Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kim Justice posted:

Just in case you thought that might be an exaggeration:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1072285499048497152

Boogie feels the need to point out, in the light of a man hitting his freaking pregnant wife, that he thinks the wife shouting and throwing cardboard (clearly a lethal device) with no other context than the clip is also bad, AND believes that the kids should be taken away from both of them (a TRULY fantastic solution Boogie! Really, brilliant. The crimes of the woman are clearly as bad as the man here, ergo they should all go into care - truly a great environment to grow up in, you utter poo poo). Oh, and the man has previous domestic violence arrests from his relationship with his ex girlfriend/mother of the children. And was also caught on stream calling his two year old daughter a oval office for having the temerity to try and get his attention while playing Fortnite.

Another new low for the World's Friendliest Gamer then. Kinda makes me depressed to be honest.

lmfao

castrate all gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:420:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I feel this is a good time to remember that Boogie is a divorcee and has an ex-girlfriend who reported at length how he expects women to be full-time responsible for men's emotional well-being while placing theirs last.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

I feel this is a good time to remember that Boogie is a divorcee and has an ex-girlfriend who reported at length how he expects women to be full-time responsible for men's emotional well-being while placing theirs last.
He's 44 :stare:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Again, I'd like to ask just what the hell it is about Boogie that makes him worth paying attention to outside of producing a new version of the @dril drunk driving tweet every two weeks. He is a deeply unpleasant person in every quantifiable regard. Even his name is a word for something gross that comes out of your nose. What possible reason would someone have to look at his content in the first place? God knows I love a lot of work by a lot of artists who run the range from "problematic" to "Should be Under the Jail," but at least those artists made something that was worth the struggle.

Did Boogie make the "I Started Out As A Child" or "Manhattan" of screaming at Super Mario or what?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Boogie is the kind of person who would play Witcher 3 and think that the Baron and his Wife were equally wrong. (Even though the Baron beat her so badly that she miscarried)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember Boogie coming to my attention for Francis, which was already borderline-offensive shtick, and then watching one of his 'regular' videos and finding that well being already run dry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Boogie is the kind of person who would solve the Judgement of Solomon dilemma by actually cutting the baby in half because it’s only fair and right that both women walk away with at least half a baby. Also because Boogie doesn’t know how baby works. Or how women work.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm surprised Boogie didn't lambaste the children for crying and not using logic to solve the situation.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Even his name is a word for something gross that comes out of your nose.

:smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kim Justice posted:

Boogie feels the need to point out, in the light of a man hitting his freaking pregnant girlfriend, that he thinks the woman shouting and throwing cardboard (clearly a lethal device) with no other context than the clip is also bad, AND believes that the kids should be taken away from both of them (a TRULY fantastic solution Boogie! Really, brilliant. The crimes of the woman are clearly as bad as the man here, ergo they should all go into care - truly a great environment to grow up in, you utter poo poo). Oh, and the man has previous domestic violence arrests from his relationship with his ex girlfriend/mother of the children. And was also caught on stream calling his two year old daughter a oval office for having the temerity to try and get his attention while playing Fortnite.

Another new low for the World's Friendliest Gamer then. Kinda makes me depressed to be honest.

jesus christ boogie, is it that loving hard to take a side on anything.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Boogie is the kind of person who would play Witcher 3 and think that the Baron and his Wife were equally wrong. (Even though the Baron beat her so badly that she miscarried)

For those of you who think the wife hosed up, i agree.

For those who think baron hosed up far, far worse I agree.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Has anyone actually ever posted a Boogie video itt or just his hot take tweets?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

boogie makes videos?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like booger1488

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hey guys here's a fun joke for you, how do you get a napkin to provide cover for bigotry and abuse?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The thing that pisses me off more than anything really is you *still* get a whole load of people, big YouTubers and the like, people who I otherwise have a lot of respect for, who point at him and are all like "he's so inspirational! He's so nice and friendly!" when clearly he goes through this constant cycle of really awful hot takes and destructive viciousness followed by a pity party. Like, do they not know? Or not care to, just ignore all this poo poo?

I have more respect for flat-out chuds than I do for him. A chud is at least gonna give you a straight plate of poo poo, but Boogie dresses up his nastiness in this completely different both sides way, almost designed to piss off everyone, like he's speaking on high and delivering a reasonable opinion when it's anything but and the moment it breaks, in comes the pity. Over and over and over.

