Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Lol @ getting ratioed on yahoo answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
They will live underground. Well that certainly answers... none of the question, but thank you for trying, ol' musky

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
musk is still pining for those emerald mines

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Ctrctive_Critic/status/1072324817267974146?s=20

I love car.
Please send help, Elong.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The constructive critic:

don't like a car?

take it apart and put it back together!

don't know how?

ask for the person you paid $60k+ for it to provide you with instructions!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/laura_nelson/status/1072711560047472641?s=20

https://twitter.com/librab103/status/1072717028946075648?s=20

https://twitter.com/prosperityks/status/1072800094892765185?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1072865428047720450

lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Blue checkmark = loaner
No blue checkmark = no loaner

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PlugInFUD/status/1072842275397476352?s=20

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/scot_work/status/1072842272801087488?s=20

Lmao @ the ”try again later” guy.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

orcinus posted:

Blue checkmark = loaner
No blue checkmark = no loaner

i mean the AI will probably take care of it

whatever :shrug:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

:lol: my $20k Honda has better fit and finish than a $70k luxury car. The only issue I've ever had was that they forgot to take the protective film off the rear passenger door handle.

https://twitter.com/anton_medellin/status/1072870245067452425

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
^^^ I love car.

https://twitter.com/Vlad61403993/status/1072706350533099520?s=20

Asked for it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

shaming the brand

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

wow such an efficient customer experience

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please o' lord Musk may I have means of transport while your blessed creation which loving shat itself with no warning in the middle of a trip after months of ownership gets repaired?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Vlad sorta wins that guy over in the end:

https://twitter.com/WbauJack/status/1072717450972524545

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Unlimited Supercharging * **

* where available
** limited quantities available

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
***You'll be banned if you use it too much

****No, we won't tell you how much is too much

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Tesla tweets reminds me of the good tsar fallacy, where peasants living under the Russian empire kept believing that while everything about their society was poo poo and and all other officials corrupt, it was only because the tsar who is good and great hadn't yet learned about their problems. If you just tweet at him hard enough he'll fix everything overnight as soon as he hears about it. I mean look at how nice he was to that other lowly peasant who was granted audience, he smiled and promised to fix all his problems too.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

There’s more than a few class action lawsuits from lemon model 3 owners.
Someone even had a tracker up.

Willing to bet they’ll all end up settled.

I’m gonna start sounding like a conspiracy nut, but someone even did a nice SEO / social media engineering job on them - can’t find a single source with a list of them, even though there was a list of like 20 of them linked around a month ago.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orcinus posted:

I’m gonna start sounding like a conspiracy nut, but someone even did a nice SEO / social media engineering job on them - can’t find a single source with a list of them, even though there was a list of like 20 of them linked around a month ago.

Lemon Musk

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

BioMe posted:

Tesla tweets reminds me of the good tsar fallacy, where peasants living under the Russian empire kept believing that while everything about their society was poo poo and and all other officials corrupt, it was only because the tsar who is good and great hadn't yet learned about their problems. If you just tweet at him hard enough he'll fix everything overnight as soon as he hears about it. I mean look at how nice he was to that other lowly peasant who was granted audience, he smiled and promised to fix all his problems too.

yeah but the russians eventually caught on

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BioMe posted:

its also how crack smoking Toronto failmayor Rob Ford ran his office. He did gently caress all that an actual mayor should be doing and instead manned the 311 line which is a phone number you can call to complain about clogged gutters or burnt out streetlights. So you'd call that number and the loving Mayor of the biggest city in the country would pick up and you'd tell him about the pothole in front of your house and he'd show up with a convoy of black escalades and stand out front of your house with you, while HE called 311 to get an actual city crew down there to fill in the pothole.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

orcinus posted:

Yeah I was trying to look up Tripps legal documents and court statements a month or so ago and even that is tough now, though a few sites still have the images up. There is definitely an Anti-SEO team at work within Tesla

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

bring back old gbs posted:

