Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

jimmydalad posted:

Solus, do you still want to play?

I will admit I'm at 'hey maybe I should post my role PM and get modkilled' but that's just rude to Max and he doesn't deserve it, I think if I somehow survive this day I'll ask to replace out, but I'll sleep on that decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Solus (4): Kash, Podima, Merk, Solus
merk(3): Toal, Humalong, MMT
Humalong (1): Flying Leatherman
Tired Moritz: (1): BK
Toal (1): hambeet
Kash (1): AA

Not Voting (2): TM, jimmy

Deadline is 9PM EST, 19 Minutes. 7 to lunch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MMT, what do you think of Humalong? Did you read him on your reread? I think there's a lot there and he's likely scum with Toal.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

I will admit I'm at 'hey maybe I should post my role PM and get modkilled' but that's just rude to Max and he doesn't deserve it, I think if I somehow survive this day I'll ask to replace out, but I'll sleep on that decision.

I mean, I'm still a useful role to town, just probably not if I'm playing it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you look at how he reacted to my vote on him, he intentionally misrepresented it to the thread to justify a scum read on me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He also edited my posts to remove critical context that justified what I was doing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SolusLunes posted:

You might laugh, but him calling me scum's patsy makes me suspicious of him. I've become significantly more suspicious of people who call me town, since in most games those people end up as scum.

His arguments are sound, I just... don't trust them.

I'd still rather a Toalpaz vote.

I also wonder if you're just tunneling on me because of some OMGUS stuff, and natural tendency. Our arguments would sound like a town slapfight, but I certainly don't trust you either (and would still prefer your lynch over Toalpaz or Merk.)

If you're town, vote for who you think is scum instead of giving up! :glomp:

merk posted:

MMT, what do you think of Humalong? Did you read him on your reread? I think there's a lot there and he's likely scum with Toal.

I think your case on him is way more suspicious than anything he's posted.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SolusLunes posted:

I mean, I'm still a useful role to town, just probably not if I'm playing it.

solus scum or town you know the proper play is to bus merk, please take a vote on him and ask for a replacement if that's your desire.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m voting ##vote Merk. I refuse to vote for Solus. I cannot feasibly see a scum reacting in this way.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

He also edited my posts to remove critical context that justified what I was doing.

Never edited a single quote. This is loving disgusting. Vote this scum out please.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Solus (4): Kash, Podima, Merk, Solus
merk(4): Toal, Humalong, MMT, Jimmy
Humalong (1): Flying Leatherman

Not Voting (1): TM,

Deadline is 9PM EST, 16 Minutes. 7 to lunch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Look at his post here to make fun of my vote: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876723&userid=116089&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post490667323

He ignores this critical context:

merk posted:

You're doing a very cheap impression of my Toal case, and I don't like it now that I've seen it.

FL's vote is a throwaway vote this late in the day. Scum often make throwaway votes because they don't want to be culpable for any lynch of town. However, if he's scum and we lynchs cum, this throwaway strategy looks bad for him. That is, if FL is scum, it makes me think Toal and Solus are both town.

merk posted:

Humalong is making some bad alignment statements, basically parroting my case on Toal and incorrectly saying FL looks town for a throwaway vote.

He also was completely with the Toal vote (USING MY CASE) until that no longer looked viable and then he switched over to me when that became viable.

##vote Humalong

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I may still be traumatised from watching Sal in CYOR. That was a harrowing read as an observer. If Solus is scum, it’s some master level manipulation so kudos to them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Never edited a single quote. This is loving disgusting. Vote this scum out please.

s/edited/omitted. See, he's doing it again! He is focusing in on gotcha poo poo to misrepresent me whenever he can. He was using my Toal case as his justification to vote Toal and then completely dumped it to vote me when the Toal lynch couldn't happen.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Merk feeling the pressure and desperately trying to push a bad vote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk(4): Toal, Humalong, MMT, Jimmy
Solus (3): Kash, Podima, Solus
Humalong (2): Flying Leatherman, merk

Deadline is 9PM EST, 15 Minutes. 7 to lunch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Merk feeling the pressure and desperately trying to push a bad vote

