Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

This update may have fixed my stranger and gang hideout bugs. Three strangers that never activated properly all gave me missions, and two gang hideouts activated and were completed correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm playing RDR1 while waiting for 2 to patch and this feels so primitive now after spending a month super deep into 2.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Getting a perfect rabbit carcass is probably not supposed to be difficult but apparently I'm real bad at this game.

Go hunt the legendary buck if you can at this point, then craft the legendary buck trinket at a fence. That trinket plus the varmint rifle makes rabbit-sized stuff a lot easier. Basically just hit them at all. I got my rabbit, muskrat, badger, opossum, and raccoon pelts while doing drive-bys on the horse

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ve yet to see a single muskrat, opossum, or badger anywhere in the game and I’ve finished the story.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

ApathyGifted posted:

Well gambler challenge #8 and whoever thought it up can go gently caress themselves with a rusty shovel. I've managed to hit 3 times without busting on 5 different hands in the last half hour and the dealer has pushed every single time. It can't even give me the decency of just letting him win outright, it has to be a push just to twist the knife a little more.

Edit: I just had 2 splits in a row where both hands allowed me to hit 3 times, and got pushes all around. I just shot the dealer in the face and ran away, gently caress this bullshit.

If it makes you feel any better, while I was doing this challenge I split a pair of 2's, hit there times on both hands, won both hands with a 20 and 21, and neither one counted toward the challenge.. gently caress gambler 8.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Please tell me that, like the Zybourne Clock references in Fallout: NV, there was a goon on the dev team whomst'd've been responsible for Teddy Brown running around yelling I AM PROTECTED

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

ApathyGifted posted:

Well gambler challenge #8 and whoever thought it up can go gently caress themselves with a rusty shovel. I've managed to hit 3 times without busting on 5 different hands in the last half hour and the dealer has pushed every single time. It can't even give me the decency of just letting him win outright, it has to be a push just to twist the knife a little more.

Edit: I just had 2 splits in a row where both hands allowed me to hit 3 times, and got pushes all around. I just shot the dealer in the face and ran away, gently caress this bullshit.

I finished Gambler 8, 9, and 10 in about 3 hours last night. Guess I was just super lucky. After I finished 10 I went and did some stuff for an hour then shut down for the night.

Woke up this morning, got the patch notification and when I finally got in game it wasn’t showing 9 and 10. loving auto save.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Post-Epilogue 2 question : What happened to Sadie and Charles? Who was Sadie writing to? I missed or didn’t understand some of the credits cutscenes.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Came home to cowboy and everything is being weird. Tried to start the game and an update notice popped up. Usually not a poblem as Xbone does what's needed when it needs to, usually. Ok, update. Then everything hangs and Xbox restarts.

Now downloading the full 92.5 Gb game as is if it were never installed, which is taking forever because I'm in a Comcast market and it is slower than something unbelievably slow this evening, I assume because other people are rootin and tootin while I wait.

PlisskensEyePatch fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 12, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’ve yet to see a single muskrat, opossum, or badger anywhere in the game and I’ve finished the story.

The best way to know your near a possum is when you hear some godawful screeching screaming at night. Its generally one of those little virginia opossums.

At this point i listen for the sound cue more than try to spot them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Starks posted:

Post-Epilogue 2 question : What happened to Sadie and Charles? Who was Sadie writing to? I missed or didn’t understand some of the credits cutscenes.

Sadie just went back to bounty hunting, Charles left and went to Canada to find his people. That wasn’t Sadie writing, it was Mary Beth, she’s a lusty romance novelist author now. You can see references to her stuff in the papers and find her at the Valentine train station where she’ll catch up with you on what she’s been up to.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

Came home to cowboy and everything is being weird. Tried to start the game and an update notice popped up. Usually not a poblem as Xbone does what's needed when it needs to, usually. Ok, update. Then everything hangs and Xbox restarts.

Now downloading the full 92.5 Gb game as is if it were never installed, which is taking forever because I'm in a Comcast market and it is slower than something unbelievably slow this evening, I assume because other people are rootin and tootin while I wait.

Apparently this happens if the update is interrupted or cancelled in any way. Sorry dude

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Douchebag posted:

I finished Gambler 8, 9, and 10 in about 3 hours last night. Guess I was just super lucky. After I finished 10 I went and did some stuff for an hour then shut down for the night.

