Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

What makes ASF's vote less of a joke vote than IP's? They both functionally took place at the exact same time (within a minute as you point out) and the day did indeed end seven minutes later.

On the topic of scum coordinating, what do you think of Birdstrike pushing so hard across multiple posts today to get us to vote ASF instead of IP? I quoted them for convenience.

It's possible that Birb could have some sort of win condition to kill the person with the heart and wants to spare IP to let him kill IP later. It would make sense that there might be a 3p who is also trying to get the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Interesting. Do you mind elaborating at all?

where there is light....

there is darkness....

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

It's possible that Birb could have some sort of win condition to kill the person with the heart and wants to spare IP to let him kill IP later. It would make sense that there might be a 3p who is also trying to get the heart.

nothing Sal said about me there is true and it’s still better than pod’s false narrative play

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Sal, what does this have to do with ASF's vote being scummier than IP's? I'm sorry but I'm still not understanding your logic there.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ASF must have a strong scumpower if Pod’s worries about him getting lunched

##vote asf

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

nothing Sal said about me there is true and it’s still better than pod’s false narrative play

You can say it's a false narrative all you want without explaining what's false about it, sure. Works for plenty of folks and presidents! But I quoted your posts last page, and they clearly indicate a sustained push against ASF over IP without any meaningful reason why that shouldn't also apply to IP.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

You can say it's a false narrative all you want without explaining what's false about it, sure. Works for plenty of folks and presidents! But I quoted your posts last page, and they clearly indicate a sustained push against ASF over IP without any meaningful reason why that shouldn't also apply to IP.

the other votes look like part of a conversation. ASF’s doesn’t, and the day ending soon after that looks opportunistic. This doesn’t make IP town, the vote doesn’t read as overtly scummy to me.

most of what you call “a sustained push” was talking about setup or role reasons why IP may be more or less scummy. it didn’t help because I think they’re null tells

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the other votes look like part of a conversation. ASF’s doesn’t, and the day ending soon after that looks opportunistic. This doesn’t make IP town, the vote doesn’t read as overtly scummy to me.

most of what you call “a sustained push” was talking about setup or role reasons why IP may be more or less scummy. it didn’t help because I think they’re null tells

Hey birb, did you end D1 early?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Sal, what does this have to do with ASF's vote being scummier than IP's? I'm sorry but I'm still not understanding your logic there.

Excuse me, I was just looking at the last part of your post and glossed over the first.

I think I was just buying into what Birb was selling about ASF vs IP. I still like ASF is slightly scummier because he voted last. But going by that logic you could say I looked the scummiest because I post "Hello I am playing mafia" (my only post) and then boom night is over. I don't know. I probably shouldn't be posting while tired.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hey birb, did you end D1 early?

no (I was asleep)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the other votes look like part of a conversation. ASF’s doesn’t, and the day ending soon after that looks opportunistic.

Yes Pod, I couldn't think of how to phrase it, but this is what my feelings are as well.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Upon a reread and looking at the timings, I actually do see your point on how ASF was voting in response to an imgay post from the previous page in a way that doesn't flow smoothly with the conversation at that point.

I'm gonna sleep on this.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo and ASF had already even responded to the imgay post without a vote, and then went back to add the vote about 30 min later right before the day ends. I see it.

Regardless please don't vote anyone up yet, I would like to see responses since day 1 was cut so short.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Honestly I know it looks bad but I was really just D1 shitposting. I thought up what I thought was a funny reason to throw out a vote and went with it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ice Phoenix, if you have absolutely anything useful please claim it now.

##vote IcePhoenix

I do not like this push for a claim this early in the day.
No sir I do not.

Nor do I like somewhat haphazard voting off the back of what happened yesterday.
(Though to be fair in a game this small I'm assuming the instahammer wombo combo was a 1 shot type ability)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
this game is like brexit

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
IP does having the Heart impose some kind of posting restriction? ASF do you have any thoughts and feelings about D1? I think you 2 are probably the most key here and you have both been suspiciously quiet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

G'morning everyone. Work was busy yesterday and I was kinda fried afterwards so I just sorta relaxed for a bit before going to bed early, sorry.

SalTheBard posted:

IP does having the Heart impose some kind of posting restriction? ASF do you have any thoughts and feelings about D1? I think you 2 are probably the most key here and you have both been suspiciously quiet

No restriction! Just didn't want to post a lot yesterday without much to add at the time + the previously mentioned stuff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll try to get my thoughts in on stuff that was said yesterday between work stuff but first off I just wanna confirm what Pod said about the d1 masonry. Obviously I can't confirm anything about d2 since I was removed from it at the start of the day, like he said.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So on what happened yesterday:

I agree with Infinitum that it seems like a oneshot power, especially given that this is a four day/night game. If it was rechargeable in any way that seems bonkers powerful to remove half the days in the game.

Obviously I'm biased, but I don't think the votes themselves can be read into too much. It makes just as much sense (to me at least) for scum to be not voting so as to cast suspicion on everyone else as it does for them to be voting to get some kills in. Obviously they can see the joke votes and know that they're safe, so why not just end the day, get some kills, and let the town tear themselves apart the next day as well. And now, as a bonus, they know where the heart is.

I don't think that knowledge was necessarily intended by the mod, if you look at the specific wording of the transfer:

quote:

The Heart will be randomly distributed among their voters: IcePhoenix
Then clearly we only know where it is because I was the only voter at the time.

