Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, that came out a week or two ago, but I thought we were supposed to be getting a new one sometime today?

It premiered today but won’t be out online until tomorrow, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Aww, man. This is the movie people were guessing was an adaptation of the Grant Morrison comic, Nameless.
Compare the symbol in the movie (which Gunn had previously posted as a teaser) to this one in the comic:

Actually, in looking up Nameless, I found this interview with Morrison and Gunn in the lead-up to the comic where they talk about possibly adapting We3 (another GM comic.)
https://comicbook.com/2014/10/14/grant-morrison-and-james-gunn-discuss-nameless-and-a-possible-we/
So maybe it's still be a stealth Nameless thing.
In the comic, the symbol was a rune on an evil satan asteroid that turned people crazy and homicidal. The kid could have a chunk of it as a stand-in for kryptonite or some poo poo.

edit:
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1019384549221027840

The whole thing is obviously 'what if superman was a creepy evil kid', so why not?

lol i cant believe its just the brand of sacrifice from berserk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Caught a press screening a week ago and it's a marvelous film. See it in a theater if you can. I can't even describe how good the sound design is.

Vintersorg posted:

Disney is creatively bankrupt. gently caress all their poo poo.

This forever, But also now FOX :(

bruckner posted:

A new dune trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzf_tYNWnXA

Actually, it's fan made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35PWRL0GquM

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trailer for the fanmade Shrek remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB5ib4ouxes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/godzillamovie/status/1072174128923209729?s=21

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress YEAH

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOv1kV-ElJI

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sounds like a sweet Dance Dance Revolution track circa 2005.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

feedmyleg posted:

Sounds like a sweet Dance Dance Revolution track circa 2005.

Pretty much, but I like it anyway.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I am so loving ready for this movie. I just had flashbacks of Saturday afternoon movies on WFLD from my childhood.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Where does this fall in the Godzilla timeline in relation to Shin Godzilla?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

uPen posted:

Separate continuities until that Godzilla is involved in another Toho or WB film like how Zilla appeared in Final Wars and got wrecked in about 10 seconds.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

uPen posted:

And Godzooooookyyyyy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Is it just me, or is the music at the end a bombastic rework of the theme song from the Godzilla cartoon?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The one I would like to see is the smog monster.

Obviously we have a lot of problems with the environment and the climate today so I think a monster like that would fit in well.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Wheat Loaf posted:

The one I would like to see is the smog monster.

Obviously we have a lot of problems with the environment and the climate today so I think a monster like that would fit in well.

I can't clearly identify why - I seem to recall it had a really off-beat tone & mood and I'm very susceptible to that - but I've always held it as my favourite.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I still think Cold War is the best trailer I've seen all year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSYHHLk12x8

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ynohtna posted:

I can't clearly identify why - I seem to recall it had a really off-beat tone & mood and I'm very susceptible to that - but I've always held it as my favourite.

It's the only monster that can transform into a flying saucer.

There's this one cross-section of Hedorah's anatomy which makes it look even weirder and more alien. It is too bad that I can't read Japanese, though. :(

Edit:

The best line from Hedorah's Wikipedia page:

quote:

[Godzilla vs Hedorah director Yoshimitsu Banno] also stated that Hedorah's vertically tilted eyes were based on vaginas, which he considered "scary".

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Some of the sections are describing what gets secreted or stored/produced in its body. There’s elements produced by its body, like strontium and cadmium. I’m in bed and my kanji is terrible.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's the only monster that can transform into a flying saucer.

Oh my goodness! I demand to speak with your Internet Posting manager at once, I demand a refund on this horrible Gamera-erasing post

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I never made the connection, which is surprising because that's not dissimilar-looking to the UFO I saw myself many years ago.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sorry to burst your bubble but someone just lit their pet turtle on fire and chucked it through the air

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is that Mothra coming out of the ground or some other insectoid kaju?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

In addition to the big 4 (Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan) it’s been announced there are I think 2 additional MUTOS in the movie. That’s probably one of them and may actually be a callback to the original Oppenheimer teaser showing a dead centipede-like Kaiju which didn’t show up in Godzilla 14.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The one that is a hill looked like it could be Baragon or Anguirus

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

The one rising from the mountain looked like Anguirus to me, the spines seem like a dead giveaway (unless they're meant to be a dirty fakeout).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna need a frame by frame analysis here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are they going for broke in just this one movie? Doesn't sound like they're leaving much for sequels.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lobok posted:

Are they going for broke in just this one movie? Doesn't sound like they're leaving much for sequels.

He's fighting King Kong in the next movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vintersorg posted:

He's fighting King Kong in the next movie.

Ohhh right. Totally forgot about that. Kong is gonna have to bring it after a movie with Godzilla against all these monsters.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just don't have alternate endings for US / Japan.

Because everybody knows Godzilla would kick King Kong's rear end.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kiimo posted:

Just don't have alternate endings for US / Japan.

So... does Godzilla shrink or Kong grow in a battle scenario?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Adam Wingard spoke to IGN at Comic-Con where the Death Note director made it clear that the size difference between Kong and Godzilla is something he knows about, meaning it will likely be a non-issue by the time the movie begins filming. While Wingard didn't exactly share how the two of them will be able to look each other in the eyes, Wingard referenced a moment from Kong: Skull Island as one possible "out." In the film -- which takes place in the 1970's -- John C. Reily's character says that Kong is not done growing yet, implying that he will hit a real growth spurt in the some 40 years between Skull Island and Godzilla Vs. Kong.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

In Skull Island (great movie) Kong was already way bigger than he usually is and even in that they said he's still growing.

e:f,b

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Wingard feels like he would have been an interesting choice six of his movies ago

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
You think the guy who made A Horrible Way to Die would've been the better choice?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wyngarde?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiimo posted:

Godzilla and Kong gonna team up to fight Destroyah or whatever ultra-MUTO thing. Godzilla will die in the fight, enabling Kong to claim his title of King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Downton Abbey teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYnITeDfaA4

I hope the plot revolves around Bates and Anna's baby being arrested for murder.