Woke up this morning, got the patch notification and when I finally got in game it wasn’t showing 9 and 10. loving auto save.

The autosave in this game is incredibly bad. Like, it only seems to save once every 2 hours. Early on I lost about that much progress so just disabled it and resigned myself to manual saving every 15 minutes or whenever I stowed a perfect pelt or completed a challenge.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Churchill posted:

Apparently this happens if the update is interrupted or cancelled in any way. Sorry dude

Nice of them to implement some of the features of fallout 76

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Was there ever an explanation to what happened to Cain? The stray dog you pick up at camp?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
I wish 100% completion unlocked something in-game. Oh well. Time to spend the rest of my days in RDO fishing and shooting birds.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Is this a bug or intentional:
There sometimes chests in the back of wagons at the online gang hideouts but I can't climb up into the wagon to get to them no matter what I try.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Flannelette posted:

There sometimes chests in the back of wagons at the online gang hideouts but I can't climb up into the wagon to get to them no matter what I try.

Did you use eagle eye to check wether they were lootable? Cause if not, probably intentional for whatever reason.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

screaden posted:

Was there ever an explanation to what happened to Cain? The stray dog you pick up at camp?

It's implied from camp conversations that Micah killed him.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Flannelette posted:

I've seen this as well. And yes, they appear as lootable in eagle vision. Never been able to get to them, so I imagine it's a bug. They're the only wagons I've not been able to climb or jump onto.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

UnknownMercenary posted:

That motherfucker :argh:

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Didn't see that crop up, I just pushed through the missions towards the end. But goddamn. OF COURSE it was him.

Also after finally finishing, the epilogues were one of the most miserable gaming experiences I think I've had, a lot of games struggle in their last act but I've never quite seen such a sheer drop in quality like this. Whoever said the whole thing felt like it was just bolted on late in development I think was spot on because everything about it sucked, gameplay-wise, narrative-wise, thematically-wise, fun-wise, it just failed at every turn. I nearly turned it off in disgust.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

screaden posted:

Didn't see that crop up, I just pushed through the missions towards the end. But goddamn. OF COURSE it was him.

Yeah, I got it as one of the early conversations in the Chapter 6 hideout. Jack is wandering around camp asking everyone where Cain went and then Micah yells at him saying that the dog is never coming back. If you talk to him, Arthur angrily asks what the hell Micah did to the dog.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 12, 2018

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
All the more reason to hate that motherfucker.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

YMMV, but at least for me, the 1.04 patch made online much more stable than it had been previously. Played a bit over two hours and only got booted of twice (it used to happen every 5-10 minutes). I played a handful of stranger missions in New Austin and around Rhodes/Saint Denis pretty much without issue.

The highlight was when I stumbled upon someone that had gotten in trouble with the law then holed up inside the little greenhouse where you get the exotic fetch quests in story mode. I watched him take out about thirty lawmen who kept politely filing through the door one at a time in an attempt to take him down.

At one point he was critically wounded and bleeding out so I ran in there and revived him to allow the carnage to continue. Second time it happened one of the lawmen executed him on the ground.

Godspeed, thebiggie. I wore your hat for the rest of my session as a reminder of the three dozen cops you murdered. I also looted them all which was pretty convenient for me; thanks for that.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm playing RDR1 while waiting for 2 to patch and this feels so primitive now after spending a month super deep into 2.

On the other hand, i sorely miss being able whistle for my horse while in a dead sprint and have my horse run up alongside me so i can jump on without stopping. I haven't been able to get mine to do that in RDR 2, he just sort of trots behind me until i stop and get on.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

On the other hand, i sorely miss being able whistle for my horse while in a dead sprint and have my horse run up alongside me so i can jump on without stopping. I haven't been able to get mine to do that in RDR 2, he just sort of trots behind me until i stop and get on.

I’ve had this same issue in general when whistling for my horse. No matter what, he seems to stop 10 feet or so short of where you are, so instead of getting to jump on and take off, you have to back track to the horse, jump on, and reorient the camera so you can run in the direction intended.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Has there been any movement on the theory that a remastered RDR1 in RDR2's engine might eventually be added on as DLC? Or is it just assumption and speculation? I figure they kept most of the old map around since it was already designed and it gives you more room to play in RDO, but it still seems like a huge amount of effort if that wasn't an idea at some point. I haven't done the glitch but apparently all of Mexico is also explorable? Not sure what kind of programming reason there is to include an area that big and not allow anyone into it.

