spirits come from because I would probably fail a test of where the hell half of them are from. Like some are easy due to art design matching others or obvious like mega man bosses but I got one from a Famicom murder mystery game I would have never known.

Famicom Detective club is in Smash?!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Gripweed posted:

But no Heaven's Divide :(

Is there Love Control?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Gripweed posted:

How'd you do that?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Im a moron that just ruined my 8bitdo controller by trying to cram the wrong charging cable in it.. so watch out for that. On a more positive note, I am really impressed with Doom and cant stop playing it even though I kind of bounced off it on both PS4 and PC. Also, for those of you that bought the Sega collection, are you happy with it? I read that it is missing a couple of games that were included on the PS4 version but Im not sure if it is worth losing the portability for have those games included.

Edit: I also ruined one of my switch charging cables trying to fix the 8bitdo. So tonight was not my night

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 12, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

So I just finished it, I assume, and dropped into a cavern with a couple of enemies. I bounced around dodging their hits and whittling them down, until I was struck and killed in one hit and sent right back to the bench at the start of the whole loving thing. My earlier zen evaporated, immediately supplanted by a core of white hot rage. I wasn’t fully healing because I didn’t expect to run into any fights, and I guess I must have dropped down to 2 health before the ‘succesful’ run.

It's exactly how it happened to me too and I was furious! However, you might not remember but during the path you pulled a lever opening a shortcut. If you still wish to complete the path, it should come in very handy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

Does Katamari have a joycon motion option? I don't usually go for non-aim-related motion control, but that feels like it'd be a winner.

Sadly no. I could see a simple tilting style with HD rumble being super effective or the ability to hold a joycon in each hand upright like control sticks and using them in the same way the joy sticks are used but it’s just a simple copy-paste of the PS2 controls

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Wait is this something the game has as a toggle please say yes

Look Sir Droids posted:

Paz is in smash and her passive ability is "Start with Bob-Omb equipped", which has gotten people pretty mad and is hilarious

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well yeah, it should have been two bob-ombs

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it should've been a sticky bomb

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Weedle posted:

Famicom Detective club is in Smash?!

Yes and no? I got an Ayumi Tachibana spirit which is some collectable crap for a mode I haven't touched yet. Looks interesting but I was more focused on unlocking characters and now I'm holding off on playing so I'm not That Guy when people drop by to play. It probably runs the gamut of weird and obscure characters (well, more obscure for non Japanese audiences I guess).

As a character though, no.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Reminder if you bought a physical copy of Smash to press + on the home menu and register the cartridge. The piranha plant code will be emailed to your Nintendo rewards account.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait is this something the game has as a toggle please say yes

It’s some in-game event that’s going on.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I see in the Japanese store there's a ridiculous looking game coming out soon called Nippon Marathon, and it has English. It looks like it could be a super fun multi-player game, tho I have no idea what's going on

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Is there some settings buried somewhere to be able to turn on stage hazards for smash battles like the stuff that will come up in spirit battles, such as the whole stage randomly flipping upside down? I've found the menu for custom smash but it only has like 9 settings, and they are kind of boring.

Mini, bunny, rocketbelt, light, slow, fixed camera is a very special hell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Carmant posted:

Yeah but it's a bit content bare and probably had a lot of its population move to smash, at least temporarily.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is this a good time (up to Feb 2019) to get a Switch, or is there a hardware update coming soon?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A hardware revision sometime in 2019 seems likely but anyone who claims they know anything is just pulling it out of their rear end. Get one if you wanna play games now. Any hardware upgrade would be pretty minor and mostly increase frame rate or docked resolution slightly. Think 3DS vs *new*3DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

American McGay posted:

A hardware revision sometime in 2019 seems likely but anyone who claims they know anything is just pulling it out of their rear end. Get one if you wanna play games now. Any hardware upgrade would be pretty minor and mostly increase frame rate or docked resolution slightly. Think 3DS vs *new*3DS.

We don’t even know that. Knowing Nintendo, there’s the possibility it could actually be a weaker “budget” Switch similar to the 2DS.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

That drat Satyr posted:

Is there some settings buried somewhere to be able to turn on stage hazards for smash battles like the stuff that will come up in spirit battles, such as the whole stage randomly flipping upside down? I've found the menu for custom smash but it only has like 9 settings, and they are kind of boring.

Sadly no. Hopefully they add it later.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Switch Online update is out. Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods, The Adventures of Lolo, Dr. Mario SP and Metroid SP are available for playing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hell yeah Wario's Woods and Lolo

We must have put hundreds of hours in the snes version of WW growing up. The whole family was really into it lol

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

That drat Satyr posted:

Mini, bunny, rocketbelt, light, slow, fixed camera is a very special hell.

You can't turn off the hazards in a setting exactly, but there are specific support spirits that will negate things, if you mess with your spirit makeup you might find one that turns off the problem you're facing. The control reversal on the flipped stage can be negated, for example, or the stage with the poison ground, you can get poison immunity and so on. If you're stuck on one and you don't have the spirits you need, try another stage and then go back later. I personally didn't notice that my auto pick wasn't putting in a secondary spirit, so I was playing all.my matches without that extra bump, it was only after a friend showed me that I needed to do 2 picks that I realized there was this whole other aspect. Also some things, like poison negation, require a primary with 2 secondary slots, so keep an eye out for stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

caldrax posted:

You can't turn off the hazards in a setting exactly, but there are specific support spirits that will negate things, if you mess with your spirit makeup you might find one that turns off the problem you're facing. The control reversal on the flipped stage can be negated, for example, or the stage with the poison ground, you can get poison immunity and so on. If you're stuck on one and you don't have the spirits you need, try another stage and then go back later. I personally didn't notice that my auto pick wasn't putting in a secondary spirit, so I was playing all.my matches without that extra bump, it was only after a friend showed me that I needed to do 2 picks that I realized there was this whole other aspect. Also some things, like poison negation, require a primary with 2 secondary slots, so keep an eye out for stuff like that.

You read that opposite. They're asking if they can turn some of those special WoL rules on for more normal Smash matches.