Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Miftan posted:

Thanks. On a different note, has anyone tried rotating out party members frequently? Is there enough exp to go through the game normally or would it be a good idea to play with level scaling if I'm doing that?

I've played veteran with level scaling up and didn't expect Maya to leave me so I finished the game with Pallegina instead whom I've never used. Those who are not in your active party still gain XP so the only problem is finding the proper equipment. In my case, it was almost the end of the game and I was filthy rich so I could buy some decent gear and Paladin can complement any party without much hassle (i also had a fighter, priest, mage and my Watcher was ranger-cipher) so it worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

ilitarist posted:

I've played veteran with level scaling up and didn't expect Maya to leave me so I finished the game with Pallegina instead whom I've never used. Those who are not in your active party still gain XP so the only problem is finding the proper equipment. In my case, it was almost the end of the game and I was filthy rich so I could buy some decent gear and Paladin can complement any party without much hassle (i also had a fighter, priest, mage and my Watcher was ranger-cipher) so it worked fine.

Cool, good to know it's workable. In that case I'm playing with scaling off because I like having the skulls warn me off poo poo I can't handle yet.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is there a mod that would let me use companion subclasses - looking to make a gunhawk watcher in particular.

Also - anyone tried to see what happens in the endings if you mess up Maia's quest?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Miftan posted:

Cool, good to know it's workable. In that case I'm playing with scaling off because I like having the skulls warn me off poo poo I can't handle yet.

I've played with scaling up only and it still meant that weaker enemies were a pushover, just maybe not a complete pushover. Skulls were always bad news.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's now also this: Veteran Difficulty has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
Enemies now have +12% health, +8 accuracy, +1 penetration, +8 all defenses and +1 armor rating on Veteran difficulty.

I found Veteran just a little too easy so this might be enough to make it challenging again without having to go straight to PoTD.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

ilitarist posted:

I've played with scaling up only and it still meant that weaker enemies were a pushover, just maybe not a complete pushover. Skulls were always bad news.

Does scaling up not destroy the skulls over locations and in the quest journal anymore? I think all scaling used to do that. I also still had trouble with scaling up only with certain bounties (the dunnage ones, mostly) and quests like the hanging sepulchre showing as level appropriate but everything inside being 3 skulls and out for blood.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Miftan posted:

Does scaling up not destroy the skulls over locations and in the quest journal anymore? I think all scaling used to do that. I also still had trouble with scaling up only with certain bounties (the dunnage ones, mostly) and quests like the hanging sepulchre showing as level appropriate but everything inside being 3 skulls and out for blood.

I've played with first expansion and it worked for me. I saw some enemies that seemed overvalued (mostly contract kills who were often lone skull enemy surrounded by normal ones) but, of course, I might have accidentally triggered their weakness.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Avalerion posted:

Is there a mod that would let me use companion subclasses - looking to make a gunhawk watcher in particular.

Also - anyone tried to see what happens in the endings if you mess up Maia's quest?

Her endings don't react to you messing up the quest, which is nice because it's actually better to mess it up if you can what with the endings related to her quest overriding the default endings for those locations

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's time....for the final playthrough.... all content, all DLC, all megabosses, maybe even some God Challenges

will probably spend a good loving time on character creation screen

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

frajaq posted:

It's time....for the final playthrough.... all content, all DLC, all megabosses, maybe even some God Challenges

Nah son, I've got a spreadsheet by now for this playthrough. Ancient/Troubadour Watcher this time!

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

frajaq posted:

You say final playthrough, I say first real playthrough.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Does the Arcane Archer's penalty to accuracy not apply to attacks from a weapon with one of those keywords? Like Frostseeker?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I’m almost certain I want to do another cipher run expect this time multiclassing as my last single run had accuracy issues and left me unimpressed with their max level powers.

Thinking ranger (more guns) or warrior (new subclass seems very synergetic with phantom foes) would make the most sense, but I also haven’t done a monk yet... :downsgun:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Avalerion posted:

I’m almost certain I want to do another cipher run expect this time multiclassing as my last single run had accuracy issues and left me unimpressed with their max level powers.

Thinking ranger (more guns) or warrior (new subclass seems very synergetic with phantom foes) would make the most sense, but I also haven’t done a monk yet... :downsgun:

Monks are great, but I don't think they're as suited to ciphers as rogues or fighters, fwiw

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Shartered pillar/soulblade was quite popular at launch but maybe something got nerfed.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Shartered pillar/soulblade was quite popular at launch but maybe something got nerfed.

