Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I did something dumb and now "Sol" is a moniker for IcePhoenix in votefinder

sorry IP :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw I feel a lot better about jimmy now

I don't see jimmy bussing merk at a point when merk only had one or two votes and nowhere near the "it's hopeless to save my scumbro and must now bus" stage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am not scum, db, but I forgive you because tbh I got so engrossed in the football game that I didn't catch up with the thread like I had planned.

Tomorrow should be a somewhat slow day at work though so I should be able to do it by lunch (actual lunch not the end of this game day).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

I think I'm going down. I'm Mervyn, the local pumpkin headed janitor, vanilla town.

Final scum reads:
1. Toalpaz
2. Humalong
3. Solus (?)
4. Haven't looked at the votes on me, but the scum agenda this late in d1 was to move the lynch away from Toalpaz - I don't think MMT is scum.

I mean just look at this.

A dying scum merk list with two towns in the first two entries (I put Humalong squarely in my most likely town category), and then what I believe to be a hedgy bus on Sol. My logic there is as follows: This list is going to feature mainly towns in order to establish a pattern when merk's inevitable flip betrays merk as scum. The Solus entry into the list not first nor second (assuming the list is ranked from most to least scum) but third, and with an "uncertain" question mark. I think the scum intention is for the towns reading this list to follow the line of thought that "well if merk flipped scum {not to mention the additional benefit of Toal flipping town} then that must mean this list is full of towns" thus exonerating Sol.

Perhaps my logic is stupid and/or flawed, but this is were I'm at.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
please replace every instance of "Sol" in my posts as "IcePhoenix" tia

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I honestly don't think scum would ever pull a vote back from the brink at -1. They'd hammer if they weren't already on the vote.

Toalpaz posted:

On me, while I was -1.

I'm going to bed, but I'd love to see the vote spread at that point in the game.

Who was on the Toal vote when Toal was -1?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm going to bed, but I'd love to see the vote spread at that point in the game.

Who was on the Toal vote when Toal was -1?

I did the research it was Humalong (I read as town), merk (flipped scum), Pod, jimmy (leaning town), beet and Sol (read as scum) in that order.

I think Toal was probably on the mark about scum needing to persuade a town to do the deed and hammer.

All this considered I'm narrowing it down to who's the scum between Pod and beet, but I don't really have a solid read on either.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ok now i'm going to bed, goodnight my maffi boopies

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
drat it I just kept reading and saw the Sol self vote and now I dont know wtf is going on anymore and I'm tired. hopefully a fresh read after getting sleep will help, until then ##unvote. Sol leaving the game in context does give some credit to IP i think.

Either that or it's the greatest scum gambit in SA mafia history (that I know of)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

ok now i'm going to bed, goodnight my maffi boopies

this time for realsies

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

beet's MMT vote at the bottom of page three, and the series of posts up to and even some after the vote make beet look bad imo.

it does kind of read like scum kind of jovially putting a vote down and immediately directing the convo elsewhere after Toal made the "chu chu scumtrain" post

Nah.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
taps microphone

Is this thing on?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Murmur Twin posted:

taps microphone

Is this thing on?

*ears prick up*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Remember that first case I made on FL where I said I like to look for things that sound town, but on examination don't read like things town would say? This whole case, that AA wrote based on a single vote on FL at the very start of D1, is exactly what I mean. It's far too much analysis for that early in the game - it's scum trying to look town.

But for a far better case:

Here are gigantic red flag posts. I personally felt like a lot of people had a read that merk was suspicious, to the point where "not seeing the case on him" stands out as scummy once we saw his flip. If AA was town, I believe he would have been engaged enough with the game to understand why people saw him as suspicious, and overlooking that to drop a vote on Kash reads to me like scum who thought there was going to be a no-lynch.

He called Kash scum, and then when asked for why, gives a reason that doesn't make logical sense (that he was holding out for a no-lynch when he was the person who hammered). It reads to me like a fake case that he messed up.

I'd vote AA or TM today. Goin' to sleep now!

I've given reasons for being busy and look at the time stamps of my involvement.

I too had been playing catch up posting and you yourself floated the idea on Kash and I thought it was good.

Why even suggest it if only to abandon it, I'm not saying that you're scum. You pretty much led the charge on merk in hindsight and I've pointed this out this game day. It's just weird how that's a blindspot in your sight and worse that I have stuck with and moved on to my case on beet before I even explained to kash.

And kashs defense doesn't clear him, it just makes it less likely.

I fill like you are being willfully dense about certain parts of my play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Talking about willfully dense how about that bad case on beet?

