Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

iospace posted:

Miami is cool because you have Mr Bean

paging djexile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teemu Pokemon posted:

paging djexile

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG beats Minn STate 4-1 hell yeah :cool:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bowling Green is actually good?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Bowling Green is actually good?

Bergeron's built a very good squad over the last few years and they had the misfortune of either missing out on the national tournament by .0002 pairwise points or losing the conference championship in heartbreaking fashion. Basically they're a great regular season team that finds ways to collapse in the postseason. This may well finally be their year to break through, but they've also said that about the last couple years so...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BGFalconHockey/status/1074126758084034561

hell yeah :cool:

also holy god this inevitable collapse is gonna hurt all the harder isn't it

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Minnesota State has had a very soft schedule compared to the rest of the top teams. If they could have gone into BG and swept or split they would have silenced some doubters. It looks like everyone was right to be skeptical.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Minnesota State is always deep but basically lost all their top scorers and LaCouvee was a hell of a goaltender for them. It's easy to assume they'll take a step back but Hastings is a hell of a coach and the conference still very much runs through them.

E: They scheduled well too (at least, I assume those games were set a couple years ago) but man BU, NoDak and Minnesota have all regressed in the last year or two. Minn-Duluth may smoke them in a couple weeks.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 16, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I think UMD is at a significant disadvantage. Our 3rd and 4th defensemen are in the IIHF World Juniors along with our 3rd line C who has been excellent. Sandelin too, but Hastings is with him so that's a wash. Mankato isn't sending anyone to IIHF.

The only game we haven't had Samberg was a 7-4 loss to the Gophers. Granted, that was game 2 of a very early start to the season, but Samberg is instrumental to the team. Mikey Anderson is very underrated. Matt Anderson and Louie Roehl are a solid 3rd pairing, but moving them up to 2nd and running a 3rd pairing of Lellig and Hilderman doesn't give you much.

This is before knowing if our leading goalscorer and Captain is still hurt, or if our starting C and starting RW are still hurt.

I was hoping to get Mankato with something approximating full strength, not down 3 top 6 forwards, 1 third line center, and 2 top 4 defensemen.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

also holy god this inevitable collapse is gonna hurt all the harder isn't it

miami redhawks 2005-2012

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

miami redhawks 2005-2012

I feel ya brother :sigh::respek::sigh:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It wasn't brought up but Scott Matzka (formerly of U-M) died at age 40 from ALS.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...tle/2331294002/

It was at one of his benefit games that the mythical triple score-o + 3/4 rink Mike Legg goal occurred.

Matzka was a member of the 98 NC team (assisted on the GWG) and pretty widely beloved. He leaves behind a 9 and a 7 year old in addition to his wife. ALS loving sucks, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XFPuTVLNo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

It wasn't brought up but Scott Matzka (formerly of U-M) died at age 40 from ALS.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...tle/2331294002/

It was at one of his benefit games that the mythical triple score-o + 3/4 rink Mike Legg goal occurred.

Matzka was a member of the 98 NC team (assisted on the GWG) and pretty widely beloved. He leaves behind a 9 and a 7 year old in addition to his wife. ALS loving sucks, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XFPuTVLNo

Oh man that's awful :(

gently caress ALS

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dang

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

A bewildered archaeologist, a professor of antiquities and the arcane at Miskatonic University, thousands of years hence, is excavating the ruins of a grand colosseum on the shores of a vast inland sea.

He uncovers tapestries produced by an ancient and unknown culture. The tapestries have upon them the horrifying visage of a savage beast, yet with an air of nobility, apparently canid with a prominent mandibular prognathism. He sees at least two of these tapestries, perhaps many more, massive in size, woven in white with the ancient numerals and letters of that fated and archaic society by the sea.

The archaeologist glimpses in his mind the enemies of this elder race drowned in a fathom of blood; he hears the terrible canticle of an innumerable host singing of glories both desiccated and eternal. The words came suddenly, drawn involuntarily from his lips, issued at a whisper, heard only by the invisible horrors of that abyssal arena and the fading remnants of his lucid mind, "Banners hang forever..."

As the last vestiges of his sanity are ripped free, a sickly yellow light seems to fill the rancid air, and a ghastly choir with twisted faces and the image of the horrifying beast borne upon their chests reveals itself in the encircling canopy of moldering stone. This hideous host begins to sing lustily from their frog-like throats:

"In heaven there is no beer! That's why we drink it here! And when we're gone from here our friends will be drinking our beer!"

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 29, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A bewildered archaeologist, a professor of antiquities and the arcane at Miskatonic University, thousands of years hence, is excavating the ruins of a grand colosseum on the shores of a vast inland sea.

He uncovers tapestries produced by an ancient and unknown culture. The tapestries have upon them the horrifying visage of a savage beast, yet with an air of nobility, apparently canid with a prominent mandibular prognathism. He sees at least two of these tapestries, perhaps many more, massive in size, woven in white with the ancient numerals and letters of that fated and archaic society by the sea.

The archaeologist glimpses in his mind the enemies of this elder race drowned in a fathom of blood; he hears the terrible canticle of an innumerable host singing of glories both desiccated and eternal. The words came suddenly, drawn involuntarily from his lips, issued at a whisper, heard only by the invisible horrors of that abyssal arena and the fading remnants of his lucid mind, "Banners hang forever..."

As the last vestiges of his sanity are ripped free, a sickly yellow light seems to fill the rancid air, and a ghastly choir with twisted faces and the image of the horrifying beast borne upon their chests reveals itself in the encircling canopy of moldering stone. This hideous host begins to sing lustily from their frog-like throats:

"In heaven there is no beer! That's why we drink it here! And when we're gone from here our friends will be drinking our beer!"

:allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

same

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

gently caress Notre Dame

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Beating Mankato shorthanded is loving awesome.

Hopefully the team can muster the same intensity for Clarkson as they did for a huge rival. That loving giant cactus trophy rules.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

How the gently caress you gonna beat MSU and then lose to loving Clarkson????

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan lost to Northern and it's fine because Michigan is a Basketball School

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan and MSU tied (this is the 5th tie in a row for Michigan) and rather than watch these two dumpster fires play any more hockey, the GLI told them to take their tie and get loving lost. You're both 3rd/4th place.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan and MSU tied (this is the 5th tie in a row for Michigan) and rather than watch these two dumpster fires play any more hockey, the GLI told them to take their tie and get loving lost. You're both 3rd/4th place.

hahaha that's amazing

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

fuckin lmao

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Losing to Clarkson really hosed up UMD's rpi.

The nice thing about being in a conference with Denver, UND, and SCSU is that there are so many RPI heavy teams you don't need to win the conference to get into the tournament.

The lovely thing about being in a conference with those teams is that it is probably loving easier to win the NCAA tournament than it is to win the loving conference.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 2, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo Union where did that come from :stare:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan and gently caress Notre Dame are playing outside.

Nobody gives a gently caress

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan and gently caress Notre Dame are playing outside.

Nobody gives a gently caress

That's going to have a crowd of like a thousand at most. Are they still going to put people in the football stands or did they put up anything on field level? Because man that's gonna look weird as hell if it's the former.

E: I completely forgot Hastings is coaching team USA for the world juniors. That explains Minnesota State's iffy run of play lately.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 5, 2019

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Where is the Michigan/ND outdoor game

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

ND stadium on NBC sports

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
NBCSN is showing NHL Top 10

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Game starts in 45 min

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There's roughly 4,000 people in the stadium for this game. Only like 109,000 shy of the record, fellas

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cale Morris with laugher of the year

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Cale Morris with laugher of the year

Followed by a second weak as hell goal