And so that pisses me off. All the genuine and good people on the platform, and the one who gets paraded around as this nice and inspirational friendly man is this loving sociopath.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 11, 2018

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The actually genuine and good people on the platform usually don't feel the need to make being genuine and good their platform. If you really need to market yourself based on your self-portrayed friendliness you're probably a huge jerk.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

I remember Boogie coming to my attention for Francis, which was already borderline-offensive shtick, and then watching one of his 'regular' videos and finding that well being already run dry.
So did his regular videos start when people realized he wasn’t playing a character

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

had to come back to the thread cuz i saw boogie both siding domestic violence. how has this dumb gently caress not learned.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

WampaLord posted:

Has anyone actually ever posted a Boogie video itt or just his hot take tweets?

i posted a video of him badly doing the sitting on the toilet song. twice I think. which also is a good representation of his videos.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

i posted a video of him badly doing the sitting on the toilet song. twice I think. which also is a good representation of his videos.

I didn't realize that was Boogie.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Every video I've seen of Boogie has been of him either screaming about video games or screaming about women, so I don't imagine this thread is really missing much. What's the Numa Numa kid up to these days? Did he turn into an awful chud too?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Every video I've seen of Boogie has been of him either screaming about video games or screaming about women, so I don't imagine this thread is really missing much. What's the Numa Numa kid up to these days? Did he turn into an awful chud too?

The reason I asked is that the purpose of this thread should be to talk about the content creators whose content gets posted, whereas we seem to all talk about Boogie whenever he tweets but no one actually discusses Boogie content.

Maybe this thread shouldn't be the Boogie's Hot Takes Tweet Zone half the time is my point, essentially.

In terms of actual cool and good content, Noah Gervais put out his video about Fallout 76 and shockingly, it is not just ripping on the game for the entire video, in fact, his argument is that coming into it with low expectations led to him enjoying the experience more than expected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYQvlLylQ0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

sir, please don't post that youtube trash in this thread about podcasts and radio shows.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kim Justice posted:

Boogie feels the need to point out, in the light of a man hitting his freaking pregnant girlfriend, that he thinks the woman shouting and throwing cardboard (clearly a lethal device) with no other context than the clip is also bad, AND believes that the kids should be taken away from both of them (a TRULY fantastic solution Boogie! Really, brilliant. The crimes of the woman are clearly as bad as the man here, ergo they should all go into care - truly a great environment to grow up in, you utter poo poo). Oh, and the man has previous domestic violence arrests from his relationship with his ex girlfriend/mother of the children. And was also caught on stream calling his two year old daughter a oval office for having the temerity to try and get his attention while playing Fortnite.

I legit hope Boglin1488's heart explodes.

Also :420:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmfao

castrate all gamers

Yes but dude WoW subscriptions are loving expensive.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

nine-gear crow posted:

Boogie is the kind of person who would solve the Judgement of Solomon dilemma by actually cutting the baby in half because it’s only fair and right that both women walk away with at least half a baby. Also because Boogie doesn’t know how baby works. Or how women work.

:drat: That's a good analogy.

Seriously, though, I saw that video, and it was really hard to watch. How do you watch something like that and come away from it thinking, 'yeah, maybe both parties are at fault here'? :psyduck:

Part of me wonders if he's doing it intentionally. Like, I don't know when he started to get like this, but I wonder if his wife leaving him sent him over the edge, and now he's being a centrist contrarian to piss everyone off in an attempt to distance himself from them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boogie's the kinda dude who'd argue that maybe you shouldn't have kept such a delicious baby in the house if you weren't willing to share it with any dingo desperate enough to break in.

:420: :snoop: :420:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

Seriously, though, I saw that video, and it was really hard to watch. How do you watch something like that and come away from it thinking, 'yeah, maybe both parties are at fault here'? :psyduck:

Part of me wonders if he's doing it intentionally. Like, I don't know when he started to get like this, but I wonder if his wife leaving him sent him over the edge, and now he's being a centrist contrarian to piss everyone off in an attempt to distance himself from them.

