Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well that's a hell of a thing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also I'm voting

##vote Infinitium

I really don't see where this push on Tobbs is coming from?

Like their posts seem reasonable based on what info we have and what has happened?

I'm also side eyeing birdstrike, like don't want to omgus, but continually trying to shift the vote onto me instead of IP in light of the flip does not look great.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well that's a hell of a thing.

Why shouldn't we kill you today? I ask you out of love and friendship naturally.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also I'm voting

##vote Infinitium

Like their posts seem reasonable based on what info we have and what has happened?

I'm also side eyeing birdstrike, like don't want to omgus, but continually trying to shift the vote onto me instead of IP in light of the flip does not look great.

oh I seee

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
asf who;s you’re scumbuds?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've made several mentions of posts from Tobbs I disliked.

The fact that he's in a masonry is superfluous, and any mentions of "I suggested we shoot IP" can also be perceived as building towncred.

I would also put forth in a masonry that large, that at least 1 person is non-town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

The fact that he's in a masonry is superfluous, and any mentions of "I suggested we shoot IP" can also be perceived as building towncred.

I would also put forth in a masonry that large, that at least 1 person is non-town

Masonry switches, IP was in it D1.

You're a bit obstinate, and you've definitely pushed me before when you were scum, but it doesn't seem like your heart is in it. I suggest voting for a scumbo like birdstrike.

##vote Birdstrike for a better D3.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Looking back I see it, but not sure I agree. Sal did the same thing mostly without even casing anyone which reads much worse to me so singling out Tobbs for it still strikes me as kinda suss.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Masonry switches, IP was in it D1.

You're a bit obstinate, and you've definitely pushed me before when you were scum, but it doesn't seem like your heart is in it. I suggest voting for a scumbo like birdstrike.

##vote Birdstrike for a better D3.

yeah not using that name thanks

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Basically Pod, Birb and I have been the 3 most active people and thefact that IP flipped scum does not bode well imho for ASF.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Basically Pod, Birb and I have been the 3 most active people and thefact that IP flipped scum does not bode well imho for ASF.

.... how?

I mean I admit my vote there on it's own looks bad, but I feel IP's flip makes me look better, seems unlikely two scum would expose themselves like that when they could just wait for another town vote to go up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote 28766f69642a2930

post="490708946"]

Np bro

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote 28766f69642a2930

post="490708946"]

Np bro

:stoked:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

SalTheBard posted:

You mean it doesn't bode well for hawke?

As Pod and I pointed out, he's been protecting IP by trying to shift all the focus onto ASF. Why would this look bad on ASF?

Why do you trust hawke so blindly anyway? It's rather fishy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

You mean it doesn't bode well for hawke?

As Pod and I pointed out, he's been protecting IP by trying to shift all the focus onto ASF. Why would this look bad on ASF?

Why do you trust hawke so blindly anyway? It's rather fishy.

The main reason I originally didn't want to cuddle IP is just for heart control. ASF and IP were both super scummy to me.

That was the reason I wanted to cuddle ASF and vig IP was because then we would know who has heart and could protect them.

As of now we don't know where the heart is and how does that help town?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

The main reason I originally didn't want to cuddle IP is just for heart control. ASF and IP were both super scummy to me.

That was the reason I wanted to cuddle ASF and vig IP was because then we would know who has heart and could protect them.

As of now we don't know where the heart is and how does that help town?

If town doesn't know where the heart is, neither does scum. In fact, it's BETTER for the heart's location not to be revealed.

Yes, I am aware this is setup spec, but there is like, literally no way this setup has a protective role that can protect the heart carrier multiple nights in a row in a 4 day game.

So having the Heart be revealed is massively dangerous to town.

In fact, I'm sonewhat suspicious about even having to state this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes, I am aware this is setup spec, but there is like, literally no way this setup has a protective role that can protect the heart carrier multiple nights in a row in a 4 day game.

Hmmm that's a good point. You gave me a lot to think about.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
But to be fair a role that is a day vig, reset, suicider, janitor isn't typical either.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If (once) Hawke flips scum the next set of people to untangle is Sal and Infinitum, between those two there's probably a scum.

If Hawke flips town, then ASF probably merits a luncheon.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That sounds like an easy excuse, Sal.

The fact that people have been revived doesn't change anything about the behavior of the people that have been alive all this time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Instead of going "Is the person that has been revived scum now?" you should be asking "Who has always been scum?"

For the people that have been revived with their alignment hidden, it's essentially a new day 1.

I am starting to get really suspicious of you here, Sal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

I'm not sure how you can read the case and not see that it's the most convincing evidence on the table right now.

It isn't a coincidence that Hawke throws in his lot defending IP and pushing ASF. If you think it's just bad luck on his part, that's extremely forgiving.

We know that he was defending scum off of some gut reads. When pressed by Pod he didn't provide very good answers.

That makes it seem, more than anyone else in this game, that Hawke is scummy.

Town is supposed to be unsure and full of distrust, so why was past Hawke so sure about ASF's scumminess and IP not needing to be lunched?

IP was probably the only scum hand in the pot end of day. And Scum were trying to save him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So I'll just come out with it and let the chips fall were they may.

I'm a 3P who wins if the heart is destroyed. As the heart was destroyed by Pod I've won but was given the option to stay in the game. **There might be a new heart but I'm not sure**

So if you cuddle me nbd because I won already and have nothing to play for.

