Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pewdiepie posted:

Which one?

Well, only time will tell now, won't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

halleys comet posted:

Personally i think its cool how all the guys with super modes and ultimate finishing moves have lost to people who just have good punching technique and/or can punch really hard

this isn't really true though. the 2 ultimate punchers and super mode guys fought each other and will now face the winners

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
in the gensai vs the fang match the fang is going to power up an attack and someone in the audience is going to go, Wait... is he going to use... that technique? and then before he can do anything gensai punches him in the face and kills him instantly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

halleys comet posted:

in the gensai vs the fang match the fang is going to power up an attack and someone in the audience is going to go, Wait... is he going to use... that technique? and then before he can do anything gensai punches him in the face and kills him instantly.

Counterpoint, Fang punches Gensai's fist and it's so powerful that his arm actually goes into his body from the force of it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ohma is going to reflect the rakshasa's palm with that adamantine technique which is the hint he'll face gensai in the final and use it against the devils lance

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
The final adamantine technique lets you relax your muscles temporarily so your opponent gets their hand stuck inside your body, and then you tighten up fully so they get stuck and you can beat them up while they’re defenseless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's clearly going to win using the secret Niko technique so we have to more to go before the final against agito

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That full on Tokita Niko hallucination Setsuna had was crazy looking dude was terrifying

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Are we positive that kazzy isn't really niko?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

tweet my meat posted:

Are we positive that kazzy isn't really niko?

Kazzy being Niko would explain how Kazzy managed to build a bond so quickly with Ohma, and also the immeasurable bloodlust that scared away Julius and the combat reflexes that insta-dodged Ren's ninja needle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Even Niko isn't as competent and intelligent as kazzy

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

niko died in a single fight but kazzy hasn't received so much as a scratch, the man is a combat master

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

THe kures own

https://mangadex.org/chapter/498899/1

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I really wish Setsuna had died fighting Gensai.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao kaneda

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
at least we've finally gotten a look at the guy kazzy has to fight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

at least we've finally gotten a look at the guy kazzy has to fight.

Theres no fighting when kazzy is involved just demolition

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Oh Snapple! posted:

lmao kaneda

I laughed out loud at that gag

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Kures are so great.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God Gaolong looks so good with Kure eyes, that man is just peak handsome.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Kazzy being shocked by setsuna's boner is the greatest part of the manga so far.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChazTurbo posted:

Kazzy being shocked by setsuna's boner is the greatest part of the manga so far.

Setsuna learned the true secret "Devil Lance" technique during his fight with Gensai.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Brought To You By posted:

How come Gaolang lost to Agito then?

Agito accidently (as in not an intentional move) broke Gaolong's hand when Gaolong punched Agito tried a dodge but actually ended up intercepting Gaolong's hand with his elbow. Otherwise Gaolong would have just keep pounding fang into paste.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, Sun Wukong out of nowhere! What?!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was so hoping the secret mystery guy would turn out to be gensai when i saw the silhouette

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've been half-expecting that for a while since it seemed pretty late to introduce the primary antagonist but too many characters would have known his face for it to really make sense.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

quote:

i was so hoping dreading the secret mystery guy would turn out to be gensai when i saw the silhouette

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sindai posted:

I've been half-expecting that for a while since it seemed pretty late to introduce the primary antagonist but too many characters would have known his face for it to really make sense.

We got 3 fights in the tournament left, at least one more chapter of Setsuna flashback and probably another where he gets stomped out of like the 30 that's left. I don't know that there's time left for Advance dude to do anything at this point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah he'll get more focus in the sequel presumably

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Didn't they mention other fighting "leagues", ones that allow weapons and such? I imagine more tournaments with different rules is a way for them to keep going without moar power ups

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Caidin posted:

We got 3 fights in the tournament left, at least one more chapter of Setsuna flashback and probably another where he gets stomped out of like the 30 that's left. I don't know that there's time left for Advance dude to do anything at this point.

Yeah, this just feels like they're backfilling in more of Ohma's missing memory.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Didn't they mention other fighting "leagues", ones that allow weapons and such? I imagine more tournaments with different rules is a way for them to keep going without moar power ups

Mockey guy was the winner of some other underground league, though it was apparently much lamer than the Kengan matches since he got owned.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kengan Ashura goes Full Baki and revives Bruce Lee next arc; he proceeds to one-inch punch Agito in the balls.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It's great how Kazzy can keep up with this fight when it's right in front of him, considering normal people couldn't even follow Setsuna from the stands.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Mockey guy was the winner of some other underground league, though it was apparently much lamer than the Kengan matches since he got owned.

Not everything can be cool as the MURDERMURDERDEATHMURDER tournament

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if Setsuna will survive to the sequel series.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if Setsuna will survive to the sequel series.

With his chronic priapism? no way

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'all are slow today

https://mangadex.org/chapter/499305/1

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm laughing my rear end off that Ohma receiving the secret power up technique consists of him getting punched in the heart a couple of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really hope the anime is good

That CG teaser they showed a while back didn't exactly inspire confidence