Yeah no my bad, I completely forgot the soulblade subclass existed. That'll work very well.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

Thanks. On a different note, has anyone tried rotating out party members frequently? Is there enough exp to go through the game normally or would it be a good idea to play with level scaling if I'm doing that?

I usually play like this but with level scaling. I usually have like 1-2 people who I take almost all the time and then I rotate the other two slots. Last play my constants were Eder, my Herald, and Xoti, with the last two slots rotating depending on my whims.

I like doing it that way because I don't have to radically rethink my tactics all the time with brand new parties. I can just mix things up a little bit, which I like.

Everyone got plenty of xp iirc but I did most all of the content that I could and I was playing with level scaling.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

frajaq posted:

yeah, I don’t know what to make!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

It's live.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Now Tayn, I can get into.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Tayn is my boi

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

am I loving blind

where are the god challenges

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

frajaq posted:

am I loving blind

where are the god challenges

Click on the mask below the buttons on the main menu.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Starting a fresh game as a single class Ancient druid. Gonna make some sweet merc party members using the new classes.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Eder dropping some wisdom.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Pwnstar posted:

Now Tayn, I can get into.

Computer, show me nude Tayn.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Was it ever confirmed whether Tayne was an SA reference. Tayn’s orb seems like too much of a coincidence.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The puppy blender :stare:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Entropy238 posted:

Was it ever confirmed whether Tayne was an SA reference. Tayn’s orb seems like too much of a coincidence.

It was a backer spell in PoE1, yes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy gently caress Galawain's challenge made literally the first boar I meet explode on death, what in the goddamn

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

All the DLC, new poo poo going on like new classes, it's gonna be a good weekend! If only there was like "recommended level and story progress for starting each DLC" thing :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

jokes posted:

All the DLC, new poo poo going on like new classes, it's gonna be a good weekend! If only there was like "recommended level and story progress for starting each DLC" thing :(

14 for beast of winter, 18 for forgotten sanctum, so I assume 16 for SSS?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Have they readjusted xp/leveling now that all of the expansions are out? It was super easy to hit max level in the base game + beast of winter and I assume that it’s even easier now that there is a bunch more content. I feel like I read somewhere that they planned to do another pass on progression once the game was “complete” but I dunno how solid of info that was.

Also (endgame spoiler) is there still no final boss? Story issues with the ending aside, I thought it was really anticlimactic from a gameplay perspective. Around when I finished the game there was debate over whether it was a bug or a feature that there was no final boss fight but I haven’t really followed things since then.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bold Robot posted:

Have they readjusted xp/leveling now that all of the expansions are out? It was super easy to hit max level in the base game + beast of winter and I assume that it’s even easier now that there is a bunch more content. I feel like I read somewhere that they planned to do another pass on progression once the game was “complete” but I dunno how solid of info that was.

Also (endgame spoiler) is there still no final boss? Story issues with the ending aside, I thought it was really anticlimactic from a gameplay perspective. Around when I finished the game there was debate over whether it was a bug or a feature that there was no final boss fight but I haven’t really followed things since then.

Guardian of Ukaizo is the final boss. I think if you do some things, you can skip it though. It's like the PoE equivalent of passing a 100 speech and 100 barter check at the end of F:NV.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

If you guys enabled every Magran's Fire (triple crown, solo, all 11 god challenges), how far do you think you could get in the game? Has anyone tried this on the official forums or youtube?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly, it's not a question of capability but of planning at that point. It's more like the game becomes a puzzle instead of an RPG since you'll absolutely need a super gimmicky build.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
You'd be solo dragging Vela along with you. Fantasy version of The Road.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This DLC gives you the choice to do literally the dumbest thing in the history of Eora for the dumbest reason possible. Would recommend.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ilitarist posted:

I want to start first PotD run and I think it will be challenging enough without all of those God's Challenges. I wonder if combining it with Blessings can be fun without making it easier in a boring way.

Also, haven't played Monk and almost haven't used Zahua in PoE1. Do you think it can work well as multiclass? They seem very focused, maybe Blood Mage synergizes well but it will make my monk significantly more brittle.

As said before, Monk is great with any melee class. And probably a buff wizard.

Personally I recommend Paladin. Gibbing dudes with flaming fists is extremely my jam, and the innate defensive bonuses of Paladin makes you pretty tanky.

As for poe1 if you're curious, equip some heavy armor and go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I've been purposely waiting on Pillars II to get all the DLCs out before playing it, which means now I can!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good or interesting Paladin multiclass, or should I stick to single class? Or does it not really matter?