Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There was a bounty of free samples today. Bought a plush robe for lounging around the house and a Sherpa-lined flannel.

PBUC.

E: anybody else buy the roasted veggie cauliflower crust pizzas? They're awesome, and a good price compared to any other gluten free frozen pizzas.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Are you guys talking about the ones that attach to the rim of your toilet or whatever? Does that make the toilet harder to clean? Can it be removed easily? What kind of water source do you hook it up to? Would you get some sort of splitter running off the main intake?

Always wanted to get one but figured it'd be a hassle.

Also winters are cold here. Will I get an ice stalagtite hanging off my butthole if I don't turn the heat up?

I was also wondering about this. I got one of those little toilet night lights and let me tell you, after three weeks that thing is just coated in poo poo spray

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

revmoo posted:

I was also wondering about this. I got one of those little toilet night lights and let me tell you, after three weeks that thing is just coated in poo poo spray

Um, close the lid before you flush?

Once I started really taking care of my home, I realized that sitting down to pee and closing the lid when I flush makes cleaning near the toilet a breeze. Flushing with the lid up just fountains poo poo and piss particles all over your bathroom.

And I have one of those fancy electronic bidets in one bathroom; you install it yourself and it's really easy. You just unscrew your toilet seat, bolt it on, plug it in, and hook up your normal cold tap. They use an internal tank to heat up the water without needing a hot water line coming in, so it's not like you can soak your rear end in hot water, but it's more than enough to clean your hole.

Just make sure the bidet you buy fits the dimensions of your toilet.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Are you guys talking about the ones that attach to the rim of your toilet or whatever? Does that make the toilet harder to clean? Can it be removed easily? What kind of water source do you hook it up to? Would you get some sort of splitter running off the main intake?

Always wanted to get one but figured it'd be a hassle.

Also winters are cold here. Will I get an ice stalagtite hanging off my butthole if I don't turn the heat up?

Not sure about the lineup at Costco, but Toto's selfclean decently and heat both the water and the seat. They split off the toilet water supply.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mandoric posted:

Not sure about the lineup at Costco, but Toto's selfclean decently and heat both the water and the seat. They split off the toilet water supply.

Yeah, when I said cold tap in my previous post, I meant the cold tap water line for the toilet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I opened up my fridge this morning and was like HOLY gently caress WHATS THAT SMELL then i realized it was the stank rear end Jasper Hills cheese I bought. Its basically molten at room temperature. So good.

Gotta double bag it.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Chinatown posted:

I opened up my fridge this morning and was like HOLY gently caress WHATS THAT SMELL then i realized it was the stank rear end Jasper Hills cheese I bought. Its basically molten at room temperature. So good.

Gotta double bag it.

Now soak it in garlic

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Yesterday I visited the church and purchased a bottle of the insanely delicious garlic-infused olive oil. I loaded everything into the backseat of my brand new car, and when I got home found out that the glass olive oil bottle was broken. It was definitely already broken when I picked it up in the store, as everything that had been situated under the bottle in the cart was streaked with oil. During the car ride home the bottom half of the bottle basically dissolved into small glass shards, and dumped about half a liter of oil all over the (again) brand new upholstery.

I took my receipt back to the ‘co, expecting to easily get the olive oil refunded for my trouble, but the customer service lady was extremely unhelpful. She demanded that I return the bottle and the oil to get a refund, even though I showed her photos of the stained backseat upholstery and the glass/oil is now mixed with a swirl of upholstery shampoo in the belly of my shop vac.

A manager ultimately refunded my got dang $8.89, but my faith is shaken. Still drowned my sorrows in a hot dog + soda with refill though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh poo poo. Are you going to have to professionally get that out?

Orrrr...... Costco might sell a good upholstery cleaner. :haw:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Last year I found a bottle of the expensive bespoke olive oil that someone left in their cart when returning it. Took that poo poo home, it ruled.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

meet girls at the store posted:

Yesterday I visited the church and purchased a bottle of the insanely delicious garlic-infused olive oil. I loaded everything into the backseat of my brand new car, and when I got home found out that the glass olive oil bottle was broken. It was definitely already broken when I picked it up in the store, as everything that had been situated under the bottle in the cart was streaked with oil. During the car ride home the bottom half of the bottle basically dissolved into small glass shards, and dumped about half a liter of oil all over the (again) brand new upholstery.

I took my receipt back to the ‘co, expecting to easily get the olive oil refunded for my trouble, but the customer service lady was extremely unhelpful. She demanded that I return the bottle and the oil to get a refund, even though I showed her photos of the stained backseat upholstery and the glass/oil is now mixed with a swirl of upholstery shampoo in the belly of my shop vac.

A manager ultimately refunded my got dang $8.89, but my faith is shaken. Still drowned my sorrows in a hot dog + soda with refill though.

I think you broke it

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Oh poo poo. Are you going to have to professionally get that out?

Orrrr...... Costco might sell a good upholstery cleaner. :haw:

Sadly the ‘co does not sell an upholstery cleaner, but I did get the stains out with a wet vac and a whole lot of Dr. Bronner’s.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I bought a smartwatch about 3 weeks ago from Costco online and while it's ok I think maybe the tech/interface isn't where I hoped it was and in thinking of returning it. Can I return that no issue at the Co, and/or should I feel bad about returning it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I bought a smartwatch about 3 weeks ago from Costco online and while it's ok I think maybe the tech/interface isn't where I hoped it was and in thinking of returning it. Can I return that no issue at the Co, and/or should I feel bad about returning it?

