Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phantasium posted:

I mean the shitstorm this year was already half of "here's games matt played on his channel at some point"

which was really lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

MaxDuo posted:

but the ones crazily on a witch hunt of "IT MUST BE THE FAULT OF THIS rear end in a top hat."

Many of those people don't understand that not all break ups, friendships or otherwise, are explosive and messy, people just end up growing apart and its healthy to recognize this and know when its time to end things.

Then you have the folks who are all "but friends are forever guys!!" real life doesn't work like it does in anime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

real life doesn't work like it does in anime.

maybe yours doesn't

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

mine works like the start of that anime where the loser protagonist has no friends and suddenly has a bunch of them, except i'm stuck in the start of episode 1

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Phantasium posted:

mine works like the start of that anime where the loser protagonist has no friends and suddenly has a bunch of them, except i'm stuck in the start of episode 1

Don't worry - one day you'll become Hokage. :v:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

And realize that title is just meaningless paperwork? :suicide:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

gently caress

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I feel like I'm that one supporting/friend to the protagonist who maybe did something cool at one point, but now is basically irrelevant to the story but continues tagging along for reasons no-ones quite sure of.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

Many of those people don't understand that not all break ups, friendships or otherwise, are explosive and messy, people just end up growing apart and its healthy to recognize this and know when its time to end things.

Then you have the folks who are all "but friends are forever guys!!" real life doesn't work like it does in anime.

I think a big catalyst for all of that kind of speculation was the fact that the current FNF which was supposed to be smash was cancelled due to an emergency

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Parasocial relationships make people legit go crazy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AShamefulDisplay posted:

I think a big catalyst for all of that kind of speculation was the fact that the current FNF which was supposed to be smash was cancelled due to an emergency

thats the real reason they broke up — pat wouldnt switch off of k rool

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

beep by grandpa posted:

Rip best friends, I def feel the most for
Woolie. While prob the most criticized by comments for maybe not having the strongest possibility/qualities as the others, my man showed up for work every single day and was always putting in 100% at the office. And god damnit, he's black and likes Muse. My spirit brother forever.

I think we all saw the writing on the wall and many of us aren't very surprised by this. Throughout the years I never liked the way Matt would sandbag segments he wasn't feeling or would check out. That stuff gave me the impression he could be very passive aggressive and annoying to be around if he's wasn't getting his way. Doubly moreso if he behaved that way with boss stuff. I know I would get very tired of that.

I want to also throw a huge recommendation for Funhaus. They're great for anyone like me whose work/life obligations keep them from consuming hours of content every day as all of their uploads are about an hour of play very well edited down to 10-15min.

At first I didn't like the editing cause I still did the fast and loose style of sbfz but I came to adore it if not because they're such a huge time saver.

These were the vids that got me hooked on them. Big, big loving laughs here when get started talking about Joel Schumaker hating women and only wanting to cast big oily jacked dudes for Batman & Robin :laugh: there's a reason clip has 1.2 million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWG8c5Pdzo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmomcik_S5o

They also do a few podcasts if you want more longform stuff. They also just added Alanah Pierce from IGN, who I wasn't sure of at first (not because IGN is questionable or anything but solely because I hate all women, drat fake gamer m'ladies trying to steal our hobby for themselves in favor of big feminist agenda) but she's real as gently caress, has had a impact on the channel having more scripted segments, which I believe work extremely well even tho they're mainly all about improv and she's not afraid to say anything really. Just a great group overall. Which means their inevitable disbanding is just a few months away...