My kill takes a night to setup so I was trying to keep IP alive so that I could finish them off Night 2.

That was why I speculated that Birb might have a similar role. So yeah if you guys turbo me or otherwise vote me out it is a waste of a day for you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a 3P who wins if the heart is destroyed. As the heart was destroyed by Pod I've won but was given the option to stay in the game. **There might be a new heart but I'm not sure**

My kill takes a night to setup so I was trying to keep IP alive so that I could finish them off Night 2.

That was why I speculated that Birb might have a similar role. So yeah if you guys turbo me or otherwise vote me out it is a waste of a day for you.

its hardly a wasted day, your wincon is the opposite of ours and you literally can kill town and want to kill the heart?

You're what they call scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

its hardly a wasted day, your wincon is the opposite of ours and you literally can kill town and want to kill the heart?

You're what they call scum.

If I was scum why would I confess? I can't kill anyone tonight because IP was vaporized. My wincon is opposite of scum too since I'm assuming they have a similar "control the heart" wincon town does.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

why didn't you take your win and go Sal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry but I'm not buying that. If you've won already there's literally no reason for you to remain in the game, and really if you're telling the truth Solus should be slapped.

Either way, I still think birb should eat the lunch today. Now that we know Sal 100% isn't town we can always lynch them tomorrow. Lunching birb will clear up the ASF situation quite a lot, I think.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sal may very well be trying to protect birb for a night here. Let's not be hasty and lynch him at our own pace, imo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

why didn't you take your win and go Sal?

Because I was having a good time on this game

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sal may very well be trying to protect birb for a night here. Let's not be hasty and lynch him at our own pace, imo.

thats the only thing I can imagine being true, birb must have like a scary one shot night power.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not sure how you can read the case and not see that it's the most convincing evidence on the table right now.

It isn't a coincidence that Hawke throws in his lot defending IP and pushing ASF. If you think it's just bad luck on his part, that's extremely forgiving.

We know that he was defending scum off of some gut reads. When pressed by Pod he didn't provide very good answers.

That makes it seem, more than anyone else in this game, that Hawke is scummy.

Town is supposed to be unsure and full of distrust, so why was past Hawke so sure about ASF's scumminess and IP not needing to be lunched?

IP was probably the only scum hand in the pot end of day. And Scum were trying to save him.

like this sal business is just a distraction from this.

Sal was under no pressure to claim, and only claimed once I said we should kill birb, and then kill sal or infinitum and solve the game. Sal is scum and birb is scum, but this is stratigic play to change town's order of actions and we should stay our course and not be tricked by third party/scum actions.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

like this sal business is just a distraction from this.

Sal was under no pressure to claim, and only claimed once I said we should kill birb, and then kill sal or infinitum and solve the game. Sal is scum and birb is scum, but this is stratigic play to change town's order of actions and we should stay our course and not be tricked by third party/scum actions.

:same:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Birb is a 3p at best. I would be pretty shocked if he flipped scum, but if he is how you want to go Inn flexible. If I my ability I'm assuming the target would know for the setup. If I use it (which I won't) then you guys can turbo me. If nobody classrooms them you know I'm acting in good faith.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Birb is a 3p at best. I would be pretty shocked if he flipped scum, but if he is how you want to go I'm flexible. If I use my ability I'm assuming the target would know for the setup. If I use it (which I won't) then you guys can turbo me. If nobody claims then you know I'm acting in good faith.

Mafia edit

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

O_O

I mean I was comfortably suspicious of Sal already, I knew they were posting weird.

##vote Sal

I'm happy to move to Numbers or back to Infinitum but I figure someone should have a vote here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

O_O

I mean I was comfortably suspicious of Sal already, I knew they were posting weird.

##vote Sal

I'm happy to move to Numbers or back to Infinitum but I figure someone should have a vote here.

Yeah it's interesting how quiet the thread was (scum chatting in scum chat) and then you come and lead the charge to drop a vote here.

I'm voting for Scumtimes Food. I don't think the "joke" vote on D1 was a joke and I think it was a coordinated effort. I have nothing to gain from full claiming, but I did because I wanted town to look for actual scum. I'm voting with majority, and I think if the majority lets ASF live they are stupid. ASF is my #1 scum read and this post just smells of opportunism.

##vote ASF

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah it's interesting how quiet the thread was (scum chatting in scum chat) and then you come and lead the charge to drop a vote here.

I'm voting for Scumtimes Food. I don't think the "joke" vote on D1 was a joke and I think it was a coordinated effort. I have nothing to gain from full claiming, but I did because I wanted town to look for actual scum. I'm voting with majority, and I think if the majority lets ASF live they are stupid. ASF is my #1 scum read and this post just smells of opportunism.

##vote ASF

Or I have a weird timezone.

And it's not opportunism to punish a gambit like this. If you were telling the truth why should we trust you. You have no reason to side with town over scum. If you're telling the truth then at best you're just gonna stir the pot with insincere votes with no motivation to help town win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

Or I have a weird timezone.

And it's not opportunism to punish a gambit like this. If you were telling the truth why should we trust you. You have no reason to side with town over scum. If you're telling the truth then at best you're just gonna stir the pot with insincere votes with no motivation to help town win.

I'm 3p. I don't care who wins but as I have no way of communicating with scum I might as well roll with town