Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Was that stuff about their Machinima contract running through 2025 ever verified?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Farg posted:

billys real name isnt billy

Billy Williams is his real name, actually

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Aww, that loving sucks. I never payed attention to any of the behind the scenes drama and stuff but this kinda doesn’t surprise me. They have been doing this for nine years for the most part and eventually this kinda stuff takes a toll.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aw hell, clicked the video hoping it was some kind of gag. :( Was wondering why we didn't get a fisticuffs/scrublords

WampaLord posted:

Aw man, this sucks. :smith:

Never turn your friendship into a business, I guess.
Yeah, one of the bigger bummers is hearing them outright say Matt and Pat aren't friends anymore.

Justice Sloth posted:

I'm glad they were honest and transparent about it and we didn't get a vague non-answer game grumps debacle.
Not gonna stop people from speculating about everything behind the scenes. Won't lie I'm finding myself wondering what exactly happened. I mean, this doesn't feel like the most surprising outcome, but I figured Matt and Pat still had some rapport; the Star Trek LP was real fun and I'm getting bummed out as I write this out thinking about how we won't get more.

This is a real bummer, while I kinda like their side content, none of it really fills the hole of lazy-watch material that the LPs do. On the upshot, I've had less time to keep up LPs lately and I guess that will no longer be a problem.

Glad there's gonna be Woolie and Pat podcast going forward - guess we got our wish of Chewie and Fuckface.

gently caress, it's kinda wild to think I feels like just a few years ago I checked it out a whim as a result of Pat/Woolie Being on Slowbeef's podcast.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This sucks

EatYourPeas
Jan 23, 2006

by astral
I tend to think that all things have endings and have new beginnings.I am glad that they still continue to entertain us and I hope that in time they will work this out

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
While Matt was definitely my least favourite(Due to him just corpsing hard when he decides he doesn't like a game), this really sucks hard. Can't say I didn't see it coming though, more surprised it took this long after liam left.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I got the video in my notifications and when I saw "Super Best Friends (Final)" I thought "Hah, did Billy forget the game title or something?" but then I started watching the video and thought it was a joke throughout and was waiting for the punchline.

Oxyclean posted:

Aw hell, clicked the video hoping it was some kind of gag. :(

Exactly me. I've been following this channel ever since the Downpour LP. Poor Matt, he looked really sad about it. :smith:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Nalesh posted:

While Matt was definitely my least favourite(Due to him just corpsing hard when he decides he doesn't like a game), this really sucks hard. Can't say I didn't see it coming though, more surprised it took this long after liam left.

Matt's been checking out on the lp's for a while lately, but his solo content has been great. You can tell where his energies have been going.

Honestly, this may be the best for everyone. Doing lp's for nearly nine years can be a bit draining creatively.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This isn't appropriate given the current gravity of everything but I feel it is worth mentioning

Matt did not censor Lucifer's cock and balls in the last episode of Dante's inferno and a thumbs up to him for that

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I think he was too drunk to even notice it was there.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
End of an era, everyone.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Gonna be honest, I'd kinda stopped watching because of Pat's bullshit and the KH being so bad that I ended up just buying the game myself but does kinda suck to see this happen. Thanks to them for getting me into fighting games after about 10 years of avoiding them. I'm really gonna miss fisticuffs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just learned Pat and Paige are banned words on Liam's stream.

So this kinda doubles down that Pat is as bad in real life as he puts on.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Man, what happened between Pat and Liam

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
The only LP i've been watching recently is Cthulu, and it's pretty decent. I know from secondhand exposure that the Kingdom Hearts one is as much of a mess as expected, and besides the only one of them who would be into it already played the whole series on his own channel.

To be honest, the only thing I'll really miss is the Shitstorm. It was always my favorite part of October every year.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tae posted:

I just learned Pat and Paige are banned words on Liam's stream.

So this kinda doubles down that Pat is as bad in real life as he puts on.

I wasn't the only one scrubbing the subreddit for info I see.

Apparently there was a small back and forth which got deleted that Crymetina commented on (which also got deleted) a few weeks back, too: https://archive.is/Amax1 https://archive.is/tNtpv

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm posting way more than I do but I got a bout of depression back in 2016 and watching their old lets plays (especially the Re 2 one) really helped me. Thanks guys.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I'm posting way more than I do but I got a bout of depression back in 2016 and watching their old lets plays (especially the Re 2 one) really helped me. Thanks guys.