I haven't followed these guys for too long compared to some people itt but woolie always seemed like the most together and professional of the three

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At any rate, this thread should stay around for discussion of the now shattered realms of Matt, Liam, Pat and Woolsworth

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I don't like Matt's vibe of insane frenetic forced energy and constant jump cuts and editing for a relentless pace you get on his channel compared with sounding like hes about to take a nap under the desk in the main channel vids. He's clearly, obviously more satisfied doing one over the other and is bad at pretending with people he doesn't like. I hope he cheers up and feels more satisfied and in control of things after this all blows over.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I've somehow never heard that term before and holy poo poo was a fascinating concept. Know what I am reading this week.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ah, that was the term I’ve been trying to recall. People are dealing with a unexpected pseudo breakup and I bet some enterprising PhD student could make a very interesting paper out of all this. Wasn’t there a Netflix documentary about this sort of thing recently?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Warbird posted:

Ah, that was the term I’ve been trying to recall. People are dealing with a unexpected pseudo breakup and I bet some enterprising PhD student could make a very interesting paper out of all this. Wasn’t there a Netflix documentary about this sort of thing recently?

Not sure but here's a great video series on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vD_CAYt4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLA-uFKjQ-g

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

hubris.height posted:

(Chrono trigger)

Oh my god this reminds that we'll never have them play through Chrono Cross now. gently caress

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Scary Owl posted:

Oh my god this reminds that we'll never have them play through Chrono Cross now. gently caress
good

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've somehow never heard that term before and holy poo poo was a fascinating concept. Know what I am reading this week.

Really? It's how most goons interact with things they like.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
But yeah seeing their fans go through this really does resemble like a bad breakup. People are taking sides, and are legit hurting over this. The way I see it is more like a long-running tv series ended and I'll still be able to see these guys in their separate channels and stuff. The nature of Youtube/Twitch/podcasts/etc makes it seem like you're in the room with them or whatever and they are your friends, but they aren't despite how much that content creator tells you. The effects of parasocial relationships and how they end is going to have some pretty bad consequences in the future. We're just barely starting to see it right now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

I love my relationship with goku

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big Scary Owl posted:

This probably wasn't ever going to happen. Pat revealed that he had played it a long time ago on one of Clemp's podcasts, and he absolutely hated it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

But yeah seeing their fans go through this really does resemble like a bad breakup. People are taking sides, and are legit hurting over this. The way I see it is more like a long-running tv series ended and I'll still be able to see these guys in their separate channels and stuff.

Hopefully we end up with Fraisers and not Joeys out of this.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Forget Chrono Cross, Pat needs to stop being a coward and stream Chaos Legion.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

People keep going on about Woolie and Pats chemistry, but I'm probably going to miss Crime Time the most

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

and he absolutely hated it.

I know, that's why I wanted them to play it! I would have loved seeing him just hate vomit all over that game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Overlord K posted:

Forget Chrono Cross, Pat needs to stop being a coward and stream all of Chrono Crusade. :kheldragar:
Fixed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still sad that Xenogears was relegated to one Mecha week episode and not a whole series.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

We're never going to get FFX-2 with Woolie and Matt, which blows. I loved that playthrough.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The real loss here is the loss of hate fueled play throughs of David Cage games

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

The real loss here is the loss of hate fueled play throughs of David Cage games

We can always hope there's just never another David Cage game. It's probably better for everyone.

Otherwise, I'd really like to hope that with some time between now and whenever that theoretical game is, it's something they'd be okay getting together to do a stream of it or something.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

There's a big difference between the people leaving donations on streams to update them about their own lives and goons posting "Aw, one of my favorite video channels died, that sucks"

Vandar posted:

Hopefully we end up with Fraisers and not Joeys out of this.

:agreed:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 17, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

WampaLord posted:

There's a big difference between the people leaving donations on streams to update them about their own lives and goons posting "Aw, one of my favorite video channels died, that sucks"

The warframe coupon adventure and hots lootbox buying streams were still comedy gold and you know it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Regarde Aduck posted:

I mean I always knew about it as a behavior, just not a codified term that is studied

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Now i'm just hanging with chat at the castlesuperbeast, all of us wondering what, if anything will happen soon. Running the news ourselves just in case.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Ho boy liams twitter is not in a good place right now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

all i see is a bunch of retweets and one gif that he deleted (but then reposted when people wanted to know what it is) that implies he saw this coming

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: Part of me right now doesn't want this thread to start posting tweets because I'm still bummed so I ask: can we really not right now.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fwiw I will probably close this thread in a week