Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know those sort of 3D images that will pop up on facebook occasionally? Where it moves dynamically as you scroll? Well this morning I saw the Godzilla official page post one for the Rodan poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Original Rodan: Dorky chicken-looking doofus.
New Rodan: Terrifying loving Hell-beast.

The original 1956 Rodan looked pretty good idk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

That reminds me. It took me a bunch of viewings to catch that when Godzilla runs into KG at the end of the trailer, he grabs a head in each hand.

Oh poo poo!

I have no doubts this movie is in excellent hands - it's going to deliver so hard.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

NECA's figures are pretty good for its price point. Not as articulated as SHMonsterArts tho.

Burkion posted:

Good NECA figures are Shin if you don't mind his head being a tad too long, G54 and GMK. 94 is a fun figure, 2014 looks fine though is about to get super overshadowed by KotM Goji, and 84 is

Vintersorg posted:

Just save your duckets for X-Plus series, haha. They are truly worth the money. :)

CelticPredator posted:

2014 12 inch figure is great. I think they just re-released it.

Y'all trippin. This is what a good Godzilla toy looks like:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
One of my friends growing up had that Godzilla figure and I was extremely jealous of him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My only Godzilla toy as a child was Trendmasters' Space Godzilla. I loved that loving toy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had the huge Zilla that had the buttons on its back so you could move its arms and mouth.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

I had this toy with a much more subdued paint job. I took it with me everywhere and I still have it in a box in a box in my basement. I need to take that bad boy out.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I had this toy with a much more subdued paint job. I took it with me everywhere and I still have it in a box in a box in my basement. I need to take that bad boy out.

I wonder if you just had one that had a lot of wear and tear and the paint had faded. The one my friend had was like that, I think he'd had it handed down to him by some older cousin or something.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Schwarzwald posted:

Oooh yeah, I still have this big boy. :D

(poo poo shot)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

My only Godzilla toy as a child was Trendmasters' Space Godzilla. I loved that loving toy.

Was that the one that roared and poo poo, I loved that toy

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mandatory lesbian posted:

Was that the one that roared and poo poo, I loved that toy

Yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7R5zM-BU0

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I wonder if you just had one that had a lot of wear and tear and the paint had faded. The one my friend had was like that, I think he'd had it handed down to him by some older cousin or something.

I'll try to find it tonight to take a pic, I'm almost certain it 1) didn't have the silver chest/backplates, 2) badly painted eyes, or 3) red lips, but you may be right. The gauze of nostalgia lies heavy.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'll try to find it tonight to take a pic, I'm almost certain it 1) didn't have the silver chest/backplates, 2) badly painted eyes, or 3) red lips, but you may be right. The gauze of nostalgia lies heavy.

I had one with a red chest and lipstick, and none of the spikes on the back, but otherwise the same mold. a shameful knockoff godzilla but it was good enough for me.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

HannibalBarca posted:

Ghidorah: “They have as king over them, the angel of the Abyss. A star fallen from heaven to earth, he opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like that of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened...”

“On march the banners of the King of Hell,”
My Master said. “Toward us. Look straight Ahead:
Can you make him out at the core of the frozen Shell?”

Like a whirling windmill seen afar at twilight,
or when a mist has risen from the ground-
just such an engine rose upon my sight

stirring up such a wild and bitter wind
I cowered for shelter at my Master’s back,
there being no other windbreak I could find.

I stood now where the souls of the last class
(with fear my verses tell it) were covered wholly;
they shone below the ice like straws in glass.

Some lie stretched out; others are fixed in place
upright, some on their heads, some on their soles;
another, like a bow, bends foot to face.

When we had gone so far across the ice
that it pleased my Guide to show me the foul creature
which once had worn the grace of Paradise,

he made me stop, and, stepping aside, he said:
“Now see the face of Dis! This is the place
Where you must arm your soul against all Dread.”

Do not ask, Reader, how my blood ran cold
and my voice choked up with fear. I cannot write it; this is a terror that cannot be told.