I used to listen to old podcasts when I was depressed and alone so I understand fam.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Monathin posted:

Apparently there was a small back and forth which got deleted that Crymetina commented on (which also got deleted) a few weeks back, too: https://archive.is/Amax1 https://archive.is/tNtpv

drat, I've disliked Paige for a while, but only had a bit of bleedover on Pat. But with all this stuff coming out I guess he's about as bad. I still kinda liked Pat in all the Best Friends content because he felt removed from her.

I definitely can't watch his solo stuff because most of it involves her and I have no time for nazi apologists.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pity, I've been a fan of theirs for ages but like others have said it's not exactly a huge shock.

It's kinda hilarious seeing Matt get called an 'SJW' and all, he was always the one who used to be making the crazy irony jokes

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Been reading a bunch of stuff between here and resetera. Man I'm gonna have to check liam's poo poo out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm mostly bummed because I don't really like solo content, no matter who does it

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Liams stream content is definitely the lowest quality out of the 4 but his channel content is the usual quality.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'd highly recommend Liam, yeah. Maybe it's just because he and I have similar taste but I really enjoy pretty much all of his streams. Definitely moreso than any of the rest of their solo content.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Andrast posted:

I'm mostly bummed because I don't really like solo content, no matter who does it

I think matt's work because stuff like what happun and the like are scripted and don't need someone to bounce off of. They're shorter ten minute videos.

Pat's streams are something I won't check out because I hate solo let's plays

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat reminds me a lot of this lovely friend I had who was a huge rear end in a top hat but he was kind of fun to be around. The more you are around those people though the more you begin to realize how much your level of tolerance for other people's shittiness doesn't grow and you just want to stop being friends with them. I feel like Pat is a similar kind of person to that friend, but Pat is slightly less lovely. It also reminds me of how other people would think that friend is funny when they see him in passing, but personally dealing with them is a drain and I feel like both Liam and Matt felt that.

Sorry to armchair psychoanalyze, but I just thought that this was all familiar to me with the archived stuff people are bringing up.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Wiseblood posted:

Saw a few posts blaming Matt's wife because of course it has to be a woman's fault.

I'm blaming Matt's wife, and by wife I don't mean Leanna I mean obsessive and unnecessary video editing and title sequences

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Kay Kessler posted:

I think he was too drunk to even notice it was there.

He seems drunk or hosed up on lps a lot and I worry.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Who gets custody of Billy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Boruto

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

Billy's free now, the seal is broken

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hating think there's bad blood between anyone. I mean, there must be to some degree, but its a bummer regardless.

Rhonne posted:

Billy had a goodbye too:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Pat's streams are loving great. The only thing I don't like about them is how it sometimes takes like 40 minutes to get to the actual loving game.

Also gently caress Liam for being so petty. I know he's been detached for awhile but for everybody else this came out of loving nowhere.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Monaghan posted:

TheManSeries posted:

I used to listen to old podcasts when I was depressed and alone so I understand fam.
the podcast has legit helped me through some seriously tough work nights since they're long and genuinely funny. I hope Castle Superbeastcast continues that legacy, I'm just barely getting through the work week's hours with what podcasts I do have, it'd suck to completely lose one of my favorites(and one of the longest) ones every week.

Andrast posted:

yeah I can deal with pat's streams/archives because it's not just pat(when paige isn't there), it's pat with the chat constantly clowning on him.

Monathin posted:

we;lp

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I blame the Ustabiaz.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What’s this about pat’s girlfriend being nazi adjacent?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrManiac posted:

she's buddies with guys who are holocaust deniers/outright nazis and doubled down when called on it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DrManiac posted:

From what I understand she's retweeted/follows and has been on the show of people who have said some bad poo poo, and when called on it, got very defensive and kinda just always passes it off as "I can't vet everyone I follow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not the thing I expected to wake up to. I’m really bummed out. Matt was probably my favorite and to hear Woolie day Matt and Pat aren’t friends anymore just stung like hell... I remember how I got into this channel because my friend said to watch the Predator LP. I got hooked immediately. I will probably still watch Matt’s stuff cuz I do enjoy when he did the bug reports and him being a former QA Tester was like hey someone knows the bullshit and it made me happy.... sigh what way for 2018 to go.