Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Best thing about drag race moving to vh1 is they don’t geoblock their preview stuff, my body is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm so bummed they moved it to Fridays. Gay bars need that work week skrilla!!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

I'm so bummed they moved it to Fridays. Gay bars need that work week skrilla!!

Mainstreaming :v:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’ve never been out to watch drag race but out of curiosity since I recently moved I thought I’d google it and every dedicated gay bar listed as such on google for my city has been shut down for lisencing violations

🤔

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I prefer Fridays because I can go out and enjoy the show and not have to worry about work the next morning. /old

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

I prefer Fridays because I can go out and enjoy the show and not have to worry about work the next morning. /old

That's fair tbh. I wonder how well it'll clash with Fridays typically being a busy night with a different event already scheduled tho. Show probably benefits in that way from being on p early esp if you're on the west coast.

I'm just concerned about it being packed some nights lmao, viewing parties can be hard enough to find seating on already. Plus it helps the businesses to have a super busy Thursday, or Monday or any other weekday this show has aired on in its history lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

That's fair tbh. I wonder how well it'll clash with Fridays typically being a busy night with a different event already scheduled tho. Show probably benefits in that way from being on p early esp if you're on the west coast.

I dunno how it is in Canada but American west coast channels are tape delayed so you can't watch early unless you're illegally streaming or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

I dunno how it is in Canada but American west coast channels are tape delayed so you can't watch early unless you're illegally streaming or something.

RIP. We typically get channels for both coasts, so our bars do a 5pm (easten air time) screening and an 8pm one lol

In other news, mildly related b/c Ginger Minj is in it, but Dumplin' on Netflix is very cute and Jennifer Aniston is very good

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I'm the world's oldest 24 year old so I like enjoying my trashy reality TV shows in relative silence and calm, so I doubt I'll ever go to a viewing party.
I am, however, currently living in Darienne Lake's home city so I really need to get around to seeing a regular drag show one of these days.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Holy poo poo balls that preview

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm the world's oldest 24 year old so I like enjoying my trashy reality TV shows in relative silence and calm, so I doubt I'll ever go to a viewing party.
I am, however, currently living in Darienne Lake's home city so I really need to get around to seeing a regular drag show one of these days.

And Pandora Boxx's home city!

Don't go to actual Darien Lake unless you want to catch a severe case of tornado bait.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I really like random freeze framing while watching tv I thought this one from the preview was a doozy

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Even in a trailer Latrice is still lovely :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...Christmas Queens was 40 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

actually I’ll take that back; the 30 seconds of Mayhem’s Krampus runway were perfection.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 12, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

the escape goat posted:

...Christmas Queens was 40 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

actually I’ll take that back; the 30 seconds of Mayhem’s Krampus runway were perfection.

This summarizes my feelings on it as well

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I'm actually disappointed that Mayhem can't pull the Krampus reveal, she used her one chance on the xmas special

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Monique's reaction to Gia calling Trinity a monster is sending meee

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I broke and watched the 15min preview and now I'm in an eternal state of gagged and I don't think my wig's gna return from orbit til Friday.

The editing seem off to anyone else, though?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dunno about editing but sound levels on dialogue were hosed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It seemed weirdly chopped up in the beginning, made me wonder if they're doing another weird skit framing thing with the Hall of Fame girls and cut it out of the preview.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

They totally chopped out the surrounding video, but really we only care about the entrances for now so I didn't mind.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

They totally chopped out the surrounding video, but really we only care about the entrances for now so I didn't mind.

Oh, agreed.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I miss when I could watch this on Wednesday nights because it's Wednesday night and I'm not watching this :argh:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i didn't really think about it beforehand but every second of Valentina's screentime made me ecstatic that she's back. bitch is a villain, 110%, and i can't wait for theatrical melodramatic shennanigans

this cast walks all over the AS3 cast tbh

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

i didn't really think about it beforehand but every second of Valentina's screentime made me ecstatic that she's back. bitch is a villain, 110%, and i can't wait for theatrical melodramatic shennanigans

Has there ever been a queen that was thought to be the hero and turned out to be the villain? Valentina is a total modern day Disney villain, hiding in plain sight the whole time, until revealing themselves to be the mastermind behind all the treachery.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I love her coming in and pulling a phi phi but I think she’s more capable of living up to it without cracking the shits with the format

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah I didn't think AS3 was that strong either; they seemed to be trying to do a redemption season thing and picked queens that were seen as "robbed" in various degrees, (Ben, Trixie, Milk, Thorgy, etc) without thinking much about the cast dynamics. So in the end the whole season finished kinda flaccid. AS4 on the other hand is definitely cast for entertainment and drama (and talent, for the most part) and I'm all here for it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I <3 Villaintina. Feel your telenovela oats, girl.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

alf_pogs posted:

AS3 didn't have Monique Heart (and Latrice) so it pales in comparison.

Now I'm going to go watch those 15 minutes again... :allears:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83SowqTi6c

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Please allow me to recommend this video where Shangela goes back-to-back with a professional chef and tries to make churros using only the chef's verbal instructions as her guide because holy god I loved it so much

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Miz Cracker has done two of those now, and she is both a woman and a chef.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gonna need a Drag Race crossover episode with Nailed It! stat.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm so here for more queens to be on Bon Appetit, but

caligulamprey posted:

holy gently caress holy gently caress

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Shangela trying to melt butter on a cutting board and then on a burner that wasn't even turned on was such a Shangela thing to do.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

caligulamprey posted:

Fffffffuck yes

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

caligulamprey posted:

I was watching the holiday episodes of Nailed It tonight, and there was a hot gay guy competing in an episode. So I decided to look him up on facebook.

Of course we have 16 friends in common.

We don't even live in the same city.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

I was watching the holiday episodes of Nailed It tonight, and there was a hot gay guy competing in an episode. So I decided to look him up on facebook.

Of course we have 16 friends in common.

We don't even live in the same city.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only dude creepin' on Nailed It hotties.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Was the really buff guy who was in the first episode of the Nailed It Holiday Special?
He was a firefighter? I can't remember, he was too handsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Andrew_1985 posted:

Was the really buff guy who was in the first episode of the Nailed It Holiday Special?
He was a firefighter? I can't remember, he was too handsome.

No, the spandex dude in the next episode