Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Honestly I recommend doing a ton of substories before doing more cabaret, specifically the obatarian. You'll know her when you see her

Where are they? I have been around Sotenbori a number of times and have no more !s around to speak to people. I do them as soon as I see them because they are so wonderful. I just finished off the one with the man wanting to spend time with his child and wife, though I hope him walking into the sunset is not the end and the one with the fake necklace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Where are they? I have been around Sotenbori a number of times and have no more !s around to speak to people. I do them as soon as I see them because they are so wonderful. I just finished off the one with the man wanting to spend time with his child and wife, though I hope him walking into the sunset is not the end and the one with the fake necklace!

Once you've done some Substories, go check the street to East of Club Sunshine (the one leading to the CP Shrine). You'll find some of the girls you've helped along the way wanting to work at the Club.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Once you've done some Substories, go check the street to East of Club Sunshine (the one leading to the CP Shrine). You'll find some of the girls you've helped along the way wanting to work at the Club.

Oh yes I have grabbed some of them. Erranda made me laugh a lot. :D

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

You can get 3, at least on some of them, with proper planning

Dammit I'm bad at explaining things. I meant to say that two circles is the highest rating and yeah, the max is three out of for.

VideoGames posted:

Yeah, the substory system in this game isn't too friendly. There're items you can equip that'll show you where they are but they might be kinda out of the way. Majima needs to fully befriend the Komian chef- AKA just keep dropping by and eating there- and Kiryu needs to do a ton of real estate for the substory that gives him his shows up.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 14, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Look around for the Fortune Teller substory when you're back to Kiryu, she's one hell of an addition to Real State.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VG I’m so glad you have clicked with Y0 in the way myself and many others did. It’s SO good.

BisterdDave posted:

Was anyone here participating in the Sony Rewards program, particularly the earning PSN credit for trophies portion? I know Sony is revamping their rewards website, but did they reset all trophy progress as well? I was close to earning another $10, but it seems like all my gold/platinum trophy progress was reset.

I was and got a surprising amount of money out of it. I haven’t looked up the changes yet but I really hope they didn’t wreck it. I’ll check it soon.

Penguin Patrol posted:

I wanna be your girl

Ooh Ooooooh Ooh Ooooh

:love:

Regy Rusty posted:

Subnautica got patched :toot:

Though they say they still haven't fixed all bugs, making me a little wary about trying again in case it still has saving problems. I'll probably go ahead and finish Thronebreaker (which I can now confirm is totally fixed so go for it) and then return to Subnautica.

The subreddit seemed pretty down on the devs in general when it comes to fixes but I’m hoping they get it in good shape. I can handle janky games but have zero patience for crashes and save loss.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Does maxing the girls out really add benefit since to unlock their full stories you just have to do the mini game a set number of times? I just gave up eventually because I saw no point in doing the game the ten or so more times so would have needed to do all the special training.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Does maxing the girls out really add benefit since to unlock their full stories you just have to do the mini game a set number of times? I just gave up eventually because I saw no point in doing the game the ten or so more times so would have needed to do all the special training.

No, as far as I'm aware. If you've seen all their substories and dealt with all the Five stars already then doing it further is just for more cash or if you like the game a lot. I think, at least.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Since I was just watching an yakuza movie set in bubble era I decided to start up Y0 again, which I'm still near the beginning on this PSN account. On Majima's side I realized I hadn't used any CP yet so spent it all on extra cast members for the club. Now I've got a ridiculously deep roster for having just started that minigame. I'm gonna make some stupid money.

edit: I have to remember that I can't just kill troublesome customers like in Fist of the North Star though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 14, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I have to remember that I can't just kill troublesome customers like in Fist of the North Star though.
God I need to play that game. Too many games! I haven't even finished Kiwami 2 yet...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goddammit I will be so excited when they stop remastering yakuza games in 2025 and the nanites live streaming shitposting directly into my neural nodes stop spamming me with 6 pages of arcane prostitution mini-game strategies.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I completely forgot that I own FotNS

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Goddammit I will be so excited when they stop remastering yakuza games in 2025 and the nanites live streaming shitposting directly into my neural nodes stop spamming me with 6 pages of arcane prostitution mini-game strategies.

Just in time for the Yakuza Kiwami 0 Remastered release

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I completely forgot that I own FotNS

:madmax:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Settle down, Beavis

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

How many times do we have to have the “stop complaining just because people are posting about a game you don’t play in a thread about more general chat” discussion

There’s a reason I stopped whining about the Bloodborne fellating and it wasn’t because I started liking Bloodborne

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a reason I stopped whining about the Bloodborne fellating and it wasn’t because I started liking Bloodborne

This is a self-own

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I took yesterday a scratch in a leg. For people of my age (40+) is a letal wound. I will die from this. I just hope gamers from the future have has much fun has I had with

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tei posted:

I took yesterday a scratch in a leg. For people of my age (40+) is a letal wound. I will die from this. I just hope gamers from the future have has much fun has I had with

So I take it your adventuring career is over

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

So I take it your adventuring career is over

I tried to play Skyrim VR, but I never walked too far. Is just slow in VR.

