Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

We bought my daughter (now 2.5) one of those bears when she turned one. She crawled and crawled all over him. She loves him, his name is Costco. He is the lord protector of her stuffed animals and he gets plenty of attention. We see his brothers and sisters and cousins when we visit Costco and she excitedly shrieks "COSTCO!" whenever she sees them.

I'm raising her up in the flock, brethren.

We love Costco.

Doing the Lord’s work my dude. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Reiterating previous request as to what Costco liquor is good. The bottles of cognac have been calling my name at night

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kirkland Bourbon is fine to mix but I wouldn't drink it on the rocks.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

I think it depends upon who is making it in any given year. I've had it in the past where it was perfectly palatable and went through a couple of bottles of it. It's like the French vodka, where the manufacturer changes over time. That one is always good though, and cheap as hell.

The anejo tequila was pretty good last time I had it, but I bought that bottle in the UK so I'm not sure if it's the same as what they have in the US.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there used to be this thread about someone who worked at Costco and their return stories

does anyone recall that and know the link to the thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nm, it was on another message board I used to go to

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey so I bought a pair of the Urban Star jeans for 14.99 yesterday and they are pretty loving comfortable.

They are stretchy and look pretty good.

A++ deffo gonna buy some more.

https://www.costco.com/Urban-Star-Men%27s-Relaxed-Fit-Jean.product.100084867.html

Its these but they only had blue in store. I might check out the black and grey though.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 12, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FogHelmut posted:

The new "7-year bourbon" was pretty good, and made an appearance at several family functions and was heartily consumed. The 12 year scotch also.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you're gonna buy bourbon to mix just get the giant bottle of Jim Beam. Its a really good deal.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Hey so I bought a pair of the Urban Star jeans for 14.99 yesterday and they are pretty loving comfortable.

They are stretchy and look pretty good.

A++ deffo gonna buy some more.

https://www.costco.com/Urban-Star-Men%27s-Relaxed-Fit-Jean.product.100084867.html

Its these but they only had blue in store. I might check out the black and grey though.

Those jeans rule. I have two pairs and they make all other non-stretchy jeans feel like wearing burlap sacks on my legs, plus the stretchiness doesn't lead to them being all wrinkled from the dryer like a lot of other stretchy material clothing can get. Highly recommended, and at that price!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Those jeans rule. I have two pairs and they make all other non-stretchy jeans feel like wearing burlap sacks on my legs, plus the stretchiness doesn't lead to them being all wrinkled from the dryer like a lot of other stretchy material clothing can get. Highly recommended, and at that price!!

Yeah not gonna lie I was kinda worried that they wouldn't be that great but I've been wearing them all day and they are comfortable as poo poo.

They feel super soft too which is nice.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Killing Loaf posted:

What's the good Costco liquor? I remember seeing discussion about a Kirkland brand whiskey or something a while back but can't find it.

Cognac. The Kirkland XO Cognac is a steal at the price it is here in California. Best cognac ever? No. Half the price of comparable XO cognacs? Hell yeah.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta give a shout out to Kirkland Vodka( American ) and the Kirkland Spiced rum. Both are great steals and great for mixers. Special shout out to the rum which was actually real smooth by itself as a shot. It is P. sweet tho. Very heavily spiced with vanilla. So you'll essentially make hard vanilla cokes when you mix it with a coke.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

hey guys what if costco sold weeeeeeeeeeeed

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

El Jebus posted:

Cognac. The Kirkland XO Cognac is a steal at the price it is here in California. Best cognac ever? No. Half the price of comparable XO cognacs? Hell yeah.

Thanks, just picked this up and it's exactly what I was looking for! I spent a little under 50 here in GA.

Mr. Clark2 posted:

give it a few years

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Killing Loaf posted:

Thanks, just picked this up and it's exactly what I was looking for! I spent a little under 50 here in GA.

give it a few years

That's about what it is here. Like $48 before tax.

I also like smoking some weed, but I don't think I'd ever need a Costco container of it...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Kirkland, the holiest of lands, kind of does but you have to cross the parking lot.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Kirkland, the holiest of lands, kind of does but you have to cross the parking lot.

The one in Covington also has a weed shop next door

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Like the hot dog and pizza line isnt long enough already

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Chinatown posted:

If you're gonna buy bourbon to mix just get the giant bottle of Jim Beam Evan Williams. Its a really good deal.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I was so pleased when I moved to Seattle and learned that Kirkland was a *real place* :allears:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I lived in the holy land for a few years.

Then my brain broke and I ran out of money and moved back to Wisconsin. I'm not very happy about that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

If you're gonna buy bourbon to mix just get the giant bottle of Jim Beam. Its a really good deal.

