Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well, unfortunately I'm about 90% of the way through Monster Boy and ... at this point I'm soft locked and can't progress through the game because an NPC won't advance the current plot. Apparently there are other places where this can happen as well. I had multiple other times playing the game where I had to Close Software because I was completely hard locked. There are a also lot of other weird minor bugs going on with the game all the time, but none of them are really a huge issue besides those ones.

So not that almost anyone was paying attention to the game in the first place, but I'd recommend staying away from this one until they put out some patches for it. Really a shame too because the game, when it's actually functioning correctly, is really good.

Thanks for the warning, I'll have to look up the softlocks. I hit the softlock in the original Twilight Princess and it put me off the game until the HD version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh hey, good news (found on the drat Steam forums for whatever reason):

quote:

Hi! Sorry to hear that you've encountered these glitches but a patch is underway. The progress glitch was related to a very hideous bug connected to a door in the falls area of the game. It can result in a bad quest state in a certain moment in the game. Luckily you got the three relics before and could move on. The patch will fix all of that so it doesn't happen again and it releases this week. It also fixes the black screen that you encountered in Lupia village and some other things.

So hopefully that fixes my issue too even though it's a different part of the same area.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Does anyone know just how much mobile data playing season mode on Diablo is going to suck up? My internet is out with no estimated repair time and I was really wanting to level up my season character a bit before bed so I thought about tethering to my phone. I can only do that online, correct?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

loudog999 posted:

Does anyone know just how much mobile data playing season mode on Diablo is going to suck up? My internet is out with no estimated repair time and I was really wanting to level up my season character a bit before bed so I thought about tethering to my phone. I can only do that online, correct?

You can play seasons characters completely offline. You only have to be online to create them; once that's done you can disconnect. You just won't submit to any leaderboards while you're offline.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

overdesigned posted:

You can play seasons characters completely offline. You only have to be online to create them; once that's done you can disconnect. You just won't submit to any leaderboards while you're offline.

Ok, that helps. I have Spectrum so who knows when it will come back up. Thanks.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

EA, where's Dead Space trilogy, you cowards

Why they've left money on the table in the form of a Switch port of the Mass Effect trilogy with all the DLC is beyond me.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hell yeah getting the Sega Collection and gonna play Toejam and Earl with my bro at Christmas. Yeah alright!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Do games in the Sega Collection have online multiplayer? If so, is it easy to find games?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Weedle posted:

If there’s any sign that Western culture is on a decline it’s that Windows 95 came with Hover and Windows 10 comes with Candy Crush.
Windows 10 doesn't even come with a Weezer video on the disc.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Kero Blaster is on sale for 7 bucks so I picked it up. This is the chillest little shooter. I also got a game called The Next Penelope that seems to be a combination between the a shoot em up and a top down racer. It seems cute.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

When's the last time Sega made an Initial D game? I need that poo poo on my Switch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oof. i almost want to take a phone video of this, but I bought in on the Rain World double dip (fool that I am) and wow these controls are delayed. around half a second between input and response, it was definitely not like this on pc!

needs some time in the patch cooker.

(e) wait that may have just been portable mode, let me check docked rq

a little less, but still there. maybe a quarter of a second? feels utterly terrible, in any event, no way I'd be able to play this. I wonder what the refund policy is (suspect "get hosed")

https://gfycat.com/PerfumedGlamorousHeterodontosaurus

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 14, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ciaphas posted:

oof. i almost want to take a phone video of this, but I bought in on the Rain World double dip (fool that I am) and wow these controls are delayed. around half a second between input and response, it was definitely not like this on pc!

a little less, but still there. maybe a quarter of a second? feels utterly terrible, in any event, no way I'd be able to play this. I wonder what the refund policy is (suspect "get hosed")

If you call Nintendo and explain, they usually do a "one time" refund.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Good to know, thanks

might as well see if the dev knows first I suppose, maybe I'll get lucky and they pay attention to their twitter account

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Knorth posted:

It's kind of a mix, generally severely overgrown and post-apoc urban but it's about a slugcat in a place that is very not made for slugcats so yknow, no tranquil forests or anything lol. The trailer definitely emphasised more action than honestly happens in the minute-to-minute gameplay, actually trying to fight the predators is mostly a very dangerous idea and should generally be avoided, but it does happen and it is intense. The Monk character they showed in it does have a quieter, even more solitary playthrough though if that's what you're after

Well I've put it on my list. It looks interesting enough and I do like the premise even if the world isn't quite my thing. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

xarph posted:

Why they've left money on the table in the form of a Switch port of the Mass Effect trilogy with all the DLC is beyond me.

Won't lie; I'd love a solid state version with faster loading times.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RZA Encryption posted:

Wow that sounds like a neat job. Creating slot machines is literally video game development, and I'd love to read more about it.

