Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

im dead

but last time I watched a live card at home #mma had the same guys as 2007 in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
daaaaaaamn

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/1071294342197796864

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
:drat:

The incredibly rare full-body fencing response.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bundt Cake posted:

im dead

but last time I watched a live card at home #mma had the same guys as 2007 in it

It's hard for us old farts with kids. When I talk about people just getting older and not being to watch every card anymore, I'm talking mostly about myself but I know you fit the bill too

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It's hard for us old farts with kids. When I talk about people just getting older and not being to watch every card anymore, I'm talking mostly about myself but I know you fit the bill too

yup me too

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I watch every card but am rarely online for them :(

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

kensei posted:

old fart solidarity :respek:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah, i think im more old than disenfranchised. I dont really follow any of the sports i used to follow casually, and now i merely follow mma strongly rather than psychotically

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

kensei posted:

that makes me happy. someday i hope i can rise again harder and stronger or whatver like mewse said

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 9, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kensei posted:

Yeah I might post in the gdt once or twice during a card but for the most part (like yesterday) I'm watching the fights with my wife and day-drinking so I don't really have a lot of impetus to be online during cards.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

that makes me happy. someday i hope i can rise again harder and stronger or whatver like mewse said

:lol:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
You can convince me Mirko Cro Cop still exists

You can convince me Harold Howard still exists

But you cannot convince me that IRC still exists

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

old fart solidarity :respek:

Yo, with you both on that :respek:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

If I was going to watch one or two Pride FC shows as a showcase of what that wacky promotion was the best at, what would you suggest I look at?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You could probably just do a few fights, including entrances. I think one that's a good mix of freakshow (inexperience, weight difference), skill on display, and entertainment is Nishijima vs Mark Hunt. A cruiserweight pro boxer debuts against an extremely adept HW striker in Mark Hunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19M6nyPupT4

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
MINOWAMAN vs Giant Silva and or Butterbean are also good choices for peak freakshow

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ad by Khad posted:

You can convince me Mirko Cro Cop still exists

You can convince me Harold Howard still exists

But you cannot convince me that IRC still exists

Last time I was on IRC I had to mute some Trump death cult dude. Pretty sure it’s the shortwave band on the internet.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

kimbo305 posted:

You could probably just do a few fights, including entrances. I think one that's a good mix of freakshow (inexperience, weight difference), skill on display, and entertainment is Nishijima vs Mark Hunt. A cruiserweight pro boxer debuts against an extremely adept HW striker in Mark Hunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19M6nyPupT4

I love that Mark Hunt’s recovery method is to take a nap standing up while his opponent bounces ineffectual punches off his Samoan skull.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The best pride fight is Genki Sudo vs Butterbean and the best entrance is Akihiro Gonos 3rd masuki bance entrance

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Genki Sudo was amazing and I'm disappointed it's so hard to find more of his entrances and fights on youtube. His music videos are sweet

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Make sure you watch Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama and Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi if you're watching any PRIDE.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Byolante posted:

The best pride fight is Genki Sudo vs Butterbean and the best entrance is Akihiro Gonos 3rd masuki bance entrance

I just watched this fight holy poo poo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Byolante posted:

The best pride fight is Genki Sudo vs Butterbean

None of Sudo's fights in Japan were under Pride. Though I definitely remember all of his K-1/Hero's fights as Pride, too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdP0AzWbUeA

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chandler has cauliflower face

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

mp5 posted:

If I was going to watch one or two Pride FC shows as a showcase of what that wacky promotion was the best at, what would you suggest I look at?

imo watch the lightweight and light heavyweight grands prix if you want to see pride at its best

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

mp5 posted:

I just watched this fight holy poo poo

There is nothing quite as special as somebody running the ropes in a shoot fight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mp5 posted:

What you want is Pride 1, Dan Severn vs Kimo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

whoa

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1072542028884598786?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

drat that's awesome

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It either ends up being another trainwreck I get to watch on TV, or good competition I get to watch on TV. Very happy either way, more MMA options on TV is always good

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dammmn. Gonna add that to the OP.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MM and Sage gonna get some leftover WCW money, hell yeah.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's shockingly recursive that WME has watered down the product that people liked and wanted that they've created a Turner backed product to add back in the condom depot nostalgia with great fighters.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ONE still allows PRIDE style knees and has Lenne Hardt, right?

Maybe I’ll switch from UFC to ONE straight up.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One still allows knees to grounded opponents, but soccer kicks were banned in 2016. I have no idea about Lenne Hardt though, she usually does Rizin shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

MM and Sage gonna get some leftover WCW money, hell yeah.

Holy gently caress we're gonna get the Monday Night Wars again (not on Mondays) only in MMA instead.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
it's cool that i may get to see DJ fight again on a card i could watch. nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FutureLegendCEO/status/1072873346176614400?s=19