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath:
imagine for yourself what I became,
deprived at once of both my life and death.

The Emperor of the Universe of Pain
jutted his upper chest above the ice;
and I am closer in size to the great mountain

the Titans’ make around the central pit,
than they to his arms. Now, starting from this part,
imagine the whole that corresponds to it!

If he was once as beautiful as now
he is hideous, and still turned on his Maker,
well may he be the source of every woe!

- Dante describing Satan in the ice

Schwarzwald posted:

word up. And yeah, that paint rubbed off faster than the gi joes who had to fight him!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

Ghidorah: “They have as king over them, the angel of the Abyss. A star fallen from heaven to earth, he opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like that of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened...”

If this isn't a giant wink and a nod at Ghidorah's alien origin then idunno what is

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I had one of those as well and it got so banged up the shoulder crystals were like a rainbow of other toy's paint.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scyantific posted:

If this isn't a giant wink and a nod at Ghidorah's alien origin then idunno what is

Coupled with the ARG listing Ghidorah's species and origin as unknown (whereas they have species names for the other big kaiju), that shot of the trailer of something falling to earth like a meteor... yeah, I fully expect they're going with the alien origin.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Maybe this isn't correct, but it also just looks like Ghidorah in the shot there is encased in ice and I like the implication if that's so that it's the Anthropocene that has freed Ghidorah in the first place. I'd love for that to intersect with a space origin.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Corrosion posted:

Maybe this isn't correct, but it also just looks like Ghidorah in the shot there is encased in ice and I like the implication if that's so that it's the Anthropocene that has freed Ghidorah in the first place. I'd love for that to intersect with a space origin.

It's not correct, ecoterrorist lady is consciously blowing up Monarch facilities and freeing the kaiju because she thinks she can control them and they'll restore Earth to a paradise because we've been destroying everything. Or so interviews have said is the gist of her character.

Violator
May 15, 2003

The thread needs a new clever title.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Cythereal posted:

It's not correct, ecoterrorist lady is consciously blowing up Monarch facilities and freeing the kaiju because she thinks she can control them and they'll restore Earth to a paradise because we've been destroying everything. Or so interviews have said is the gist of her character.

I am curious in context what that substance holding Ghidorah is, though not so much an interview explanation. They're reiterating plot, but that doesn't really give a sense of what is shown to explain how the facility came into unearthing/containing Ghidorah. At the very least I can say the still shots and trailers alone are thought provoking. Because I'm not saying Ghidorah melted from the ice then emerged in a single stroke, I'm saying it looks Ghidorah is tied into imagery related to the Anthropocene.

Like when you say she's an ecoterrorist and stuff, the Anthropocene is very much the culmination of ecological horrors man has wrought on Earth. It remains to be seen, so this isn't saying "Well I'm for sure right" but I just want to make it clear I'm not looking for a plot summary to explain what I've seen either.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i think we should just lend the monsters to the nice fellas on Planet X

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Godzilla: Fancy Kaiju Party
Godzilla: Cranky and Crankier
Godzilla: King of Meltdowns

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Godzilla: he opened the shaft

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Godzilla KOTM: Creature's Pets

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Godzilla KOTM: Hail to the King

Godzilla KOTM: Yep, she's in this one. And him. Him, too.

Godzilla KOTM: Regicide

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Godzilla: King Caesar of the Monsters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Godzilla: King of the Kongs

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Godzilla: King poo poo of gently caress (Monster) Island

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Godzilla: Hail To The King, Baby

Godzilla: Skreeonk!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Godzilla: King poo poo of gently caress (Monster) Island

That's the stuff

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
Just title it:
Let Them Fight!

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Do That Kaiju That You Do So Well

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla: KOTM - Gamera not in it so it's trash.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I couldn't find my dumpy old big Godzilla but I did dig out these guys :black101:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CedRuiz/status/1072176674362417152

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
"Ha!... Banana oil!": The Daikaiju Megathread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"It might sound unscientific, but we could ask the fairies to post in the Godzilla thread"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Godzilla: Long Live The King