Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Honestly I was surprised to see Felicia on an episode of All Work No Play, she's been like completely -gone- from everything since that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know nothing about Geek & Sundry outside of the first 20 episodes of Critical Role, and the only other thing I know about Felicia Day is that old "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" video from ages ago. Is she a big deal within some particular niche of the community or something?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Addamere posted:

I know nothing about Geek & Sundry outside of the first 20 episodes of Critical Role, and the only other thing I know about Felicia Day is that old "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" video from ages ago. Is she a big deal within some particular niche of the community or something?

She started Geek and Sundry

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Addamere posted:

G&S was her company at first, just like Nerdist was Hardwick's. They both sold to Legendary a few years back.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Addamere posted:

Felicia Day has sort of been positioned as a "queen of the nerds" because she's a cute redhead who acted in Joss Whedon stuff and made a web series about being an MMO nerd. Geek & Sundry started as her paid content channel with Wil Wheaton, who's essentially her male counterpart in nerd culture.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Felicia Day has sort of been positioned as a "queen of the nerds" because she's a cute redhead who acted in Joss Whedon stuff and made a web series about being an MMO nerd. Geek & Sundry started as her paid content channel with Wil Wheaton, who's essentially her male counterpart in nerd culture.

thanks, this somewhat explains the reactions in twitch/youtube comments

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I also believe she dropped off the face of the internet because she was having a baby. She didn't even announce she was pregnant until weeks before delivery so she kept a pretty tight wrap on that. She hasn't been seen much since either, aside from the AWNP episode.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
She’s also been a bit busy being the current head mad scientist in the newest couple seasons of Mystery Science Theater 3000, so there’s that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Did no one mention Deborah Ann Woll is appearing?

Rip Daredevil, Karen Page is Marisha Ray

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
They announced a Live Show One-Shot for January, and it’s going to be (Campaign 1 final episode spoilers)The Search for Grog in Pandemonium, with Travis and Liam playing new characters.

Hype As gently caress

I hope that somehow Percy loses an arm.

Silynt fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 11, 2018

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Silynt posted:

They announced a Live Show One-Shot for January, and it’s going to be (Campaign 1 final episode spoilers)The Search for Grog in Pandemonium, with Travis and Liam playing new characters.

Hype As gently caress

I hope that somehow Percy loses an arm.

gently caress yes I'm so in.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
I just noticed that there isn’t anything in the announcement that says the show will be streamed or that VOD will be available. I hope that’s an oversight, because I’d honestly be more upset if this one-shot didn’t make it to VOD than a main campaign episode.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Originally there was info about it being on twitch and then youtube but there isn't anymore and I'm trying to chill because I am so :kingsley: about this.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kraps posted:

Originally there was info about it being on twitch and then youtube but there isn't anymore and I'm trying to chill because I am so :kingsley: about this.

I'm close enough to it I'm tempted to go, I just don't want to pay the 250 for VIP.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Silynt posted:

Hype As gently caress

Yes, that... that is a great summary of this. Holy poo poo, they're actually doing it!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Kraps posted:

I was curious about this as well. I mean, they must be able to put it out to the internet at large just logistically, right? Hopefully they explicitly state when it'll be put out there for the masses at some point, really don't want to miss out on this.

With so much of their fans being unable to attend live shows or events I think there'd be enough backlash if it didn't get put on the internet that they wouldn't go for it if they couldn't record it and put it out there as a VOD type thing at least, if not a stream.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I would be legitimately surprised and confused if the one-shot was never streamed or released to YouTube and it would be extremely unlike Critical Role to keep it exclusive to the event, so I don't think we'll need to worry.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just reminded myself Molly existed and drat Caduceus is better in every way and I am so glad that change happened.

With the exception of Yasha, who isn't fleshed out or as interesting due to circumstances, the rest of the cast to me are of equal interest in character and fleshed out especially compared to season one where there were grave imbalances.

Lid fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 13, 2018

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010
I would guess that they're more fully looking into the audio setup in this theater, given the semi-disaster the NYC stream became. Making it a canon one-shot outside of the current campaign means it's far more palatable to end up just recording it and releasing a polished VOD rather than forcing themselves into streaming and being stuck with a sub-par audio situation again.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
From what I recall it was a sub-par audio situation even for people at the last live show. Imagine sitting all the way in the back and never, ever hearing Ashley.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just noticed Deborah Ann Woll is also going to be running a game on Alpha, so I think LDN might be trying to see if they can find a new cast for when CR inevitably flies the nest altogether?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

They've been sort of trying to do that for awhile with stuff like We're Alive and LA by Night and whatever Eric Campbell is running since Shield of Tomorrow stopped. LDN's been trying to make lightning strike twice but they've yet to hit on a combination of a great DM/great cast/compelling story that's caught audience attention like CR. They also haven't seemed to grasp yet that most people don't have the time or attention span to keep up with multiple shows with 3-4 hour long episodes. So for any new show to be successful, it has to either draw in a completely different audience from CR or else has to draw audience away from them. Which is a big ask.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
LA By Night might have a shot because V:TM is different enough from D&D that it has it's own niche but it's not gonna be helped by White Wolf basically having had to be grounded and it's phone privileges revoked by daddy Paradox.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

LA by Night is pretty good, honestly. The Malkavian player they had on did a good job of playing to the clan.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

LA by Night is pretty good, honestly. The Malkavian player they had on did a good job of playing to the clan.

Oh no, I agree, LA by Night is great. And Xander Jeanerett (the Malk player) is actually going to be on the new D&D show as well (he's also on We're Alive and he's been on Dread: Madness - he's a busy bee). He's very likable.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I think Sam didn't know Taliesin already did an approval/applause gif.

https://i.imgur.com/WLe3xhb.mp4

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I was a bit wary of watching LA by Night at first, because V:TM never felt like my thing, but it's way better than I expected.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh man a Liam Christmas one-shot

what unexpected body horror will be sprung upon us this time

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Blockhouse posted:

Oh man a Liam Christmas one-shot

what unexpected body horror will be sprung upon us this time

I Have No Dice and I Must Roll

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this episode is already a comedy of errors

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Jester is so bad at keeping secrets.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That Gnome is a serial killer. No question.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Funzo posted:

That Gnome is a serial killer. No question.

And she's gonna steal the dodecahedron

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarklyDreaming posted:

And she's gonna steal the dodecahedron

not watching but why would someone steal an innocent d12

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Fjord's bullshit detector is ringing off the hook

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I look forward to this character being the newest Big Bad

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

There is absolutely no way she's not sinister in some capacity.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I loving love the exasperated parents that are Fjord and Beau.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

All aboard the goddamn Balleater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuwiKhons posted:

All aboard the goddamn Balleater.

this episode loving rules