Look at this stuff. Come on.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Trying to get a Humalong case going at this time makes me more comfortable with the vote. If he does flip town, we’ll definitely have conversation points to go off of.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

s/edited/omitted. See, he's doing it again! He is focusing in on gotcha poo poo to misrepresent me whenever he can. He was using my Toal case as his justification to vote Toal and then completely dumped it to vote me when the Toal lynch couldn't happen.

he quit the vote when you cased him out of nowhere to swerve the vote away from me because you didn't want my flip imo.

and when I called you out on that you went back on me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Accccctually poo poo I'm starting to see the Humalong as scum case :eng99:

Like in a world where Merk is town, I definitely think Hum is scum. gently caress.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can someone explain the case on merk and how it is merk or solus.

When mmt waffled away from all suspicion.

If that was a bad vote who were the scum on it or were scum watching from sidelines?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

I appreciate the fact that you respect my play enough to believe that I would fake frustration and bitterness as scum, and still believe in voting me.

If you're scum after this we are going to have a talk postgame about this kind of emotional manipulation stuff.

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

he quit the vote when you cased him out of nowhere to swerve the vote away from me because you didn't want my flip imo.

and when I called you out on that you went back on me.

Go read what I did again. I was reacting to FL's vote and trying to understand it by reading Humalong.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I jumped off Toal to avoid an early hammer while a bunch of discussion was happening. Then I felt better about your terrible swing onto me and voted you like 30 minutes later. Nice mischaracterization.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whatever, I guess it's back to me. Good luck, town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Like in a world where Merk is town, I definitely think Hum is scum. gently caress.

lets flip merk and find out.

I don't agree at all. But flipping merk = a lunch. Chasing down humalong = no lunch.

Pod and others are splitting the vote into a no lunch. Come on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk(5): Toal, Humalong, MMT, Jimmy, Podima
Solus (2): Kash, Solus
Humalong (2): Flying Leatherman, merk

Deadline is 9PM EST, 12 Minutes. 7 to lunch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

If you're scum after this we are going to have a talk postgame about this kind of emotional manipulation stuff.

##vote merk

Also I'm still mad that I asked you to justify a scummy thing and your answer was "nah" and people seem cool with that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

lets flip merk and find out.

I don't agree at all. But flipping merk = a lunch. Chasing down humalong = no lunch.

Pod and others are splitting the vote into a no lunch. Come on.

This.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

If he does flip town, that’s definitely a place we can start. Toal as well for pushing so hard. Merk is a better vote for lynching than a lurker as we have much more to go off the next day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I dont see the case on merk FWIW, but I also dont get his early game tunnel on toal.

I do see the case on solus but that appeal was real.

Kashuno, mmt and pod look the worst to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If merk flips town and scum uses this to chain lunch me tomorrow just lol.

But I feel pretty drat good about merk being scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal, Humalong, Solus scum team. They kept on me when Solus was going down.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

thanks for voting pod I saw as I posted.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Also I'm still mad that I asked you to justify a scummy thing and your answer was "nah" and people seem cool with that.

That reaction isn't alignment-specific, it's frustration.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (5): Toalpaz, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, Mr. Humalong, jimmydalad, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, SolusLunes, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, Podima
Mr. Humalong (2): Kashuno, BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, BottleKnight, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, merk, merk, merk
SolusLunes (2): Murmur Twin, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Podima, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, merk, SolusLunes, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, merk, Podima
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight
Toalpaz (1): Mr. Humalong, merk, Podima, jimmydalad, hambeet, merk, merk, SolusLunes, jimmydalad, Mr. Humalong, SolusLunes, Podima, merk
Kashuno (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz
hambeet (0): merk, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (0): hambeet, hambeet
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima
Murmur Twin (0): Flying Leatherman, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, hambeet, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, hambeet, Toalpaz, SolusLunes

Not Voting (1): Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Toal, Humalong, Solus scum team. They kept on me when Solus was going down.

You mean I didn’t hammer the guy who voted for himself????? Lmao

Just lmao

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Podima posted:

When you are not in the mood, it’s very hard to work up the motivation to do something. Being depressed during CYOR loving sucked and if the vote went against me that game, I imagine I’d have a similar reaction to Solus.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AA still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

solus please vote merk