Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but the sheets are like the perfect size for nearly everything so why bother with the cutter?

because you get way way way way way way way more foil for your money with the roll than with the precut sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but the sheets are like the perfect size for nearly everything so why bother with the cutter?

The precut sheets don't cover a half-sheet sized baking pan so they're useless

raton fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 14, 2018

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
When I cook I put about four feet of foil on the counter and stick my cutting board on it. Do all my prep and then wrap up the trash and toss it. Clean counter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I only buy for myself, what kinda poo poo should I get from costco tomorrow, PBUC

I like stuff that keeps for a while

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

revmoo posted:

When I cook I put about four feet of foil on the counter and stick my cutting board on it. Do all my prep and then wrap up the trash and toss it. Clean counter.

I'll use a piece of foil similarly if I'm getting fifteen chicken thighs ready to go and need the space

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like I know im gonna buy a big pack of noodles and a 4 pack of their spaghetti sauce, also some frozen tilapia

i baked some costco tilaipa tonight with some cajun seasoning, black pepper, and garlic and it turned out really good

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

so I only buy for myself, what kinda poo poo should I get from costco tomorrow, PBUC

Frozen chicken thighs, the bibigo brand dumplings in the freezer (beef mandu and the little flat ones in microwave trays), a stuffed pepper take and bake, one 12x12 pack of hot pink rubber cocks

Olive oil

If you're low on pepper C's peppercorns are about 1/8th the price of anywhere else and are a premium corn

The naan breads keep forever in the fridge (you wet them under the sink and microwave them prn)

raton fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 14, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress, I def needed olive oil, ty.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I buy the Tillamook brand cheese snacks, individually wrapped. They're good for about 4 months in the fridge. Likely to be a regional thing for the brand, but I think all US Costcos have some kind of cheese snack.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

raton posted:

The precut sheets don't cover a half-sheet sized baking pan so they're useless

I also use foil for grilling veggies a lot so it seems kinda dumb to not have an in built custom sizing option for cheaper.

Though I suppose i could understand precut sheets for like a restaurant or something.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

revmoo posted:

Maybe we can name the mountain of aluminum foil you've created after you.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Precuts are good if you're running a sandwich shop or something but I need the coverage a roll provides for 95% of my home foil use

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Aluminum used to be a precious metal, the Washington monument is capped with it

With less of it than Mssr. Foil Counter has gone through, but that's okay

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

revmoo posted:

wtf just grab a rag

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

eonwe posted:

like food goods or general items?

kirkland paper towels
kirkland toilet paper
kirkland laundry detergent
kirkland garbage bags
kirkland dishwasher tabs
kirkland butter (freeze most of it)
normandy vegetable blend mix is godly
uncooked tortillas
cheese: cheddar, parmesan, mexican cheese blend, and w/e. its fondue season so maybe some gruyere?
tillimook 2013 chedder reserve is godly
eggs
milk
pack of living butter lettuce
asparagus
bag of sweet potatoes/potatoes, garlic, onion
fruit (strawberries, oranges, apples)
pasta, pasta sauces, canned beans/tomatoes/whatever
beef for stew since it's stew season, or just the steak cuts of w/e meat you want. freeze half of it like i do.
5-lb is bags of flour, sugar, rice; spices like salt, pepper, vanilla extract, etc
box of carbonated sparkling water (crystal geyser but costco brand is fine too)
$5 rotissere chicken
$15 queen sherpa blanket

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 14, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you rock

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Xaris posted:

kirkland toilet paper

no don't

It's like sandpaper and you need to fold 8 of the sheets on top of each other to get the same thickness as one sheet of charmin that costco also sells for like $3 more.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Bummey posted:

no don't

It's like sandpaper and you need to fold 8 of the sheets on top of each other to get the same thickness as one sheet of charmin that costco also sells for like $3 more.

Agreed. The charmin is worth every penny.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Jebus posted:

Agreed. The charmin is worth every penny.