In this case I can only assume it's tying in with his own childhood, so he's remembering how he felt as a child, and that prevents him from really rational thought about the situation.

Not that dude normally has any kind of rational thought in his stupid drat tweets, but I'm willing to cut him a modicum of slack in this one particular case.

He still dumb as poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Max Wilco posted:

Like, I don't know when he started to get like this

He's always been like this, all ~centrists~ always have been, it's just that only recently have they been pushed to constantly keep up their brainless "MUH BOTH SIIIIDES, RATIONAAALLLLLL" poo poo in defense of neo-nazis.

Centrism is spineless, "D-don't rock the boat" bootlicker poo poo when you're too much of a coward to imagine changing the status quo, even if that means breathlessly both sides'ing neo-nazis and the minorities they want to kill.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 12, 2018

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

He simply buys into that horrible bullshit The Daily Show did several years back "Rally to Restore Sanity" where collaboration in the sane, moderate center was key to happiness. It was awful and aged extremely poorly. Even the trash that passes for the show now doesn't even come close to that thing in terms of influencing someone political outlook.

When Bill Maher, of all people, says something correct in response to that rally then you've gone and screwed up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jimbot posted:

He simply buys into that horrible bullshit The Daily Show did several years back "Rally to Restore Sanity" where collaboration in the sane, moderate center was key to happiness. It was awful and aged extremely poorly. Even the trash that passes for the show now doesn't even come close to that thing in terms of influencing someone political outlook.

When Bill Maher, of all people, says something correct in response to that rally then you've gone and screwed up.

They should have just stuck with the original premise of that rally: mocking the poo poo out of what a crazy dingbat Glenn Beck was/is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Max Wilco posted:

maybe but i think its opposite intention. he was always a big "lets all be best friends" type so now he is doing it even harder in hopes of anyone being his friend.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

don't blame it on his son's crying
don't blame it on the Fortnite
don't blame it on both sides
blame it on the Boogie

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want some new HBomb content. Or just more panic at the presence of womz to the tune of dies irae

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sonic adventure 2 is a really bad game even if i do like some parts of it. the only unambiguously good 3d sonic game was generations and even then it falls the gently caress apart at the end (i still have no idea what the gently caress is happening during the final boss fight).

if more of the sonic adventure games were like metal harbor or speed highway and they axed the godfuckingawful mech sections and treasure hunt sections, really just everything that wasn't the sonic/shadow (and in sa1, tails) levels, they could've been good games even if they kept all the jank that even the good sonic levels had (cannot even begin to count how often i'd just fall through the fuckin floor and poo poo like that).

but i will say this: at least they were better games than sonic 4. holy gently caress sonic 4 was atrocious, i don't think that game gets anywhere near the amount of hate it deserves. just, gently caress, what a terrible, terrible piece of poo poo.

I need to attempt to go back to both of them at some point, but honestly I always had more of an appreciation for SA1 over 2. I think it comes down to game pacing - SA1 lets you stick with a single character and breaks up the levels with the "open world" stuff, whereas SA2 is all about the two competing factions and the story, so you can never just play as Sonic, the game will inevitably rotate him out for Tails or Knuckles and the only other thing breaking up the levels are more cutscenes. Also E-102's gameplay felt way better in general than Tails/Robotnik.

Also SA2 critically lacks Big the Cat. :colbert:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Has Georg Rockall-Schmidt ever been posted? Here did a decent video on the latest Robin Hood film, which was pure garbage. (Evergreen saying but don't read the comments.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubOvHnQypw

bessantj fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 12, 2018

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Noah Caldwell-Gervais has uploaded a surprisingly positive review of Fallout 76. It kinda makes me want to try it out. I like exploring huge empty worlds and hoarding crap.

The last line is a hoot!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SimonChris posted:

Noah Caldwell-Gervais has uploaded a surprisingly positive review of Fallout 76. It kinda makes me want to try it out. I like exploring huge empty worlds and hoarding crap.

The last line is a hoot!

It's interesting that I'm seeing more and more reviews like this, starting with Many a True Nerd on down. Lots of people do seem to find Fallout 76 entertaining and even fun from a very precisely managed set of expectations, some of which they had to adjust while actually playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

SimonChris posted:

The last line is a hoot!

Oh god, please don't give Bethesda money for this game of all things.