Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DBFZ is the best fighting game to come out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Top 8 is hype just to see what people try to do vs sf but im done playing it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/xoFROOT/status/1071932104261406721

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shiki Dan posted:

That just makes the game go by a little bit faster.

Game is still loving boring.

A brain weaker than Buu.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhG2iEHKkSc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DBFZ is abysmal but there's pieces there to make something cool. Let the BBtag team take a crack at it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

whatt he gently caress........

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Cross Tag is poo poo, don't let the team anywhere near DBFZ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

I like DBZ but it's not even close to Soul Calibur or BBTag or even Smash Bros in terms of fun unique poo poo you can do. The problem with DBZ is that it's so homogeneous to me. It looks hype as gently caress but the balance is wildly off right now and it needs revisions

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DLC Inc posted:

I like DBZ but it's not even close to Soul Calibur or BBTag or even Smash Bros in terms of fun unique poo poo you can do. The problem with DBZ is that it's so homogeneous to me. It looks hype as gently caress but the balance is wildly off right now and it needs revisions

What? The balance is super good right now. Like the only thing you could fault it with is there are some characters obviously stronger than others, but when is that not going to happen? DBFZ right now is the best shape its been so far balance wise with the bulk of the cast being very viable to use.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

:what: Lots of characters in Smash have a counterpart with the same moveset with the only difference being that they are little faster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At least there's 80 characters

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's not as big of a deal in the new smash since it isn't a fighting game
and in any case the competitive community will just keep playing melee until the last gamecube on earth collapses into a pile of rust

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Cross Tag is poo poo, don't let the team anywhere near DBFZ

BBTAG is the best modern headlining fg showing up on main stages right now, it's good.

It's also the only sprite based one without a bunch of slowing down for 3d camera pans or cinematics, and has super high damage.

Those might be related.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Xrd is good bitch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

xrd is rad

dbzf is cool and fun

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

BBTAG is the best modern headlining fg showing up on main stages right now, it's good.

It's also the only sprite based one without a bunch of slowing down for 3d camera pans or cinematics, and has super high damage.

Those might be related.

Weird way to spell Tekken 7 but okay

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the sprites for tekken are insane, you can’t even tell

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

RevolverDivider posted:

Play FEXL, nerd

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

b_d posted:

the sprites for tekken are insane, you can’t even tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjQpni_bzo

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
DBFZ is pretty good and I hope the dev team get the time and the resources to iterate on it. DBFZ2, if it's allowed to grow to adulthood without too much corporate fuckery, will be insane.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

DBFZ needs higher damage and more defensive options. Also every loving combo basically being a true blockstring gets really old when you fall for the same exact mixup 3 times in a row. At least Cell isn't mandatory if you want to actually win a match now. It's definitely more well tuned than it was at launch.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's not as big of a deal in the new smash since it isn't a fighting game

Neat thing in the game is that if you play Classic Mode as Ryu, it turns into a mock-up Street Fighter. All the matches are one-on-one with no items, a health bar system and more leveled stages. All the opponents are meant to represent SF2 characters, like fighting a green Donkey Kong at the jungle stage with Blanka's BGM playing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/prototypeoflife/status/1072621706290872322

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So what in the world is this? Actual ads in the game? I just saw the base game was priced down to $7.99 on Steam but I have to buy that and a character pack if I want Guile but I still have to watch ads? I enjoyed the SF4 games a lot but I guess I should avoid this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/1018911132327632897

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't pay money for SFV it's months away from going F2P most likely. It's always felt like a F2P game since day one that inexplicably cost 100s of dollars, but the loading screen ads are too obvious, it's going to happen soon. Probably something they announce after the CPT is done

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

In Training posted:

Don't pay money for SFV it's months away from going F2P most likely. It's always felt like a F2P game since day one that inexplicably cost 100s of dollars, but the loading screen ads are too obvious, it's going to happen soon. Probably something they announce after the CPT is done

There's no way there's anyone in this thread who's on the fence about buying SFV almost 3 years in

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I especially like the ads ON THE CHARACTERS.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

At least Monster Hunter remains pure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Monster Hunter makes so much money for Capcom as is they don't need to do anything with it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Monster Hunter makes so much money for Capcom as is they don't need to do anything with it.

You say that like that reason has stopped any company ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop caring about SFV and care about the actual cool capcom game coming out DMC5

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Stop caring about SFV and care about the actual cool capcom game coming out

But they haven't announced the new Ace Attorney yet.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/FGC_Akhos/status/1072643962614235136

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's no way there's anyone in this thread who's on the fence about buying SFV almost 3 years in

I only came in here cause I saw the sale. I drifted away from fighting games the past few years so I couldn't justify paying full price. When I saw the pop up on Steam it got me interested though cause I'll gently caress around with it if it's the price of a pack of smokes.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I kinda like some of the design decisions they did in V after 4 (simplified controls, V-skills/triggers), but it's not as good as I'd like it to be, and the competition is really tough? Oh yeah the input lag and bad netcode though.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the in game advertising is
a: optional
b: funnier than their previous ways to get money

so it's ok by me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ultramega posted:

DBFZ needs higher damage and more defensive options. Also every loving combo basically being a true blockstring gets really old when you fall for the same exact mixup 3 times in a row. At least Cell isn't mandatory if you want to actually win a match now. It's definitely more well tuned than it was at launch.

Higher damage, what? Maybe when the game was new and everyone was doing poo poo combos danage was low but that ain't now. DBFZ is effectively a 2 touch kill per character game as long as your team is optimized.

Better defensive options I will agree with though.