Tei fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 14, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tei posted:

We don’t always agree on things but Tei, I will make sure your name and spirit lives on far past the expiration of your physical meat ship.

F

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Battlefield 4 is £3.30 right now, I'm quite tempted but wondering whether or not I will get in and leave because it feels out of date. Does anyone still play this? Does it hold up?

Also, finished bulletstorm just now. Fun, balls to the walls action game, fun surprise for sure.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Half the fun of Yakuza posting is the confused and disbelieving responses from those who have yet to receive the good news of Kiryu's strength and honor. Players are advised to get into a petty argument over a food stand queue with an old lady, because then you can hire her at your hostess bar where your customers will love her. That's stupid and hilarious and it's good fun to acknowledge it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

henpod posted:

Battlefield 4 is £3.30 right now, I'm quite tempted but wondering whether or not I will get in and leave because it feels out of date. Does anyone still play this? Does it hold up?

For £3 absolutely

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

henpod posted:

Also, finished bulletstorm just now. Fun, balls to the walls action game, fun surprise for sure.

I have no idea if people still play it.

BF4 is considered the perfect BF to this date. Is one of the best BF made by size and quality.
BF One is a tiny bit better for the moment to moment gameplay.

BFV is still under development, they removed a lot of features from older games.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 2 remix for reasons I cannot begin to understand and I'm dropping in just to say the Tron bike section is loving terrible.

edit: As usual, complaining solved the problem and now I'm done with it!

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 14, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone know where to get a power cord for ps4 pro? I found some for PS4 not sure if the same works.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ulio posted:

Anyone know where to get a power cord for ps4 pro? I found some for PS4 not sure if the same works.

If it’s an pre-RDR2 bundle PS4, you want the same kind of power cable as a desktop PC so get one from any computer store. For the PS4 Pro included in the RDR2, you want a “figure 8” cable which most Playstations and Xbox One S or X use (as well as slim and super-slim PS3s), and are also common with some types of chargers and battery-less electric razors.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah you don't need to get anything Playstation-branded, all PS4s use a standard power supply cable of some sort that you can find online for cheap.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The CUH-72xxx Pro (aka the "RDR2 Bundle Pro") is also being sold in other bundles now. I saw it as a God of Thor SKU the other day

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here are the two types of PS4 Pro

For the top kind, you want this cable (with the right wall end for your country)

This cable has three prongs which is typical for these types of cables. Most consoles, including the PS4 Pro, don't have a ground pin and generally come with a 2-prong version of the cable, but a 3-prong cable will work totally fine and is probably easier to find since they're generally for desktop PC's which universally have the ground pin.

For the newer models, you want this cable (again with the right wall end for your country)

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Doom and Wolfenstein 2: new colossus are on sale as a bundle for 16 pounds. I liked bulletstorm as its just shooting the poo poo out of everything. Are these both good / fun games?

Edit - The first one, Wolfenstein New order is there for 5. Surely that's worth it?

henpod fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 14, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

henpod posted:

Doom and Wolfenstein 2: new colossus are on sale as a bundle for 16 pounds. I liked bulletstorm as its just shooting the poo poo out of everything. Are these both good / fun games?

DOOM definitely is. Wolf2 is definitely a step down from the first game but there is still fun to be had blowing up Nazis and the like. Wolf2 is hard as absolute gently caress and pretty close to impossible to plat, too, if that matters.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

henpod posted:

univbee posted:

DOOM definitely is. Wolf2 is definitely a step down from the first game but there is still fun to be had blowing up Nazis and the like.

Pretty much this. Grab DOOM, feel free to skip Wolf. I loved Wolfenstein TNO, but New Colossus didn't quite do it for me.

DOOM is a fantastic, fantastic game. It's just so. Much. Fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DOOM is the best Christmas game.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Doom owns.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

DOOM is the best Christmas game.

Checks out.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Ok lots of accolades for Doom there. The first Wolfenstein is there for a fiver, so I guess I should grab that?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

henpod posted:

Ok lots of accolades for Doom there. The first Wolfenstein is there for a fiver, so I guess I should grab that?

Yes definitely, it’s pretty unanimously praised especially for that price.

I still want to try Wolf2 at one point but reception has been a lot more mixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yes definitely, it’s pretty unanimously praised especially for that price.

I still want to try Wolf2 at one point but reception has been a lot more mixed.

Wolf2 isn't as good as the first one, but it's definitely worth playing at $20 or less. The enemies are tougher which can make the game more difficult, but the story and characters are great and the guns feel just as good to shoot.

I've been playing through Far Cry 3 Classic and I do not remember fighting with the controls this much when I played on PS3. Like, it's really frustrating, especially when driving and climbing towers. I've always defended the towers in Far Cry games since I remember having fun with them, but god drat if this is what people are talking about then I completely understand.