Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SalTheBard posted:

I'm 3p. I don't care who wins but as I have no way of communicating with scum I might as well roll with town

Then you should be trying to vote out 23skidoo or whatever who is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Then you should be trying to vote out 23skidoo or whatever who is scum

That's why I'm voting ASF

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote sal didn't react very happily 4 allegedly winning

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

##vote sal didn't react very happily 4 allegedly winning

What did I have to react to?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

So I'll just come out with it and let the chips fall were they may.

I'm a 3P who wins if the heart is destroyed. As the heart was destroyed by Pod I've won but was given the option to stay in the game. **There might be a new heart but I'm not sure**

So if you cuddle me nbd because I won already and have nothing to play for.

My kill takes a night to setup so I was trying to keep IP alive so that I could finish them off Night 2.

That was why I speculated that Birb might have a similar role. So yeah if you guys turbo me or otherwise vote me out it is a waste of a day for you.

Sal you’re good people but I don’t believe any of this at all lol

##vote Sal

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the game continuing and Sal still being in it makes me disbelieve that Sal met his wincon

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Oh yeah. I forgot we can lynch both of these guys.

Let's do that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh yeah. I forgot we can lynch both of these guys.

Let's do that.

you were playing better when you were dead

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
waking up to the next episode of the Yami-Toal hydra placed in remedial class act, I should probably note this:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes, I am aware this is setup spec, but there is like, literally no way this setup has a protective role that can protect the heart carrier multiple nights in a row in a 4 day game.

:wrong:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

the game continuing and Sal still being in it makes me disbelieve that Sal met his wincon

I have an individual wincon as I am a 3P, but sure

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

28766f69642a2930 posted:

agreed.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Pod, you should've never used your ability.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

What did I have to react to?

Achieving win condition

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Achieving win condition

Why would I react to that in thread?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Because you won and there are no stakes and no reasons to not pop off or do anything. Also I dare to make a post that doesn't ask a question

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tell me the name of the individual who wrote your fakeclaim

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Because you won and there are no stakes and no reasons to not pop off or do anything. Also I dare to make a post that doesn't ask a question

Do I ask a lot of questions?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I won't allow trolling in this game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suffer not the 3P to live

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Tell me the name of the individual who wrote your fakeclaim

I'm not fakeclaiming?

I mean look, I have nothing else to gain. If you guys cuddle me thats fine, I've already won (albeit totally accidentally). It was kind of a hollow victory, which is why I was allowed to actually try to achieve my wincon on it's own. But I really don't think I have an avenue to achieve that. Basically I would have to know by tonight who has the heart, setup my kill, and then kill them on N3, all while hoping they didn't get cuddled on D3. I have a really challenging wincon, that I accidentally was able to achieve through no effort on my own (other than nudging Pod a little to use the vig on IP).

So yeah if you want to know why I didn't react, I had nothing to react to. I full claimed because I figured town might keep me around until d4 because that way they at least know who one 3p is and they can at least cuddle me last. If I haven't setup a kill by N3 I can't win (again). I would prefer to stay and help town scum hunt.

I still think there is a possibility that the revived players are not playing with towns best interest in mind. If there was no way for them to flip alignment, there reintroduction to the game wouldn't have required janitored alignments. Look into your heart, you know what I'm saying is true.

If Toalpaz, imgay, Yami, and b-minus1 are all town I will use my vig on myself out of shame, but the odds that one of the 4 of them are scum are super high.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not fakeclaiming?

I mean look, I have nothing else to gain. If you guys cuddle me thats fine, I've already won (albeit totally accidentally). It was kind of a hollow victory, which is why I was allowed to actually try to achieve my wincon on it's own. But I really don't think I have an avenue to achieve that. Basically I would have to know by tonight who has the heart, setup my kill, and then kill them on N3, all while hoping they didn't get cuddled on D3. I have a really challenging wincon, that I accidentally was able to achieve through no effort on my own (other than nudging Pod a little to use the vig on IP).

So yeah if you want to know why I didn't react, I had nothing to react to. I full claimed because I figured town might keep me around until d4 because that way they at least know who one 3p is and they can at least cuddle me last. If I haven't setup a kill by N3 I can't win (again). I would prefer to stay and help town scum hunt.

I still think there is a possibility that the revived players are not playing with towns best interest in mind. If there was no way for them to flip alignment, there reintroduction to the game wouldn't have required janitored alignments. Look into your heart, you know what I'm saying is true.

If Toalpaz, imgay, Yami, and b-minus1 are all town I will use my vig on myself out of shame, but the odds that one of the 4 of them are scum are super high.