Yeah I was trying to look up Tripps legal documents and court statements a month or so ago and even that is tough now, though a few sites still have the images up. There is definitely an Anti-SEO team at work within Tesla

PlainSite might help:
https://www.plainsite.org/profiles/index.html?id=3260910

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

bring back old gbs posted:

its also how crack smoking Toronto failmayor Rob Ford ran his office. He did gently caress all that an actual mayor should be doing and instead manned the 311 line which is a phone number you can call to complain about clogged gutters or burnt out streetlights. So you'd call that number and the loving Mayor of the biggest city in the country would pick up and you'd tell him about the pothole in front of your house and he'd show up with a convoy of black escalades and stand out front of your house with you, while HE called 311 to get an actual city crew down there to fill in the pothole.

he truly was taken from us too early

[F]

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

How much of Elon's 120 hour work week is furiously F5ing his Twitter feed so he can personally intervene every time a bazinga forgets to top up his wiper fluid?

Only $TSLA could believe that he's simultaneously taking us to Mars, while graciously micromanaging the piss-mopping operations at the very lowest levels of his organisation.

Wachter has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Dec 12, 2018

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

he truly was taken from us too early

[F]

a man asks God, how am i supposed to live, without George H.W. BushRob Ford
God simply said "That is why I made 2 george bushsFords"
The man just smiled.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wachter posted:

How much of Elon's 120 hour work week is furiously F5ing his Twitter feed so he can personally intervene every time a bazinga forgets to top up his wiper fluid?

All of it

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I once bought a wrx with 150k on the clock without a title, for cash, from a sketchy dude in the parking lot of an abandoned warehouse and it gave me significantly less problems than the average Tesla seems to.

It even had frameless windows

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Wachter posted:

Only $TSLA could believe that he's simultaneously taking us to Mars, while graciously micromanaging the piss-mopping operations at the very lowest levels of his organisation.

Hate to bring it up but that's another parallel with star citizens. They too spend thousands of dollars on a non-functional and non-existent video game. And then all they care about is talking about menial labor, like mopping space ships, delivering packages.

The people in the SC thread think that there is a strand of people working in tech-related job that is bored out of their minds. These individuals want to roleplay being important as is shown by them possessing spaceships that cost the equivalent of a small nation's GDP. But they also want to do the most menial poo poo in order to experience things that are 'real'. In their ships that can essentially jump through spacetime they wanna vacuum themselves instead of having a Roomba. They want to stack shelves. Deliver packages and play cook in their cafetaria. Maybe Elon is part of that cult.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SamAntar/status/1072908923945005056

Lord Stimperor posted:

They want to stack shelves. Deliver packages and play cook in their cafetaria. Maybe Elon is part of that cult.

Elon would force his kids and wife to man the turrets, to prove he’s the alpha of the relationship

orcinus has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Dec 12, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Rated PG-34 posted:

a man asks God, how am i supposed to live, without George H.W. BushRob Ford
God simply said "That is why I made 2 george bushsFords"
The man just smiled.

it's good that he died before he was able to beat his wife and child to death

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zomgapocalypse/status/1072864199557160960

So loving stupid.
Let’s not put windshield controls on the stalks so they’re symmetric.
Let’s rely on auto wipers based on a loving camera.

You won’t care.

Drives me irrationally angry.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

orcinus posted:

Drives me irrationally angry.

At least you can be driven.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

otoh i get kinda ebullient at knowing tesla cars are a flaming garbage pile

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

drgitlin posted:

The Elonstans are out in full effect today. Some of them are posting that, because humans don't use lidar, self-driving cars shouldn't use lidar.

ijskalsjkla i just laughed and spit all over my monitor

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

gschmidl posted:

At least you can be driven.

Without hitting a firetruck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Star Citizens want unnecessary tedium simulators in their spaceship JPEGs.

Bazingas want unnecessary space-age whizmogadgets during their tedious commutes.

They both profess to be part of a meaningful movement (future of games/saving the planet) but the real draw is being part of an exclusive cognoscenti.

At least with Tesla some people can point to an actual, tangible thing and say "my money bought that".