Here you go, my Ask/Tell about my job when I was there, though I don't know if you need Archives to read it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375096&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Edit: wow, forgot the drat link.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 14, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So I decided after all these deals popped up that goons were kinda bragging about and how they had found a gem for next to nothing, how many had I actually found myself?

So I tallied the games I had paid $0-$5 for and there have been 64. That's approximately half my library. The sales on this console are real and also divine.

Note: folders when?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heads up,

If you're:

1) On my friend list
&
2) playing Horizon Chase Turbo

Then I'm coming for your times :colbert:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheHeadSage posted:

Are there any good Metroidvanias for the Switch that are easier, combat wise than Hollow Knight? Something more Castlevania: PoR than Dark Souls.

I like exploration, backtracking and stuff, but I hate the Hollow Knight combat and wish the developers added an easy mode for uncoordinated idiots like me.

Steamworld dig 2 is your best bet. Guacamelee 2 also just came out for switch and is good

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Anyone taken the plunge yet to see if there's a good game to go with the fantastic graphics of GRIS? In my experience the more loving detail goes into the animation and art direction the clunkier it feels to run and jump around (Little Nightmares, The Missing, Forgotton Anne all look great and range from decent to good games, but the act of actual movement in them doesn't feel fun at all). It looks like a 2D version of Journey so I'm really hoping it's worth it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

welp Smash Ultimate is really good and thats my Videogame Review

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

alf_pogs posted:

:hmmyes:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

alf_pogs posted:

You should go to the Smash thread with this extremely hot take.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

bushisms.txt posted:

It's crazy, any way you slice it, Konami, from a company stand point, made the right decision.

https://www.konami.com/ir/en/financialinfo/sales.html

What the heck did they do in 2017? I only really follow their arcade games (bemani) and I don't recall anything monumental happening on that front.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

At the end of 2016, they released Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links on mobile.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

You should go to the Smash thread with this extremely hot take.

only do so at your own risk

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

nachos posted:

Steamworld dig 2 is your best bet. Guacamelee 2 also just came out for switch and is good

Seeing as few people recommended it I'll give that and Yoku's island express a shot. Guacamelee 2 is a pass however, as I played the first one and ran into a very similar brick wall regarding the combat.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Skipped Hover and decided to grab Rain World. And wow, this game is hard as poo poo. I love every second of it though. I keep telling myself to stop buying 2d platformers...but I can’t help it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Whenever I try to play my digital purchases offline(like on the train) I get a pop up saying that its “checking if the software can be played” and then it won’t let me play the game because I have no connection. This is every game I have digitally: Dead Cells, Dark Souls, Diablo, etc

Am I missing something? Can I not play Switch digital games without a connection?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

omg chael crash posted:

Whenever I try to play my digital purchases offline(like on the train) I get a pop up saying that its “checking if the software can be played” and then it won’t let me play the game because I have no connection. This is every game I have digitally: Dead Cells, Dark Souls, Diablo, etc

Am I missing something? Can I not play Switch digital games without a connection?

We have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It should only check that if you are not in your primary switch that your account is associated with. If you put your account in a second switch, you need to make your original switch no longer your primary. This can be done by you on their website somewhere (you can only do this once a year yourself)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I ordered the Asian version of Katamari because I wanted a physical copy and now I have to wait for like ages. The Nintendpo Switch Is Doomed

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

omg chael crash posted:

I play mine without a connection all the time. As far as I know that message only happens if the game hasn't been released yet but you've preloaded it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It should only check that if you are not in your primary switch that your account is associated with. If you put your account in a second switch, you need to make your original switch no longer your primary. This can be done by you on their website somewhere (you can only do this once a year yourself)

Oh, that might be it. Before I had my own Switch, I was using my roommates and I initially made my account on that. I guess his Switch is still considered my account's primary?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How does online couch co-op work, with regards to online subscriptions? If my wife and I want to play Minecraft, both on the Switch, with our friends online, can we do that if only one of us has a subscription, or do we both need one?

I'm thinking that I'm going to get the family plan for a year anyway, for both my wife and I, and then just gift the other slots to other people.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

Hmmmmmm

maybe I'm lucky that the web version of the eshop still looks like this for me:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
*Slaughters hundreds of cuddle bears on the way through a nephilim rift*

"War...is like a box of chocolates..." :black101:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How does online couch co-op work, with regards to online subscriptions? If my wife and I want to play Minecraft, both on the Switch, with our friends online, can we do that if only one of us has a subscription, or do we both need one?

I'm thinking that I'm going to get the family plan for a year anyway, for both my wife and I, and then just gift the other slots to other people.

It varies. Most pick up and play games couch coop is fine in online and only uses your one user account, some games with more important user profiles require you to use both accounts which both need online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, that might be it. Before I had my own Switch, I was using my roommates and I initially made my account on that. I guess his Switch is still considered my account's primary?

Yeah here's the instructions

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22434/~/how-to-deactivate-a-nintendo-switch-console