As for why I'm alive? Well, there are multiple possibilities, I think. B- could have used his power, I know Pod questions that line of thinking, and I get the logic, but I can also see him keeping it secret in case he was worried about scum in an unconfirmed masonry. There's also the simple answer of me being a likely protect target if there's a doc, or watched if there's a watcher. This brings me back to that the game is four days/nights. The winning team needs to have the heart at the end of the fourth night. So since leaving me alive will clearly bring suspicion, why not just let town tear into me, and then make sure you get as many votes on me as possible? Either you win the die roll and nobody knows you have the heart with two days left, or you have a clear list of targets with three nights to take a shot at stealing it. All while buying yourself another day.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I'm pretty much always quiet, it's something I need to improve on.

My feelings are basically that given how D1 normally plays out scum wouldn't have had to coordinate anything, it was pretty much inevitable that a bunch of different people would get joke votes on them early day one, scum really just had to wait for that to happen to drop the hammer.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm pretty much always quiet, it's something I need to improve on.

My feelings are basically that given how D1 normally plays out scum wouldn't have had to coordinate anything, it was pretty much inevitable that a bunch of different people would get joke votes on them early day one, scum really just had to wait for that to happen to drop the hammer.

The question is, would scum drop the hammer without also tossing an extra vote (aka free kill) into the mix?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IP my gut says you're scum, as I feel your last post is potentially a little too self aware.

I feel like if you were town that scum would have started singling you out early in the day to get the ball rolling on a potential lynch, or at least having you in the back of peoples mind when the time came.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infinitum posted:

IP my gut says you're scum, as I feel your last post is potentially a little too self aware.

I feel like if you were town that scum would have started singling you out early in the day to get the ball rolling on a potential lynch, or at least having you in the back of peoples mind when the time came.

You mean like Tobbs has been doing?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
icephonics who scum?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

You mean like Tobbs has been doing?

Who is potentially bussing you for towncred as he's been a bit of a standout as well

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Who is potentially bussing you for towncred as he's been a bit of a standout as well

Don't worry friendfinitum I'm a good magical girl.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
IcePhoenix please claim and comment on ASF, in whatever order you please. Thank you!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This game is so frustrating right now. We had a super short Day 1 and now the people who are in the hot seat (ASF and IP) are just flat out not posting (I understand that they HAVE posted but not enough to generate much thread action). I still think ASF looks scummier in the whole thing for reasons that others have stated.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, I would also like ASF to comment on IP and HAWKE (numbers person) given how hard HAWKE was pushing them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

This game is so frustrating right now. We had a super short Day 1 and now the people who are in the hot seat (ASF and IP) are just flat out not posting (I understand that they HAVE posted but not enough to generate much thread action). I still think ASF looks scummier in the whole thing for reasons that others have stated.

Sal we were just posting together in the Survivor thread! You know I was busy :colbert:

Tobbs still pings me more than anyone else.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Suss on IP for dropping the 3rd single vote before ability use. Also doesn't he have heart? If he's town why not kill him?

Immediately throws suss on me for living when there are several possible reasons.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

K re-explaining

Above post looks fake to me. Was pretty obvious it was a scum masterplay.

Having 3 townies flip D1 with practically no info fucks us pretty bad, so coming in with upbeat commentary like this rings false.

Like, I saw those flips and was thinking "gently caress, we're hosed already." Townie holding heart dead, heart being held by A) scum or B) town who scum knows has it is the worst thing, literally.

Happy to put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Sal

And would love to hear from people who haven't chimed in yet.

Flips to Sal based on one comment.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote

Not convinced you're town yet, but I'd really like to see everyone contribute. I've had my say.

Also looking like a role madness, we may get lucky and someone has an investigator result.

Also also if there are 3 scum (standard for this size game I'd think) then turboing is possible and we are already at MYLO.

Casually calls for an investigator to claim. Also realizes we could be at MYLO so he unvotes but

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ice Phoenix, if you have absolutely anything useful please claim it now.

##vote IcePhoenix

pressure votes me with like 47 hours left in the day

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice fake case. you have two seconds to admit to being the moonman before i vig you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

IcePhoenix please claim and comment on ASF, in whatever order you please. Thank you!

ASF looks bad but it's not that uncommon for people to post so close together, especially in jokephase. It doesn't really ping me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GulagDolls posted:

nice fake case. you have two seconds to admit to being the moonman before i vig you

this is not anime gulag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWX-6pTcxQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote IcePhoenix

Pinging me slightly harder than Tobbs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Sal we were just posting together in the Survivor thread! You know I was busy :colbert:

RIP Christian you were too good for this world.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

ASF looks bad but it's not that uncommon for people to post so close together, especially in jokephase. It doesn't really ping me.

Please elaborate on why ASF looks "bad" and also claim. I have a vig and I'm going to use it on either you or ASF, so this is your chance to convince me and drop any other scum reads besides Tobbs.

ASF, same to you but talk about Ice instead.

People besides IcePhoenix/ASF:
Mechanically, what do you think of the fact that town has a better chance at reclaiming the Heart if we vote IcePhoenix out? Ice was involved in the D1 stuff in a suspicious way and has not died despite holding the Heart. Either he was protected, redirect shenanigans happened, or he's scum. Numbers-wise, town stands a better chance of regaining the heart via the vote as we have a majority currently (otherwise the game would be over). I am somewhat surprised that nobody's brought this up besides birb going "hmm voting heart bad".

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is your vig day or night or do you want to reveal that?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Is your vig day or night or do you want to reveal that?

No thank you. What do you think about ASF v. IP? You may have mentioned it before, but I'd appreciate it if you could restate/elaborate. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

No thank you. What do you think about ASF v. IP? You may have mentioned it before, but I'd appreciate it if you could restate/elaborate. Thank you!

I think vigging IP is the better idea that way we at least know where the heart went (as opposed to letting someone do it at night). I'm worried though that on the weird off chance that both IP and ASF are town thats 2 more dead town with 3rd at night and then I think it's game over at that point.