Giant bottle of Bulleit is $32, sometimes $30. It's smooth enough to drink on the rocks, but bland enough that you can mix it without feeling guilty.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

they have that at your costco? lucky motherfucker

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Giant bottle of Bulleit is $32, sometimes $30. It's smooth enough to drink on the rocks, but bland enough that you can mix it without feeling guilty.

I had to stop buying it because i drank it too much too fast.

But it is a wise choice indeed.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
One of my Costco tires was slowly leaking and I was stressing out because my work hours weren't lining up with any tire repair places because they closed the same time I got off work. Someone reminded me that Costco has road hazard warranty included, so I walked in on a Tuesday after work and got it fixed for free in an hour while I ate pizza and bought Christmas gifts. They even replaced my lovely valve caps. PBUC.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Chinatown posted:

they have that at your costco? lucky motherfucker

No, no. I live in a state with state liquor stores. I get none of the glorious booze. Just making a general statement.

Edit: we also have state prices on beer and wine, making the co kind of useless for alcohol.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

stealie72 posted:

No, no. I live in a state with state liquor stores. I get none of the glorious booze. Just making a general statement.

Edit: we also have state prices on beer and wine, making the co kind of useless for alcohol.

Pennsylvania? If so, feel your pain brother.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

We bought my daughter (now 2.5) one of those bears when she turned one. She crawled and crawled all over him. She loves him, his name is Costco. He is the lord protector of her stuffed animals and he gets plenty of attention. We see his brothers and sisters and cousins when we visit Costco and she excitedly shrieks "COSTCO!" whenever she sees them.

I'm raising her up in the flock, brethren.

We love Costco.

:3: This is a good story.

Are sherpa throws/blankets called something different? I can only find the velvet throws on costco.com.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

durrneez posted:

Are sherpa throws/blankets called something different? I can only find the velvet throws on costco.com.

No but they might not carry them online.

Also two things need more love in this thread.

First that big rear end box of Aluminum foil sheets that lasts 1000 years. Those things are loving amazing for everything and every house should have a box.

Second the Lucky Brand T-Shirts. They are soft as hell and a great deal at $9.99.

OH YEAH!

Also if you aren't buying your wrapping paper from Costco I dunno what to tell you because that poo poo lasts forever.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

No but they might not carry them online.

Also two things need more love in this thread.

First that big rear end box of Aluminum foil sheets that lasts 1000 years. Those things are loving amazing for everything and every house should have a box.

Second the Lucky Brand T-Shirts. They are soft as hell and a great deal at $9.99.

OH YEAH!

Also if you aren't buying your wrapping paper from Costco I dunno what to tell you because that poo poo lasts forever.

The Costco plastic wrap(for leftovers and such) is the only good plastic wrap in existence, and lasts for the better part of a decade.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Peachfart posted:

The Costco plastic wrap(for leftovers and such) is the only good plastic wrap in existence, and lasts for the better part of a decade.

I have two each of the gigantic rolls of plastic wrap and aluminum foil. They weigh like 20 pounds each. It doesn't matter that scottsdale costco doesn't carry them, because I'm set for life .

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

I have two each of the gigantic rolls of plastic wrap and aluminum foil. They weigh like 20 pounds each. It doesn't matter that scottsdale costco doesn't carry them, because I'm set for life .

I really like the sheets vs the big rear end roll for the aluminum foil.

They wrap up pizza like perfectly.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I'm excited to get my first Costco eye exam tomorrow, then pick out some new glasses.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Also the giant multi-box ziplock bags. A box of every size for the price of like one box at another store. Only available in summer for some reason.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Went to Costco to score some of those dope rear end PJs someone posted a couple of pages ago but they didn't have them. Did get some nautica PJ pants a fleece hoodie to make myself feel better about it though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarcusSA posted:

I really like the sheets vs the big rear end roll for the aluminum foil.

They wrap up pizza like perfectly.

The sheets are the way to go. Rolls you have to deal with that rear end garbage poo poo cutter blade made for idiots and it often just tears down the middle and other awkward poo poo. its the worst loving invention. sheets are loving godly

costco doesnt carry it, but i'd also recommend buying sheet-version of parchment/baking paper. they're just so nice and once you try em you can't go back to mangling with the dull rear end cutters on boxes.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Xaris posted:

The sheets are the way to go. Rolls you have to deal with that rear end garbage poo poo cutter blade made for idiots and it often just tears down the middle and other awkward poo poo. its the worst loving invention. sheets are loving godly

costco doesnt carry it, but i'd also recommend buying sheet-version of parchment/baking paper. they're just so nice and once you try em you can't go back to mangling with the dull rear end cutters on boxes.

I rip out the cutter and just use a knife for it. Works fine.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Is using the little cutter on aluminum foil rolls considered that difficult a task or something?

Pull out, tear down, it doesn't take a savant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah but the sheets are like the perfect size for nearly everything so why bother with the cutter?