Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hello my name's Chev and my fetish is bendy sword animation frames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

melty blood source material = pretty cool if obviously very flawed storygame with some neat ideas made as a passion project by two guys in a basement which was then turned into a fighting game as a passion project by maybe 5-10 guys in a different basement who thought that original storygame was neato

this game source material = yet another gacha game that exists to bait over-stressed salary-men and people with mental illnesses into gambling all their money away on gifs of soulless generic cliche unexciting 1D anime babes (and the odd dude) with no real unified vision beyond "whatever trend is in this week" that you then use in an extremely bare bones rpg type game because actual gambling is illegal in japan so they have to hide it under a few layers of bullshit first, which is now being turned into a fighting game because arcsys decided to make a game with even less visual variety in movesets than dbz
cagliostro is my trans friend

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I like melty blood

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

I like melty blood
gently caress yeah

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like picking Nrvnqsr and then jumping and pressing C

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chev posted:

I like 'em.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

cagliostro is my trans friend

:yeah:

Zand posted:

I like melty blood

:yeah:

DoubleDonut posted:

I like picking Satsuki and failing to do much of anything but giving it my all regardless

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Chev posted:

That's a common technique in animation. Makes things look smother in motion but it's hosed up when you look at a single freeze-frame.
Overwatch did it too:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

why the long face lol

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

but no it's cool, one of the reasons guilty gear looks so sick. Someone post the Slayer wheel. Or any Slayer smear.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

DoubleDonut posted:

gesundheit!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

quote:

Aiming for something like street fighter 2

Hoping this means quick walkspeed and high damage even though I know it means "appealing to the nostalgia of people who mashed on a SF2 cab once when they were a kid".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's me.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Arzachel posted:

Hoping this means quick walkspeed and high damage even though I know it means "appealing to the nostalgia of people who mashed on a SF2 cab once when they were a kid".

also hoping the same but expecting the worst

edit: there are good ppl working on this game so I really want it to be good. but at this point, marketing speak for fgs gets autotranslated by my brain in the worst way

Zand fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 15, 2018

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's a common technique in animation. Makes things look smother in motion but it's hosed up when you look at a single freeze-frame.
Overwatch did it too:

Yeah, I know. However, it's worth noting that while common in 2d it's actually not common at all in 3d game animation due to technical reasons (namely, it requires a bunch of extra bones which makes animations heavier both to store and render, plus pre-UE4-gen engines traditionally lack support for non-uniform scaling because it makes it much easier to encode animations, support for it had to be modded in UE3 by Arcsys for the first Xrd and Blizzard uses a custom engine) and game animators usually not being well versed in the traditional principles of animation, and post-Xrd Arcsys games and Overwatch were pretty much originators for the modern use of this (and for that matter it hasn't spread much). Certainly the first to talk about it at GDC, although I think League of Legends may have been using it before that, and if we go waaaaay back Ecstatica actually had it as a feature of its animation system.

Chev fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 15, 2018

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

johnny doesnt wear socks, it's really disturbing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Overwatch did it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHniEcn_gc

a great example of smear animation styles throughout this as well

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
where's the guy who didnt believe animators use references and that keyframes were a made up thing

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
blue guy with sword, blue girl with sword, blue pedophile bait with blue sword

never played granblue but i'm guessing it's called that because they don't know any other colors

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Broken Loose posted:

never played granblue but i'm guessing it's called that because they don't know any other colors

Mate, you might be color blind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

how is a character who isnt sexualized at all 'pedophile bait' lol

shes just a goofy short joke character

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

blue pedophile bait with blue sword

rofl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBtag was awesome but DBFZ was megatrash and I have 0 hope that the gacha AIDS spin off Fighter that's invoking SFII will be even remotely good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

blue pedophile bait with blue sword

What is wrong with you

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
To be fair she is from a japanese gacha game.
10 to 1 odds granblue fantasy has some in-game way to get jaypegs of her in a bikini out of a slot machine.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

10 to 1 odds granblue fantasy has some in-game way to get jaypegs of her in a bikini out of a slot machine.

yeah people going "what is wrong with you weirdo, there are no anime pedophiles" at that comment are either being pretty disingenuous or are extremely loving naive about anime

even if the game itself does absolutely nothing along those lines, even if the fandom is largely good about this, i guaran-loving-tee you someone on the chain of command for greenlighting these characters did so because "it'll get the 'lolicons' to dump money into the gacha"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

dam look at this raw sexual power

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

even if the game itself does absolutely nothing along those lines, even if the fandom is largely good about this, i guaran-loving-tee you someone on the chain of command for greenlighting these characters did so because "it'll get the 'lolicons' to dump money into the gacha"
i too, love inventing scenarios in which all female characters exist for men to jack off to, wokely

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i refused to play neko atsume cause it was clearly catfucker bait. theres so many cat buttholes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

sword that looks like an ocean gel thingamajig from an aquarium souvenir shop

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Victory Position posted:

I still think Brotherhood is a kinda cool sword..

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The potatoes aren't pedo bait.

All of that pretty much all goes to the female draphs :gonk: I don't think any of them are likely to make it to the game though, other than the ones that are less questionable to begin with.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I still think Brotherhood is a kinda cool sword..

i know it's a cool sword

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real tho irregardless of granblue's failings or wokeness or not in this regard its insanely frustrating to have this conversation literally every time a female character, like, exists. like you're literally inventing some vague shadowy figure who may or may not exist going 'ah, we will make money off the horny men' and by that logic literally no female character ever can exist because someone out there will probably be horny for her based on whatever traits she might have, and there's the vague possibility they were aware that someone out there might be horny for them. its an exhausting mental state to try and exist around.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Victory Position posted:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

i too, love inventing scenarios in which all female characters exist for men to jack off to, wokely

:cripes:

i'm not "inventing" poo poo. it is extremely loving well known, to the point where i genuinely don't believe you're unaware of this, that like 90% of modern anime is made to suck money out of horrible, horrible people because at some point anime producers realized that that was safer money than trying to go for a wide audience. assuming an anime gacha game is going to be extremely cynical and awful in the same ways is... not really a giant leap! it's actually not really a leap at all so much as it is a very tiny hop!

edit: and i realize that it is frustrating to have to constantly defend good female characters in anime because, essentially, nobody believes that they're good. gently caress, i agree with you on that front. but, like, the perception that anime is very goddamn bad at this did not come out of nowhere, and for shonen/seinen-targeted stuff it's even usually a fair generalization (shojo and josei are, uh, obviously not quite gonna be as bad here). that's part of why i always see the exceptions as worth cherishing: because they're cases where someone actually managed to push something good through all the cynical corporate morons, without having it get hosed over in the process. that's not a small amount of effort, from what I gather.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 16, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How did you find my high school notebook? I've probably drawn the one on the right before.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
shut the gently caress up and pyf arcade sticks
https://twitter.com/TheN4Us/status/1074099639823941632