My rear end is worth it

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I have kids and kids use up too much toilet paper. It is even worse when they use Charmin because then they use the number of linear feet of the Charmin as they would the Kirkland and the result is a clogged toilet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so whats with this $15 blanket is it that good

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

eonwe posted:

so whats with this $15 blanket is it that good

Yes and get a king

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
They are so good that my kids both asked for one for christmas.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Charmin extra strong only. Get out of here with your softs

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Charmin extra strong only. Get out of here with your softs

This is the truth. Costco stocking only soft is an unfortunate misstep for the true church.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Scott 4 life you soft-rear end weenies

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tangy yet delightful posted:

This is the truth. Costco stocking only soft is an unfortunate misstep for the true church.

They don't only stock soft. They have the extra strong too, just not all the time. Its more variable whether theyll hsve it or not

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They don't only stock soft. They have the extra strong too, just not all the time. Its more variable whether theyll hsve it or not

Dang I've just been unlucky the times I've looked.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I buy single ply cheap stuff fuckers!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bummey posted:

no don't

what no thats def not my experience at all. I find kirkland brand TP super soft like wiping rear end with silk and reasonably thick. it's so much better than like 95% of TP out there. but i'll try the charmin next time. i know ive tried other charmin stuff from like target and safeway and it's been kinda poo poo?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Yes and get a king

king i think would be too big, queen even feels too big but its about the perfect size for my bed or couch

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

what no thats def not my experience at all. I find kirkland brand TP super soft like wiping rear end with silk and reasonably thick. it's so much better than like 95% of TP out there. but i'll try the charmin next time. i know ive tried other charmin stuff from like target and safeway and it's been kinda poo poo?

Agreed. Completely standard toilet paper that is perfect. I don't want to wipe my rear end with a pillow. I need it to work. 1 ply is... well it's just sad. Kirkland TP just barely fits in my holder. I can't believe that anyone would think that this stuff is actually bad. Maybe prefer something else? Sure. But it's objectively not bad. The poo poo you find in public restrooms are bad.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Kiekland tp used to be pretty bad but they kept changing it and right now it's quite good

Bummey
May 26, 2004

binge crotching posted:

My rear end is worth it

Yes, softer butt wipes are important but it's also about making efficient use of your money. If the costco stuff is like 3 times cheaper per meter of roll but you need to use 3 times as much to equal one meter of the "more expensive" stuff, you're not really saving any money.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Kiekland tp used to be pretty bad but they kept changing it and right now it's quite good

I know they have at least two varieties, green and blue?, and one sucks poo poo. Once my local carried both, now they don't. Maybe there were phasing out old stock on the good kind in favor of the new stock bleedy rear end in a top hat kind.

I miss minneapolis costco. They had better stuff and 5x as many samples every day.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
We tried the Kirkland TP (I don't remember what color it was on the packaging) and it was close to the Charmin but not close enough. It was also cheaper than the charmin, but not cheap enough to be worth the discrepancy in quality. It wasn't *bad*, it just wasn't as good. That said, the Cottenelle wet wipes are better than the Charmin wet wipes.

I only buy the finest products for my rear end in a top hat and my wife's rear end in a top hat.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Kirkland TP is great, but also any toilet paper that avoids getting poo poo on your hands is good enough if you also have flushable wipes.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

Kirkland TP is great, but also any toilet paper that avoids getting poo poo on your hands is good enough if you also have flushable wipes.

Flushable wipes are a nightmare on the sewage systems. Sanitation workers have been raising hell about this plague for years now. Sure it won't clog your toilet but it'll make a horrible mess for everything beyond your toilet. Also, that's one more consumable you have to buy. Just get good TP from the get go and you won't need twice as many butt wipes to poo

Bummey fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 14, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Get a bidet and stop worrying about all this poo poo.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Get a better diet. If you eat healthy your shits wipe up pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I would but my main poop room is disconnected from the bathroom proper and it doesn't have a power outlet. rip