While it's possible (and likely) that one of them has flipped alignments (in fact, even roles could have been swapped around, as those were janitored too), that argument is once again bogus.

The bigger reason the flips are janitored is because we'd have 4 confirmed town otherwise.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
sal my guy, even barring a revive, the chance of pod reviving 4 people with one vig is highly unlikely, the game wasn't balanced to account for reviving 4 flipped town and I guarantee you that there are 1-2 scum in the people left unkilled at the end of n1.

why are you jumping through loops to assume that one of the four of us are scum, or that hunting that scum is necessary over hunting someone who didn't flip town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

While it's possible (and likely) that one of them has flipped alignments (in fact, even roles could have been swapped around, as those were janitored too), that argument is once again bogus.

The bigger reason the flips are janitored is because we'd have 4 confirmed town otherwise.

I don't understand what you are saying. Sorry. You said that it is likely someone flipped but the argument is bogus because of reasons?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I don't understand what you are saying. Sorry. You said that it is likely someone flipped but the argument is bogus because of reasons?

You're deliberately throwing shade on the revived people without stating the big reason why they're janitored, is what I'm saying.

What you're saying (that you're a 3p that won and doesn't care) and what you're doing (throwing shade on people deliberately) are not matching up.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ive just been targeted with a day action that made me do this
##vote hawke

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

sal my guy, even barring a revive, the chance of pod reviving 4 people with one vig is highly unlikely, the game wasn't balanced to account for reviving 4 flipped town and I guarantee you that there are 1-2 scum in the people left unkilled at the end of n1.

why are you jumping through loops to assume that one of the four of us are scum, or that hunting that scum is necessary over hunting someone who didn't flip town.

My main reason for claiming was to explain why I personally was pushing for ASF over IP. I think ASF still looks scummy as hell. I tried to come up with an excuse that made sense without revealing my 3p-ness but I couldn't come up with a plausible excuse. I don't care if you cuddle Birb outside of thinking it's a stupid decision.

ASF should be #1 with a bullet

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sal didn’t you just play in a Solus game where revived townies could come back anti-town?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

You're deliberately throwing shade on the revived people without stating the big reason why they're janitored, is what I'm saying.

What you're saying (that you're a 3p that won and doesn't care) and what you're doing (throwing shade on people deliberately) are not matching up.

The big reason for a Janitored flip is because they changed alignment???

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Yes. He also was the guy with that role

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Sal didn’t you just play in a Solus game where revived townies could come back anti-town?

SalTheBard posted:

Something that is really bothering me is this:

In Mega Man, the revive had a chance to bring back the player as scum. I'm worried that my be the case here. Your flips were Janitored and there was no reason to do that unless some of you changed to scum (or are some sort of 3rd party faction)

So I don't really trust any of you and I think the pushes against Birb and I are really sketchy at best.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I think pod would know if his own power would do that

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

The big reason for a Janitored flip is because they changed alignment???

You cannot possibly this dense.

The revive is janitored so you don't have 4 instant confirmed town.

It's fully possible for it to be a complete herring that simply exists to avoid half the game being unlynchable because they're modconfirmed as town from the flips.

Saying "one of them is probably scum" is a fallacy, and only serves to distract from the non-revived people, which 100% still have scum in them.

You are not helping town by doing this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

All I see is you trying to muddy the waters. You still can't explain Hawke's and your tunnel vision on ASF over flipped scum in a day where they both started looking just as scummy as each other.

You two have just double down on pushing ASF. Without evolving your arguments beyond 'ASF posts shady too'.

We know ASF posted shady.

But we also know IP flipped scum. And Hawke focused on pushing to vote to ASF exclusively while each could have been good candidates.

Why don't you use information that we all have access to, evidence, to inform your vote. Why do you rely on set up spec to throw baseless suspicion?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

You cannot possibly this dense.

The revive is janitored so you don't have 4 instant confirmed town.

It's fully possible for it to be a complete herring that simply exists to avoid half the game being unlynchable because they're modconfirmed as town from the flips.

Saying "one of them is probably scum" is a fallacy, and only serves to distract from the non-revived people, which 100% still have scum in them.

You are not helping town by doing this.

are me and you secretly the same person?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote sal
you aint town i tell you hwhat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

##vote sal
you aint town i tell you hwhat

imgay, please vote hawke so we can kill scum, I don't think sal is going to win. scum are more scary with their nk

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know what you mean by hawke

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote hawke ill try anyways

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Just keep the votes equal so we can lunch both of them at the same time. Efficiency!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im a doc you dunces