Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Agoat posted:

If anyone has a moment, my friend is making a proper arcade stick for Smash Bros. He has a kickstarter up if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/altlabcontrollers/smash-stick-the-analog-arcade-stick

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

That stage is so sick. It actually hit me with nostalgia pretty hard. The whole stage is a museum with exhibits of stages from DoA's past and that is rad as hell.

*edit*

Also looks like Gen Fu has finally passed on to the other side :( Elliot seems to have inherited the rest of his moveset. RIP you crazy old top tier tyrant.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The game needs like 5 buttons why does that thing have 70?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Doesn't that get recirculated through fgc twitter and this thread like every few months?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Evil Canadian posted:

That stage is so sick. It actually hit me with nostalgia pretty hard. The whole stage is a museum with exhibits of stages from DoA's past and that is rad as hell.

*edit*

Also looks like Gen Fu has finally passed on to the other side :( Elliot seems to have inherited the rest of his moveset. RIP you crazy old top tier tyrant.

im really excited for more doa

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'll have the DOA6 thread up before January.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

This is loving cool.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So I got 2nd place at the Injustice 2 company tournament, in which I lost to the guy who put me into the losers' bracket, and I crawled back up to win one set out of two, only to lose 2-1 in the final set. (bear with me as this was my very first tournament) That was fun! I learned from my earlier loss from him (we used the same characters throughout) so it was a big back and forth during the finals. I'll probably get the game once it goes on sale.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
MK11 is going to cannibalize the entire community for that game. Good luck finding a match come April.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Broken Loose posted:

MK11 is going to cannibalize the entire community for that game. Good luck finding a match come April.

I have poo poo internet and only play people offline so it doesn't matter!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zand posted:

this makes so much more sense than putting the Alien alien in

eh they make about equal sense

pretty much anyone from a dark or "edgy" IP that isn't completely grounded in reality can fit in MK

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yesssssss

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

eh they make about equal sense

pretty much anyone from a dark or "edgy" IP that isn't completely grounded in reality can fit in MK

Put Ragna in MK11

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How soon people forget that Spawn was already in Soul Calibur 2! And he was without a doubt one of the worst characters in that game. Even Necrid was better. NRS guest chars tend to be OP though so maybe this time around he won't totally suck.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

exquisite tea posted:

How soon people forget that Spawn was already in Soul Calibur 2! And he was without a doubt one of the worst characters in that game. Even Necrid was better. NRS guest chars tend to be OP though so maybe this time around he won't totally suck.

Yeah I haven’t played IJ2 but NRS usually leans toward making their guest characters pure fan service in the best way. Weak guest characters might as well not exist so I’m glad they get it mostly right.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
FEXL roadmap for the first half of 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOCuG2LPvw

-minor update planned for January, mainly concerning fixes for the arcade version

-they're planning a bigger balance/system update for February, and it'll also include more music, details TBD

-free DLC character planned in conjunction with a Japanese event in late March, they didn't outright say it'll be Sharon but it'll Sharon

-two more characters will be released between then and the end of May, one free and one paid - in other words, Area will be free and Terry will cost money

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Evo Japan line up:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
Tekken 7
Guilty Gear Xrd: REV 2
Soul Calibur VI
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
The King of Fighters XIV

No Smash, no DBFZ, and we get KOF, best Evo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Where's Puyo you fucks

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Speaking of KoF, XIV is free to play on steam for the next three days and is on a pretty hefty sale. The different versions are a bit confusing, but as far as I can tell:

Steam edition is the base game with no DLC characters. The game's got a pretty big roster, but you'll miss out on Rock/Vanessa/Whip/Yamazaki and Blue Mary/Najd/Heidern/Oswald if you get this version.

Deluxe version has the first pack of DLC characters listed above and a digital art book and soundtrack, as well as a few alternate costumes.