RDR2 endgame spoilers: There's also a bunch for you to unlock in New Austin as John that seems weird since there isn't much for you to do as him. Three legendary pelts and at least one revolver I've found. I could see them having all of your outfits and unlocks and stuff carry over into RDR1 if they went that route.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Is it possible to complete gunslinger 9 before you unlock the ability to fire while remaining in deadeye? I saw someone say you can do it with a shotgun (pump, auto) if you keep some distance.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A detail I noticed last night while doing the epilogue mission where you chase a bounty out of a hotel window is that if you drop down on your horse from above you automatically sprawl out and clamber up to mount it like that's what you were intending to do the entire time.

This game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

History Comes Inside! posted:

A detail I noticed last night while doing the epilogue mission where you chase a bounty out of a hotel window is that if you drop down on your horse from above you automatically sprawl out and clamber up to mount it like that's what you were intending to do the entire time.

This game.

You can land right on the saddle too and take off immediately. I first noticed that after staying in the Strawberry hotel for a night. Your horse gets parked right under your balcony so it's the perfect exit. Though Arthur does a quick mid-air 180 to land facing forward, which seemed a little too acrobatic for him.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
Why do I get karma hits when I kill assholes who shoot at me first?

Also, my griefers are terrible at the game. I am not saying I am good at this game by a long shot, but these assholes are bad. Like worse than AI bandit bad. They usually come at me 2-3 at a time and I usually kill them all multiple times before they get me, but they always cackle like loons whenever they tag me like they are "pwning" me. Simple tactics like ducking into bushes or rounding the corners of buildings and waiting in ambush get them every time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's weird, a dude rolled up on me and lasso'd me and dragged me for a bit, actually took a decent chunk of my health out. I broke out, shot him in the head, and I got bad boy points lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

screaden posted:

Also after finally finishing, the epilogues were one of the most miserable gaming experiences I think I've had, a lot of games struggle in their last act but I've never quite seen such a sheer drop in quality like this. Whoever said the whole thing felt like it was just bolted on late in development I think was spot on because everything about it sucked, gameplay-wise, narrative-wise, thematically-wise, fun-wise, it just failed at every turn. I nearly turned it off in disgust.

Wow, lotta you goons apparently hate shooting bad guy cowboys in this cowboy simulator. Ya bunch of Micha's.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah it's weird, a dude rolled up on me and lasso'd me and dragged me for a bit, actually took a decent chunk of my health out. I broke out, shot him in the head, and I got bad boy points lol

I had a similar experience in town, that ended with the cops shooting me (but not them). I guess the game doesn’t consider the lasso an aggressive act, which really needs to be changed for rdo imo

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
in case anyone was wondering: no - you cannot use the hogtied woman you just rescued from being kidnapped as currency. in fact this will only increase the bounty you are trying to pay off immediately upon walking into the mailroom with her over your shoulder

maybe i forgot to take my mask off tho idk :thunk:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Endgame free roam: Was wandering the desert near Tumbleweed and saw a large wooden house in the distance. As I ride in close it blows up. Massive loving explosion. Horse nearly bucks me off she's so startled. No one else around, no corpses in the wreckage. Only searchable item anywhere in the vicinity is a loot box with some revolver ammo in it. Game offers no explanation and John doesn't even bother to mention it in his journal. Just another day in the Old West, I guess!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Hobo Clown posted:

Endgame free roam: Was wandering the desert near Tumbleweed and saw a large wooden house in the distance. As I ride in close it blows up. Massive loving explosion. Horse nearly bucks me off she's so startled. No one else around, no corpses in the wreckage. Only searchable item anywhere in the vicinity is a loot box with some revolver ammo in it. Game offers no explanation and John doesn't even bother to mention it in his journal. Just another day in the Old West, I guess!

They were brewing moonshine and it blew up, you can see the still in the wreckage. I thought I remembered seeing a toasty corpse as well, might be mistaken though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is RDO worth playing yet? Or should I wait for more content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

Is RDO worth playing yet? Or should I wait for more content?

GTAO was hot garbage when they launched it(or still is on who you ask) but they just keep releasing poo poo for that game. They also fixed alot of issues during the first couple months. The original RDO was the same way. I think it's worth playing to see what it is and how they can improve upon it eventually. Or just complain like the rest of us.