Return it and don’t feel bad.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
And get a hot dog

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Apple watch or no smart watch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Apple watch or no smart watch

I love my Galaxy Watch. :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I use my FitBit as a watch but the strap just broke so I'm ordering a new one.

In the meantime I'm using my terrorist watch. The ol' Casio F91W-1

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

cool guys

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Don't you people have smart phones that you always carry anyways? Who needs a watch in 2018?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trastion posted:

Don't you people have smart phones that you always carry anyways? Who needs a watch in 2018?

The Apple Watch is cool and good friend.

I like not having to pick up my phone to ignore a call or read a text.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

The Apple Watch is cool and good friend.

I like not having to pick up my phone to ignore a call or read a text.

Yeah I feel that this is a misunderstood part of the Apple ecosystem. The goal is to make the other devices redundant as much of the time as possible.

Macbook - Apple Watch - iPhone - Airpods

For example, when I use my macbook pro I can ignore every aspect of my phone and watch, as I can make calls from my computer, text on my computer, etc. it just does everything I need to do while I'm sitting down working or in a meeting. Phone stays in pocket, and watch unchecked.

Then, when you're out and about, the watch, especially in concert with Airpods makes your phone completely redundant- it's the only device you care about when you're on the move.

Of course if you're mobile and you're also trying to browse the web, search for some piece of data or use an app (I view this as being quasi-stationary, like in the subway or stopping what you're doing to some degree but not to the extent of busting your macbook out) you use the iPhone. But the iphone is really just the hub of the system allowing autonomy of the other pieces of the package. Sometimes you need your phone, but mostly it can stay in your pocket.

Stationary: Macbook
Quasi-stationary: iPhone
On the move: Watch and Airpods

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
who teh gently caress wears a watch

just pull out your phone and check the time you old fucks!

*beeper goes off*

hold on...I needa get this

*finds last payphone in the U.S.A*

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

meet girls at the store posted:

Sorry for you are lots!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Taima posted:

Yeah I feel that this is a misunderstood part of the Apple ecosystem. The goal is to make the other devices redundant as much of the time as possible.

For example, when I use my macbook pro I can ignore every aspect of my phone and watch, as I can make calls from my computer, text on my computer, etc. it just does everything I need to do while I'm sitting down working or in a meeting. Phone stays in pocket, and watch unchecked.

Then, when you're out and about, the watch, especially in concert with Airpods makes your phone completely redundant- it's the only device you care about when you're on the move.

Of course if you're mobile and you're also trying to browse the web, search for some piece of data or use an app (I view this as being quasi-stationary, like in the subway or stopping what you're doing to some degree but not to the extent of busting your macbook out) you use the iPhone. But the iphone is really just the hub of the system allowing autonomy of the other pieces of the package. Sometimes you need your phone, but mostly it can stay in your pocket.

That's great but my Android phone can do all that and I don't need a watch and laptop and if I need earbuds they cost me like $20 for a good pair.

You don't need the watch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Pretty much this.

Also you are a drat fool if you buy anything besides the Costco wrapping paper.

This roll is gonna last forever and is a very heavy stock.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty much this.

Gun, bike, or sous vide part?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Gun, bike, or sous vide part?

Lol that stupid wine glass I posted about up thread.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dangit I was gonna guess a big rubber dong

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

raton posted:

If Costco sold one I would have absolutely bought it as a gag gift.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

raton posted:

Only if they come in a pack of 6

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty much this.

I bought a four pack today. How much gift wrapping should I check to get out of it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

I bought a four pack today. How much gift wrapping should I check to get out of it?

Like in years? or number of gifts?

I know people that bought the big rolls that have literally lasted for years.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Trastion posted:

That's great but my Android phone can do all that and I don't need a watch and laptop and if I need earbuds they cost me like $20 for a good pair.

You don't need the watch.

I was simply explaining why each device is useful in the ecosystem for the people who do buy them. I honestly have no idea what you're even responding to here.

The only clothing you really need is a potato sack, that doesn't mean I wear a loving potato sack to work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No one really needs a watch at all when you can just look at the sun and the stars to tell time.

We are just saying it is nice to have and we find it useful.

I've had the Apple watch since it first came out and I'll be the first one to tell people that its not a must have but it is just nice to have. I could live without it no question.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
How much is a roll anyway? Gotta do some kids games this year that involve wrapping a box up and putting inside a bigger box, that is also wrapped and so on and so on

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a calculator watch I use it to know what time it is it is better at this than my phone

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How much is a roll anyway? Gotta do some kids games this year that involve wrapping a box up and putting inside a bigger box, that is also wrapped and so on and so on

Uh I think the big ones are 12.99 (or 11.99) each and the multi pack is 12.99.

The multi pack has less sq feet but its a variety.

Two big rolls is actually 4 since its reversible so it is probably the better value. Like I said its also really heavy stock so it doesn't rip and poo poo when you need to bend it a little.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I also have a a non calculator watch or two for when the calculator watch it not fitting to the clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I also think you should carry at least a couple hundred in cash on you and if you're one of those guys that wants to tell me how they don't and they always just use their card I will have less respect for you