Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why would you even want to play Spider-Man with a suit other than the default, the hilarious cel-shaded one, or the awesome homemade one from Homecoming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I haven't played Spider-Man yet, but the Noir suit looks awesome!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Why would you even want to play Spider-Man with a suit other than the default, the hilarious cel-shaded one, or the awesome homemade one from Homecoming?

If you want to see Spider-Man’s boxers

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Yakuza 0’s ending was great, I went from thinking Majima was great to loving him, one of my favorite video game characters, the last scene with him and Makoto tho, where she says his eye was so sad :(((

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

Aren’t there already like two dozen possible suits to choose from in that game? It’s probably just some dumb licensing issue preventing Insomniac from doing it anyway.

Probably so they can take screenshots of the game and caption them with lines from the movies. Or nostalgia. There's no other reason for people to be so mental about it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Edmond Dantes posted:

Speaking of Spiderman; I haven't touched my ps4 in months and was thinking about picking up a $60 card and getting God of War and Spiderman during the upcoming sale (I'm going off Black Friday prices, didn't get them then because I'm dum), but I'm gonna be quite mad if I get it and we get a GOTY including all DLC two months from now at half the price and then the DLC itself never goes on sale again. :argh:

Not really a question, I'm just mad about GOTY editions being cheaper than the DLC you're missing because you got the base game early. Looking at you, HZD. And Skyrim. And DS3.
The DS3 DLC has gone on sale for veeeery cheap, in the UK anyway.

For reference with this stuff, http://psprices.com can show you the price history of things.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wish I had more time to play games. I am trying to concurrently play RDR2, Yak0, Elite, Hollow Knight, Overwatch, and Rocket League. I feel like if I put down any of the 3 single player games in that list I won't be able to go back to them later. I should play games consecutively instead, I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Arist posted:

Also the Stark Suit, Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider and, of course, Spider-Punk. The Last Stand is also great.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mostly stuck with the one you get after doing all the burglar lady's photo missions.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Is there a costume where you're just Peter Parker? There should be.

Bonus points if he wears Spiderman pyjamas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's one where he's just wearing boxers and the mask but otherwise no

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

[x]

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Insomniac, give me the Spider-Man Unlimited suit you cowards! :argh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thronebreaker on PS4 has been patched, and it's supposed to fix the horrible crashing problem. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly test it, but if you were waiting on that to pick it up, it's probably safe to do so now.

Still nothing on Subnautica :sigh:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Arist posted:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey VideoGames what are your thoughts on Tachibana?

Regy Rusty posted:

Thronebreaker on PS4 has been patched, and it's supposed to fix the horrible crashing problem. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly test it, but if you were waiting on that to pick it up, it's probably safe to do so now.

Still nothing on Subnautica :sigh:

:(

I hope they patch up Subnautica soon. It seems like such a cool game.

:lol:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

:(

I hope they patch up Subnautica soon. It seems like such a cool game.

It really sucks because in the short time I played it before I realized how risky it was to play at all, it really got its hooks into me. Even though I bought it after Thronebreaker, I now want to play it even more.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you have a gaming PC then Subnautica is going to be a free download on the new Epic launcher beginning tomorrow until the 27th.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I tried Subnautica on my PC ages ago but it couldn't handle it so I got a refund. I was really counting on the PS4 release.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shadow of the Colossus looks pretty but I couldn't get into it at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what's wrong with the ps4 version of subnautica? that's a real bummer if it's busted

exquisite tea posted:

If you have a gaming PC then Subnautica is going to be a free download on the new Epic launcher beginning tomorrow until the 27th.

huh, that might be worth doing just to try it out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey VideoGames what are your thoughts on Tachibana?

I am very guarded. Suddenly I am given all this power to go up agains the Dojima family? Also, is he really better than the Yakuza he purports to want to take down? I just do not know. I have not decided yet. All I am certain of is that I do not fully trust him yet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

VideoGames posted:

I am very guarded. Suddenly I am given all this power to go up agains the Dojima family? Also, is he really better than the Yakuza he purports to want to take down? I just do not know. I have not decided yet. All I am certain of is that I do not fully trust him yet.

Only trust Majima. With your whole heart.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah I bought Subnautica a while back on Steam but it ran worse than every other game I own. I don’t really like playing games like that on the computer so I figured waiting for a console version was the best choice. The developers hate me apparently. :negative:

VideoGames posted:

I think that’s just about how I felt at the point you’re at, yeah. He’s a very interesting man.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I loved Subnautica until I made the mistake to play creative mode. I spoiled myself with that.