Phwoar

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm down for voting ice solus today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, look at the contrast between AA's start-of-game case on me (when there was no real information) versus his d2 case on Kash (when there was a bunch of content to analyze). Town cases should get more detailed as the game goes on, AA's are getting more vague.

And this axiom isnt necessarily true either. Not everything requires an increasingly detailed explanation and its start of d2 and I addressed another player entirely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

And now youre using the fact that you hammered as a defense... Mmmm

Yes, because it's an a complete counter to the argument presented against me. It's not like I hammered with an hour to go and someone would've closed it. I could've held out and didn't, hence why the hammering is a valid defense (I believe)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Case on TM:

- he was absent on a D1 where we executed scum
- he's claiming to be suspicious of Solus now despite not having any opinion of him on D1

- he dropped a vote on AA for no good reason, then unvoted and never mentioned suspicion on him
- the lurker case he's making on BK/(DB) is like the easiest case to come up with in the world
- it doesn't really seem like the Merk scum flip has had any influence on his reads at all (ie, he doesn't actually seem motivated to scumhunt)

I've bolded very bad parts of a "case"

The others have some validity, and I'm suspicious of TM for the way they're kinda pushing at me, but what you presented here isn't really much of a case

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, look at the contrast between AA's start-of-game case on me (when there was no real information) versus his d2 case on Kash (when there was a bunch of content to analyze). Town cases should get more detailed as the game goes on, AA's are getting more vague.

Definitely don't agree that this is always the case re: town cases.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I feel like casing me, someone who afked in day 1, by saying I'm making an easy case, is itself an easy case.

this is the extremely bad post of the day. Like this is ULTRA poor as a defense and a really really weak omgus without the confidence to really start a conflict

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

^ this is my first ping of the game.

scum merk posted this about town Toalpaz:

a few posts later Jimmy put out the post quoted above putting shade on Toal and essentially supporting merk's suss without tying the case to merk's suss (thus not appearing to have any correlation; ie, scum teamwork)

then the bolded sentence as a hedge because of course a scum Jimmy would know without a doubt that Toal was town.

i'm on board with this

##vote Jimmy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
probs not voting for the replacements today

I hate replacements.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm not really pushing you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I feel like you're using the fact that you hammered as a crutch. If someone else brought it as a defense for you, I wouldn't be so perked up, but I feel like that using it as a defense for yourself is a bit sketchy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Did the FL case go unread or..?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I missed it

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Flying Leatherman (1): Murmur Twin
hambeet (1): Anomalous Amalgam
jimmydalad (1): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno
Tired Moritz (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
IcePhoenix (0): Kashuno, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno

Not Voting (8): Dick Bastardly, Flying Leatherman, hambeet, IcePhoenix, jimmydalad, Mr. Humalong, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 15th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

i'm on board with this

##vote Jimmy

Are you being wilfully ignorant or did you miss the follow-up posts from DB?

Alongside that, if I was scum, why would I be one of the first people to move my vote back onto Merk and refuse to vote Solus? It would be much easier to just throw my vote on Solus and say I was going to bed and not move my vote. It was late at night in the UK at deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I saw the follow up and subsequent jump off you. I don't agree.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Care to expand your thoughts?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anyone voting jimmy (who I lean town on) over FL (who had a town read on merk and was casing the same person Merk was) is going to have to explain how mafia works to me because I don’t see it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I dont think scum would usually try to gang up on a townie so early in the game though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont think scum would usually try to gang up on a townie so early in the game though.

To be clear - are you saying you read over FL’s day one and have a town read on her?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm up to page nine now and man day 1 was really good you guys

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Currently leaning MMT but I have a ways to go (including rereading this day) so I'm not going to put down a vote yet

sorry I meant to put that all as one post but hit submit replay out of habit and don't want to edit even if it's a ninja

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Murmur Twin posted:

To be clear - are you saying you read over FL’s day one and have a town read on her?

Yes, they seem like a gungho town player with, at this point, kinda bad reads.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

max why would you completely remove player links from the op when they die omg

now I have to find a post from them to reread their history

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Added!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MMT looked better imo as the day went on so I'm gonna walk back from that.

Humalong is an interesting read I think. Merk had two posts where he was like "this is the scumteam" and both times it was Toal, Humalong, and Solus (now me). Toal has flipped already and I know I'm town so it makes me wonder if he was actually naming three town or if he was trying to protect Humalong. Their back and forth near the end of the day AFTER he acknowledged that a late push like that on Humalong was extremely unlikely to work is a really easy way to not only distract and confuse town but also possibly cause a no lynch. And if either of them go down then the other gets cred.