Ultimate edition has all DLC characters. Not sure about the art book or soundtrack but mostly because I don't care about those things.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
King of Fighters XIV has 50 characters out of the box which is pretty nuts for something on a new (albeit admittedly not amazing looking) engine in this day and age.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Where's Puyo you fucks

Too esports for the FGC

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ignore the crapcum cup and watch the puyo cup tomorrow instead

https://twitter.com/zanverse/status/1073582214577819648

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So that Museum stage in DOA6 is called Unforgettable and plays the music for old stages when you get to that section. https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1073716630637535232

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

dragon enthusiast posted:

ignore the crapcum cup and watch the puyo cup tomorrow instead

is that tweet saying you need a license to be a pro puyo player

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's part of japanese law now and is the reason they can finally have big events like Evo Japan, bc there's heavy restrictions on what is and isn't considered gambling

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

somepartsareme posted:

is that tweet saying you need a license to be a pro puyo player

You need a license to play videogames for cash prizes in Japan, it's a recent thing. All their esports events look like exhibition matches because there's only a handful of licensed players per game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
its the reason why they couldn't charge for entry to evo japan last year, or why they couldn't offer prizes for placement (cash or material). I think the only thing allowed is sponsors providing equipment and logistics to the event. I'm not really sure how they plan on monetizing evo japan this year

the way that puyo handles it is the winner of the (free) open entry tournament automatically gets added to the pool of licensed players so they can immediately play in the puyo championship for cpm

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
rumor is saying Nintendo said no to smash and bamco said no to dbfz at evo jp. markman kinda confirmed it. how will this play out for regular evo?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BattleTech posted:

So that Museum stage in DOA6 is called Unforgettable and plays the music for old stages when you get to that section. https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1073716630637535232

is aerosmith in it this is important

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

You need a license to play videogames for cash prizes in Japan, it's a recent thing. All their esports events look like exhibition matches because there's only a handful of licensed players per game.

its been getting better slowly as they add more players. SF is up to 24 players now, arcsys just joined the organizing committee so GG and BBTAG each have a grand total of one (1) licensed player each lol
https://jesu.or.jp/contents/member_list/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dragon enthusiast posted:

its been getting better slowly as they add more players. SF is up to 24 players now, arcsys just joined the organizing committee so GG and BBTAG each have a grand total of one (1) licensed player each lol
https://jesu.or.jp/contents/member_list/

Lol MonSt has the most entrants

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The LCQ has been very tolerable on the Brazilian restream because they don't give a drat and half the time they're talking about random poo poo or giving players poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1073861915514855425

https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1073862285779623936

Granblue is a popular phone game with a lot of ex-final fantasy staff. Generic JRPG setting, but there's a lot of different types of magic/weapons and stuff, and a wide variety of characters, so they could get some roster diversity in there if they wanted.

Also it's had collaboration events with both Love Live and Idolmaster, so we're only one step removed from the idol fighting game we've been waiting for.

No screenshots yet, since it was announced exclusively at a fan event that didn't allow photos/recording. Will probably have a trailer up sometime today, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here ya go
https://twitter.com/noel_gbf/status/1073862837565456384

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1073862937406623744

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

characters confirmed:

Gran (Protagonist man, in-game he can switch classes to use a variety of weapons so maybe they'll play with that)
Katalina (Rapier lady knight with healing/defensive spells)
Charlotta (Female knight from a hobbit/gnome-esque fantasy race, uses a big broadsword)
Ferry (catgirl, uses a whip and light spells)
Lancelot (Knight guy, uses twin swords and is very fast)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This game will probably be fine but Granblue is total dishwater

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, a couple of the characters are cool and have cool designs/character concepts. Cagliostro rules and is very popular, and Charlotta's intro pose in that trailer is hilarious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/chitolon/status/1073864238874079232

if this isnt your main, youre a buster

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Wrong as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
As long as they don't stick to just the generic gacha bait waifus/husbandos for characters there's a chance of something interesting.

Put Vaseraga in Smash you cowards.