Don't touch Subnautica creative if you enjoy the game, this is my best advice. (Is already released on PS4?).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only trust your fists.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's wrong with the ps4 version of subnautica? that's a real bummer if it's busted

It has a very high chance of crashing any time you try to save. With no autosave and no multiple save slots there is no work around for this. Any time you save it's a coinflip that you might just lose whatever last chunk of content you're trying to preserve.

I've also heard stories of it actually completely corrupting/deleting people's files altogether. That didn't happen to me but I quit playing after 2 crash on saves. It's completely unplayable until this is fixed and it really sucks. I don't know what excuse there can possibly be for releasing a game in this state.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Oh nice!! Gonna grab this

e: oh actually my PC isn’t very good so maybe not if it’s so intensive

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh nice!! Gonna grab this

e: oh actually my PC isn’t very good so maybe not if it’s so intensive

Might as well at least try it since it's free. Hell I might try it again myself and fiddle around with it some more

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

Only trust your fists.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0101492/

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Anyone know the answer to this, just curious to resolve my paranoia.

Was playing Destiny 2 last night and when I went from orbit to the tower the screen blacked out, but the game was working fine. Could hear music and voices and whatnot, just a black screen. This happens infrequently, but it has definitely happened before. So I went to the PS home screen via the button, still black. This has happened before, no problem. I know the menu navigation well enough, so I close the app without vision.

Then I go to hold down the power button long enough to get two beeps, but I hold the disc eject button instead by mistake. Disc pops out, but I was holding that fucker for 10+ seconds. I say gently caress, push the disc back in, wait a a couple seconds, hold the power button, get two beeps and the console shuts off.

Today when booting up my ps4 said the system was not shut down properly etc etc. I've had that before for power surges and whatnot, but not from shutting it down like I did. I shut it down properly I feel. So my paranoia is this: did by holding the eject button down for so long did I do something weird? I mean, I know I didn't, but by not being able to see the loving screen, I'm paranoid.

Do you have a PRO and a 4K HDR tv?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

It has a very high chance of crashing any time you try to save. With no autosave and no multiple save slots there is no work around for this. Any time you save it's a coinflip that you might just lose whatever last chunk of content you're trying to preserve.

I've also heard stories of it actually completely corrupting/deleting people's files altogether. That didn't happen to me but I quit playing after 2 crash on saves. It's completely unplayable until this is fixed and it really sucks. I don't know what excuse there can possibly be for releasing a game in this state.

oof that's just about the worst bug imaginable. hopefully that's fixed soon, or at least before that standalone expansion

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
What's wrong with Subnautica PS4?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

What's wrong with Subnautica PS4?

Try reading my post on this very page and you will see

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Regy Rusty posted:

:eyepop:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

Wow, shameless self-promotion of your own posting.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Couple of questions:

Is Everspace worth it on ps4 or better on pc? It’s currently on sale but I could wait for a pc sale if the ps4 is broken.

How is FFXV compared to launch? I remember it didn’t feel complete but I enjoyed what little I played.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tei posted:

I loved Subnautica until I made the mistake to play creative mode. I spoiled myself with that.

Don't touch Subnautica creative if you enjoy the game, this is my best advice. (Is already released on PS4?).

That’s the case with every similar game for me. As soon as I jump into the creative/everything is free mode I lose interest. Same with cheat codes though they’re mostly dead. No more temptation to make a game boring for me in 5 seconds!

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I hate doing this, but I'm not sure where else to ask: I've had Elex in my wishlist forever, and it's on sale right now at a reasonnable but not impulse buy price. I know it's rough, but is it worth 20 bucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ExCruceLeo posted:

Couple of questions:

Is Everspace worth it on ps4 or better on pc? It’s currently on sale but I could wait for a pc sale if the ps4 is broken.

How is FFXV compared to launch? I remember it didn’t feel complete but I enjoyed what little I played.

Everspace is fantastic and runs perfectly on my launch PS4.

FFXV added a lot of content. Especially with the Royal Edition adding three chunks of DLC where you play as the party members. You can also spend AP on the skill tree in the main game to switch to them in combat now.

CordlessPen posted:

I hate doing this, but I'm not sure where else to ask: I've had Elex in my wishlist forever, and it's on sale right now at a reasonnable but not impulse buy price. I know it's rough, but is it worth 20 bucks?

Elex is good but getting into it is a kick in the dick. Have you ever played the Gothic games? It’s like those. It dumps you into a hostile world where early game enemies can kill the hell out of you fast if you aren’t careful.